Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Coredump posted:

More than one goon asked me, "aren't you the person that agrees on a price then shows up and offers less?". I still don't know where people got that idea

quote:

Me: How much you want for the bumper?
Seller: 125

Coredump posted:

I'm there in person with cash in hand and wouldn't take $120 from a $125 asking price
:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Correct. As the chat logs show I asked his price. I didn't say to him, "ok I'll do $125" like I did with the front clip person.

Kinda like:

Krakkles posted:

It is weird that he started talking about shipping and where you're from, but you were most likely annoying him before that, so :shrug:
The things that have gotten pulled out of thin air in this thread.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 3, 2021

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Holy poo poo I could not care less about chat logs please shut up forever about them and post insane Craigslist ads

Do you want ALL the Yeti coolers?

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/austin-2000-chevy-suburban-yeti-rig/7281518154.html

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Why would a person need SO MANY yetis? Could probably have got a refrigerated van for less than the yetis cost

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Coredump posted:

The things that have gotten pulled out of thin air in this thread.
I didn't want to presume to know his state of mind, but that was hardly out of thin air. As I mentioned, if I received those messages, you were annoying.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Krakkles posted:

I didn't want to presume to know his state of mind, but that was hardly out of thin air. As I mentioned, if I received those messages, you were annoying.
Like I asked earlier, if by asking "You got a picture of the fender?" instead of "Can you give me a close-up / detailed shot?" would be enough of a faux pas for you to stop dealing with me... Do you not see how fine of a line in the sand you're trying to make there? Especially over chat on Facebook marketplace?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Could have been a brewery or stupid Austin experience thing. Yeti is headquartered in Austin.

Edit: yeah shut up about the fenders, it's done.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Coredump posted:

Like I asked earlier, if by asking "You got a picture of the fender?" instead of "Can you give me a close-up / detailed shot?" would be enough of a faux pas for you to stop dealing with me... Do you not see how fine of a line in the sand you're trying to make there? Especially over chat on Facebook marketplace?

Just stoppppppppppppppp

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Coredump posted:

As long as a seller isn't desperate for money, you need them to like you, or at least, not not like you. That is exactly as arbitrary as they choose to make it, and even by a fairly non-arbitrary standard, I can say that I'm not patient enough to deal with selling something to you, based on what you've posted about these incidents. You're missing a ton of social cues, in those chats, in your interaction with the jerk who punched you in the face, and in your efforts to prove everyone wrong here.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Krakkles posted:

As long as a seller isn't desperate for money, you need them to like you, or at least, not not like you. That is exactly as arbitrary as they choose to make it, and even by a fairly non-arbitrary standard, I can say that I'm not patient enough to deal with selling something to you, based on what you've posted about these incidents. You're missing a ton of social cues, in those chats, in your interaction with the jerk who punched you in the face, and in your efforts to prove everyone wrong here.

What social cues did I miss in those chats Krakkles?
Edit: at this point anyone else got anything to say about it just PM me.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 3, 2021

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah can we just move on please

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Holy poo poo I could not care less about chat logs please shut up forever about them and post insane Craigslist ads

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/austin-2000-chevy-suburban-yeti-rig/7281518154.html

I'm going to offer this guy $34,955

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 3, 2021

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

yeah sure buddy

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

razorscooter posted:

yeah sure buddy

Can I get a better pic of the fenders?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

StormDrain posted:

If you want to discuss it PM. But the thread said drop it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Heh: "please feel free to call text, or email with any questions".

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Whhhhhy has this thread been reported again?

I dont have time to read right now so please just stop whatever this slapfight is.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't been able to find a good slapfight on CL in ages... not since they axed the personals

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I really like the Yeti trucks bumper, wheels and tires though. The rest is just confusing.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

StormDrain posted:

I really like the Yeti trucks bumper, wheels and tires though. The rest is just confusing.

Truck? Excuse me, I think you mean ~*RIG*~

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

KakerMix posted:

Truck? Excuse me, I think you mean ~*RIG*~

Yeah that's a pretty nice outfit they got there.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

StormDrain posted:

I loled

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

razorscooter posted:

yeah sure buddy

poo poo, I knew there was a Toyota Tax on the Tacoma, but holy gently caress.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'd rather just tow a trailer with a Camry at this point

[e] Better and more economical than a Tacoma:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 4, 2021

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

razorscooter posted:

yeah sure buddy

Insane Kalispell person posted:

This truck was recently in a wreck. That being said, the frame is not bent and it ONLY has 130,000 miles. It’s been lovingly maintained and owned for the last 19 years. It has new timing belt, water pump, main seal, emergency brake, mag wheels, and clutch. It has custom leather seat covers, and spray in bed liner. Has maintenance records, only the second owner. This was to be a forever truck, but with all that’s been invested it’s time to be someone else’s baby.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
That bed is probably mint though.

emf
Aug 1, 2002

"invested" continues to be the best search term for automotive comedy

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

emf posted:

"invested" continues to be the best search term for automotive comedy

this is a pro-tip

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I spent 25k, I'll let it go for 24999.9999

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Lol I'm honored you guys.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Now's not the time to buy a used truck.

It's amazing what they are going for.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

Now's not the time to buy a used truck.

It's amazing what they are going for.

Hell, is it a good time to buy ANYTHING right now?

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

I spent the last 2 weeks fixing my minivan myself because used truck/suv prices seemed stupid.

I've never paid attention to truck and suv prices at all so I don't know what they were like in the before times. But a no-context first impression of the used market was enough for me to say gently caress that, I'm keeping the minivan.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

boxen posted:

Hell, is it a good time to buy ANYTHING right now?

It is such a weird time, the pandemic has left certain segments flush with cash. It's like the only part of our economy that's really suffering is the service economy. I'm in the beverage packaging industry and we are SLAMMED with business right now, the pandemic has been nothing but good to us because people are buying at the store more. And because of that we've hired like 6 or 7 new people, all with good middle class pay.

So yeah there's two Americas. And it's driving car prices nuts. Bringatrailer is doing incredibly well right now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah used car prices are crazy so depending on your budget you could be better off buying new.

My wife is gonna get a huge raise soon, she has a ridiculous commute that costs $200 in gas a month and I'm seriously considering getting her a Mach-E.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

LloydDobler posted:

It is such a weird time, the pandemic has left certain segments flush with cash. It's like the only part of our economy that's really suffering is the service economy. I'm in the beverage packaging industry and we are SLAMMED with business right now, the pandemic has been nothing but good to us because people are buying at the store more. And because of that we've hired like 6 or 7 new people, all with good middle class pay.

So yeah there's two Americas. And it's driving car prices nuts. Bringatrailer is doing incredibly well right now.

My GF works in can making, her company is dropping small breweries and stuff left and right to meet orders, along with shipping cans from Brazil and the Middle East. It's so weird.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

The only sort of upside for me is that just before this, I was thinking I want a new Bronco, but I hate debt, so I'll buy [one of several used SUVs that I'm considering, Lexus GX, 4Runner, etc.].

Since used car prices have gone nuts, financing a Bronco doesn't seem quite as crazy to me anymore.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

frigging boomers. Why is literally any non factory wheel a "mag" to them.

also lol those are just newer OEM toyota wheels.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

That picture really tells a story. If it wasn't for the Canadian license plates, that could be any number of people I grew up with...

Krakkles posted:

The only sort of upside for me is that just before this, I was thinking I want a new Bronco, but I hate debt, so I'll buy [one of several used SUVs that I'm considering, Lexus GX, 4Runner, etc.].

Since used car prices have gone nuts, financing a Bronco doesn't seem quite as crazy to me anymore.

New Bronco looks extremely cool but after renting a recent Wrangler, I'd want to take it for a long test drive before buying. That Jeep was absolutely hell for wind noise on the highway, and I think it was in large part due to the roof design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Wranglers are indeed loud and incredibly annoying to drive in high winds. The hood will even flutter up and down, though it's not quite as bad on the JL model.