Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

About the finish the BP this week too, not sure if I should buy the $10 pass. I’ll be pulling for Hu Tao and should get her (45ish pulls in, 30 saves, and I pulled an off banner character already). If I did, what weapon should I get? I could get Razor’s weapon to R1, or a polearm for Hu Tao. I also have prototypes: sword x2, bow x1, catalyst x2, polearm x2.

Hu Tao would want either Deathmatch or White Tassel. Deathmatch is a nice consistent option while R5 White Tassel is better when normal attacking and drops off hard when charge attacking. none of the craftables are suited for her, Favonius definitely doesn't come close to other options. Dragon's Bane is probably too hurt by low refine to compete, even in best cases it's weaker but offers a big vape damage boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Got Hu Tao on my 4th pull, now to find a weapon for her somewhere.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It has begun:

https://twitter.com/kurapiart/status/1366697928081870851?s=20

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Been sitting on 76 pulls for ages now, got Hu on my third pull. My triple-A fire user, time to make a new team!

How is deathmatch for her?

e: c2 XQ to go with it, fitting!

ee: oh no, time to grind the new boss I guess

valuum fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 2, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hu Tao's song's gonna get annoying as hell very quickly.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Is Hu Tao a good dps? What is her role coming out to be?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is Hu Tao a good dps? What is her role coming out to be?

She has a stance that boosts her attack and a burst that’s a big nuke/self-heal, she’s gonna be a carry.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Everyone's a carry if you try hard and believe in yourself.

But, she's actually a carry.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
From what I've seen she doesn't look ganyu levels of busted but she does good damage. Of course you have to deal with her skill downtime and hp drain. Good idea to have a shield bot I'd imagine.

I already have klee so not too interested. But gonna do some pulls anyway for the 4 stars. Still 50ish away from soft pity so we'll see what happens I guess.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Other things equal, is there a specific use case for either a sword or a polearm weapon? Claymores break rocks and shields and stagger things, catalysts are ranged elemental, bows are long-range phys/elemental, swords and polearms just seem like standard melee AAs. Reason I ask is my initial reason for not pulling Hu Tao was "I already have a pyro polearm C5 character," but Xiangling is really either a phys carry or a pyro support and the weapon type only matters insofar as I either have a good polearm lying around for a new character or I don't. I think "I already have every other non-Diluc Pyro character and all of the ones worth using are respectably geared" is probably a better reason not to pull since the waifu bug isn't biting this time around.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I like how Hu Tao's playstyle is vaguely reminiscent of her general character theme. She ping pongs her own HP and walks between life and death in her own gameplay.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

I'm really tempted to get Hu Tao. I should have enough wishes saved up to get her as my next 5* pity and I randomly pulled the Vortex Vanquisher a long time ago which should be a good weapon for her, but I already have Diluc, Klee, and C6 Xiangling. I don't need another pyro carry!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

kater posted:

Bolide is bis on every character just run it on every character

take it from ol vapors, the key to success in this game 1.) get zhongli's HP to 40-45k 2.) bolide on everyone 3.) murder everything and you can never die

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

zgrowler2 posted:

Other things equal, is there a specific use case for either a sword or a polearm weapon? Claymores break rocks and shields and stagger things, catalysts are ranged elemental, bows are long-range phys/elemental, swords and polearms just seem like standard melee AAs. Reason I ask is my initial reason for not pulling Hu Tao was "I already have a pyro polearm C5 character," but Xiangling is really either a phys carry or a pyro support and the weapon type only matters insofar as I either have a good polearm lying around for a new character or I don't. I think "I already have every other non-Diluc Pyro character and all of the ones worth using are respectably geared" is probably a better reason not to pull since the waifu bug isn't biting this time around.

There's not really a reason to specifically bring a sword or polearm user, no. Every sword/polearm user is pretty much defined by their kit rather than the weapon they use. It does look like, generally, swords have medium speed attack chains with wider arcs, while polearms hit quickly and with longer reach. Although, Xiao bucked that trend and it looks like Hu Tao does too.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
swords are the best weapon type for cutting down bushes. i wish this was a joke.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i prefer spears to cut down stuff like that or knock fruit out of trees. there doesn't seem to be a significant difference in how well swords work when they're otherwise obviously slower.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lol just realized this banner has two Pyro polearms

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

swords are the best weapon type for cutting down bushes. i wish this was a joke.

keep them bushes trimmed :wink:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know if Im going to pull for hutao but I did a 10 pull on the weapon banner to see if I luck out on her spear, instead I got C6 Fish

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Looking forward to pulling only Xianglings from this banner to go with my C12 Xinyan

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

gandlethorpe posted:

Looking forward to pulling only Xianglings from this banner to go with my C12 Xinyan

Yup, my only C6s are Xingqiu and Xiangling so hard pass on this one. It helps that Hu Tao doesn't interest me, character or mechanics.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ok, it's been said before but Geo traveler is legit. Her E is annoying but does good damage and regenerates a lot of energy when you need it and her Q does crazy damage and will proc favonious sword even with bad crit rate. I think she's a really good inclusion for a 3 geo team (in my case, Noelle/Albedo/Traveler).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I have a love-hate relationship with Geo MC, but yeah he's been stapled to my B-team since 1.2

Any time I accidentally climb a rock or get caught on the invisible edges of his burst, I just remember the 17k E's and all the energy he feeds Zhongli.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
If there was ever any doubt that you should never pull for 5* constellations, please enjoy this video of Tenha slowly losing his mind as he hits hard pity and offbanners all the way to C6

it's like watching a slow motion car accident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etFA8bBXIcQ

e: he starts out with $1400 in primogems and runs out at C5 lol. fight the brainworms, friends

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 2, 2021

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
When does the banner go live for the US?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sexual Aluminum posted:

When does the banner go live for the US?

6 PM. wth, what a time.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

zgrowler2 posted:

same

now that I have solved Crab, Ham is my new bottleneck. Is there a better lazy grind for it than Springvale meat merchant + meat expeditions + processing? I'm too cheap to buy it on top of crab

It's funny how people seem to go through the same sequence of bottlenecks. Mine was also crab followed by raw meat, but I've finally moved beyond that after sending Bennet on the meat expedition every single day.

Now I don't really have many clear food bottlenecks.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

LOL I got Hu Tao in 5 pulls.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The HP hit of her skill feels pretty harsh, at least initially, to the point I don't think she feels that fun to play compared to some other characters. Maybe you have to really invest in her to get something good out of her but right now the risk/reward is mostly risk with barely any reward.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Well my luck finally ran out. After zhongli, albedo, and ganyu, I finally got an off banner 5 star.

C1 mona.

To add insult to injury mona is the only standard banner 5 star I've gotten so far. It was such an unlikely thing to happen.

Also got c6 xingqui and xiangling... And then some, like c7 each. No chongyun, I have yet to pull him, good thing I selected him during the lantern rite.

And with an off banner sucrose I now have every 4 star (and a non traveler anemo!). A very very mixed bag.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Finally some luck on a limited banner.

30 pulls got me Hu Tao, Xiangling c4, Xinqiu c2.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

figured I'd roll to get xiangling's last constellation and ended up rolling her twice in a single 10 roll and hu tao on top of that

was actually hoping to lose the 50/50 to set up pity for later but oh well. it's my fault for rolling instead of just buying c6 from the shop later

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Well that's the best 10 pull I've ever had.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I pulled 10 and got two Xingling. I started an Asia account to play with a friend, I've got a C1 Xingling on there too. I cannot get away from this girl, she was my first champion pull, to boot.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

funkymonks posted:

Well that's the best 10 pull I've ever had.

:eyepop:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RealFoxy posted:

I pulled 10 and got two Xingling. I started an Asia account to play with a friend, I've got a C1 Xingling on there too. I cannot get away from this girl, she was my first champion pull, to boot.
She's a fantastic character (especially if you have favonious lance refines). Only really pops off at C4 though.

Stare-Out posted:

The HP hit of her skill feels pretty harsh, at least initially, to the point I don't think she feels that fun to play compared to some other characters. Maybe you have to really invest in her to get something good out of her but right now the risk/reward is mostly risk with barely any reward.
For what it's worth, she has Albedo's defense values and more HP than Zhong Li + you build HP on her so half health for her is probably safer than full health for most characters.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 3, 2021

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hu Tao is a charge spammer so take that into consideration if you want to pull for her

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Did a bunch of pulls and didn't get Hu Tao but DID manage to get C5 Chongyun and C3 XQ, so it's not a complete loss. Might try to at least hit pity before her banner ends. Boyfriend's really sad though bc he got her really quickly, lol. Thaaaaaaat's gacha

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Is Hu Tao a good Crescent Pike user? Seems like she has an easy time triggering the echo damage at will, but I'm not sure if the %Physical damage gets added in before the conversion to fire damage or if it just gets ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
It gets ignored. For F2P options, White Tassel may not a bad choice due to its good substat.