Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Vince MechMahon posted:

When iron Man pisses his pants it's someone's favorite scene. When I do it, I'm "not allowed at Thanksgiving anymore."

that's a privilege only billionaire playboy philanthropists enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The best part about that scene is that the crowd goes loving nuts and cheers for Iron Man pissing himself

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jiro posted:

Did you ever insist to her to never show you the Potter movies past the third one? If so good on you.

No, but I did convince her to include RiffTrax for most of them.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I can’t untangle my memories of Iron Man 2 from those of the trailer. Pepper kissing the helmet before throwing it out of the plane, and the Iron Man/War Machine side by side are super memorable, and it’s nuts the former didn’t even end up in the final movie.

Makes me think of how awesome the leaked convention trailer for IM2 was. After the trailer seemed to end and they showed the logo, they then went to the scene of Hammer trying to sell Rhodey on all his different weapons. Just a full-on minute or so of Hammer going through each and every gun and missile.

"I'll take it."

"Which one?"

"All of them."

Suddenly it cuts to the first footage of War Machine as he shoots the gently caress out of everything in every direction as the audience loses their poo poo.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I know it's been seven years, but I swear that when Thor 2 opened people in the previous version of this thread were going crazy for it. I just remember post after post on opening weekend praising the film.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

I know it's been seven years, but I swear that when Thor 2 opened people in the previous version of this thread were going crazy for it. I just remember post after post on opening weekend praising the film.

Yeah but they’re all dead now.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

JT Smiley posted:

I learned from my mistakes.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but they’re all dead now.

Also this.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Someone must have archives to show it. I think I was the most "meh" on Thor 2.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

The scene where Loki's illusion breaks and you see he's completely devastated that his mother is dead still holds up at least

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I've finished the Mortal Kombat Kut scenes and they were easily better than any of the DCEU and most of the MCU. I loving LOVED how greasy and smug Shang Tsung was in Aftermath oh my god. Thank you for whoever started that derail and thank you to Site for constantly updating with her impressions, because I don't think I would have followed through with the watch if not for those.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

The scene where Loki's illusion breaks and you see he's completely devastated that his mother is dead still holds up at least

All of the Loki scenes hold up, and if it had more of the Thor and Loki odd couple team it would have been better.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Soonmot posted:

I've finished the Mortal Kombat Kut scenes and they were easily better than any of the DCEU and most of the MCU. I loving LOVED how greasy and smug Shang Tsung was in Aftermath oh my god. Thank you for whoever started that derail and thank you to Site for constantly updating with her impressions, because I don't think I would have followed through with the watch if not for those.

You should watch the story modes for the Injuctice games while you're at it. Probably also better than any actual DCEU movie.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Those I actually played

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Superman just ripped that guy’s head off!

“Yeah but at least he was smiling while he did it.”

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Soonmot posted:

Always happy to spread the gospel. Mortal Kombat rules.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

ruddiger posted:

Superman just ripped that guy’s head off!

“Yeah but at least he was smiling while he did it.”
lol at the evil future superman going homelander on everyone at the end of superman and lois

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 3, 2021

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jamesman posted:

The only thing that I didn't really like about Iron Man 2 was it seemed like, for all intents and purposes, Howard Stark was a dick who screwed his partner over, giving the Vankos a legitimate gripe with Stark Industries and going after Tony. It seemed like the plan was to have Tony confront those ideas of who his father was and what he did, the same way Tony had to confront himself in the first movie. Like, the damage caused by Stark Industries ran far deeper than "No more weapons" was addressing.

But then they turned around and went with "No, Anton was a bad guy and your father didn't do anything wrong" so we could have a clear-cut case of villainy with Ivan rather than something a little more nuanced. We could have had Tony accepting the role his father played in being a lovely person and wanting to make things right with Ivan, but Ivan being all "It's too late for that" and have things carry out as they did. Or you could even have had Tony continue to "save" Ivan from himself and his desire for revenge, preventing Ivan from killing himself at the end, resulting in him getting turned over to SHIELD, and that action being what would ultimately have Fury see that Tony Stark was worth having as part of the Avengers, instead of ending Iron Man 2 with "We don't want you." and starting Avengers with "OK, gently caress, we need you." You know, like show us he's a hero by doing heroic stuff instead of showing us he's a hero because he's fighting a villain.

I don't know. I guess this is why I don't get to write movie scripts.

This was exactly my problem with IM2, Whiplash was more sympathetic than anyone else in the film. gently caress the Starks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phylodox posted:

Even by that metric, I think The Dark World is better, then. I remember next to nothing from Iron Man 2 other than, like, memes. "I wont moy bord!" and Sam Rockwell dancing. Even less from Incredible Hulk.

I like Dark World better than most but Iron Man 2 definitely has higher highs. Whiplash's introduction scene is great, and most people's biggest complaint about the movie is that it basically forgets about the character for ages after that, and when he finally comes back he's dressed in yet another knock off Iron Man suit.

Codependent Poster posted:

All of the Loki scenes hold up, and if it had more of the Thor and Loki odd couple team it would have been better.

It's surprising how little of that there is in both sequels. There's a bit more in Ragnarok but just when it seems the entire movie is going to be a wacky team-up between the two of them, they get separated again, and even on Junk Planet they're not together for most of it.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 3, 2021

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Jamesman posted:

The only thing that I didn't really like about Iron Man 2 was it seemed like, for all intents and purposes, Howard Stark was a dick who screwed his partner over, giving the Vankos a legitimate gripe with Stark Industries and going after Tony. It seemed like the plan was to have Tony confront those ideas of who his father was and what he did, the same way Tony had to confront himself in the first movie. Like, the damage caused by Stark Industries ran far deeper than "No more weapons" was addressing.

But then they turned around and went with "No, Anton was a bad guy and your father didn't do anything wrong" so we could have a clear-cut case of villainy with Ivan rather than something a little more nuanced. We could have had Tony accepting the role his father played in being a lovely person and wanting to make things right with Ivan, but Ivan being all "It's too late for that" and have things carry out as they did. Or you could even have had Tony continue to "save" Ivan from himself and his desire for revenge, preventing Ivan from killing himself at the end, resulting in him getting turned over to SHIELD, and that action being what would ultimately have Fury see that Tony Stark was worth having as part of the Avengers, instead of ending Iron Man 2 with "We don't want you." and starting Avengers with "OK, gently caress, we need you." You know, like show us he's a hero by doing heroic stuff instead of showing us he's a hero because he's fighting a villain.

I don't know. I guess this is why I don't get to write movie scripts.
https://www.overthinkingit.com/2010/05/19/iron-man-2-wagner-fisher-king/

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

It's surprising how little of that there is in both sequels. There's a bit more in Ragnarok but just when it seems the entire movie is going to be a wacky team-up between the two of them, they get separated again, and even on Junk Planet they're not together for most of it.

It was one of the things I was really looking forward to after Ragnarok, before Infinity War shat on it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Yeah, I get that Thanos killing characters in the first act of IW was always going to be an inevitability but it’s kinda bullshit that both Loki and Heimdall bite it. Especially since the former had finally turned a page and been lined up for team-up shenanigans with Thor and the latter could finally be given something to do beyond just opening the Bifrost.

Rewatched Winter Soldier tonight and it remains the absolute best MCU film. There’s just so much to love and all of my complaints are minuscule. I really really hate and will never forgive that Cap was deprived of a proper third movie just so we could have an Avengers 2.5 with a shoehorned “this time the heroes fight EACH OTHER” bullshit plot.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Rewatched Winter Soldier tonight and it remains the absolute best MCU film. There’s just so much to love and all of my complaints are minuscule. I really really hate and will never forgive that Cap was deprived of a proper third movie just so we could have an Avengers 2.5 with a shoehorned “this time the heroes fight EACH OTHER” bullshit plot.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Personally I hope that time travel shenanigans means that the post-Ragnorak version of Loki will be revisited at some point in the Loki series.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It was one of the things I was really looking forward to after Ragnarok, before Infinity War shat on it.

Loki was obviously doomed once he turned face, but even then, this would've been a more or less reformed Loki so the dynamic wouldn't have been as funny.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't really understand where the assumption that Cap 3 was originally going to be Serpent Society came from, considering the fact that they announced that news -- as we can see in that photo there -- in the exact same event where they revealed that it was just a gimmick and that they were actually doing Civil War all along.

Did anyone ever actually come out and say, yeah, Cap 3 was gonna be Serpent Society, and then we changed it to Civil War at the last minute?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BrianWilly posted:

Did anyone ever actually come out and say, yeah, Cap 3 was gonna be Serpent Society, and then we changed it to Civil War at the last minute?

No, it was always a joke (though reusing a development idea as a joke isn't crazy).

The earlier plans were a bit different:

quote:

“There was a period where we did discuss a third act that revolved around the Madbomb from Cap mythology,” Anthony Russo said. “It didn’t have anything to do with Civil War, and if we couldn’t get Downey — in the very, very early conversations before we nailed him — somebody pitched the idea of a third-act that revolved around the Madbomb, which makes people crazy. It almost like zombifies them — but not literally.”

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jamesman posted:

You should watch the story modes for the Injuctice games while you're at it. Probably also better than any actual DCEU movie.

Street Fighter V also has a cinematic story mode!

...it isn't very good.

But they were going to have a second story mode centered around a character whose deal is that he's Earth's avatar (like Kurt Russell is to Ego the Living Planet) in the form of a hobo amalgam of Lincoln/Uncle Sam with gold explosion powers who insists on being known as the President of Earth. God, G rules.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Soonmot posted:

i'm glad other people are watching and enjoying it!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Street Fighter V also has a cinematic story mode!

...it isn't very good.

But they were going to have a second story mode centered around a character whose deal is that he's Earth's avatar (like Kurt Russell is to Ego the Living Planet) in the form of a hobo amalgam of Lincoln/Uncle Sam with gold explosion powers who insists on being known as the President of Earth. God, G rules.

I respectfully disagree that anyone in modern Street Fighter rules.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

How are you besmirch the master of Saikyo-ryu fighting style :mad:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that man has large feet

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

How are you besmirch the master of Saikyo-ryu fighting style :mad:

Dan is a veteran, I`m talking about the jokers from 4 and 5.

site posted:

that man has large feet

Everyone in modern street fighter suffers from localized gigantism, it`s very unfortunate.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unreal Engine 4's default body type is gorilla.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Technically, G is sorta from Street Fighter 3, since he's very obviously some extroverted variation of Q.

Also, Ed is pretty cool just for the development of transforming Balrog into a loving father figure who hides his feelings under greed and toxic masculinity.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Laura's design is great, but gently caress if her move set is kind of blah.

Meant though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Did they give Dan a tiny little stache? :lol:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Laura's design is great,

Oh yeah, there just weren't enough exoticized oversexualized stereotypes of Brazilian women out there. She's right up there with Dee Jay and T. Hawk.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

Oh yeah, there just weren't enough exoticized oversexualized stereotypes of Brazilian women out there. She's right up there with Dee Jay and T. Hawk.
Oof. Yeah I forgot the top is basically titsoutalldayeveryday. My bad

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It’s cool they added a BJJ fighter, though.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Street Fighter's character designs are now and have always been absolutely ludicrous across the board. I love that series, but every aesthetic choice it has ever made has been utterly demented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SlimGoodbody posted:

Street Fighter's character designs are now and have always been absolutely ludicrous across the board. I love that series, but every aesthetic choice it has ever made has been utterly demented.

I still remember people losing their minds at Chun-Li getting an outfit that you would conceivably fight in for Alpha. (People of taste and culture still appreciate it.)