Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Puddin posted:

Finaldestination.jpg

I literally just had my mulching mowers blade break off the prop and the blade go flying off to the right, thank gently caress it went away from myself.

I can only imagine the carnage if that thing ended up hitting your shins.

My inner Stephen King just sketched out a short story about setting one of these up on a self-propelled mower with remote control and driving it into a concert crowd.

Same inner voice that drafted a sketch involving a guy in the upper-most level of a football arena tossing Jarts during a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/MwSJTLB.mp4

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

NoWake posted:

I want to know if it goes pu-pu-pu-brummmmmmmm like a mower with a blade or fuh-wheeeeeeeeeeee like a circular saw
Turns out, both! :stonk:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Safety Dance posted:

If you ask nicely, Home Depot will rent you one of those. It's a little intimidating until you get the hang of it.

It’s going to be far more intimidating to the people on the other side of the hedge, though. :unsmigghh:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

PainterofCrap posted:

My inner Stephen King just sketched out a short story about setting one of these up on a self-propelled mower with remote control and driving it into a concert crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEuT9sePcI4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Braindead is an amazing movie. Early Peter Jackson poo poo is weird, to the point of insanity, and it makes it even more ridiculous that a major studio said to him "Yes, Peter, you can take this two hundred million dollars into the New Zealand hinterlands and film back-to-back-to-back three films making up one of the most beloved book series' ever".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Meet the Feebles is a banger

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Memento posted:

Braindead is an amazing movie. Early Peter Jackson poo poo is weird, to the point of insanity, and it makes it even more ridiculous that a major studio said to him "Yes, Peter, you can take this two hundred million dollars into the New Zealand hinterlands and film back-to-back-to-back three films making up one of the most beloved book series' ever".
TBH at that point he'd done The Frighteners and Heavenly Creatures.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Puddin posted:

Finaldestination.jpg

I literally just had my mulching mowers blade break off the prop and the blade go flying off to the right, thank gently caress it went away from myself.

I can only imagine the carnage if that thing ended up hitting your shins.

I had my mower blade break in half one time, half of it spat right out the back and nailed me on the toe. I happened to be wearing steel toes, and cause of that incident make drat sure i continue to.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Extremely wrong thread

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Wasabi the J posted:

Extremely wrong thread

:hmmyes:

Zoomies belong on everything

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

NoWake posted:

I want to know if it goes pu-pu-pu-brummmmmmmm like a mower with a blade or fuh-wheeeeeeeeeeee like a circular saw

Fifty Three posted:

Turns out, both! :stonk:

Dammit, you beat me to it.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I love how fake that mower blade is.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

That 3hp Briggs didn't even slow down through bones

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

that must smell incredible

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I didn't know the coolant lines ran anywhere near the diff.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
JB-welded diff?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

iv46vi posted:

JB-welded diff?

That was parked in a small creek?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Cojawfee posted:

I didn't know the coolant lines ran anywhere near the diff.

It's a VW thing, you wouldn't understand

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

4WD Yoghurt maker.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
They did an excellent job containing that....... bukkake.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Looks like wrong/too much additive or something?

I don't know what else could possibly cause that.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Drove into water with a hot diff and sucked water into the vent maybe

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Looks like wrong/too much additive or something?

I don't know what else could possibly cause that.

driving through water with a broken vent tube and sucking water in through the vent hole.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

These pimple popping videos are getting a tad ridiculous.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
That's more than just one trip through the water with a broken vent. I'd wager a guess that it spent the weekend stuck in a mudhole before finally getting dragged out.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Could have been as simple as a lovely axle seal that weeps a little oil normally plus a water crossing that took longer than expected. I certainly don't know of anyone with a Dana 30 with lovely weeping axle seals... :ninja:

(You have to pull the wheels, brakes, unit bearings, shafts, cover, and carrier and ring gear to replace 12 dollars in seals on those. It's very very easy to justify just putting more gear lube in every 4 or 5 months to yourself when it's that much of a pain in the rear end.)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
ITT: differential diagnosis

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

driving through water with a broken vent tube and sucking water in through the vent hole.

Huh, I never considered that just some water getting in there could cause a milkshake like that.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Platystemon posted:

ITT: differential diagnosis

I appreciate this post.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Huh, I never considered that just some water getting in there could cause a milkshake like that.

With the constant blending action from the gears, and a little bit of heat, it doesn't take much to emulsify the whole lot together.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Memento posted:

With the constant blending action from the gears, and a little bit of heat, it doesn't take much to emulsify the whole lot together.

This would be great for preparing salad dressing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Beach Bum posted:

This would be great for preparing salad dressing.

Pull up to the picnic, jack up the truck, and everyone runs their salad under the differential.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I was actually wondering if it was latex based paint when he pulled the cover off. What does a differential feel like when it goes all frothy?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Memento posted:

Looks like it, especially if there were loose tires spinning at high RPMs, just like my Ninja blender making a smoothie :v:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

The Door Frame posted:

I was actually wondering if it was latex based paint when he pulled the cover off. What does a differential feel like when it goes all frothy?

Like the surface of the sun, if you push power through it for long enough.

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

I guess it's not a car, but my bike's rear derailleur made a noise last night:

I might not be an expert but I'm pretty sure this isn't the direction the the cage is supposed to point:

The two sides of the cage are supposed to be parallel:

Well, you win some, and you lose some. At least bike parts are easy to come by these days, right?

Cat Pancakes
Apr 24, 2012

The Linux Fairy posted:

I guess it's not a car, but my bike's rear derailleur made a noise last night:

I might not be an expert but I'm pretty sure this isn't the direction the the cage is supposed to point:

The two sides of the cage are supposed to be parallel:

Well, you win some, and you lose some. At least bike parts are easy to come by these days, right?

Woof. Did it go into the spokes? make sure its still in true if so.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

*hacker voice* I’ve jacked in to the subframe