Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Bismuth posted:

Cum shouldnt do that either :ohdear:

But... how else do you reproduce? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Taking this in the "a baby is really a kind of infection" direction or the "I will soon give birth to five billion bouncing baby bacteria" direction, I'm not sure which is grosser

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Biplane posted:

But... how else do you reproduce? :confused:

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ3c4IIEazM

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
If anybody's interested, a dramatic reading of the real story of Cum Egg starts at about 51 minutes of this podcast episode. They only take around 10 minutes to read and talk about it, so you don't even have to waste a whole hour pretending you've been recommended a podcast.
https://play.acast.com/s/bigsofttitty/episode-7-drumk

e: to be clear, this is a story of someone putting cum into a jello mold and freezing it. If this isn't something you think you'd like to hear, please don't listen. The podcast itself is also quite gross at times, but I think this is the worst it gets this episode.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 15:05 on Mar 2, 2021

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

PYF MEMES: a dramatic reading of the real story of Cum Egg starts at about 51 minutes of this podcast

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Legit surprised that wasn’t an FPlus link. You’d think they would have covered it once or twice by now.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I've got decently severe adhd and almost never have problems sleeping. Brains are weird. Also there are adhd threads in both ask/tell and e/n that people should check out

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Benagain posted:

I've got decently severe adhd and almost never have problems sleeping. Brains are weird. Also there are adhd threads in both ask/tell and e/n that people should check out

True Story: I've had them bookmarked for months but never seem to get around to it.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

God, Moon Over June sucks.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

https://i.imgur.com/Ys760KU.mp4

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

To be fair, commercial cookie dough, like a Pillsbury cookie log, or whatever, probably has pasteurized eggs in the first place.

Secondly, the odds of getting salmonella from eggs is pretty darn low in the first place. Like 1 out of every 20,000 eggs has it? And even if you GET a salmonella egg, it's not like ANY amount of salmonella in you will make you sick, most of us do have functioning immune systems that can fight it.

Live you dreams. Eat that raw cookie dough.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Or, ya know, cook your loving food. Unless you're like 7, then eat the sugar dough I guess.

E: content

Last one might have been posted already but it gives me the giggles.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

To be fair, commercial cookie dough, like a Pillsbury cookie log, or whatever, probably has pasteurized eggs in the first place.

Secondly, the odds of getting salmonella from eggs is pretty darn low in the first place. Like 1 out of every 20,000 eggs has it? And even if you GET a salmonella egg, it's not like ANY amount of salmonella in you will make you sick, most of us do have functioning immune systems that can fight it.

Salmonella from eggs isn't the only concern. Raw flour also gets contaminated with E. coli.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

DrBouvenstein posted:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
You can milk him on your own.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Owwww

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Scholtz posted:

cadbury zygote

I really should make more of those

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tony Phillips posted:

:lol: thats a deep cut

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Tony Phillips posted:

i can make it on my own

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Tony Phillips posted:

The teat of a champion!

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Cocaine Bear posted:

Or, ya know, cook your loving food. Unless you're like 7, then eat the sugar dough I guess.

Me yelling at my kids each night to eat their drat raw beef

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I watched a documentary on breakfast in Japan, and they chow down on raw eggs like it's nothing

The host asked if they were worried about salmonella, and the guy said something like "nah we check them really carefully, Japanese eggs are totally safe," but I gotta wonder how that's even possible

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

I watched a documentary on breakfast in Japan, and they chow down on raw eggs like it's nothing

The host asked if they were worried about salmonella, and the guy said something like "nah we check them really carefully, Japanese eggs are totally safe," but I gotta wonder how that's even possible

lol if you don't put all your breakfast foods under a scanning electron microscope before consumption

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I reduce all my food to a safe and sterile ball of plasma.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm tempted to make some cookie dough, vacuum seal it, then put it in a sous vide for hours on low heat for several hours to pasteurize it.

Theoretically you can cook chicken at 145°F for several hours and it pasteurises it at the same level as cooking chicken to 165°F instantaneously. Mmmmmm, medium-rare chicken…

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

His lobster recipe's gotten a lot better though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

...of SCIENCE! posted:

it takes an actual trained professional with an outside perspective to actually tell if it's pathological or just normal human behavior.

I am going through that process (early days) and so far it seems promising, but I didn't mention it before because I didn't feel I owed the mmrnmhrm thread, or you in particular, Sleeveless, any corroborating details about my medical history.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

hawowanlawow posted:

The US wash their eggs before they hit stores which removes a natural protective coating - the USDA suggests this to remove bacteria, but also means that if something gets through the wash it can migrate through the now-porous shell, and refrigeration is necessary to inhibit this. I guess insisting on a standardised washing process is more consistent than a free for all (or state-by-state regulation), which could be an issue in a region as broad and geographically diverse as the US.

The rest of the world largely doesn't pre-wash eggs (and sells them at room temp) so the coating can do its thing, and some further mitigate against salmonella by immunizing the chickens/dosing with anti-biotics.

Eggs are pretty safe.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

hawowanlawow posted:

They have salmonella vaccines for chickens now. I don't know about Japan, but a number of countries just started vaccinating chickens to make their meat and eggs safer.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

The US wash their eggs before they hit stores which removes a natural protective coating - the USDA suggests this to remove bacteria, but also means that if something gets through the wash it can migrate through the now-porous shell, and refrigeration is necessary to inhibit this. I guess insisting on a standardised washing process is more consistent than a free for all (or state-by-state regulation), which could be an issue in a region as broad and geographically diverse as the US.

The rest of the world largely doesn't pre-wash eggs (and sells them at room temp) so the coating can do its thing, and some further mitigate against salmonella by immunizing the chickens/dosing with anti-biotics.

Eggs are pretty safe.

yeah I'm aware of this, but I've never seen any euros talking about eating raw eggs

Killer robot posted:

They have salmonella vaccines for chickens now. I don't know about Japan, but a number of countries just started vaccinating chickens to make their meat and eggs safer.

probably this, and probably they make farmers vaccinate their chickens because they actually have a cultural reason to eat raw eggs. I'm just going to assume there are lobbyists hard at work in the US to keep us from having to spend money vaccinating chickens

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In Canada, eggs come in bags.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Also iirc, in a lot of US farming they've just bred out salmonella by having vaccinated birds produce dozens of generations of them that have just simply never come in contact with it.

Salmonella is pretty much non-existent in chicken now because factory farms vaccinate and hippie farms safely breed them.

Most salmonella cases now are from reptiles, other birds, or people who raise their own chickens.

I'm not saying go out and start eating raw chicken, but your chances of survival if you did are way higher than in the 80s or 90s.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Where was that video of a store selling huge plastic bulk bags of peeled eggs in room temperature liquid like something conjured up by Bavmorda

e:VVV AAA thank you

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Mar 2, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

In Canada, eggs come in bags.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Salmonella comes mostly from the chicken’s gut, and if poo poo gets on the egg and is not cleaned it can infect it with salmonella, but is very rare even in the US. I think it’s something like 1 in 40,000 eggs is infected?

On the other hand, hygiene involved in factory farm butchering of chickens is so bad that most of the meat is contaminated because stuff goes everywhere. This is why chicken meat must be treated with such caution. In Japan, there are butchers who do it with enough care that the risk is reduced to the point where chicken sashimi is a thing (no thanks).

Fake edit: I have no point, so I must meme

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One Canadian week's (eight days) worth of aeggs.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Phy posted:

I am going through that process (early days) and so far it seems promising, but I didn't mention it before because I didn't feel I owed the mmrnmhrm thread, or you in particular, Sleeveless, any corroborating details about my medical history.

actually i think you'll find that as per guy mann's expert knowledge, you show no symptoms of having any mental condition until a trained professional stamps a big scarlet ADHD onto your forehead and the ability to do things falls out of your freshly 'tarded brain.

(if adhd memes resonate with you particularly, it's a good idea to get that checked out, and i bet it's more likely than not that people in this thread going 'huh, that sounds a little like me' would end up with a diagnosis if they consulted someone trained to recognise it. oddly enough, that poo poo doesn't just pop out of nowhere.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^^- self diagnosis isn't great, eh. If you can afford it, see a clinician. If you can't, I dunno, smoke weed and try to keep on touch with family and friends and hope for the best.

zoux posted:

One Canadian week's (eight days) worth of aeggs.

Those are immature moose eggs. That's a major offence there, buddy.

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 20:14 on Mar 2, 2021