Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fur20 posted:

finally finally FINALLY i have both childe and xingqiu at max ascension, and i got barbara to a high enough level to get all of her wish orbs. now i NEVER have to do oceanid again.

if they ever release another water character im going to not pull them

what about mona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i have accepted the fact that i will never ever get the only water unit that i actually want

alternate answer: i only want mona to be able to run fast and ignore water so ascending her is meaningless

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lobsterpillar posted:

I'm a relatively new player, (AR25) and have a few questions. All of my chars are 4* so far.
What's the main difference between 4* and 5*? Are 5* just much more powerful with cool abilities?
Who should I concentrate on leveling up and ascending? So far I've got traveler, Lisa, and the free Cryo guy at level 40, with traveller just ascended. I've got Noelle, Nning(with 1 constellation) and Xianling at around 30-35. I've also got Barbara, Bennett and Fisch but haven't leveled them much.

I quite enjoy Xianling+Lisa exploding things, and Nning is pretty good too.

Is there anything else that I should concentrate on at this rank?

In addition, right now you should only focus on your carry. Keep them, and their weapon, top notch, until level 80. You're right at the cusp of the resource crunch, but it's not hard to crunch if you focus on your carry.

Carry = main DPS on the field most of the time
Support = pops in, does their elemental skill or burst, then leaves
Healer = Most compositions have a healer. Bennet is widely considered a great choice for a healer, but whatever works for you.

You can get by without a healer for most of the game, but the domains can be pretty punishing without one.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fur20 posted:

i have accepted the fact that i will never ever get the only water unit that i actually want

alternate answer: i only want mona to be able to run fast and ignore water so ascending her is meaningless

This post made me realize that I have every hydro character, and the only one I have ascended is Childe, and only then to the level 80 cap. Sucks to be me.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If you're using the rocks for damage, you're using them wrong. They're there to break the game.
That is not at all true. Starfell Sword is insane, 248% ATK at lv1 is comparable to the multipliers of Jean's Gale Blade (292%) or Venti's Skyward Sonnet (276%) on an identical 6s CD. Except Jean and Venti are gacha 5 stars and having even Jean at C5 is vanishingly unlikely for non-whales; Traveler is C6 for free, so instead we'd compare their lv4 Starfell Sword which is 310%. Which is, uh, better than Venti's, and Venti's tap skill is known for hitting pretty hard. And it technically does that damage twice, though engineering the explosion damage on a 30s duration rock is tricky (but look up killing Dvalin with it).

But new Geo Resonance can actually lower enemy Geo resist (Anemo can't easily shred its own resistance without heavy constellations), and if running Zhongli you get more Geo shred and every rock becomes an additional DoT from Zhongli's pillar. Activating Geo shred from resonance is fairly easy since you can just hit something with your sword once then drop a rock.

Also it has to hit things to generate Geo particles, which it does at an insane rate compared to other Geo characters, basically enabling constant Zhongli/Albedo Bursts (Ning doesn't really need it but it helps). It also means Traveler is looping their own Burst, which does great damage (up to 148% five times at lv1), grants Crit Rate, and serves as up to four more resonant constructs for Zhongli.

The only reason Geo Traveler isn't broken is because of the actually broken geometry issues when the rocks aren't placed perfectly. If that QoL issue could be addressed I'd easily call Geo Traveler an insane DPS. It's the only reason I don't roll with her more often anyway. If you have C1 Zhongli especially I think you gotta try it at least once.

Well also people are told not to focus resources on them but that's a mistake (for some). And hey, they can hit lv90 without ever once touching an Oceanid.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Traveler's E is seriously awful to use. Even people who know her E is good cant stand using it for long as a primary source of damage because it's such a mess.

Her Q is just great though. I only use her in 3Geo teams so I can Q a lot.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fur20 posted:

i only want mona to be able to run fast and ignore water

the mona meme build is pretty fun for nuking elite enemies and bosses

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ayaka also solves the water travel problem but better, only uh.....maybe 50+ days left.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

No Wave posted:

Yeah 1-2 star weapons are safe garbage. I never fodder 3*s and am still a long ways off from every having to do so.

I refine to 5 and then fodder the rest.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Fur20 posted:

How does Mona go fast? I have her and the E just makes her duck under the floor and traverse Mondstadt slower than anyone else. Would appreciate speed tech

Also if I'm using Mona in a Ganyu freeze comp what's her talent priority? Q -> E -> AA -> dash? The dash being a talent thing is throwing me for a loop

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she just naturally sprints faster, there isn't a trick to it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

zgrowler2 posted:

How does Mona go fast? I have her and the E just makes her duck under the floor and traverse Mondstadt slower than anyone else. Would appreciate speed tech

Also if I'm using Mona in a Ganyu freeze comp what's her talent priority? Q -> E -> AA -> dash? The dash being a talent thing is throwing me for a loop
You can't level mona's dash. When you sprint she's a puddle and the puddle is fast.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

zgrowler2 posted:

her regular sprint--the one that's impossible to use in combat as a dodge--runs faster than the tallest characters, at the price of having a wider turn radius. if she enters water from any gradual decline like a beach shoreline, she continues to sprint on the water at speed.

mona is SERIOUSLY good for overworld exploration.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Well poo poo, TIL. Thanks y'all!

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
mona is great for overworld travel until you hit a ledge. Or stairs. Or a rock. Or anything.

Big daddy zhong remains the best for running around. Two anemos and razor. Zoom

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Big daddy zhong remains the best for running around. Two anemos and razor. Zoom

Zhong / Klee / Sucrose / Jean is my overworld team, always gotta have someone in party for mining and Zhong's hold E does have a cooldown in some concentrated spots

bustin makes me feel good

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Man the character affection xp or whatever it’s called sucks. So okay great I got my initial team maxed out easily. And have been spreading the love around. Except doing overworld stuff benefits greatly from specific things. Like the minimap tracker stuff. Or having two anemos. Or sometimes you want a healer. Or the biggest one, having a drat claymore to mine with.

And I love traveler having all the cute skits with Paimon available immediately but you don’t get heart xp for using them so it feels like a waste of a slot.

I unno. This is so dumb. I was just thinking how much I wanted a healer with a claymore, realized noelle was one, but that I wasn’t using her cuz I had her maxed out.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Most Hu Taos are going to have XQ in their party unless you are doing something nutty like triple pyro fischl.

My only good carry right now is Diluc, so I'm super interested in non-XQ Hu Tao comps. If Hu Tao/XL/Benny/Fish winds up being a thing in abyss (without whale tier gear) I'll be pretty happy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

kater posted:

Man the character affection xp or whatever it’s called sucks. So okay great I got my initial team maxed out easily. And have been spreading the love around. Except doing overworld stuff benefits greatly from specific things. Like the minimap tracker stuff. Or having two anemos. Or sometimes you want a healer. Or the biggest one, having a drat claymore to mine with.

And I love traveler having all the cute skits with Paimon available immediately but you don’t get heart xp for using them so it feels like a waste of a slot.

I unno. This is so dumb. I was just thinking how much I wanted a healer with a claymore, realized noelle was one, but that I wasn’t using her cuz I had her maxed out.
You can swap off before claiming the majority of friendship XP rewards (dailies, leylines, ascension bosses, and wolf). My Xinyan/Amber/Lisa/Ninguang party is at friendship level 5 and they don't do anything, they just claim rewards. Childe has been at just barely over level 9 for months and I use him to farm elites 90% of the time. Random events give so little friendship XP it's not worth worrying about.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

No Wave posted:

You can swap off before claiming the majority of friendship XP rewards (dailies, leylines, ascension bosses, and wolf). My Xinyan/Amber/Lisa/Ninguang party is at friendship level 5 and they don't do anything, they just claim rewards. Childe has been at just barely over level 9 for months and I use him to farm elites 90% of the time. Random events give so little friendship XP it's not worth worrying about.

Yup. I have a team slot just for my "claim for friendship" team. I need that adorable Diona player banner.

That said, I really wish we had more than 4 team slots..... makes it annoying to play around with comps.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Hu Tao seems kind of meh. Not sure I like the trend of hurting yourself to do damage.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

I feel like the math was something like 45 days of dailies and resin to get to 10

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Yup. I have a team slot just for my "claim for friendship" team. I need that adorable Diona player banner.

That said, I really wish we had more than 4 team slots..... makes it annoying to play around with comps.
Yeah I was hoping to get more slots in a new patch. It seems odd to have the option to name your comps when there are only four of them.

Tsyni posted:

I feel like the math was something like 45 days of dailies and resin to get to 10
I think that's only if you do all 10 random events per day. It's closer to 60 if you don't count those.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Hu Tao seems kind of meh. Not sure I like the trend of hurting yourself to do damage.

It's really not that big of a deal. As long as you run any decent healer, it's very easy to keep her from dying between the support and her burst. Also her giant HP pool makes it really easy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hu tao has the highest base health and defense in the game and she scales harder on hp than she does with other bonus so she ends up with like 46k life. Even with the HP shred mechanic shes one of the tankiest characters in the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I barely hit 25k hp with a hp sands....

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

I would give you my C6 Chong if I could. I don't use him at all.

FYI I just got my Chongyun C6 off this banner and it's pretty insane running 2pc Noblesse and 2pc Blizzard. And this is using the BP weapon at R1:

You should try him out, he's pretty outstanding with Bennet + Anemo + whatever resonance you want. Burst crits will pull 45k or more with the right comp.

My Zhongli is at 34k with Homa and no HP artifacts and the damage is considerably better than putting HP in at any slot. Unless Wu Tao's HP scaling is considerably better, is there any reason to go above 35k or so at the expense of ATK/Pyro/Crit?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HP gives twice as much damage to Hu Tao as ATK so you should sacrifice ATK for HP when possible (atk% is still better than flat HP). So you want HP sands, pyro cup, crit helmet.

Zhong Li's scaling is totally different.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I'm thrilled that she has the same issue as Keqing where she needs to spend all of her stamina on charge attacks. It means that I get to save my primos.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Seems like there is no business logic to check for when you use condensed resin i.e. getting more artifacts than what you would receive with only resin, so you can go over the 1000 artifact cap via this. The dev Q&A do acknowledge that the domain do not acknowledge condensed resin when you enter either, so it makes sense that the same developers would make the same oversight.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Nah you’re allowed to go over 1000, but then you can’t claim anything that would give you more artifacts (bosses, domains, etc) until you’re under cap again.

I’ve been hovering near the limit for a while now. I really wish they would increase it a bit.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Please send me all these extra artifacts you're getting because even with only one +20 set I'm constantly needing more.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tsyni posted:

No Wave posted:

I think that's only if you do all 10 random events per day. It's closer to 60 if you don't count those.

I just finished off my initial party comp at friendship level 10 like two days ago. First Razor, then Ningguang and finally Kaeya.

Araganzar posted:

FYI I just got my Chongyun C6 off this banner and it's pretty insane running 2pc Noblesse and 2pc Blizzard. And this is using the BP weapon at R1:

You should try him out, he's pretty outstanding with Bennet + Anemo + whatever resonance you want. Burst crits will pull 45k or more with the right comp.

My Zhongli is at 34k with Homa and no HP artifacts and the damage is considerably better than putting HP in at any slot. Unless Wu Tao's HP scaling is considerably better, is there any reason to go above 35k or so at the expense of ATK/Pyro/Crit?

One day I'll be getting these numbers too. So far I'm hitting 8 or 9k at best after ice swirling them first.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I don't know how anyone can refrain from immediately foddering any artifact that isn't worth saving. I'm never above 200/1000 for long

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oh also don't forget to claim your 2 scraps of character EXP today. So excited for tomorrow's 3 fowl!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

leyline thing being one week is nuts, should run it till july.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I finally farmed up enough Basalt Pillars for Zhongli only to realize what an absolute blocker the gems are at level 80 if you're not leveling your first character of that element. Yikes. It looks like I need to run nothing but Geo Hypostasis for the next week but I also need artifacts and talents and mora and xp. In some ways I'm grateful for resin (because I'd probably be playing an unhealthy amount if it didn't exist), but it sure puts a damper on the fun at the end of the game.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Well, I hit pity, but got Jean instead of Hu Tao. On the one hand, I'm happy because Xiao is one of my carries and she seems to be a really good foil to him. On the other hand, I really wanted Hu Tao. Going to resist the urge to :shepspends:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Corla Plankun posted:

I finally farmed up enough Basalt Pillars for Zhongli only to realize what an absolute blocker the gems are at level 80 if you're not leveling your first character of that element. Yikes. It looks like I need to run nothing but Geo Hypostasis for the next week but I also need artifacts and talents and mora and xp. In some ways I'm grateful for resin (because I'd probably be playing an unhealthy amount if it didn't exist), but it sure puts a damper on the fun at the end of the game.

Don't forget about the transmutation dust!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think I got to 40 of the pyro flowers to get enough crystals for one 90. But yeah the xmute is prolly useful.