Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

weekly bosses really help you keep up a little stream of trash you can upgrade and convert, because yeah even just chunk drop rates are low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

gandlethorpe posted:

Don't forget about the transmutation dust!

I was annoyed at first that the dust was from the shop but it was relatively cheap, you got a bunch from the lantern festival and you use hardly any of it per transmute.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If I’ve got a dozen moons and want to invest in Huutie is there a general preference for how to approach? I basically have zero resources besides 800 weapon stones, but no dps pikes leveled. So I need xp books, boss ascension drops, talent books, weapon ascension tokens, and... i unno just feels like I’m forgetting something. Oh artifacts. Hu Tao is glads pref? Or bolide obviously.

I unno I was just wondering if there’s an order people like to take, most the advice I remember is just ‘do everything!’

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Figure out the highest density routes for her mats and farm those instead of trying to clear out the map every day. Since Hu Tao needs Whopperflower juice, just hit up the 4 or 5 spots that have 2x flowers that spawn and you'll get there over time without burning out.

I would personally do artifacts first since her best set(s) come from the fire dungeon where she herself isn't that useful so you can't even really use her in there. So might as well get her artifacts first and then use her to farm her own mats later.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Corla Plankun posted:

I finally farmed up enough Basalt Pillars for Zhongli only to realize what an absolute blocker the gems are at level 80 if you're not leveling your first character of that element. Yikes. It looks like I need to run nothing but Geo Hypostasis for the next week but I also need artifacts and talents and mora and xp. In some ways I'm grateful for resin (because I'd probably be playing an unhealthy amount if it didn't exist), but it sure puts a damper on the fun at the end of the game.

FWIW I spent over 800 resin to get enough for one level 90.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

gandlethorpe posted:

Don't forget about the transmutation dust!

Omg I 100% forgot! Thank you for the reminder.

It doesn't seem worth it to take everyone to 90 but i want all my faves to get that trickle xp at 80+ anyway.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

gandlethorpe posted:

I don't know how anyone can refrain from immediately foddering any artifact that isn't worth saving. I'm never above 200/1000 for long

I understand holding onto a wide variety and a few copies, but a THOUSAND?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

kater posted:

If I’ve got a dozen moons and want to invest in Huutie is there a general preference for how to approach? I basically have zero resources besides 800 weapon stones, but no dps pikes leveled. So I need xp books, boss ascension drops, talent books, weapon ascension tokens, and... i unno just feels like I’m forgetting something. Oh artifacts. Hu Tao is glads pref? Or bolide obviously.

I unno I was just wondering if there’s an order people like to take, most the advice I remember is just ‘do everything!’

Crimson Witch 4pc is her best set but 4pc Bolide might be worth using if you have Homa and Zhongli since shields are really good for helping her stay under 50% HP safely.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Even with low talent levels and underleveled char/weapon hutao does a ton of damage. She kills poo poo much quicker than my level 90 diluc with an 80 wolf's gravestone. As long as you manage your stamina she is pretty great.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think I want to use Heart of Depth on Hu. I don't get how she wants CW at all.

after trying it i don't want heart of depth on hu.

kater fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Mar 4, 2021

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

moush posted:

Even with low talent levels and underleveled char/weapon hutao does a ton of damage. She kills poo poo much quicker than my level 90 diluc with an 80 wolf's gravestone. As long as you manage your stamina she is pretty great.

This is the exact opposite of my experience (at low levels). She does a lot less damage than ning/razor/ganyu and is way more finicky. I'm fairly disappointed and wondering whether or not to bother with levelling her and her things up fully.

e: Zhong treatment, por favor :colbert:

valuum fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 4, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm not sure how it's possible for your razor to outdamage Hu Tao. Her numbers are just bigger, she just plain does more damage than anyone besides Ganyu (power creep is here). She's possibly the most level-dependent character in the game, is that the problem?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 4, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Went on a tear to get pyro artifacts for Hu Tao and if pyro res ever becomes at all necessary or relevant, boy am I covered!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kater posted:

leyline thing being one week is nuts, should run it till july.

double rewards feel like they should be the baseline you always expect, not a special event

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
This thread is a rollercoaster of me bouncing between glad and worried that I got Hu Tao.

I was happy to have a 5* pyro carry in my roster but it seems like a lot of people dunking on the playstyle or disputing her real efficacy. I can't level her up to see myself because these lovely flowers will take days more to repopulate.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

I'm not sure how it's possible for your razor to outdamage Hu Tao. Her numbers are just bigger, she just plain does more damage than anyone besides Ganyu (power creep is here). She's possibly the most level-dependent character in the game, is that your issue?

A lot of people keep saying that this and that about powercreep but Diluc is still literally the overall benchmark everyone uses and both Ganyu and Hu-Tao have been "around diluc levels" by the mathing community. Top end whale speed comps still use Tartaglia as their benchmark. The extra damage comes with caveats.

Hell, in raw sustain damage there is a consensus that C6 ninguang + albedo has more single target damage than high end hu tao or ganyu teams. Optimal hu tao rotations on her team set up start to run into snags after like the third loop that lower her sustain.

And with all that said, Venti, the first banner character is STILL consider the only overall 6* unit in the game.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I love my Sucrose, but not having started playing until the Klee banner I've definitely felt the lack of a Venti when I coop with randoms who have him. It's dumb how much utility/control he spits out.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Cao Ni Ma posted:

C6 ninguang + albedo has more single target damage than high end hu tao or ganyu teams

:sickos:

love that a 4* neutral element unit is a top carry, helps balance out all the gacha brainworms

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

And with all that said, Venti, the first banner character is STILL consider the only overall 6* unit in the game.

Is this purely due to the crowd control power of his ult or what.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Scoss posted:

Is this purely due to the crowd control power of his ult or what.

Having an attack that actually hits targets repeatedly really helps.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

zgrowler2 posted:

:sickos:

love that a 4* neutral element unit is a top carry, helps balance out all the gacha brainworms

That's also her being paired with a banner limited 5 star.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Venti refunding 25% of his burst cost while being able to charge a teammate for 18-37% of theirs is also a big deal

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think Bennett is the only 6 star because he does his thing completely independent of enemy types or abyss buffs. In the current 12-3 Venti is merely great (I use him with freeze Ganyu for ult damage and swirl and energy).

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

No Wave posted:

I'm not sure how it's possible for your razor to outdamage Hu Tao. Her numbers are just bigger, she just plain does more damage than anyone besides Ganyu (power creep is here). She's possibly the most level-dependent character in the game, is that the problem?

Glad to hear it gets better/great, definitely sounds like a level problem. Only had a 50/50 of getting her so I didnt want to pre-farm disappointmentthe new mats, which she needs a lot of.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

ninjoatse.cx posted:

That's also her being paired with a banner limited 5 star.

oof, fair

doesn't help that elevator boy didn't really have a husbando/waifu hook to entice pulling

aquagremlin
Jan 16, 2005
Do we have any idea when the Venti rerun banner is expected? I'm trying to decide if I should keep trying for Hu Tao. I could really use a Pyro main DPS but pulled Qiqi instead.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

aquagremlin posted:

Do we have any idea when the Venti rerun banner is expected? I'm trying to decide if I should keep trying for Hu Tao. I could really use a Pyro main DPS but pulled Qiqi instead.
In two weeks. We'll find out tomorrow for sure when they do the stream but it's a fairly safe bet.

It's a hard choice to make. Having a pyro carry makes for really safe/easy build arounds but having Venti lets you say gently caress you to 11-2 which is very valuable for sanity.

Here are some of the comps I nine starred floor 12 with just to clarify that neither is really essential once you get far enough:

(point being, abyss 12 is just something you outgear eventually anyways)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 4, 2021

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Anyone have any tips for Floor 10 Chamber 3 (second half)?

Usually I would just dodge but these loving ice jails make it so I just die and die and die and die. Maybe I need to level up Diona for her ice shield?

Edit: Nevermind, I did it!!! I cheesed the shield down by dropping Guoba and Oz and constantly moving, and then got really lucky with Bennet ult timing,

Corla Plankun fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 4, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
drat, burned my guaranteed pity on Hu Tao. Well at least I can now pull for C6 Liyue bois aggressively.

Doesn't seem like we'll get a new 5* for a while anyway.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Looks like we should get a 1.4 preview stream this weekend. Judging by the announcement pic, the next banners will probably be Venti and Jean:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/lxha7q/version_14_livestream_announcement_march_6_at_800/

kater
Nov 16, 2010

zgrowler2 posted:

oof, fair

doesn't help that elevator boy didn't really have a husbando/waifu hook to entice pulling

:colbert:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I want both Venti and Jean.

So far I've gotten every 5 star I've rolled for except Klee.

My luck can't hold out for much longer, can it? :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if the jean banner ends up being where rosaria is added, I'd be pretty happy to roll it. she's the standard banner 5* I'd like to have the most

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'm playing Xiao with Sucrose as my battery so a Venti/Jean banner would be amazing. Venti is just a better battery and Jean means I could sub out sucrose and Benny and have a Xiao/Jean/Albedo/Zhong team and basically just annihilate everything while invincible.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a banner i can go in on for C2 Rosaria and C2 Jean is just too good

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I wonder how people would react if for the next 3 character banners Amber, Lisa and Kaeya were on them. Not all at once of course, but since it's gonna be the Mondstadt patch it would be appropriate I think.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
There doesn't seem to be much mechanical reason to pull for Hu Tao if you already have Diluc built. I do like her personality quite a bit! But that's not enough to justify a 5* pity anymore imo.

In my appraisal Genshin isn't very good as a "waifu/husbando collector" game compared to other gachas. I rolled for Zhongli based on his personality and story appearances. However, he felt so meh to play pre-buff that I pretty much ignored him until 1.3. I rolled for Ganyu mostly for her unique mechanics and bonkers DPS and have been very satisfied. Every character's idle animations, voice lines, running voice lines, etc get annoying after a few weeks.

I'm going try to save for Venti.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

There doesn't seem to be much mechanical reason to pull for Hu Tao if you already have Diluc built. I do like her personality quite a bit! But that's not enough to justify a 5* pity anymore imo.

In my appraisal Genshin isn't very good as a "waifu/husbando collector" game compared to other gachas. I rolled for Zhongli based on his personality and story appearances. However, he felt so meh to play pre-buff that I pretty much ignored him until 1.3. I rolled for Ganyu mostly for her unique mechanics and bonkers DPS and have been very satisfied. Every character's idle animations, voice lines, running voice lines, etc get annoying after a few weeks.

I'm going try to save for Venti.

I'm in the same boat except have Klee instead of Diluc. Klee owns so see no reason to pull hu tao. Gimme the wind boy.

And after ingnoring zhongli he is now on all my teams lol

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

And after ingnoring zhongli he is now on all my teams lol

They took him from being an okay support that a lot of people skipped out on to making him absolutely one of the most busted characters in the game.

Yes, I'm bitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Diluc/Klee really show their value in this Spiral Moon floors. So many things have ice shields, and you really need fire on demand. Amber and Bennet can knock down an ice shield really well, but fire once every 3 seconds just isn't enough. Splitting ice critters between two parties really sucks.