Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

number go up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
unless u are gme, in which case u wont go below 100 or above 105

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Now this market is positively booming. Warren Buffet was right, never bet against America.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
What color is this. Some sort of blue mixed with yellow or something

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
N.D.R.A. rules everything around me. Gotta get that money, dollar dollar bill y’all.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

N.D.R.A. rules everything around me. Gotta get that money, dollar dollar bill y’all.

I'm lazy and I don't wanna log into my account. What're we at today?

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
3/19 OTM XPSX call ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Mukulu posted:

NDRA @ 2.55 now, up +2%

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Today seems like a good day to relax and not chase anything. Another day where premarket makes all the money and the day is just watching it slowly slip away!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mukulu posted:

It’s been bouncing around even getting to 2.69 at some point, but seems to have settled into the 2.50s right now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Red posted:

Selling everything for a nice 2.03 profit; I call this the Corleone maneuver

This is what I'm planning to do with my ARK ETFs. Bailing ASAP.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

This is what I'm planning to do with my ARK ETFs. Bailing ASAP.

Stock Market version of Agent 47 wrecking havoc in Ark?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
My biotech gambles are up up up today (NDRA and CRTX).

Surely this will last forever!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It continues to be a bull market for the Build A Bear Workshop. loving bizarre but taking some shares in it has largely covered my losses from last week.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
AAPL killing it today! Rome wasn't build in a day, I am going to hold this one for a while once I break even. Maybe half my money in my play account in Blue Chips, and gently caress around with the rest. Good to know I'm still talked about :)

Doctor Prescription isn't doing that well for me anymore, I bought off a large down gap, they were already FDA approved when I got in, this is another long play, maybe everyone sold the news? (DRRX) SLV is the other I am in, bought in a little high but it will be back, not worried about anything and don't plan to make any trades today!

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 1, 2021

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Am I doing covered calls right? I wrote one for CCIV at 36$ expiring Friday. Obviously that isn't happening, but my goal was just to collect the premium, confident there was no way CCIV would hit 36$ but even if it did that would be a hell of a profit. So... Kinda seemed like that's what all the YouTube videos suggested was a safe way to get into options. Good move or bad? Like it can really only go "bad" if it rose to $40 but even then I'd still be making a profit. And I guess the real risk is it crashes and I'm stuck with 100 shares until the option expires. I'm sure there's better ways to make money but do I have the fundamentals of the strategy behind covered calls right?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Basically that. Your risk is it crashing or going past the call, you get the premium and collect all profits up until strike. If it expire worthless you still get the premium.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bought WKHS earlier this morning at a pretty steep discount and already comfortably green (e: on probably bullshit news about disputing the USPS vehicle decision (I like the new USPS trucks) so I have no problem ditching Wednesday premarket jic)

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 1, 2021

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

paternity suitor posted:

My large international company is in the same boat. The offered all of the engineers their choice of four tiers: 1) Full time WFH, 2) >50% WFH, 3) <50% WFH, and 4) Full time office. I will be in the office one day a week as needed and it rules.

I was told that many non-engineering folks were told they will be full time WFH post-COVID, and of our three offices in the area, we are consolidating to one once the leases end. Cutting your office footprint by 2/3's is a no brainer.

Interestingly, they're also setting up offices to be more like hubs for any division, rather than division specific. We're apparently standing up a group in my office to support work out of Baltimore. They couldn't find people in the Baltimore area to support the work, which requires being in the office, but my region has the staff. You might wonder why this wouldn't have been the case in the past, but the offices used to be more like little castles for the presiding VP's to rule over. Those days are over.

It's going to be very interesting times for employment flexibility once things return to relative normal. I think the pay scales and job opportunities across the country are going to flatten significantly. I would make about 35% more if I worked in Boston. I'm struggling to see why you would pay an engineering department 35% more across the board when maybe you only need 10% - 25% of the staff physically located there.

It’s funny because my company grew so much that we moved to this whole new beautiful OPEN SPACE office in 2017 so accommodate the growth and we were weeks away from having to buy another floor of the building when covid hit.

Now I’m not sure I’ll ever have to go to the office again. I can deal with working late at night if I get to eat meals with my family instead of driving.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Sorry for the double post but now that I've figured out where I am comfortable, I moved out of Pot and movie theaters and into Airlines, NDRA, Ford, and Disney.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Pillowpants posted:

OPEN SPACE office

Looks like you dodged a bullet.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Le Saboteur posted:

It continues to be a bull market for the Build A Bear Workshop. loving bizarre but taking some shares in it has largely covered my losses from last week.

I cant figure out if BBW's performance is based on it being a well managed business with strong fundamentals, or if people are buying it simply for the amusing stock ticker. Regardless, I plan to purchase some soon.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

It’s funny because my company grew so much that we moved to this whole new beautiful OPEN SPACE office in 2017 so accommodate the growth and we were weeks away from having to buy another floor of the building when covid hit.

Now I’m not sure I’ll ever have to go to the office again. I can deal with working late at night if I get to eat meals with my family instead of driving.

A lot of companies are discussing having a rotating schedule where departments are only in a few days of the week, if at all. Whatever section of commercial real estate handles office space is never going to be the same.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

A lot of companies are discussing having a rotating schedule where departments are only in a few days of the week, if at all. Whatever section of commercial real estate handles office space is never going to be the same.

I just can't wait for the MA/NH legal dispute over remote workers to end....

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I cant figure out if BBW's performance is based on it being a well managed business with strong fundamentals, or if people are buying it simply for the amusing stock ticker. Regardless, I plan to purchase some soon.

it's not even trading at high volume today and it's seen an almost 8% leap already. I'm really not sure what to make of it. But yes it continues to be funny to hold stock in BBW.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

Le Saboteur posted:

Looking at their wikipedia, Build a Bear Workshop also has a music label (Build a Bear Records) and is in movie production (Build a Bear Entertainment). It's more than a mall store!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

I made a bet on this, and bought puts on commercial real estate ETFs in March 2020 for expirations a few months out. Didn't work out well for me.

If you're looking to go short on these companies, be careful* - think longer term. Months out may not be enough, it might take a year or more for the true effects to be felt.

* Or just be smarter than me, which isn't difficult.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

I made a bet on this, and bought puts on commercial real estate ETFs in March 2020 for expirations a few months out. Didn't work out well for me.

If you're looking to go short on these companies, be careful* - think longer term. Months out may not be enough, it might take a year or more for the true effects to be felt.

I'm still convinced it will all go back to normal because management wants to be able to watch over us

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

I am too dumb to strategize out that far but smart enough to know it. Its like the goldlocks zone for dumbness, not dumb enough to be dangerous yet too dumb to start thinking Im smart and getting really stupid. So basically, Im good. For now at least.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Pillowpants posted:

I'm still convinced it will all go back to normal because management wants to be able to watch over us

Once kids are back in school for real everyone will go back to the office.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Willingness to work in the office is the future of who gets promoted

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rabble posted:

Depends. Employers can save a lot of money on lower rent or mortgages for smaller offices. Also an excuse to downsize on some of the support staff.

That said I really think it varies from job to job (not even just industry level).

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Rabble posted:

I think it largely depends on what your industry is, a not insignificant amount of software companies are currently working on permanently keeping large amounts of their workforce working remotely for example. These companies are generally seeing overall productivity increases with their workers working remotely and eyeing their expensive rear end rented offices and realizing theres big savings to be had.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 1, 2021

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

It’s going to take a lot of work for there to not be a two track system of people who come into the office getting facetime and promotions, while careers stall for people working at home.

A robust performance management system would prevent this, but how confident are you that your employer has something like that?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh yeah definitely. It's anecdotal but one of my coworkers was just promoted to a team leader for going "above and beyond" in 2020 (working from the office every single day of the pandemic)

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Willingness to work in the office is the future of who gets promoted

this is why I haven't ditched LA for greener pastures yet. But they've already told us not until 2022 at the earliest. feels like it's going to become never

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh yeah definitely. It's anecdotal but one of my coworkers was just promoted to a team leader for going "above and beyond" in 2020 (working from the office every single day of the pandemic)

Eek!

Biz Dev and networking are also why I think in person work is coming back. It is a lot easier to sell services and products when you can schmooze at industry events than when you have a zoom call.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Wait, so you have gold bricks but moonlight as a mid-level employee?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Le Saboteur posted:

I think it largely depends on what you're industry is, a large amount of software companies are currently working on permanently keeping large amounts of their workforce working remotely for example.

Yeah you guys are right it's probably industry specific.

Personally, I never actually stopped coming into the office. Partly because I work at a small business and I need to pick up the mail and handle some day to day poo poo...partly because our business is customer facing retail and I would feel like an absolute hypocrite if I told our employees to work the salesfloor if I wasn't willing to at least be in the back office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Wait, so you have gold bricks but moonlight as a mid-level employee?

Mid-level is overstating it