Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video game joke, sunsoft style:

Knock knock
Who’s there?
Luke
Luke who?
Luke through the Nintendo keyhole and you’ll see me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This isn’t Amazing Island for the GameCube

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ground beef, fat retained to stir-fry onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, bell pepper, broccoli, dandelion greens. sauce was doubanjiang, sesame oil, mirin, soy sauce, white pepper, a dash of five-spice. finished with egg ribbons and scallion greens

Right now drinking some green tea with lemon to balance the humors lol

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 4, 2021

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Relax Or DIE posted:

literally zero going in blind

Then I will offer no advice. I'm sincerely looking forward to your trip reports. It's one of my favorite games despite never beating the final boss. I've got the strategy guide around here somewhere.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm gonna offer advice for romancing saga minstrel song.

Listen to the intro song, it's pretty nice.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh my god I just realized that hamtaro should totally be a smash bros fighter

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My advice for Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song: enjoy it, because it is extremely good

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i kinda like the basic setup of dark cloud 2, but i wish everything wasn't so slow. do i really need to hand select the dungeon key every time? why can i not sort my inventory by components? did synthesis really require this many button inputs? why are party members automatically healed when leaving a dungeon but the mech isn't refueled? the first dungeon entrance requires you to go up or down a ladder each time. et cetera

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

i kinda like the basic setup of dark cloud 2, but i wish everything wasn't so slow. do i really need to hand select the dungeon key every time? why can i not sort my inventory by components? did synthesis really require this many button inputs? why are party members automatically healed when leaving a dungeon but the mech isn't refueled? the first dungeon entrance requires you to go up or down a ladder each time. et cetera

Thats the level 5 touch

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Any similar but better/more polished games? I mean the dungeon crawling part mostly.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Real hurthling! posted:

Power rangers battle for the grid is a great game
how in the world did this end up good and not terrible

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Any similar but better/more polished games? I mean the dungeon crawling part mostly.

If you like most of the game except the dungeon crawling part, you might look at the DC2 speedrun that is like...five or six hours long. They build a super fast ridepod that can oneshot like every enemy and skip through all the dungeon stuff as fast as possible

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If you like most of the game except the dungeon crawling part, you might look at the DC2 speedrun that is like...five or six hours long. They build a super fast ridepod that can oneshot like every enemy and skip through all the dungeon stuff as fast as possible

i meant kinda the opposite. a similar chill dungeon crawler that's just less tedious, more QoL-conscious.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

i meant kinda the opposite. a similar chill dungeon crawler that's just less tedious, more QoL-conscious.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is pretty chill unless you're going for like 100% completion but even then it's pretty chill usually

e: that goes for most of the Mystery Dungeon games that are licensed titles, like the Dragon Quest one (Torneko) or the Final Fantasy one (Chocobo Dungeon)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What about Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Everybuddy!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just wanted to type "everybuddy"

Edit:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The United States posted:

how in the world did this end up good and not terrible

Its just fun as gently caress with ggpo netcode

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does it have anyone from lightspeed rescue

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Idk anything about power rangers but its got dudes i never seen as a 90s kid for sure

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I doubt they'd make a power rangers game without zords somehow so does it have any power rangers with the train zords

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I doubt they'd make a power rangers game without zords somehow so does it have any power rangers with the train zords

It has the zords fighting in the background and you can have them step on your opponent or shoot laser beams etc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Not gonna lie that's kinda lame but I get it

e: more video games should be brave enough to let you fight hideously one-sided battles of giant mechs vs tiny humans like xenogears did

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 4, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

judging by youtube thumbnails, some people really liked pokemon explorers of sky

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rinkles posted:

judging by youtube thumbnails, some people really liked pokemon explorers of sky

and that one guy really loves uber for some reason

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I appreciate it when third person games have a first person view. Pretty rare, especially nowadays. (Dark Cloud 2)

This is holding up well, I'm assuming some remake or update going on but the art style itself works well still.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats just what a lot of ps2 games look like when you increase their internal resolution

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

homeless snail posted:

thats just what a lot of ps2 games look like when you increase their internal resolution

Remembering how non-quite right ripped models of Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 things looked when people first started showing off how they looked in model viewers.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

yeah it's just fairly stock settings PCSX2, with a widescreen hack

@1080p

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 4, 2021

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Strive delayed until June, now there is litchrelly nothing to play for the first half of 2021. The Year of No Games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have over 150 hours of games in my backlog and that's just stuff that came out in the past 6 months...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

exquisite tea posted:

Strive delayed until June, now there is litchrelly nothing to play for the first half of 2021. The Year of No Games.

Take this time to git gud at your preferred Soulsborne or music game! I recommend Taiko no Tatsujin or Sekiro, personally. Or DDR doubles. Or Rocksmith. Or Shadow Tower. Or uh, Technomotion? Yeah sure.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Go play a citybuilding/management game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Those are Wife Games not Me Games. Shoot shoot shoot kill kill kill boom headshot!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

This is me right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MwtHSkKPnc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Those are Wife Games not Me Games. Shoot shoot shoot kill kill kill boom headshot!!

There are definitely building games that have you shooting at some point or another, but they're all at least military-adjacent.

Only exception I can think of is RCT3 where you have a tranquilizer rifle for when animals escape.

Go play some railgun games, like typing of the dead overkill.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

FirstAidKite posted:

Go play a citybuilding/management game

Speaking of, anyone know how Nebuchadnezzar turned out?

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Help I'm becoming addicted to watching this guy play Geoguessr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4guW7aYXc

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
no YOU started as Claudia and spent an embarrassingly long time lost in Mazewood

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Only had enough time to play a tiny bit more of FF X but this Lulu girl seems to love belts a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
she will never be visible from the waist down in FMVs after her intro