Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The only change the Goldman Sachs-sponsored boss of a public affairs company brings will come out of your pockets

quote:

High-level communications strategy and crisis management
Omni-partisan coalition-building and third-party stakeholder management
Grassroots, community and faith-based engagement
Campaign strategy, including but not limited to political, corporate and non-profit
Specialty in socially conscious diversity and inclusion initiatives
Influencer strategy and engagement on their social justice priorities
Paid communication services (direct mail, digital services and media services)

Launched with "partners from Mercury," a PR firm owned by the advertising conglomerate Omnicom Group. Why does anyone give her the time of day?

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Mar 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

she already pulls down $400k as president of CAP, these freaks defending her would have us think she'll need to go live under a bridge now

p sure OMB director would've been a significant paycut too

She's also still going to grt whatever happens to be the most prestigious job available with Biden that doesn't require a Senate confirmation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pretty sure the Biden people think that if they vaccinate everyone by May and COVID is pretty much gone by the end of the year no one will remember the fuckery with the 2k checks or the minimum wage.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

mcmagic posted:

Pretty sure the Biden people think that if they vaccinate everyone by May and COVID is pretty much gone by the end of the year no one will remember the fuckery with the 2k checks or the minimum wage.

or the kids in cages

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

or making the bombs that are getting dropped in yemen

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

or overseeing the largest prison population in the history of earth

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ruzihm posted:

or the kids in cages

D voters already forgot those.

Ruzihm posted:

or making the bombs that are getting dropped in yemen

And those

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Breakfast All Day posted:

very glad this guy has a blue check so i know he is in fact THE robert caruso. now if i could just figure out who the gently caress that is

It's this guy:
https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/did-robert-caruso-con-the-washington-press-or-is-that-w-1788510128

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mawarannahr posted:

Launched with "partners from Mercury," a PR firm owned by the advertising conglomerate Omnicom Group. Why does anyone give her the time of day?

Residual shine from being Bernie's campaign chair, mainly. The way she speaks really makes you believe, she fuckin takes you to church

But yeah I'm skeptical. She'll probably be better than the others but we've already gone down that road with AOC and we've seen where it leads. Fingers crossed she'll surprise us all but I'm not counting on it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Residual shine from being Bernie's campaign chair, mainly. The way she speaks really makes you believe, she fuckin takes you to church

But yeah I'm skeptical. She'll probably be better than the others but we've already gone down that road with AOC and we've seen where it leads. Fingers crossed she'll surprise us all but I'm not counting on it

syq

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

the VP can't entice or force 2 members of her party who are preventing her from achieving a key policy goal.

oh well it can't be helped I guess

like why does KHive think this makes Kamala look good and not incredibly weak.

Manchin only won by 3% last time and raising the minimum wage is more popular than he is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

It's very important to keep making the woman who got no delegates, and wasn't even the third polling choice in her own state, aware that she's actually legit popular and any mistake ever made isn't her fault

The_Muncher
Mar 2, 2021

spacemang_spliff posted:

the VP can't entice or force 2 members of her party who are preventing her from achieving a key policy goal.

oh well it can't be helped I guess

Manchin only won by 3% last time and raising the minimum wage is more popular than he is.

Also like, if you're not allied with them put it on their loving necks.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
seeing a lot of weird takes from libs about how republicans opposing the bill that sends people money will be a problem for them, as if biden is not going to gently caress up the covid response

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/nickwestes/status/1367208685915672576

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

he's gonna try to do a coup like trump's piss baby one isn't he

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

We warned you about libs bro!!!!!!

We told you dog!!!!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

sexpig by night posted:

he's gonna try to do a coup like trump's piss baby one isn't he

America is back!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Youd think that some democratic party partisans would have gotten sick of reasons why they can't deliver anything during the Obama years but I guess not!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this is the exact same excuse biden used when called out last year, lol.

ah, those irish & italians with their eagerness for physical affection!

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

mcmagic posted:

Youd think that some democratic party partisans would have gotten sick of reasons why they can't deliver anything during the Obama years but I guess not!

"what are you gonna do, vote republican?"

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the leaders are at the same time heroically strong and pitifully weak. Liberal governments are condemned to sputter because they are constitutionally incapable of objectively evaluating the force of the leaders.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Willa Rogers posted:

this is the exact same excuse biden used when called out last year, lol.

ah, those irish & italians with their eagerness for physical affection!

I'm sure if I, a large male presenting queer, were to come up to them and grab at them and kiss them they'd be very friendly with my clearly normal way to greet someone, especially a stranger I have no relationship with! It's all very normal, Willa.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I will destroy my political future and the entire working class before I allow harm to come to a single hair on Joe Manchin's head.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mcmagic posted:

betting on people not remembering how much they are paid seems like a smart move

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/1367217048431042568?s=20
https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/1367218033362690048?s=20

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mcmagic posted:

"People won't remember we lied and hosed them over if God fixes their problems on our behalf"

Good strategy, A+, can't fail.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

This woman has a huge grudge over 2016 so lmao at her saying this.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

mcmagic posted:

Too bad the republicans are going to remind everyone and also pin every death since November on him as well.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kind of having a weird night where I'm suddenly having to explain to strangers on Twitter what the succzone is

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Judakel posted:

This woman has a huge grudge over 2016 so lmao at her saying this.

holy christ this person
https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/1367239661102465027
sometimes they forget to put on the mask and just outright say "feminism is when the oppressing class is half female"

loquacius posted:

Kind of having a weird night where I'm suddenly having to explain to strangers on Twitter what the succzone is

this is your curse

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

:qq:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1367235872144437248?s=20

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Also the midterm election day is 87 weeks, 5 days from today. Campaign season will start in a year. Even if COVID is fully under control in a year, it's going to be something that just loving happened not like a distant memory people will shrug off. The Republicans are probably going to make every single campaign ad about how Joe Biden hosed up COVID and crashed the economy, Joe Biden and the Dems stole money that they promised from hardworking Americans because they hate freedom, etc. when they're not busy trying to goose up some culture war.

Trump could literally make a campaign speech for Republican senate and house candidates that you should vote for them because at least they didn't lie about the checks like Joe Biden did and it would be true.

I mean until the Snopes fact check

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1367151290015490048?s=20

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

owned

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

World War Mammories posted:

holy christ this person
https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/1367239661102465027
sometimes they forget to put on the mask and just outright say "feminism is when the oppressing class is half female"

this is your curse

so you can disagree with her on policy but if it's a particularly glaring piece of policy that she was forced to apologize for, it's sexist to bring it up

oh okay

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Andorra posted:

My methods are guaranteed to fail 100% of the time. Here is why this is a good thing (1/183)

tl;dr: The Means Justify The Ends

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ok so let's go to the dem's plan to avoid getting horsewhipped in the midterms:

1. Avoid OFA model.
Summary: They have no ground game whatsoever remaining and no way to get the grassroots engaged in policymaking. Biden won't even be seen by a human being outside the Beltway for the next year.

2. Empower O'Malley Dillon.
Summary: We last heard from Jen O'Malley Dillon in late 2020 when she had the temerity to call Republican senators "a bunch of fuckers" and the dread gaze of Bidenpartisanship turned upon her.
Status: Buried in a Deputy Chief of Staff role and never heard from again.

3. Embed Ducklo or Bates.
Summary: Did someone say "Ducklo"

4. Hope for a backlash against McConnell obstructionism
Summary: These loving idiots' plan was to do literally nothing and then blame the Republicans, but they accidentally won the Senate and now the obstructionism is coming from inside the house. Really sums it up that their total victory is the one scenario most destructive to their future electoral fortunes. I'd call them "victims of their own success" but actually they'll be just fine in their parachute consulting and lobbying gigs while the rest of the country loving implodes.
Status: Actually though their plan was always to lose, so 2022 is going to be a real good year for dems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If they don't at least pass the voting reform bill you have to think that they are actively trying to be a permanent minority party. DNC consultants don't care, that is for sure.