Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Popular culture

Tønsberg has been featured as a location in several films, most notably movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In the 2010 film Iron Man 2, it is mentioned to be a location under surveillance by S.H.I.E.L.D.[45] In the 2011 film Thor, it is established that centuries ago, Tønsberg was the invasion point of the Frost Giants of Jotunheim, who sought to conquer the Earth, before they were defeated by Odin and the forces of Asgard. Later in 2011, it is seen in Captain America: The First Avenger[45][46] as the location of a church where a sect of Odin worshipers served as the hiding place of a powerful artifact called the Tesseract, which is stolen during World War II by the Red Skull. In the 2019 film Avengers: Endgame the town is revealed to be where the Asgardians who survived the destruction of Asgard at the end of Thor: Ragnarok and Thanos' attack in the beginning of Avengers: Infinity War have made their new home, which they have named New Asgard.[45]

Tønsberg is also featured in the 2010 game Mount and Blade: Warband's Viking Conquest expansion as the capital of the Kingdom of Northvegr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
One study conducted at the Tijuana/San Diego border found that by asking groups intent on drinking to identify the designated driver prior to entering the bar district, the driver later returned with substantially lower BACs compared with the control groups.[7]

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

prefect posted:

One study conducted at the Tijuana/San Diego border found that by asking groups intent on drinking to identify the designated driver prior to entering the bar district, the driver later returned with substantially lower BACs compared with the control groups.[7]

baby got BAC

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

At the end of the summer, he chose to stay with NPR and abandon medicine, a decision that disappointed his parents. When he graduated from college, they placed a sardonic ad in the classified section of their local newspaper that read, "Corporate office seeks semiotics grad for high paying position."

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The name is a play on words: binchōtan (備長炭) is a kind of charcoal, which is mainly used for cooking. However, -tan is a suffix created by the mispronunciation by young children of -san, that led to the suffix -chan. Relating to this dajare, the main cast is the moe anthropomorphic representations of different types of charcoal.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

awesomeolion posted:

At the end of the summer, he chose to stay with NPR and abandon medicine, a decision that disappointed his parents. When he graduated from college, they placed a sardonic ad in the classified section of their local newspaper that read, "Corporate office seeks semiotics grad for high paying position."

and the boomers wonder why their kids don't call

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sagebrush posted:

and the boomers wonder why their kids don't call

if you fathered iraglass would you really want to be reminded of that with phone calls

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i hear he gets mad poon from young npr succlib ladies

also i guess he is himself a boomer so his folks must have just been the traditional unpleasable jewish parents

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

also i guess he is himself a boomer so his folks must have just been the traditional unpleasable jewish parents

they probably didn't want him to become a fuckup artist like his cousin philip

Winty
Sep 22, 2007

quote:

A mixed White Russian cocktail.
White Dominance, 2020, Hiroyuki Nishigaki. 100,000 gallons of paint, 20,000 cubic feet of plexiglass. Currently on display at the SFMoMA.

Winty fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 5, 2021

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

awesomeolion posted:

have to wonder how many replies they got

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

PCjr sidecar posted:

if you fathered iraglass would you really want to be reminded of that with phone calls

Act One: you were a terrible father.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The technique is popular with dog trainers, but can be used for all kinds of domestic and wild animals and small children.[2]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I prefer the domestic small children myself.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im a large undomesticated manchild

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Donald_Trump_giving_thumbs_up

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
He asks her to tell Boyd that "just because a person didn't show up doesn't mean that the person doesn't care about them," referencing a setup earlier in the movie where Jane defended Jonas by telling Braverman the story of a 5-year-old Jonas waiting in vain for four days for his mother to return, for many years while living in an orphanage holding steadfast to the belief that one day she indeed would. (The line is also found in the 1999 film adaptation of Graham Greene's The End of the Affair.)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

for four days, for many years

many such durations!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
The eyes of David, with a warning glare, were fixated towards Rome.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

they gave it an NC-17 rating due to the visibility of pubic hair on Lavash's scrotum during the climactic food orgy scene

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i googled

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i am annoyed that neither "list of martians" nor "list of fictional martians" exists :doom:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

there are a lot of fictional martians!

youve got:
- looney tunes guy
- matt damon
- the ones from zak mckracken
. like 5-10 larry niven stories, i forget what theyre called. theyre small and dry?
- kim stanley robinson
- that lovecraft(?) one with the music

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Mar 6, 2021

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

A beached whale carcass should not be consumed.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

In 2013, the Jewish erotica website Jewrotica.org named her one of the world's ten sexiest rabbis.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Devonaut posted:

citation needed

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Devonaut posted:

is that a dare?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

The rise in popularity of pomade led to the emergence of an online pomade community

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Devonaut posted:

flagged for icelandic hate

jk whale is only good if it’s a byproduct of research expeditions

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

PCjr sidecar posted:

flagged for icelandic hate

jk whale is only good if it’s a byproduct of research expeditions

nah, those research expeditions are only researching how long whale meat can go unsold

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i ate a bit of whale once

extremely tasty

i will never eat it again

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Devonaut posted:

the correct behavior is to blow it up with dynamite

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

the correct behavior is to blow it up with dynamite

a challenging task

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
mods namechange to Unusually Shaped Vegetable

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

gamma-Nonalactone is a chemical compound found in bourbon whiskey.[1]

That's the entire article

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

who put the dip in the dip-de-dip-de-dip
who put the gam in the gamma-nonalactone
who was that maaan, id like to shake his haaand
he made my wiki fall in love with meee

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

mods namechange to Unusually Shaped Vegetable
dibs on Normal Body Plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sax faced many brushes with death. Over the course of his childhood, he:

- fell from a height of three floors, hit his head on a stone and could barely stand afterwards.
- at the age of three, drank a bowl full of acidic water and later swallowed a pin.
- burnt himself seriously in a gunpowder explosion.
- fell onto a hot cast-iron frying pan, burning his side.
- survived an accidental poisoning from keeping varnished items in his bedroom during the night.
- was hit on the head by a rock
- fell into a river and nearly died.

His mother once said that "he's a child condemned to misfortune; he won't live." His neighbors called him "little Sax, the ghost".[8][9]