Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Cessna posted:

Okay, dumb question. Is there an F1 TV app I can download to my smart TV? As it is I stream it through my phone app and then cast it to the TV.

You can if you've got an Android TV, but there are a few steps you need to take to side load it onto your TV as it doesn't show up in the app store.
That's all moot because it looks and runs like dog poo poo on your TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Have you considered using an illegal kodi stream to watch f1 instead of giving them money

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

track day bro! posted:

Have you considered using an illegal kodi stream to watch f1 instead of giving them money

I used it every race since they put a delay on their stream for 48 hours.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

I grab an illegal website stream but it’s always garbage

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Aston Watermelon

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Oh also lol @ Ferrari

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

has anyone said aston fartin yet

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Check out Lawrence stroll.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Strolls own

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lawrence is the oligarch we need, but not the oligarch we deserve. Mazepin's dad is the one we deserve.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

An f1 team, which is why Lance has a drive

Ffs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dirk Pitt posted:

lol it's like someone dressed ray liotta up as sean connery

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the corona quid posted:

The Strolls own

Unironically waiting for the Netflix dramatisation of how they saved Canada from extinction.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Dirk Pitt posted:

He looks like the captain from Space Mutiny

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

the paradigm shift posted:

this is awesome

i just wish they'd caption poo poo

I've found that on my Roku, captions work though I can't vouch for their accuracy. On the desktop and mobile apps though, no such luck.

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

About time. It was pretty annoying that there weren't dedicated pages for each season. It's still not perfect but moving in the right direction.

Just finished 1992. All this drama over the Williams seat was hilarious and so was Johnny Herbert going out the first lap of half the races.

I'm on the last race of 1991, about to learn about Prost's meltdown. Excited to know that 1992 will offer more top-level team shenanigans.

DevCore posted:

I'm still waiting for the Chromecast functionality, they're so behind on that.

Yes, I like watching on my living room TV but the only way to do it is to Cast from my main PC browser or to Cast my entire phone's screen, which means I can't also use my phone while watching. They say they're adding native Chromecast support to the apps sometime this year, but I'm not keeping my hopes up based on how crappy the apps are in general.

Cessna posted:

Okay, dumb question. Is there an F1 TV app I can download to my smart TV? As it is I stream it through my phone app and then cast it to the TV.

If it's a Roku TV there is a channel store app for it, if it's an Android TV you can sideload the F1TV app (no idea how though). For anything else you're out of luck I think.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

It would be so much easier if they brought the app to PS. How hard can that be? I mean, if Red Bull could do it...

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Lawrence is the oligarch we need, but not the oligarch we deserve. Mazepin's dad is the one we deserve.

bernie was the best and i miss him

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I stream it from my steam link. Just open the F1TV webpage and launch a video fullscreen. then turn on steam link, close big picture mode and it will just display whatever is on your desktop.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Absolutely loving dying at them having the Russian flag on the front wing.
https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/1367386180388593664

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

F1 doing a stellar job upholding that ban on the use of the Russian flag.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

njsykora posted:

:ussr:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Gene Haas is really desperate to put in as little money as he can, isn't he? Branding the American team with a Russian flag because he needs the Russian sex pest's dad's money is shameless.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Tsaedje posted:

Gene Haas is really desperate to put in as little money as he can, isn't he? Branding the American team with a Russian flag because he needs the Russian sex pest's dad's money is shameless.

I mean I can't blame him, it's an embarrassingly poo poo team and I imagine he's pissed off with himself for thinking that listening to Gunther was a good idea.

Also lol that the silly season rumours about VW buying Williams have circled back around.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

I stream it from my steam link. Just open the F1TV webpage and launch a video fullscreen. then turn on steam link, close big picture mode and it will just display whatever is on your desktop.

Holy poo poo somebody actually bought one of those??

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Some smoothbrain put the full 3D model of the FW43B into the AR app. Link

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Why did the team designing the car give the 3D model to some marketing clowns?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Claire would have never allowed that to happen!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

njsykora posted:

lol

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Maybe Williams releasing the model is them trying to crowdsource the task of fixing their shithouse car.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I mean I can't blame him, it's an embarrassingly poo poo team and I imagine he's pissed off with himself for thinking that listening to Gunther was a good idea.

Also lol that the silly season rumours about VW buying Williams have circled back around.

He thought he was big braining his way into F1 with his buy everything off the shelf plan and it turns out no you do actually need to spend money on F1 to have success. Blame rests on him.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Worked for Racing Point, though. You just have to buy off the winning shelf.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Siri show me a metaphor for the US government 2016-2020.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Rebus posted:

How does that even happen

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rebus posted:

I'm not sure of the polite way to say this, Rebus, but no one is going to copy your work.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wasn't FRICS first seen on a Caterham, and then copied by the rest of the pack? Blind hen etc.

e: I don't mean you, Rebus, with the blind hen, just that some technological advancements came from teams that weren't directly running for WCC.

tuo fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 4, 2021

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Rebus posted:

The other teams all rush to import the model into their own systems to see if there's anything they can steal/need to worry about... then remember it's Williams and delete it.

Seeing the car untextured shows how ridiculously feathery and complicated the bargeboards have become. If the FIA wants to cut costs and equalise aero development, they could go a long way by just saying "Cut that poo poo out and make it flat."

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

They tried that couple years ago and hosed up the regulations. That's when the cars became so long, as it cleared a certain area for "do whatever you want"-aerostuff. That the FIA never walked this back instead of now allowing it is baffling to me.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rebus posted:

lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wow Gene very pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

njsykora posted:

Because of the heavy Russian influence of this year's car I am pulling my support from what I thought was America's team, Haas.