Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

telling someone who’s already using an nvidia shield to “go to hell” seems redundant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

telling someone who’s already using an nvidia shield to “go to hell” seems redundant

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

*opens the door, yells out* hey guys! check out this guys opinion on the nvidia shield! he says it sucks!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

follow-up act backstage starts panicking as he tries to think of a replacement for the two minutes of NVIDIA based humor in his tight five.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Virgil leading Dante through the seventh circle, housing the souls of murderers, war-makers and Ouya users

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Virgil leading Dante through the seventh circle, housing the souls of murderers, war-makers and Ouya users

lmao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

follow-up act backstage starts panicking as he tries to think of a replacement for the two minutes of NVIDIA based humor in his tight five.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My kids are complaining about joycon drift I really need to do something about this

e: also they burst into uncontrollable laughter upon opening the switch home screen and seeing the words 'Triangle Strategy'

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 2, 2021

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

P-Mack posted:

e: also they burst into uncontrollable laughter upon opening the switch home screen and seeing the words 'Triangle Strategy'

to be fair...

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Started BOTW for the first time tonight. Thank you Nintendo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

happy gaming.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Was worried that I wouldn’t like the weapon degradation system but after two hours of gameplay I’m 100% sure that it’s Actually Good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
they just want you to mix things up, its good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

throwing a weapon when it's getting toward the end of its life and watching it shatter and knock down your enemy ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

throwing a weapon when it's getting toward the end of its life and watching it shatter and knock down your enemy ftw

That's a goomba stomp

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah it's fine. I think more unique equipment would have been cool, wouldn't have hurt the gameplay loop to have had a reliable arsenal by the end of the game, but w/e

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the weapon durability in botw is good but yeah the ultimate end reward for that kind of thing should always be an unbreakable weapon. the master sword dlc should have just made it so it doesnt break, beating that is so late game that it wouldn't ruin the game or anything. the gold tools in animal crossing breaking is bullshit too

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought that's what they were gonna do with the Champion weapons but then those broke and also had weird bootleg versions you could craft??? Very weirdly fleshed out.

I think in general BOTW just needs more unique stuff. All the different armor sets are really cool, we could have stood to have a lot more of that kind of stuff.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The weapon durability is good for making you try new stuff but the new stuff ends up not being that different imo. Switching on the fly is easy and you’re unlikely to run out of anything but imo permanent unique weapons better at dealing with different enemy types would be better. Plus most of the fun wasn’t on weapons it was doing silky stuff with arrow types and your powers and the physics engine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

the gold tools in animal crossing breaking is bullshit too

this pisses me off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

I thought that's what they were gonna do with the Champion weapons but then those broke and also had weird bootleg versions you could craft??? Very weirdly fleshed out.

I think in general BOTW just needs more unique stuff. All the different armor sets are really cool, we could have stood to have a lot more of that kind of stuff.

BOTW2 is going to be amazeballs.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

They were identical versions but you needed a very specific also rare weapon and a diamond to remake them. Made you super resistant to using them imo so they’re just in my house

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my recollection is that after you do trial of the sword, the master sword recovers so quickly that it's functionally always on unless you like fight two lynels in a row or something. i had it for a lot of the game because you basically just need one set of good food to give you the yellow hearts and it's the same as taking it on at the end of the game.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You can’t pull it out with yellow hearts. Maybe you used the statue to reset all your stamina upgrades to hearts then back after? A lot of people do that one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah my number 1 system hope for botw2 is that they do something with weapons. give us more goofy unique stuff, maybe a couple more weapon types, and a couple more recharging weapons would be cool. ive seen people saying they want weapon durability gone entirely and theyre morons, but it definitely needs some switching around

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The master sword is also boring as hell after you've spent 140 hours using all sorts of different weapons with unique properties.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ia lso wouldn't mind some more runes that you get through gameplay. ,ike you start with the five from botw, then they add a hookshot rune somewhere and maybe like a fireball rune and one or two more that you get through ovbious gameplay branches

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

yeah the champion weapons are just a weak part of the game. i don't know what they were going for, but whatever it was didn't work.

In Training posted:

this.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

You can’t pull it out with yellow hearts. Maybe you used the statue to reset all your stamina upgrades to hearts then back after? A lot of people do that one

sorry, that's not what i meant - i got the master sword the regular way, but i didn't wait to do 120 shrines or w/e to do trial of the sword. you can eat food to get the extra seven hearts before you go into the trials.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I liked getting all the powers at the start so every puzzle was either a combination or had multiple ways to solve them. Not opposed to new moves but also would prefer to get them all at the start again for the same reason. One little shrine teaching you each unique mechanic was enough for me

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

sorry, that's not what i meant - i got the master sword the regular way, but i didn't wait to do 120 shrines or w/e to do trial of the sword. you can eat food to get the extra seven hearts before you go into the trials.

ahh nice! Need to go back and do that some day. I like to dip into BOTW a bit every now and then and do some more stuff. I'm only 116 shrines maybe but I also have done the. 16 or so DLC shrines for the ballad of champions stuff

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The only thing I didn’t like about weapon durability was that it made you not want to use the unique stuff that was there like Urbosa’s scimitar. It would be nice in 2 if there’s either more unique stuff that has the Master Sword’s regen ability (would make the Master Sword less unique but it doubling in power near Ganon’s influence is good enough on its own imo), or maybe a blacksmith you can go to for repairs so you’d still have to switch out when it’s durability is low but you can keep from losing it if you pay attention and are willing to pay

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 2, 2021

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

This.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The only thing I didn’t like about weapon durability was that it made you not want to use the unique stuff that was there like Urbosa’s scimitar. It would be nice in 2 if there’s either more unique stuff that has the Master Sword’s regen ability (would make the Master Sword less unique but it doubling in power near Gabon’s influence is good enough on its own imo), or maybe a blacksmith you can go to for repairs so you’d still have to switch out when it’s durability is low but you can keep from losing it if you pay attention and are willing to pay

master sword is unique by being the master sword, it doesnt need any fancy properties

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The only thing I didn’t like about weapon durability was that it made you not want to use the unique stuff that was there like Urbosa’s scimitar. It would be nice in 2 if there’s either more unique stuff that has the Master Sword’s regen ability (would make the Master Sword less unique but it doubling in power near Gabon’s influence is good enough on its own imo), or maybe a blacksmith you can go to for repairs so you’d still have to switch out when it’s durability is low but you can keep from losing it if you pay attention and are willing to pay

they do the latter already basically but it sucks because it costs a diamond which is too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah it would be cool if the unique stuff didn't completely break but was reparable somehow. Otherwise I don't have too many issues with the durability system