Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Champs Baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

: Hey Mr. Yaya, I got a favor to ask. Can you make Luke Appling the full time SS again - he seems to have gotten over being sore. Sorry for the extra work, hombre. We all appreciate it down here in the Sub-Par. Or should I say, the Subwoofer Par! Check out these 15s! My friend Chico got em for me, cheap. Says they fell off the back of a truck. You want in on this deal?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
If I didn't already, my pick em: champs retain.

Also if somebody is interested the Bombers could tag up with you, we've got a good infield and rotation so if somebody has a bullpen and outfield/catcher it could work!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the senadores de san juan pick 1937 Johnny Mize. Robert Deadford can pick.

please replace George Grantham with Johnny Mize in my lineup and defensively at first base. thank you

and sorry about employing a ten year old yde. I'll go through my csv more carefully if I survive the season

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXX, Week 12: Good Enough

Point/Counterpoint

mks5000 posted:

SMASHER DYNAMO HAS STOLEN THIS SEASON FROM ME

As anyone who has followed the Super-League recently is aware, the Hague Honkbalers are one of the most promising teams in the league, poised to take the next step into title contention.

Or, at least, that is the role that, by all rights, they should be in. Instead, due to the incompetence and spite of Smasher Dynamo, supposedly the impartial commissar of the Super-League, the Honkbalers are trapped in a demotion battle against the Arlen Propane Sellers, a team of no importance that the Honkbalers should be blowing out of the water.

Clearly, Smasher Dynamo has it in for me. And I must ask myself what I have done to deserve his wrath? After all, I think everyone in the Super-League would agree that I am a good guy. I'm not like Pander, or someone like that. Everyone wants me to win the Super-League, because I think we can all agree that I deserve it.

Or, at least, everyone except Smasher Dynamo, who went out of his way to screw my team over. When I submitted my roster, I admit, I didn't include a .csv file. But I included enough information that Smasher Dynamo could have put together an accurate .csv for my team. He should have made the file for me, as opposed to sabotaging my team. Of course, he did not do that, and my team, a good team, is suffering the consequences.

That is, manifestly, unfair. I would like to ask the people of the Super-League to rise up, and demand that Smasher automatically award the Honkbalers an additional 20 wins this season.

Shepard posted:

MKS5000'S WHINING HURTS SMASHER'S REAL VICTIM: ME

No one came into this season expecting the Honkbalers to accomplish anything. That is true of both this season, and every season. The Honkbalers are a career mediocrity. They exist to make the Killer Mikes look better by comparison, and when your lot in life is to make the Killer Mikes of all teams look good, things are not going well for you.

If I may digress for a moment to speak about mks5000 on a personal level, the reality is that mks5000 is a monster. He mangles puppies in his spare time. No one should ever feel sympathy for that man.

Back to the Honkbalers, however, they are not a team that is ever going to go anywhere. If I were mks5000, I would just give up, not just on the Super-League, but on pretty much anything. Maybe he can go return to his true passion: breaking the legs of helpless puppies.

There is, of course, a real victim in all of this madness, and that victim is my team, the Garreg Mach Golden Deer. As a former Super-League Champion, I have already proven that I am an excellent owner, well-versed in team construction. And yet, despite that expert team construction, the Golden Deer are in dead last in their division. I cannot imagine any circumstance where that could possibly be the case other than Smasher Dynamo intentionally interfering with my team to make them lose games.

Smasher Dynamo, while not as much of a monster as noted puppy-mangler mks5000, is still a monster who must be stopped.

tatankatonk posted:

SMASHER DYNAMO HAS IGNORED THE GREATNESS OF THE KILLER MIKES FOR TOO LONG

While others whine about their last place teams, I ask myself: wither the Killer Mikes?

The Killer Mikes are going to win their division yet again. The Doom will not win, just as they have not won a single division title in the last ten seasons. The Propane Sellers and Honkbalers are spent forces. I will admit, it's not as much of a triumph to win this division by default, but it's something I'm willing to accept.

Of course, you would not know that the Killer Mikes are the prohibitive favorites to win their division if your read the Super-League. For many seasons, Smasher Dynamo has systematically deemphasized the Killer Mikes. I will not stand for it, and neither should any of you.

McFreeze posted:

I'm gonna win.

Super-League III... posted:

"Marauder, you shouldn't do this." Smasher said. "Where did you even get a guillotine?"

Marauder made the final preparations, and began to winch the blade up. "A guillotine, in addition to being an efficient killing machine, is also quite easy to construct."

"Be that as it may." Smasher looked at the prone form of Dusseldorf. "I'm against you executing a fellow owner just to gain a tactical advantage!"

"I've heard a rumor that Dusseldorf possesses some sort of object of great power." Marauder, said, continuing to winch up the blade. "Of course, he could just tell me what the object is, and how to retrieve it, and spare himself this death."

"Nah." Dusseldorf said.

"Or," Marauder raised the blade to its highest position, and locked it in place, "Smasher could tell me where the object is, and thus save this poor man's life."

"The Super-League is a place of free will." Smasher said. "If you're willing to kill a man just to win a few more games, that's up to you. I won't interfere."

"You're responsible as well." Marauder said.

"So noted. But I know that, deep down, you're too good a person to-" Smasher said, looking away as Marauder, smirking, pulled the lever releasing the blade, neatly decapitating Dusseldorf. "Huh. I was pretty sure you were bluffing."

Marauder looked at the corpse. "I was not. Now, Smasher, as you going to tell me where what I'm looking for is, or am I really going to have to ransack this poor man's corpse?"

"Marauder, whatever you think you're going to find, it's not for you to have." Smasher said. "I didn't stop you from killing Dusseldorf because I was hoping that you'd see reason, and also because nothing of value was lost when you killed him. But the thing you're looking for, it's not meant for you. Dusseldorf was good at holding it because he had no ambition, he was just an empty shell. But in your hands, I don't know what would happen, but I'm not sure that I really want to find out, either."

"So noted." Marauder said. "Now, where is it?"

"Left eye." Smasher said, shaking his head. "What exactly do you plan on doing?"

"I want to rule this league." Marauder said, steeling himself.

"I don't think any one owner is going to rule the league." Smasher said. "That's just not how it works. Even if you constructed the perfect team, there would be some counter. One team, acting alone, can't cover every angle."

"I'll find a loophole. I always do..." Marauder said, before beginning his grisly work.

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

HANDYBEAVERS OUTLAST WARRIORS 10-9 IN BATTLE OF CANADA

Shadaloo- It was a game not apt to be repeated anytime soon.

In a brutal, 14-inning affair, the Handybeavers, owned by DannoMack, still the only Canadian owner to actually win a game in the Super-League finals, escaped with a 10-9 win, but it wasn't easy.

Granted, in the bottom of the ninth, it looked like the Handybeavers would skate by relatively uneventfully. Holding a 6-4 inning, the Handybeavers got a quick out as Bruce Sutter erased Wade Boggs on a grounder, needing just two pitches to do so. When Willie Keeler hit another easy groundball, it looked like the inning might be quite short indeed. But Troy Tulowitzki misplayed the ball, letting the speedy Keeler aboard. Arky Vaughan then capitalized, hitting another single to put two aboard. Bruce Sutter, clearly rattled, balked the two runners into scoring position. With only one out, it was an easy decision to pitch around Paul Waner, giving him a free pass, loading the bases with the weak-hitting Yog-Sothoth due up. But Yaya would not give in so easily, and pinch-hit for his catcher, sending Eddie Mathews to the plate. Not that it did the Warriors any good, as Mathews popped up for the second out. That brought up Maniac Magee, who saw a good pitch to hit, and smacked it into left field. With all the runners moving with two outs, both Keeler and Vaughan scored, tying the game. Eddie Collins then had a chance to win the game, but Sutter managed to get the line out to send the game into extra innings.

The Handybeavers, frustrated, did not start off the top of the tenth well, with two quick strikeouts. Brooks Robinson finally got aboard with two outs, and DannoMack decided to gamble, and had Brooks Robinson, no one's idea of a fast player, attempt a steal of second. The plot succeeded, perhaps because of how preposterous it was, and the Handybeavers had the go-ahead run in scoring position. For reasons that cannot be explained, DannoMack then chose to bring Frank Chance as a pinch-runner. Even still, the Warriors were hardly in a bad position, with the feeble Jose Oquendo at the plate. But, in a development that strains believability, Oquendo delivered, singling home a run. That was all the Handybeavers could get in the inning, with Pete Rose groundout ending things immediately thereafter, but it gave them a 7-6 lead.

But the Warriors would not surrender. Tris Speaker started off the bottom of the tenth with a single, and Yaya called for the hit and run, with Tony Gwynn executing it spectacularly, moving Tris Speaker to third, and putting Gwynn, the potential winning run, on first. But Yaya then indulged too deeply in small ball, calling for Gwynn to steal second. Roger Bresnahan cut him down spectacularly, and while Wade Boggs did then tie the game with a groundout that scored Tris Speaker, it meant that the Warriors could do more than tie the game in the tenth.

Neither side scored in the eleventh, as though both hunkering down for a war of attrition.

In the twelfth, Babe Ruth started the inning with a walk as Craig Kimbrel, quickly reaching his limit, could not corral the 3-2 pitch, and then made things even worse with a wild pitch. Troy Tulowitzki then managed to work another full count before Kimbrel got him with a groundout, but at the cost of Ruth moving to third base. Omar Vizquel then came to the plate, and while Kimbrel got a fly out, the ball went too deep, allowing Ruth to tag up and score. Having seen enough, Yaya called for Tom Henke, who immediately got a popout from Oquendo to end the game.

The Warriors now faced, for the third time in four innings, a do-or-die bottom of the inning. The bottom of the twelfth did not start off promisingly, though. Maniac Magee flew out, Eddie Collins walked, and Tris Speaker grounded out. Collins was at second, but the Warriors had just one out left. Once again, however, Tony Gwynn stepped up, hitting a double that tied the game once more. But, just as before, that was as far as the Warriors could go, as Boggs struck out.

The thirteenth inning then passed without incident.

In the top of the fourteenth, the Handybeavers finally mounted some sustained offense, starting off the inning with three straight doubles, scoring twice, and making it seem as though the game was finally going to slip away from the Warriors. To their credit, and thanks to the fact that the bottom third of the Handybeavers is perhaps the least inspiring slate in the Super-League, the Warriors were able to staunch the bleeding, and emerged from the inning with no further damage.

But they were now down 10-8, and the first out came in a hurry, as Maniac Magee flew out to end the inning. Eddie Collins managed to single to get the tying run to the plate, but Tris Speaker grounded out. Down two runs with just one out left, the Warriors needed help, and Tony Gwynn, one last time, provided, hitting an RBI single to make it a 10-9 game. With a runner at first, Yaya decided to take one more chance, and sent Tony Gwynn to steal second, despite that having gone disastrously wrong just two innings prior.

Tony Gwynn was out by five feet, and that was the game.

"I would like to commend Yaya for a hard-fought game. While at the moment, being from British Columbia, he is only a provisional Canadian, I can see that, some day, he might get a chance to move to real Canada, and truly learn what it means to be a Canadian." DannoMack said after the game. "And I will say, as objectionable as I find the province of British Columbia, I admit, it could be worse. As long as Alberta is a province, BC will never be the worst."

Yaya arrived to accept DannoMack's praise, "I'd like to thank you for that, and I want to say that your team had a hell of a game. You were like a squad of Cybersixes out there."

DannoMack looked at Yaya quizzically, "Ah, that must be some of the BC slang I've heard so much about. I'm sure you'll pick up proper Canadian English one of these days."

"No, I was referring to the famous Canadian cartoon Cybersix, one of the greatest accomplishments in Canadian culture, something I'm sure you're aware of." Yaya said.

"I don't recall such a thing." DannoMack said.

"You know," Yaya said, as though trying to jog DannoMack's memory, "It was a cartoon about a female android who escaped her evil creator and disguised herself as a male schoolteacher so that she could defeat her evil creator. With the help of her black panther friend."

DannoMack looked concerned, "That doesn't seem to track. Why would the android need a disguise to defeat her evil creator?"

"No, no." Yaya shook his head, "She only uses the disguise during the day, at night, she dresses up in all leather to fight her enemies. Come on, you remember, like the time she defeated the evil ammonite? Or the time that Cybersix trapped the goblins and eggs on the train, and the sunlight destroys them?"

"Yaya, I'm beginning to grow very suspicious about this so-called Cybersix. What else can you tell me about it?" DannoMack looked at Yaya, attempting to see signs of madness in the Warriors' owners eyes.

"Well, it was a co-production with a Japanese animation studio, so-" Yaya said, causing DannoMack to stiffen in alarm.

"Of course! It's so obvious. Anime infiltration. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Attempting to destroy our youngest, and most vulnerable population." DannoMack shook his head. "Yaya, your mind has been poisoned by anime! I don't blame you, you couldn't have known what you were watching. You thought you were watching good, old-fashioned Canadian cartoons, but you were wrong. Dead wrong. And now you're head's all mixed up. You don't know right from wrong, good from bad, corned beef from brisket. But I know what will set you straight! Hockey."

"I am a Canucks fan." Yaya said.

DannoMack fought back tears, "Yeah, that's great, Yaya, that's really great." He choked a little as realized there was nothing he could do to help the boy.

GAME NOTES

-Don't try to run on Roger Bresnahan.

-DON'T TRY TO RUN ON ROGER BRESNAHAN!

-One strikeout in 14 innings for the Handybeavers. Grim, but effective.

-16 strikeouts in 14 innings for the Warriors. Cool, but useless.

Slug Lyfe has failed me. But, much like their forebears, nWo, they will get an immediate rematch next week in Khartoum!

Finally, stability.

You know, a lot of times, it feels like there's no consistency in our lives. That everything changes, and nothing's the same anymore.

But the Panderers kicking the Bombers around? That, guys, that is forever.

Team Statistics

Standings

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Billy Herman plays 3B.
Sheffield goes to minors/DL, recalling Jimmy Collins

At least now I have an actual 3B playing 3B.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
"But I know what will set you straight! Hockey."

DannoMack fought back tears, "Yeah, that's great, Yaya, that's really great." He choked a little as realized there was nothing he could do to help the boy.

lmao

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Please put in Victor Martinez at C and Edgar Martinez at 3B.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

-Swap Marichal and, uh, Frank Tanana?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

quote:

I know what will set you straight! Hockey."

Jesus Christ, Smasher. Don't hurt em.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
you cannot kill me in a way that matters

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Some changes for people coming off the DL:

- Deacon Phillippe back to AAA; Sam Leever to SP4
- Rudy York to DL; Final Donslaught to C
- George Grantham to bench; Bob Elliott to AAA; Miguel Cabrera to 1B

Final and Miguel can be in the same spots in the order.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

We're taking 1935 Buddy Myer

I'll post a roster update after the next Sub-Par update. Edward Mass and his Monarchs can now pick!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Govern,ent dogs and marmosets will form a tag team for the Triad

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Pash posted:

Govern,ent dogs and marmosets will form a tag team for the Triad

Hell yeah we will, and we're gonna win!

Moleboy
Apr 20, 2011

Looksy
-Hindsight-

Looking Back, I am sure of 2 things:
1. I should have found the thread before it finished
2. Grimper may have actually done one or two things wrong

Well, loving balls.

Alright, I guess for now let's shift Ruth to LF, Ott to RF, and Madlock to DH for now while Stan is on the DL.

Time to pucker up for updates for the next 2 weeks.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Tablet-posting to say we’re taking 1935 Joe Cronin. Slot him in Stephens’ spot in the lineup.

The Boatmen are up.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Edward Mass posted:

Tablet-posting to say we’re taking 1935 Joe Cronin. Slot him in Stephens’ spot in the lineup.

The Boatmen are up.

Updated the sheet for you friend

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Hamilton comes back up, Ott goes back down

vs. RHP:
Hamilton to LF, Ruth to RF
Polanco to bench, Jackie Robinson to 3B

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Sub-Par League 18: Week 12: Don't Cry For Me, I'm Already Dead

quote:

DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES RAID SENADORES

The River Styx - DCF social workers stormed the visitor’s clubhouse in a postgame raid of the San Juan franchise this evening. Acting on an anonymous tip, the government agency was able to rescue a child from the clutches of baseball peonage. Due to the tender age of the child, reported to be only 10 years old, their name has not been released. However, they did pitch the final two innings of today’s game against the Boatmen, picking up their first save of the season.

Unfortunately, the government did not act quickly enough. The minor was found in the trainers room, suffering from what is at this time being called “a big league ouchie” and, by a Senadores press release issued just minutes before the raid “an injury that will keep them out for roughly three weeks.” While violation of the child labor laws typically carry only a monetary penalty, the fact that the minor was injured may raise additional questions about jail time for the owner, six term Senator Oystertoadfish.

For some in San Juan, the raid was late in coming. “It was clear from spring training that they had a kid on the roster, this isn’t like having a 15 year old who looks like they could be 16 yeas old and thus not covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act” said local attorney and fan Smashier Dynameaux. “That kid hasn’t hit puberty yet! And they’d already appeared in a game this season! And what about the league!? It’s incredible that Commissioner Yaya let this happen. He must have been distracted by that Cybersix show that’s all the rage these days.”

Senator Oystertoadfish had no comment at the time of publication, but an aide directed attention to his longstanding support of child labor statutes and penalties for those found violating them.

quote:

NO COBB NO CONCERN SAYS DECK CHAIR SKIP

North Atlantic Ocean - Losing a prime Ty Cobb for two weeks would set most teams back a few weeks. That goes double when that Cobb was hitting .364 for the season. So you’d think that the under-staffed Deck Chairs would be feeling the pressure given that they have precisely zero minor leaguers to call up to replace the ailing centerfielder. You’d be mistaken.

“I just don’t see the problem,” said Pungry at a post-game press conference. “Sure, we only have 23 healthy players right now. But I’m pretty sure I could win this division even if another five or so were struck down.” Pungry paused in thought for a moment, then continued. “Yeah, 18 healthy players should be enough. Just look at this division. Who’s going to beat me? Zodiac5000? The Marmosets motto says it all.” Pungry snorted. “Die alone.”

Il Duce of the Deck Chair’s continued “Frankenfreak’s Baseball Club? Please. The best thing going for them is their admittedly excellent name. If they’re lucky they’ll finish second and avoid the gauntlet.” Relishing the moment, Pungry added “Habeasdorkus couldn’t build a team to save his life, why do you think he spends so much of his time trying to hide the fact by writing up skits? Yeah, I’m pretty sure I don’t have to worry about any of this. Not even Smasher himself could stop this team at this time.”

Pungry didn’t even flinch in expectation of a lightning bolt as he spoke. Still, you’d have expected his hubris to have dissipated in the wake of watching Pete Alexander allow eleven runs. Instead, the Deck Chairs merely shuffled along, with the part of Ty Cobb played by Robin Yount. Yount, with a hit and a walk on the day, raised his season average to .320.

quote:

RAMPAGING SODAK HORDE TURNED BACK AT LAST MOMENT, MID-ATLANTIC SEABOARD SAVED

DelMarVa - It’s that time of year that all outside of the midwest dread. When the Khans of the SoDak clans set aside their petty feuds and, from Brookings to Spearfish, set out on their annual assault of the surroundings. The time of raiding and rapine. Children being forced to watch their parents gorged with chislic and kutchen brought all the way from the 4th best State Fair in the Plains/Midwest region. Parents forced to watch their children be brought to the Corn Palace for registration as thralls to the Mitchell Khan.

Yet, this year, the Khaghan Zodiac5000 has seen his traveling band of brigands show surprising weakness. Indeed, while they brought the United States of America to its knees- crushing President Biden’s chosen champions 10-4 in the season series - they’ve been otherwise oddly ineffective. So when they appeared at the borders of the Mid-Atlantic, the doughty defenders of DelMarVa looked to put them to quick flight. The local nine got to SoDak starter Kelsie Whitmore for a run in the second inning, and then tagged her again for six in the third. Arthur Rhodes kept SoDak from routing, but it appeared a comfortable victory was in hand for the locals and the bruised Khaghan would have to seek easier prey.

Mid-Atlantic skipper Blakelmenakle chose to pull starter Ed Walsh from the game after 67 pitches, leaving his bullpen to mop-up the wavering throng. Randy Myers was brought in, and admirably saw the local squadron through the seventh, but was brought out again in the eighth. And that’s when the problems started.

It didn’t seem that bad at first. Randy Myers isn’t known for his endurance, but he gutted through a second inning of labor. He threw back a renewed SoDak assault while conceding only two runs. With a five run lead, victory appeared assured. Then, Blakelmenakle, who had pulled his starter after only 6 innings and 67 pitches, sent out Myers for the ninth inning.

SoDak wasted no time getting to the exhausted Myers, as he made it through just a third of the inning. Panicked, Blakelmenakle brought in Lindy McDaniel. McDaniel, who had been topping off the trainwreck’s chartered locomotive, forgot to leave the fuel behind. Before you could say “Kablammo!” the game had been tied.

DelMarVa seemed certain to fall, just as so many others before. But these peninsular men were made of sterner stuff than the callow Illinois city-slickers so often sacked by SoDak. Rich Gossage and Jim Brewer kept the horde at bay until at last the SoDak Sarpedon Arthur Rhodes retired from the field. At last, in the twelfth, Charlie Gehringer put paid to the barbarians, with a two run shot off Kaz Sasaki. DelMarVa would see another unspoiled day.

Bits and Bobs posted:

I want to note that I appreciate how the CSVs saw Don Drysdale give up 10 runs in the second inning, and decided “yeah, lets send him out for the third” before pulling him. And that’s still not the most runs given up by a starter this week, considering what happened to Pete Alexander against the Slimes.

I don’t know how much longer Mohamed bin Salman will accept these types of results, Beet. If I were you I’d have an exit strategy prepared.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
The Boatmen draft 1935 Jimmie Foxx.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I would like to be very clear and say that I am nowhere near that mean or as confident as my character in the recap! I am very sure that Smasher could easily stop my team.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

https://lpix.org/3821700/Team08-ABanner.png

gotta rest some sore guys

Earl Averill in CF vs RHP
A-Rod to 3B, Tulo at SS in for Frisch vs LHP
Enos Slaughter to RF, Harry Heilmann to DH, Johnny Mize to 1B vs LHP
changes in bold

Lineups

pre:
DH vs. RHP                    DH vs. LHP
#   Pos  Name                 #   Pos  Name
1   3B  Frankie Frisch        1   DH   Harry Heilmann
2   RF  Babe Ruth             2   LF   Babe Ruth
3   1B  Lou Gehrig            3   RF   Enos Slaughter
4   C   Josh Gibson           4   C    Josh Gibson
5   DH  Johnny Mize           5   1B   Johnny Mize
6   LF  Enos Slaughter        6   CF   Mickey Mantle
7   CF  Earl Averll           7   3B   Alex Rodriguez
8   SS  Alex Rodriguez        8   2B   Placido Polanco
9   2B  Placido Polanco       9   SS   Troy Tulowitzki
my lineup is way too confusing now, i am going to consolidate it next week after the sore guys are back to normal

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Dammit Marmosets. Stop letting the Mariners Bullpen destroy you like this.

Bring the "High Pitch counts" slider up to maximum please.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Not good!

Piazza in at C, Cobb in at CF, Chipper Jones (the one on my bench) in at 3B, Waner in at RF, and Clemente in at DH. Cronin is still in at SS.

1. Paul Waner
2. Roberto Clemente
3. Robinson Cano
4. Lou Gehrig
5. Barry Bonds
6. Chipper Jones
7. Ty Cobb
8. Joe Cronin
9. Mike Piazza

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Super-League XXX, Week 13 Injury Report

Eagle Creek Firebears
Edd Roush (OF) (Partially eaten by bear) - 36 days

Glass Spiders
Jose Altuve (IF) (Put on your red shoes and dance the blues) - 11 days

Portland Panderers
Jesse Orosco (RP) (How about Orosno?) - 9 days

Pick 'em: Joyless

Omni-Titles
Arlen Propane Sellers (c) @ Khartoum Doom

Grand Slam Championships
Towa City Demon Hunters (c) @ Oriath Exiles

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Champs...lose??

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
CHamps Retain

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

l'champs re'tain

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Doom
Demon Hunters

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Doom
Demon Hunters

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Omni-Titles
Arlen Propane Sellers (c) @ Khartoum Doom

Grand Slam Championships
Towa City Demon Hunters (c) @ Oriath Exiles

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Champs lose

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Dickem: Doom take, Demon Hunters retain.

Bench sore? That's not good at all! Make Chief Meyers personal catcher for Addie Joss.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Enix Slimes draft 2015 Clayton Kershaw and make the following moves:

Replace Coveleski with Kershaw, send Coveleski to minors.

New Lineups vs RHP/LHP
CF Tris Speaker
1B Johnny Mize
3B Wade Boggs
LF Barry Bonds
C Mike Piazza
SS Honus Wagner
RF Gary Sheffield
DH BIG OH!!!
2B Riggs Stephenson

Demote Clemente, Call up Cal Ripken Jr.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

doom win hunters retain

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I want to apologize to emil yde for making him ten on the csv, and thank him for pitching well that one day, and apologize again for getting a child injured in a professional baseball game. sorry, thanks, sorry

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Pick em:
Doom
Demon Hunters

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Omni-Titles
Khartoum Doom