Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFeg_hl0Se4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Dave hockaday telling Leeds players to bring packed lunches to training

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Posting because I thought about the statue again

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Spanish police raiding Barcelona’s offices and making some arrests

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
That one sid Lowe article about the Barcelona players running to catch a train that went on for over 9000 words then had like a two sentence match report at the end

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

whichever guest on football weekly had to be told off for referring to neil warnock as 'colin' on air

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Something just reminded me of this and got me a "what are you laughing at?" from the wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KQJwuIxtCU (Turn your volume down)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv4SpjMinlQ

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The second video is the most cringe I’ve ever felt watching someone else

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I've still never pressed play on either of those videos and I never will.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

You should. It will make you feel better about any cringe thing you’ve ever done because it will never be that bad

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I rarely disagree with my good friend Bovvy but you are correct not to watch those videos, especially the second one, which is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. monitor is on, etc.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I can see not watching the second one because it’s cringey as hell but the first one is absolutely bizarre and hilarious and is a must watch IMO.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

You should. It will make you feel better about any cringe thing you’ve ever done because it will never be that bad

Plus misery loves company

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
All the rumours of England lining up a bid for the 2030 world Cup reminded me of the 2022 bid

Posting itf when they announced that the next two world cups would be Russia and Qatar and Cameron and Prince William immediately showing their itemised bribe receipts and insisting that there had been a mistake

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

All the rumours of England lining up a bid for the 2030 world Cup reminded me of the 2022 bid

Posting itf when they announced that the next two world cups would be Russia and Qatar and Cameron and Prince William immediately showing their itemised bribe receipts and insisting that there had been a mistake
Almost as good is Sepp Blatter being mad that Qatar bribed their way to host 2022 because he'd planned to rig Russia and the United States to host 2018 and 2022 and the Qataris outbribed Sepp's rigging.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

FullLeatherJacket posted:

whichever guest on football weekly had to be told off for referring to neil warnock as 'colin' on air

James Richardson and the unfunny one Iain Macintosh running off and forming their own podcast because the Guardian wouldn't pay for them to go the Euros in France.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Shrapnig posted:

To be honest, I can only watch it in short bursts, myself... I can feel my soul trying to escape my body the moment he starts talking with that fake accent. Then I skip around the video and listen to a couple seconds at a time in order to isolate the cringe and protect myself from collapsing inward like a black hole. One time I left the room while it was playing and didn't realize it, all the dogs in the neighborhood were barking and birds started flying into my windows.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

Almost as good is Sepp Blatter being mad that Qatar bribed their way to host 2022 because he'd planned to rig Russia and the United States to host 2018 and 2022 and the Qataris outbribed Sepp's rigging.

Hotel staff holding up big sheets in the middle of the sidewalk so journalists couldn't get photos of FIFA execs doing perp walks.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
For some reason, I thought of this again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPBHJD5I5tQ

The poor Liverpool fan who slapped the beach ball onto the pitch seems like a nice kid: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-who-lost-game-for-mighty-426869

And Darren Bent's tweets were pretty funny too:

bleulemon
Mar 7, 2019
not sure if this has been linked as a yt video yet but Alan Pardew saying ""he absolutely raped him" re John Obi Mikel and Ched Evans... in 2013 lmao

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
Alan Pardew calling Pellegrini a loving old oval office

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Cesc asking Mark Hughes if he really played for Barcelona

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Jeremy Corbyn and hector bellerin were having a conversation and piers Morgan tried to join in so they started speaking Spanish so he couldn't

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bobby Digital posted:

Cesc asking Mark Hughes if he really played for Barcelona

I actually hadn’t heard about this and apparently Hughes said "He came off the pitch and asked me if I had played for Barcelona and when I said that, yes I did, he said something to the effect of `that wasn't Barcelona football, was it?” lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

Jeremy Corbyn and hector bellerin were having a conversation and piers Morgan tried to join in so they started speaking Spanish so he couldn't

lmao

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jose posted:

Is there a video of this? I need it in order to feel happy forever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

Is there a video of this? I need it in order to feel happy forever

it was at an awards ceremony so not as far as i know but there was some twitter stuff

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Hector Bellerin’s accent.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hector Bellerin repeatedly being hosed off at an F1 race because nobody recognized who he was.

https://twitter.com/GoonerN5/status/1005872629805473792

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Hector Bellerin repeatedly being hosed off at an F1 race because nobody recognized who he was.

https://twitter.com/GoonerN5/status/1005872629805473792

Idk I feel like that’s kind of a normal reaction to someone telling you “stop your active conversation and go away.”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brundle once asked the AMD CEO if she spoke English, he's genuinely awful at his job.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The eight contenders to become Celtic’s next manager analysed

Brendan Rodgers’ decision to leave Celtic mid-season, mere months from a potential third straight domestic treble, came as a shock to most. However, now the dust has settled on his departure, speculation over who should replace him is ratcheting up.

David Moyes
Moyes’ reputation has taken a hammering in recent seasons. Under his auspices, Manchester United had their worst season in the Premier League era while Sunderland were relegated during his time at the Stadium of Light. And, while his excellent decade with Everton should not be ignored, it’s worth noting he never won silverware with them or enjoyed regular deep European runs.

Tactically, he wouldn’t be the ideal choice for Celtic. He does set his teams up to be reasonably attacking and interesting to watch, though their focus tends to be on crossing into the box from wide areas for aerially strong forwards and midfield runners.

West Ham United manager David Moyes

That approach wouldn’t get the best out of this Celtic squad, and it would also be lapped up by Scottish Premiership defences that pack their own penalty boxes with tall, tough centre-backs.

After his struggles in Manchester, Sociedad and Sunderland, Moyes did well to keep West Ham United up last term. It was far from a career revival, however, and his only major expenditure, £10million on Jordan Hugill, was another example of a transfer strategy that has been questionable of late.

He may have a better understanding of Celtic and Scottish football than most, but his lack of trophies, unsuitable tactics and poor recent form, both on and off the pitch, count against him.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Moyes would destroy that league with Celtic.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

CyberPingu posted:

Moyes would destroy that league with Celtic.

At the time the celtic fans were like , not Moyes he's completely done :shepface:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that time anelka was proud of himself for making food for robert pires and it was just crisps with sweet chilli sauce and robert pires bafflement at it

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
There could probably be a whole subcategory dedicated to him, but “Gazza and the Two Fish”:
https://youtu.be/u5JC-Evp4bc

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Thomas Gravesen doing the best dribble of his career and breaking his knee at the same time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExoPmpixznw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

remember after henry moved to the us and was on some show and they asked him about racism in europe and how its surely worse because they didn't have a big civil rights movement

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

remember after henry moved to the us and was on some show and they asked him about racism in europe and how its surely worse because they didn't have a big civil rights movement

I don't, but I don't doubt it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Joey Barton saying Thiago Silva looked like an "overweight ladyboy"