Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Next time I put a bike on a stand I'm going to tell people it's in case it runs wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Spent $150,000 on motorcycles, begs for a $150 rear stand

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Go on, take the money and run.

Slavvy posted:

Next time I put a bike on a stand I'm going to tell people it's in case it runs wild.

That's actually the most sane thing he's said/done. With electric motorcycles the motors and controllers need to be in synch/commissioned. If the bike's programming is hosed up the motor can go into runaway and destroy itself. Better to have the rear wheel off the ground in that case.

Sagebrush posted:

Spent $150,000 on motorcycles, begs for a $150 rear stand

I found out it was actually $250,000.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Please tell me "pet" in that word salad is a bike and not an actual dog or whatever other animal that definitely doesn't deserve this poo poo.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Please tell me "pet" in that word salad is a bike and not an actual dog or whatever other animal that definitely doesn't deserve this poo poo.

It's an alligator.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ok yep, this dude has some poo poo going on.

“My pet?” Just say what it is. Why was it lost at a race track to begin with? Your pet was at the track for two weeks? Why did you trespass instead of working with track security?

:wtc:

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 1, 2021

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
At first this was funny, then I thought he was doing a bit, but now I'm frightened of this person.

Maybe the "pet" was a tamagotchi?

Coydog fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 1, 2021

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I am really looking forward to this idiot messing everything up. It should be quite funny.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Coydog posted:

At first this was funny, then I thought he was doing a bit, but now I'm frightened of this person.

Maybe the "pet" was a tamagotchi?
They're called Giga Pets, jeezus

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Steakandchips posted:

I am really looking forward to this idiot messing everything up. It should be quite funny.

We can't be that far off, can we? Let's recap:

- Blew through $250k inheritance to purchase 2 LiveWires (at seemingly 150% markup apiece?), 1 Zero SR/S, 1 Lightning LS-218, and 4 Energica powertrains with the intent of promoting electric racing

- Crashed both LiveWires and hospitalized himself. Both LiveWires and EVR L LC were repaired.

- Fails racing instruction and gets banned from basically the only electric racing league, AHRMA Formula Lightning

- Gets banned from Roebling Road in conjunction with AHRMA ban

- Gets banned from Jennings raceway for.... trying to find his pet

- Is broke

- Has no recent work history and, as such, is unable to apply for loans

- Is trying to start an E-Sports team

- Is trying to make an album about 20 "racing themed" songs

- Is attempting to chop up the 4 Energicas and turn them into the ever-popular 3 wheeled racing league which he will be calling B.E.A.R.S.

- Just needs $2M to buy and develop this plot of land for his racing league. Has vision.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
He's got scope creep like crazy and will probably turn into a literal scope creep from some race tower soon.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

This can’t last, and it has to end in prison or death, right?

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

RadioPassive posted:

I think you mean Domination or Death

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I assume his pet is a rabid raccoon.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

His pet is a smaller, crazier person with an electric scooter racing league.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Yuns posted:

I assume his pet is a rabid raccoon.

There's a non-zero chance his pet is a delusion

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

RadioPassive posted:

no need for such a crazy end, he'll go back to being stupid and poor as soon as the rest of his inheritance dries up and he has to start fireselling all the useless poo poo he bought

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Again, I think this is classic bipolar disorder mania. It's like when Kanye West, who famously suffers from that condition, goes to Jackson Hole and creates an entire new album from scratch in a week, except this guy doesn't have the resources to pull off something like that so he's just manic about all the awesome things he wants to do. Look for him to disappear from Facebook completely in a couple of weeks when he hits the depressive part of the cycle.

Even the buying cycle, where something appeals to you and you just dive in 1000% immediately and buy EVERYTHING, is spot on. My mom had bipolar disorder and would do the exact same sort of thing.

Mom: I was at the bakery today and they have this bread, it's the most incredible bread you've ever had, it's just unbelievable, I bought 12 loaves of it here take one it's so good, you've never had bread like this before

Mom: I had this GREAT idea that we're gonna have a SOLAR HEATED POOL in the back yard and it's just going to be the best, it'll be amazing, so I've already bought 4000 dollars worth of solar heating tubes on the credit card and they're in the back of the van right now!!!

Mom: I was in the subway today and this guy with a cart was selling these INCREDIBLE pencil sharpeners shaped like ducks and I just LOVE them all and what we're going to do is set up a boutique of our own so I bought his entire stock! I've got 400 of them in the van right now!!!

Evr L Lc: I got the idea to race electric motorcycles and I bought FOUR of them and FOUR MORE FOR PARTS and I'm going to create an ELECTRIC RACING LEAGUE and build ELECTRIC SIDECAR RIGS and we're gonna be even better than AHRMA and this is gonna be so good everyone will want to get in on it and I can't believe you aren't 1000% behind this like I am, man, it's the best loving idea I've ever had, anyone has ever had, oh AND I'm making an album of songs about motorcycle racing AND an e-sports league AND...

Like the only other thing that does this to you is cocaine or meth and he doesn't have a nosebleed or holes in his face so I literally can't see how it's anything else.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 1, 2021

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Slavvy posted:

lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

Holy lmao

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Apropos of nothing, our province has been on slowly-easing-lockdown since November. We're trying to be very good about not going over to see my parents, since my wife works in a public-facing job and I work in a shop with more than a few people who don't get the whole "communicable disease" idea, and my mom is p vulnerable to such as respiratory viruses. But my bike is parked at their garage for the winter and i haven't seen it in four goddamned months I miss my friggin bike

At least I can do zoom meetings with my folks

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Make them take the iPad or whatever out by the bike during zoom meetings

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Evr L Lc has truly given us a bounty of thread titles

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Who could've known that funny thread titles were my calling all along...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Gonna play devil's advocate again: Dominion or Death would be a pretty sick thing to stencil spraypaint on a rhino-lined naked gixxer

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

GRIM DEATH

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

all serious racing programs communicate with their venue partners via facebook messenger

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

After careful co*snicker*consideration

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Seriously, what is the pet?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It's increasingly likely that it only exists in his mind

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The pet that he left there to live as a stray animal outdoors on race track grounds for 2 weeks

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FBS posted:

all serious racing programs communicate with their venue partners via facebook messenger

you might be surprised

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Is the pet the energicas that he converted to three wheelers?

Possibly he was picking up the parts that fell off.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Horse Clocks posted:

Is the pet the energicas that he converted to three wheelers?

Possibly he was picking up the parts that fell off.

Given the shadyness of his description of events I think it's this.

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

So in other drama I got into it with the CEO of Lightning last night on a Facebook rant. He threw accusations around about us trying to destroy him and his company and said he was on a 60 day lead time for delivering his (Premium) Carbon Edition Strike motorcycles. I know for a fact that local owner, Jeff, got an under-specced bike he paid full price for in December of 2019 and has been unable to get made whole. Further, Jeff told me Lightning has been ignoring his emails. Jeff is very much a private person and doesn't go for confrontation much, but this is how the night ended.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
all this has taught me that my current stance on electric anything is the correct one. wait for the real vehicle manufacturers to start making them and gently caress all these circus companies (tesla included)

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

You're in luck

https://twitter.com/JoseM_SGP/status/1366646288280870918?s=20

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
That actually owns. It'd be great to have an industry standard for swappable batteries especially backed by a deep pocketed and established manufacturers like Honda and Yamaha. Not so much you KTM and Piaggio.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, when we can have Hondas and Yamahas with battery packs that can swap like power tools, I'll be all over an electric dirt bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

loving finally the big players are waking up and starting to move.