Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Congratulations on your horse girl gacha themed wedding bovis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Congrats!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Still good

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Congrats bovis! Welcome to married life. Enjoy the honeymoon!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Walla posted:

On Switch? I may have to purchase this if it's available digitally.

Yup, it's here.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption-switch/

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Great, thanks! It's on the list.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

First ramen in my "restaurant-style bowl"

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i'm wandering around osaka in persona 5 strikers and i look in a takoyaki stand and there's a fully animated dude flipping and tending to the takoyaki. it doesn't seem to be recycled from anywhere, they just made a happy takoyaki dude. he could have just as easily had a stock animation like the skewer guy next door, but someone really wanted that takoyaki guy doin his thing.

love that guy.

e: that's a nice rear end bowl of ramen

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 3, 2021

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

help my stupid idiot brain only wants to play games that aren't out yet and any other game i try to play in the meantime it absolutely refuses to enjoy

i am so bored

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kerrzhe posted:

help my stupid idiot brain only wants to play games that aren't out yet and any other game i try to play in the meantime it absolutely refuses to enjoy

i am so bored

Vanquish

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

i am so bored
i suggest a little game, about training and racing horse girls

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Kerrzhe posted:

i am so bored

My solution to this is to install and uninstall random games that I enjoyed a while ago, but don't have the oomph to play now. It doesn't work.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

i am so bored

Watch some speedruns or longplays of stuff until your brain thinks of something you have that you feel you might actually play

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

"Boss, we're running low on water. If we don't secure more soon, people are going to start dying. Please, consider cutting down on the petting zoo"

"Absolutely not"

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

What was some games with world maps that are actually spheres?

The planets in Starliink

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

"Boss, we're running low on water. If we don't secure more soon, people are going to start dying. Please, consider cutting down on the petting zoo"

"Absolutely not"

the tiger king of metal gear

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

ymgve posted:

Maquette review: It's okay-ish. The story is really meh, it's just about this couple that falls in love then falls out of love, which changes from saccharine to grating. The puzzles aren't all that either, half of them are variations of "make things bigger or smaller so they fit", it's not until the very last level that the recursive nature of the level is actually used in clever ways. But the game is really pretty. Not sure it's worth the full price, but if you got a PS5 you can get it for free with PS+ so give it a spin. Or just wait for a discount.

it was grating the entire time they were both so insufferable I hated them the whole time but they are living in SF so them being useless idiots just makes sense.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

FirstAidKite posted:

What was some games with world maps that are actually spheres?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO1N_gehg-M

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ymgve posted:

Maquette review: It's okay-ish. The story is really meh, it's just about this couple that falls in love then falls out of love, which changes from saccharine to grating. The puzzles aren't all that either, half of them are variations of "make things bigger or smaller so they fit", it's not until the very last level that the recursive nature of the level is actually used in clever ways. But the game is really pretty. Not sure it's worth the full price, but if you got a PS5 you can get it for free with PS+ so give it a spin. Or just wait for a discount.

This is bumming me out, I was super excite for this.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kerrzhe posted:

i am so bored

Perhaps take some time with another hobby to "reset?"

One that is unrelated to gaming, but for which games can be generative, perhaps

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Posting about video games is better than playing video games

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Kerrzhe posted:

i am so bored

was feeling similarly last night and it ended in a 90 minute long wikipedia dive into the Myst games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played Dark Souls last night. Knocked off the Four Kings (really quickly thanks to a lightning sword and the bloodborne strat of being up in their grill and just wailing on them) then the Ceaseless Discharge and now I am wandering around what I think is the most gorgeous environment in game with all the lava everywhere and being freaked out by the millipede dudes with my Great Club +13.

I have decided, every Tuesday, Friday and some of Sunday will be souls day because I really enjoy DS1 and knowing I still have two more games to play is a great feeling :3:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't believe someone just called Lost Izalith "the most gorgeous environment in the game"

I think I've discovered the secret to VG's endless positivity: he's a space alien

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I've played an hour or so more of FF X and the dialogue almost feels really stilted and strange but I'm somehow into it. Definitely intrigued to see where this goes!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FFX was in the weird transition era where fully-voiced games were just beginning to be the norm, but there wasn't really a talent pool built up of voice actors and voice directors with experience in voicing video games. FFX actually has a pretty talented cast (Rikku and Wakka are both pretty prominent VAs in cartoons, off the top of my head) so I'm inclined to blame it on a combination of iffy directing and technical limitations: the game would crash if the english voice line wasn't identical in length to the japanese line, because Square didn't think their cutscene engine through. So a lot of lines are weirdly rushed or weirdly drawn out to make it work.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't believe someone just called Lost Izalith "the most gorgeous environment in the game"

I think I've discovered the secret to VG's endless positivity: he's a space alien

Hahah, but it is! All the cool architecture with the pulsing lava so rich and orange, it just looks fantastic! :D

Also that item you could pick up off the side just before you get to the big firey asylum demon, I thought was a trap because of the weird millipede thing next to it, so I completely avoided it because no way were they going to trick me into picking it up, but I did eventually after being encouraged to do so and it turned out to be just an item. I think it would have been an awesome trap :)

It is funny that the capra demons everywhere now go down in one hit.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh you're still in Demon Ruins, which looks fine. The lava is still too bloom-y but it's the next zone that looks horrendous

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bovis posted:

I've played an hour or so more of FF X and the dialogue almost feels really stilted and strange but I'm somehow into it. Definitely intrigued to see where this goes!
i just hope you end up having the correct opinion about the laughing scene *cracks knuckles*

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
laughing scene is the lost izalith of final fantasy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

Oh you're still in Demon Ruins, which looks fine. The lava is still too bloom-y but it's the next zone that looks horrendous

Ooooh not there yet? I knew I was going to Lost Izalith, that is what the other goons said on stream. I have done the four Kings, Seath and I think I have two more. I think. No idea who they are. I think in terms of total bosses I have beaten there are:

Asylum Demon.
Butterfly Lady.
Taurus Demon.
Gaping Dragon.
Capra Demon
Gargoyles of the Bells.
Sif.
Four Kings.
Ceaseless Discharge
Asylum Demon ++
Iron Golem.
Pond Hydra.
Smough and Ornstein.
Seath.

I have no idea how far I am in the game, but I feel accomplished :) Still tremendously proud that I got past the Anor Londo archers on my second attempt and I only messed up the first because I accidentally jumped off.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Rogue Galaxy was built on top of Dark Cloud 2, right? (playing the latter atm) Because the controls feel similar and the menus identical.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lost Planet 1 was not a great game but what the hell Lost Planet 2???

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
*comes crashing into the thread*

Congrats on your Doki Doki Literature Club themed wedding bovis!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Barudak posted:

Lost Planet 1 was not a great game but what the hell Lost Planet 2???
lost planet 1 is the best successor to arcade shooters in the vein of bionic commando that we ever got, and lost planet 2, takes that and turns it into monster hunter

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I wouldn't think you've actually played either of the games based on that description

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

not sure which part of it is supposed to be wrong. lp1 level design is aggressively linear, to the point that they're practically side scroller levels given a third dimension, and encounters often evoke shooting gallery style arcade games, the flyers sometimes appear in straight up galaga patterns. t-eng is a mechanic straight out of an arcade game also, a conflation of life, time limit, and score. theres also a decent amount of movement tech that elevates it beyond just being a third person shooter, and puts it more inline with an arcade action game

lp2 steps away from being just 3d contra, to recontextualize lp1's mechanics into a game that is richly and obscenely multiplayer, it luxuriates in how diverse the roles that players can fill in the same game can be. weapons and skills that drop totally randomly in lootboxes out of a gigantic pool and then immediately forcing you to piece them together into tight loadouts that distinguish players from each other right off the bat. entire levels designed around the concept of having 4 players that very few games even attempt to do, like the train level. the VS merge system that's all about forcing players to cooperate with each other. and yeah, huge complex boss fights against occasionally monster hunter-esque giant monsters

theyre, extremely good games. and then lp3 came out,

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the train level in capcom's lost planet 2, i should mention, is literally just a more complicated version of the jhen mohran fight from capcom's monster hunter 3

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RcuM1Pa5xMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjBA6p1zunw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
One of my fondest memories of Lost Planet 2 was telling my friend that the power-suit (the armor that you can find in some levels that makes you immune to flinching) protected you against the blob monsters' instant-kill attack. It was a complete, hollow lie and I stole the suit from his corpse while he was still being devoured.

Did that game ever get rescued from Games for Windows Live?