Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Bitcoin is tulips but on a computer, and you make a new tulip by burning the next pile of coal in a long line of piles of coal that get bigger and bigger
Years ago some journalist described the Icelandic banking crisis this way: imagine you have a dog and I have a dog and I agree your dog is worth a billion dollars and you agree my dog is worth a billion dollars, so we trade dogs and then announce that our combined worth is now two billion dollars. Bitcoin is like that, only the dogs don't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And we can all agree that dogs are so much better than imaginary currency.

E: the first photo on a GIS for "bitdog"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Gordon Shumway posted:

Also, flying under the radar here is the 1.5 million dollar house they own.

I'm fond of the bit in the earlier article about how they had to get takeout because they're too tired to cook after work. As opposed to minimum wage workers, who are always full of energy at the end of the day.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

SubG posted:

Years ago some journalist described the Icelandic banking crisis this way: imagine you have a dog and I have a dog and I agree your dog is worth a billion dollars and you agree my dog is worth a billion dollars, so we trade dogs and then announce that our combined worth is now two billion dollars. Bitcoin is like that, only the dogs don't exist.

That's how you got Dogecoin.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety final report released by federal government (ABC).
The Royal Commission into Banking came out in 2019 and recommended more consumer protections, now treasurer Josh Frydenberg wants less.

Rowe:

Knight:

Wilcox:

Spooner:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Does Rowe do any artistry besides politoons? Even though I find a lot of his toons grotesque I do like the style and artistry of them a lot. Like, weirdly so. I'm especially happy if a Rowe is set up after the ol 3-5 Matt, I go from angry to impressed in the span of two toons.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I think Rowe is using watercolours on paper as the basis of his cartoons before scanning and Photoshop, rather than all digital, which is why they look the way they do.

I don't know if he does anything other than political cartoons for the Australian Financial Review, it's impressive how many he can make in a week.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

If Francisco Goya was a political cartoonist he'd be Rowe.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

rydiafan posted:

If Francisco Goya was a political cartoonist he'd be Rowe.

Goya was a political cartoonist.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
"Non Protest March"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

*slaps top of dog cage*

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
what

it's just whining, right?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Non Protest March"

Holy poo poo, Soul Man.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Looks like a clean knockout and the guy in blue trunks clearly won, so AGC.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Non Protest March"

The chosen movies are just :discourse:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I do hope that the awful people who draw politoons obsessively follow this thread and actively lowering their happiness levels.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Kuros posted:

The chosen movies are just :discourse:
Yeah this is a genuine masterpiece :allears:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I have to admit I am amused by the Mitt caricature

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's border measures and the Brazil Covid variant – The prime minister has denied hotel quarantine was brought in too slowly, as a nationwide search to track down a person infected with a coronavirus “variant of concern” that originated in Brazil gets under way"

Telegraph:

Budget 2021: Rishi Sunak to pledge more government firepower to save jobs and businesses

Matt:

Boris Johnson 'outright condemns' Guardian columnist Roy Greenslade as he RESIGNS from City University post amid outrage after he revealed his long-held support for the IRA

Independent:

Times:

People smugglers could get life sentences under new rules, says Home Office

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak set to announce £400m for arts sector in his Budget;

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... our dwindling police stations

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I hate Matt

I love Collins.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

As well as the cabinet minister accused of historical rape which Scott Morrison is standing by, the watch is a reference to Christine Holgate, the Australia Post CEO who Morrison loudly demanded should immediately go when she gifted some Cartier watches to executives.

Wilcox:

On the aged care royal commission.

Knight:

Michael Gudinski, Mushroom Records founder and Australian music industry icon dies aged 68, Kylie Minogue and Jimmy Barnes pay tribute (ABC)

Spooner:

Almost certainly in response to the cabinet minister accused of historical rape.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Spooner:

Almost certainly in response to the cabinet minister accused of historical rape.
Not that justice has ever been blind but wouldn't unblinding justice only ever benefit the powerful anyway? I always thought that the concept was "it doesn't matter who you are, you will face the same justice" which while clearly not true is at least a good sentiment? I don't know how justice being able to see would favor the accusers here, which seems to be the implication.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

That's goddamned horrifying and kinda shallow. I guess it's good for showing he was behind some really, really popular songs but ugh.

Nomination: Worst obituary

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Vib Rib posted:

Not that justice has ever been blind but wouldn't unblinding justice only ever benefit the powerful anyway? I always thought that the concept was "it doesn't matter who you are, you will face the same justice" which while clearly not true is at least a good sentiment? I don't know how justice being able to see would favor the accusers here, which seems to be the implication.

'actually you will find that it is rich white men who rape people who are discriminated against' - the cartoonist

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I think the assertion is that all the cancel culture-loving SJWs on social media want to unblind her because they are more interested in punishing people they don't like (the rich white men, like ungulateman said) than administering fair and impartial justice.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
What's with the scales?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

I'm glad that with Trump now out of office we still have the horrifying Boris caricatures to haunt my nightmares

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I look forward to the day we have AOC as president for many good reasons, but also because whoever draws this horror show (that I agree with in general) will have to draw cartoons of a normal human being.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

By the time AOC gets anywhere close to the throne she'll have metamorphosed into a droopy skinned old man as well. Just the way this thing works.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

THE SUPREME COURT PROVES IT IS JUST AS CORRUPT AS THE FBI AND CONGRESS

All of our institutions are rotten to the core with corruption and cowardice. It’s time to face that fact.

Sidney knows…

On Monday the US Supreme Court rejected without comment or explanation, the 2020 election challenges by Attorney Sidney Powell in Arizona and Wisconsin.

Sidney Powell issued a statement:

My comment for the press on SCOTUS rulings today: “The Supreme Court’s failure to date to address the massive election fraud and multiple constitutional violations that wrought a coup of the presidency of the greatest country in world history completes the implosion of each of our three branches of government into the rubble of a sinkhole of corruption.

It is an absolute tragedy for the Rule of Law, the future of what was a Republic, and all freedom-loving people around the world.”

What does the cabal have on the Chief Justice? Why can’t the court just hear the evidence? What are they afraid of? More riots by BLM? Now that everyone has had a free trial of the rolling disaster of the Biden administration, more people would welcome the election being overturned.

Get ready for the next step folks…

-GrrrTeam

Ben continues to be unable to consider the possibility that the majority of the country did not want Trump.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ben's pinning all the blame on Roberts but if the five conservative justices had voted to hear the case they would have. I can't find how they voted but why isn't he criticizing ACB/Kavanaugh/Alito/Thomas/Gorsuch? That would make way more sense than pretending Roberts rules the court with an iron fist.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ben's pinning all the blame on Roberts but if the five conservative justices had voted to hear the case they would have. I can't find how they voted but why isn't he criticizing ACB/Kavanaugh/Alito/Thomas/Gorsuch? That would make way more sense than pretending Roberts rules the court with an iron fist.
The conspiracy theory is that Roberts threatened the other justices...somehow if they didn’t vote his way.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

This is so goddamn fetishy. I have to imagine Garrison would be happier if he just accepted being a kinky weirdo and focused on that instead of politics.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

gently caress off

quote:

There's three interpretations of this and I'm not sure which is the right one.

1) You can't actually create money, nor can you control the climate, what a fool she is to think the government can do these things.

2) Creating money is bad economic policy and will hurt the economy, and trying to control the climate is bad environmental policy and will hurt the environment, this woman is dangerous.

3) Of course the snow and ice in Texas was government weather control to punish them for being right wing.

quote:

"Democrats don't tolerate sexual harassment." Good jokes. Though let's hope that unlike certain other Democrats, Cuomo actually faces consequences.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Wtf is going on with that door.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

sugar mouse posted:

what, you don't have six inch gaps above your doors so air can circulate? :confused:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

sugar mouse posted:

I love that door

- 4m tall
- a gap at the top that gets wider away from the hinge
- signs on the wrong side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Don't Worry, Afghanistan, We Will Always Be Here for You

Ted Rall posted:

Warmongers in both major political parties say that we shouldn’t "abandoned" Afghanistan as if a violent occupation that brutalizes the population is something that anyone who lives there wouldn't want to see come to an end.