Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://twitter.com/yassir_lester/status/1365730658954268681?s=21

Herd immunity? Never heard of it.

It’s cool that we’re a year into this and we’re rehashing last March’s argument that you shouldn’t wear a mask but applying it to a disastrous rollout where thousands of vaccines have literally been thrown away because the “right” recipients weren’t available at the time.

I can't really tell from the shitpost style of those tweets, but there's been some scandals with healthcare execs jumping the queue for them and their families, which is dirty as gently caress.

Hospitals have also been doing calls for anyone with an arm to come by and get stuck because they've got a batch thawed and need to get it put in people, and if that"s what they're talking about then yeah, that's a stupid take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Elviscat posted:

I can't really tell from the shitpost style of those tweets, but there's been some scandals with healthcare execs jumping the queue for them and their families, which is dirty as gently caress.

Hospitals have also been doing calls for anyone with an arm to come by and get stuck because they've got a batch thawed and need to get it put in people, and if that"s what they're talking about then yeah, that's a stupid take.

They are talking about the latter.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I read an article about how pharmacies and hospitals were throwing doses out because they didn't have enough people in the current tier to give it to. So I called my local Rite-aid pharmacy and asked them if I could possibly just hang around the store and if someone doesn't show up for their appointment could I get their dose? And they said that they were keeping a waiting list to call people to come in should that happen. It wasn't/isn't Rite-aid official policy but the pharmacy manager thought it was dumb to waste doses and started doing it themselves to prevent it. So I put my husband and I down and we got called 5 days later. We had to drop everything and go immediately cause at that point I think the dose was only good for another 2 hours, but that's how we got our first shot even though we're not in the current tiers. I feel a little bit guilty, like we cut in line, but also I don't. I didn't lie about anything, I just prevented waste. It's been a little difficult getting the 2nd shot scheduled because none of the official sites will let us since we're not in the current tier. But the Rite-aid guys told me they have their own vaccine management system that will call us about 2 days before our next shot is due to schedule something. And then I saw on our County health site that they have 2nd shot clinics once a week for anyone who needs to get their second shot so I think we'll be okay.

Anyhow, call your local pharmacies and see if they have a wait list. Might be faster than hoping the government gets it's poo poo together.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Baron von Eevl posted:

You know "Coronel" is her middle name and not her rank, right?

It’s her patronym. “Aispuro” is her matronym.

Unless :thejoke: that I’m missing?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If the issue was not enough vaccines to go around, paying money to jump in front of like, healthcare workers or immunocompromised people is p. lovely. And I think there were reports of that happening in some places.

The "hang out near the CVS in case some batches are about to expire" thing is absolutely very smart cool and good.

It's not clear to me from the tweet which one they're talking about.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you've never seen this blog, Crazy Days and Nights, it's so notorious for its accuracy that it's been threatened with lawsuits. It's got posts dating back to December 2019 about what Armie Hammer was up to.

The latest rumor is that Jake Paul's mansion got raided by the FBI back in August and Logan Paul is abruptly moving to Puerto Rico because they're involved in weapon, drug, and human trafficking.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Moving to Puerto Rico to evade US law?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Scratch Monkey posted:

Moving to Puerto Rico to evade US law?

"Turn back, boys. There's no catching him now.

That's Big Water."

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

If you've never seen this blog, Crazy Days and Nights, it's so notorious for its accuracy that it's been threatened with lawsuits. It's got posts dating back to December 2019 about what Armie Hammer was up to.

The latest rumor is that Jake Paul's mansion got raided by the FBI back in August and Logan Paul is abruptly moving to Puerto Rico because they're involved in weapon, drug, and human trafficking.

I checked out this blog and I can't understand any of it. I guess I'm terminally out of touch.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

EasilyConfused posted:

Teaching kids they can be a gender fluid potato.

It's about goddamn time, I've been waiting for this validation my whole fuckin life

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Picnic Princess posted:

It's about goddamn time, I've been waiting for this validation my whole fuckin life
You're putting too much milk and/or boiling your gender potatoes too long.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

mng posted:

LED? What kinda lovely name is that. TUNGSTEN! There's a name you can trust.
Loving Every Dick

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

chitoryu12 posted:

How are the items submitted? People reveal them later? What is this

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ventral EggSac posted:

How are the items submitted? People reveal them later? What is this

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/10/crazy-days-and-nights-enty-interview

The blog has been operating for a long time and is pretty notorious for getting poo poo right. It's likely run by someone with serious industry connections.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Biplane posted:

I checked out this blog and I can't understand any of it. I guess I'm terminally out of touch.

Read the comments.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Read the comments.

I didn't even see there were comments on the posts, they were hidden beneath dozens of ads. But yeah that helped.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/10/crazy-days-and-nights-enty-interview

The blog has been operating for a long time and is pretty notorious for getting poo poo right. It's likely run by someone with serious industry connections.

Yeah, I believe Harvey Weinstein and Dan Schneider were called out for years on there.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

That’s considered a rumor? I thought it was well publicized that Jake Paul was raided by the FBI and they pulled like 23 rifles from his house (among many other things).

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

My favorite Paul Brothers conspiracy is that Logan may have filmed that dead body to get out of a movie deal. He's even being sued by the production company. https://www.ibtimes.com/studio-sues-logan-paul-over-controversial-suicide-forest-video-alleges-youtuber-3111822

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nucleic Acids posted:

That’s considered a rumor? I thought it was well publicized that Jake Paul was raided by the FBI and they pulled like 23 rifles from his house (among many other things).

He got raided in August but didn't get arrested. It was claimed that it was just in relation to the vandalism at a mall in Arizona during the Floyd protests, which everyone immediately called out as bullshit because the FBI isn't going to raid someone's house over smashing a few mall windows. The rumor is that both of them are actively being investigated and a case is being built.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

grittyreboot posted:

My favorite Paul Brothers conspiracy is that Logan may have filmed that dead body to get out of a movie deal. He's even being sued by the production company. https://www.ibtimes.com/studio-sues-logan-paul-over-controversial-suicide-forest-video-alleges-youtuber-3111822

Assuming he didn't kill the person, I think that's a fair play.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

chitoryu12 posted:

The Paul Bros are contract employees of the FBI.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/mattbinder/status/1366426178807029766?s=21

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The article talks about Airplane Mode as if it wasn’t made. It was, and from the first ten minutes or so that I watched the video of a dead body might actually be better.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

This man is getting dunked on all sides and even went out of his way to pick a fight with Mara Wilson of all people. He's a loathsome ghoul, but he's Truly Online.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

christmas boots posted:

This man is getting dunked on all sides and even went out of his way to pick a fight with Mara Wilson of all people. He's a loathsome ghoul, but he's Truly Online.

Hoo boy he's still going, now with "lol i troll u"-lite:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Fake Rich Wilkins was better IMO.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

christmas boots posted:

Mara Wilson is great and if you find yourself in a twitter fight with her, you done hosed up.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Not so much an idiot as clearly a fake account that is operated by either the worst liberal in the world or some kind of troll

https://twitter.com/mandelaface/status/1366378869813518347?s=21

https://twitter.com/mandelaface/status/1366427496372006914?s=21

https://twitter.com/mandelaface/status/1366479621189816320?s=21

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I've got 3 or 4 children too

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

lmao

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

can't believe helldumping is allowed on twitter

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ben shapino posted:

can't believe helldumping is allowed on twitter

I guess that is the reason goatstein left us :/

that and the steampunk wedding

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
IoSM: Alive and also dead.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Helldumping is what twitter IS. "This person said this, here's a collage of them being trash."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It rules because NBA Twitter is good at doing that to find burners. Like the time a GM has a burner to pump himself up

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1366771225087913989

Ren isn't the idiot.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

CharlestheHammer posted:

It rules because NBA Twitter is good at doing that to find burners. Like the time a GM has a burner to pump himself up

That does rule. It is the best.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Parker not the idiot
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1366778967827623937?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

none of that makes any sense lol

anyway the general idea I got from my tx history class was that settlers weren't really supposed to be settling on Mexican land, then did not want to leave it (or lose their slaves obviously) when Mexico started giving a poo poo about it (in a dictatorial power consolidation type of way)

basically the classic "send settlers, then say the bad guys are forcing them from their homes later" conquering strategy. if only there was some modern analogue that was happening right now somewhere in the near east....