Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Treasurer

:siren: Last minute offer for houses Pinchay and Cyfoeth :siren:

We are willing to offer 6 coins in exchange for 3 powers on nay, to the first comer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

scavy131 posted:

This particular flute issue just finds our house with a distinctly indifferent feeling about it. Hold a depression concert? Don't? Eh. :effort:

Blastinus posted:

Senator

Most art already makes me depressed due to the lowest-common denominator pandering, so I don't know if this will make a difference in my case. Besides, it is commonly known what the effects will be of this concert, so buyer beware, I say. If you don't want to be enchanted by its effects, just don't attend.

Maybe some coins will cheer some of you up?

Covski posted:

Treasurer

We are willing to offer 6 coins in exchange for 3 powers on nay, to the first comer!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Senator

Ignore the siren song of gold, the flute MUST be played. Like a melody being sung behind a locked door you can hear it's tune but can't make out the words. Is it a song or a scream? I crave answers, it cant be a coincidence that we find this after seeing the truth. A sign. A command. I cant make out the WORDS.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Quackles posted:

I mean, it's not a guess, but that's otherwise accurate.

That'd be really cool! Then it'll be House Pinchay's turn.

(The above isn't sarcasm. I'm a generally-more-information-out-on-the-table type of person by default, so I'm personally OK with that. If House Pinchay does want to chime in, then I'd be super curious as to whether my prediction of Gambol's agenda was correct or not.)

Its fine that you think that there should be more information out on the table, but you are deciding that for everyone with these posts. Especially since you yourself are admitting that you aren't even guessing, but just revealing 'hidden' information. I also really like how you edited my post in your reply to exclude the part where I specifically asked you to stop.

I know we covered this earlier, and there is nothing in the rules about revealing all the information about hidden agendas one has, but c'mon! They are literally called 'hidden agendas'. If you want to reveal your houses hidden agenda every time, that's you own choice to make. But telling other houses information when you have perfect knowledge and aren't making guesses is over the line.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

The following post is not necessarily representative of the opinions of the management of House Cyfoeth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBSFHN8zcow

e: as for the above, I see it as a counterbalance to being in the lead; you lack the power to keep your agenda hidden. Deal with it.

Sighence fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 3, 2021

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Sighence posted:

e: as for the above, I see it as a counterbalance to being in the lead; you lack the power to keep your agenda hidden. Deal with it.

That's fine, so to clarify we can just share 5th pick's agenda to the rest of the Houses every time we pick 4th then? I suspect we'll be picking 4th next reign given Cyfoeth's insistence on making sure Gambol gets whatever it wants at all times.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 3, 2021

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

That's fine, so to clarify we can just share 5th pick's agenda to the rest of the Houses every time we pick 4th then? I suspect we'll be picking 4th next reign given Cyfoeth's insistence on making sure Gambol gets whatever it wants at all times.

Please do.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Bellmaker posted:

That's fine, so to clarify we can just share 5th pick's agenda to the rest of the Houses every time we pick 4th then?
Gambol hasn't pantsed Daucus, and would prefer the other lords not discover we're going commando.

Bellmaker posted:

given Cyfoeth's insistence on making sure Gambol gets whatever it wants at all times
We're lively, make deals, and interact with the other Houses - tends to go okay for us.

But hey, you're the House that's about to complete an achievement!

C... fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 3, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bellmaker posted:

Gambol
Nothing is preventing it. To be fair, nothing is preventing lying about it.

We were third to pick this reign and we have a decent idea on who has what before Daucus report, by now everyone's preferred agenda is fairly clear.

Lastly, it's opportunist. With how we've been playing as a group if it's in the pool it'll go to last pick for a while.

E: although if Gambol were to be 4th pick we'd probably not declare what last pick got. There's value in hidden information.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
:vince:

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Covski posted:

Treasurer

Senator

Our current treasurer appears to be occupied, so unless he chimes in within the next few minutes with a vehement denial, we accept this deal.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Inadequately posted:

Senator

Our current treasurer appears to be occupied, so unless he chimes in within the next few minutes with a vehement denial, we accept this deal.

(Conditionally) Witnessed!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Inadequately posted:

Senator

Thank you. To be clear, we are okay with you bidding more than 3 power if you wish.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of King Cleon I, Dilemma 3, Resolution

A clarification on Conditional Votes: it is ok to express your vote with a condition, as long as it's something related to pulic knowledge (IE: it's ok to say "if the deal we have proposed is accepted, vote X, otherwise vote Y". It is not ok to say "if another House votes X, we vote Y", since the vote is secret until the update is released).

Vote Results posted:

Votes Nay, spends 3 Power (current: 9), gains 6 Coins (current: 17).
Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 17

Votes Aye, bets 5 Power (current: 5), gains 0 Coins (current: 0).
Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 6). Remaining Coins: 0

Votes Pass and become Moderator, gains 0 Power (current: 9), spends 3 Coins (current: 11).
Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 3). Remaining Coins: 10

Votes Pass and become Moderator, gains 0 Power (current: 9), bets 1 Coins (current: 12).
Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 11

Votes Nay, spends 6 Power (current: 2), spends 6 Coins (current: 5).
Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 5

The Doom Flute remains un-tooted.

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 17 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: -

No changes.
Imagine a Ruler dying because of the Doom Flute. A shameful Ruler.

Reign of King Cleon I, Dilemma 4

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Slaan (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: C...
- Treasurer/Navigator: LPFinale

- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Oblivion4568238 (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Covski
- Treasurer/Negotiator: megane

Dilemma4 posted:

Stakes:

Active Event(s)

:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.
:siren::siren::siren:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 3, 2021

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Senator

I really cannot believe how willing House Gambol was to subject our nation to this threat. Although it ended up being unnecessary in the end, we are grateful for House Pinchay's support.

Anyways, this calls for celebration, beverages, and a concert that doesn't cause existential depression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0vFid2tKbI

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 3, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Gambol senator

Spoilsports. It would have been amazing.

On the other hand, Lethe actually spent power, somebody check the Popess's health.

EDIT:

I don't think I appreciated this enough (or at all).
LPFinale, you want an avatar?
E2: drat, it would be poo poo at avatar size though.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 3, 2021

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Senator

Well, this doesn't seem like a difficult choice. Let's all drink milk and get blitzed. Everyone's happy, except the folks who don't like the taste of milk.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

E2: drat, it would be poo poo at avatar size though.

EDIT: This should be a bit more readable. Still a bit small unfortunately.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 3, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Foreman

Aye! What's better after a long day of watching others do your work than downing a keg of booze with your mates?

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

:perfect:

Senator

If the people wish to drink white russians skarams, who are we to deny them?

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

Since it seems pretty clear that our soldiers are going to be consuming of this beverage whether or not we're the ones purchasing it it does make sense that the flow of imported alcohols should go through the guild, for quality control purposes first but also so we can stop soldiers wages, and consequently the wages of the crown, from flowing past our borders into another country.

Besides, what could liven up a good feast like some exotic imported alcohols to really turn a dinnerparty into a dinnerparty?

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

scavy131 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

Besides, what could liven up a good feast like some exotic imported alcohols to really turn a dinnerparty into a dinnerparty?

Maybe some horrible music, to make all the guests hate their lives and feel terrible? Just us? Oh well.
Charlie Browns away

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

So a certain House was bummed out that they didn't get to see the other outcome for the previous Dilemma, so I'll break the rules once more and I'll post it.

Spoiler warning, ofc.

EDIT: also for some reason I forgot to add +1 Coint to the Houses that have passed for Mod :v: fixing it now!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 3, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Oh, what could have been.
(click that spoiler seriously)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Smh Doom should have tooted

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

In the interests of seeing this matter of imported alcohols come to an amicable end, a deal:

Proposed:
House Cyfoeth offers 3 Coins in exchange for a commitment of at least 2 power towards Aye.
This offer is available only to the first house who accepts, but the offer is open to all houses.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Senator

"What was that? Speak up, I cannot hear you!'

(sorry for missing out, things got busy.)

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Sitting councilmember

Eh, spending the treasury on importing beverages which will only serve to distract the populace from serving the Mother doesn't seem too appealing to me. I know we usually stand alone in caring for the well-being of the common folk (for example, not tormenting them with depression toots for "science"), but this does not seem to be the correct way.

Blessed be the Mother.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Treasurer
Overindulging in drink is a sin, of course, and we've had some reports of soldiers who sampled this beverage becoming quite unruly, but Myhir and Lyria encourage us to celebrate and enjoy ourselves in moderation. I'm not sure which option would be best here.

We spent almost all of our power last round, anyway.

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Senator

I am not a teetotaler. In fact, many Olwyn lands are devoted to vineyards. But I do have my concerns...

Perhaps you have heard the old, heretical myths of The Oracles. Women who supposedly saw visions of the future. Nowadays our modern medicine here in Olwyn has come to the conclusion that these women were basically just drugged out of their minds in order to have these so called visions.

Mixing herbs into milk and that causing an affect on the body is very different than our scientific understanding of fermented drink. I worry about the medical affects of us allowing this into our lands.

Also, let's be honest, the fact that our border guards are getting poo poo pissed from this drink is also a massive concern for me. I genuinely support Nay with all my heart.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

eliasswift posted:

Senator

I am not a teetotaler. In fact, many Olwyn lands are devoted to vineyards. But I do have my concerns...

Perhaps you have heard the old, heretical myths of The Oracles. Women who supposedly saw visions of the future. Nowadays our modern medicine here in Olwyn has come to the conclusion that these women were basically just drugged out of their minds in order to have these so called visions.

Mixing herbs into milk and that causing an affect on the body is very different than our scientific understanding of fermented drink. I worry about the medical affects of us allowing this into our lands.

Also, let's be honest, the fact that our border guards are getting poo poo pissed from this drink is also a massive concern for me. I genuinely support Nay with all my heart.

Senator

I'm sure Grandalt will wander in here and complain that our soldiers aren't what they used to be, and there may be a case to that point! [ooc]notices the Influence marker is last YET AGAIN[/ooc]

As our treasurer noted, Myhir and Lyria encourage us to celebrate and enjoy ourselves in moderation. Surely all of us have underestimated how strong our first drink was back in the day? I'm sure our younger soldiers will consider this a learning experience.

And as a second point, now granted I'm not the best at science, but alcohol tends to prevent illness. Especially versus drinking plain water/milk, which could end up tainted in a variety of ways. I think you are overreacting a bit here by jumping to the conclusion it's inherently more harmful than other drinks.

But if you DO feel that strongly about it, you have the solution in your hands. It's the same one as the one House Lethe used the last time we faced a dilemma that kept us up at night!

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 4, 2021

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Bellmaker posted:

Senator
And as a second point, now granted I'm not the best at science, but alcohol tends to prevent illness. Especially versus drinking plain water/milk, which could end up tainted in a variety of ways. I think you are overreacting a bit here by jumping to the conclusion it's inherently more harmful than other drinks.

That is my concern actually. The reports say "Fermented Milk with Herbs." Now, I have contacted the questionably reliable scholar known as Google to see if fermented milk drinks were a thing. Apparently Kumis is a thing. So maybe my fears were slightly exaggerated, but... I'm still feeling my concerns are valid.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

High Scholar

My fellow Councilmembers, I do understand the points you have made here. A celebration would be nice for having avoided the perils of the doom horn though I'd have much rather celebrated the knowledge of its effects. Of course, some indulgence would hardly have a ruinous effect. However, I have a worry that this new drink would lead to more than "some" indulgence. It comes from outside of our kingdom, and is made with a secret herb, and it could have long term effects on our people that it does not have on the Skarams. We would need to study it deeply before approving of its import.

However, as I said, celebration is still in order. To aid our fellow houses in preparing a celebration that does not require the import of the Skaram Milk, House Daucus will offer 4 coins in exchange for at least 2 Power towards Nay, to the first House to accept it. Furthermore, to keep the party going, House Dauce will offer 3 coins in exchange for at least 2 Power towards Nay, for the second House to accept it. These hot offers won't last, and the offer that's hotter than Cyfoeth's will be gone first, so act now!

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Bellmaker posted:

Senator

I'm sure Grandalt will wander in here and complain that our soldiers aren't what they used to be, and there may be a case to that point! [ooc]notices the Influence marker is last YET AGAIN[/ooc]

As our treasurer noted, Myhir and Lyria encourage us to celebrate and enjoy ourselves in moderation. Surely all of us have underestimated how strong our first drink was back in the day? I'm sure our younger soldiers will consider this a learning experience.

But if you DO feel that strongly about it, you have the solution in your hands. It's the same one as the one House Lethe used the last time we faced a dilemma that kept us up at night!

Senator

The monocled noble does indeed wander in. "I heard someone mention my name! And that our folders aren't what they used to be, and they would be right! Look at these folders, so flimsy."

He stacks a few folders together and then pours a drink on them.

"See, they just fall apart, back in my day when King Harold was in charge, the drinks back then couldn't put a stain on the folders. And that is why we need more battling rams."

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

My Lords seem to forget, it seems clear that regardless of our decision made here the soldiers will continue to purchase this exotic drink, we are deciding whether we'll improve the morale of the people by providing them a safe and official source for this drink instead, or by refusing see the coffers drain due to lack of trade and the fact our soldiers are still going to be buying booze but now money is leaving the kingdom.

If we're worried about the safety and nature of the Skaramish drink then surely it would benefit to have the only regular source be one that the Guild controls, and can subsequently be restricted, instead of sources coming over the border at the hands of any foreign trader.

The Skaramish drink isn't going to disappear it is simply up to us whether we'll use or squander the opportunity it presents.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Foreman

House Pinchay will need a better offer than what is currently on the table to commit to a vote. Official trade or unofficial trade, either way our workers (and my Noble belly) will get their milk booze.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

scavy131 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

My Lords seem to forget, it seems clear that regardless of our decision made here the soldiers will continue to purchase this exotic drink, we are deciding whether we'll improve the morale of the people by providing them a safe and official source for this drink instead, or by refusing see the coffers drain due to lack of trade and the fact our soldiers are still going to be buying booze but now money is leaving the kingdom.

If we're worried about the safety and nature of the Skaramish drink then surely it would benefit to have the only regular source be one that the Guild controls, and can subsequently be restricted, instead of sources coming over the border at the hands of any foreign trader.

The Skaramish drink isn't going to disappear it is simply up to us whether we'll use or squander the opportunity it presents.

A valid point, but now all I can think about is SPRING BREAK ANKIST

C...
Jan 22, 2008

eliasswift posted:

Senator

You threaten me with a good time, sir! If only every dilemma was about a fun new way to get toasted.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Slaan posted:

Foreman

House Pinchay will need a better offer than what is currently on the table to commit to a vote. Official trade or unofficial trade, either way our workers (and my Noble belly) will get their milk booze.

should be all the offer you need, and we're willing to pay you to do it on top of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Slaan posted:

Foreman

Would you be interested in a slightly heftier deal?

House Cyfoeth revises their offer to the following: House Cyfoeth will pay 5 coins to the first house agreeing to commit at least 3 power to Aye.