Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Awesome. I’m going to give it a try tonight, along with the added sleeping dose, well that or another barf and then drag people back in , thanks.

I hope I'm giving you all the needed info; it's been awhile since I did that run. You should also disable cameras first, ofc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

I think they were just singling out far away exits for a bit to make it hard to shoot and run and pray that no one sees your sloppy work.
The car exit was absolutely capable of ruining SA in 2016 and there's basically zero chance of you shooting both targets and not being immediately spotted without doing a bunch of setup first, at which point you're not just shooting and running so this seems unlikely to me. Was the ICA space program a thing when they put this together? Maybe the extra run is to give time for the bodies to come back down :v:

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yes the fact that they vault them afterwards is the only real negative. Bring them back and let me use them in Contract or hell, even build an Escalation around them. They're worth it.
Yeah, it's annoying because the "ooh this target only ever appears once, how exciting" stuff was always just cover for the usual games industry FOMO nonsense but it's especially laughable now that some of the targets have appeared 3 or more times.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

I hope I'm giving you all the needed info; it's been awhile since I did that run. You should also disable cameras first, ofc.

Don’t worry I only play on casual at the moment, with the exception of Hawkes Bay, so cameras won’t be an issue. I’m just thrilled to know it is possible. I basically play the hell out of a map and then increase difficulty.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Has anyone been able to pull off Canary in a Server Farm (any difficulty) on Haven with only targets killed? I’ve only found one or two failed attempts on YouTube and a thread on steam discussing it. What I want to try is first emetic poison in the ventilation system, then knock out the three techs on top and move the bodies, rip out the servers, then use a sedative, move all the enforcer bodies, and then finally lethal poison. Hell if I can just get it to only their enforcers, that seems to be an achievement in and of itself.

Also I love how you can jump around to any missions, it’s really refreshing to just be able to do that or view any cutscene. I’ve been loving this game so much and the older missions too. I’ve actually got a decent amount done. The best part is even though I’ve watch comps and tips videos on YouTube all the time, pulling it off still feels totally satisfying.

Honestly I’d upgrade to the deluxe edition if I had any confidence I could do escalations. Oh well the user created content is good too....I also love the people who made xp farm maps.

I did it by methodically choking out everyone down there. It took a while.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yes the fact that they vault them afterwards is the only real negative. Bring them back and let me use them in Contract or hell, even build an Escalation around them. They're worth it.

Its sad how many of us expected this to change in Hitman 3, and this being the end of the series... and then its exactly the same.

Also funny how IOI made a tweet about "We can't wait to share with you the changes to ETs!" a few months ago, then... silence... and then ETs come out and are exactly the same.

What changes? :iiam:

E: Lol the website still says it

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-game-modes/

quote:

In HITMAN 3, we’re making some changes to the Elusive Target formula that we’ll reveal at a later date.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

We've only seen a repeat ET so far, maybe the changes are to the H3 originals? :shrug:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Maybe they’ll make the ETs permanent once they EoL Hitman 3? That’d be the day.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

Maybe they’ll make the ETs permanent once they EoL Hitman 3? That’d be the day.

This would probably happen if they also decided to bin the always-online requirement for unlocking things, but I'm not convinced that will be for some time, if ever :(

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Weird question - but are all the alternate missions outside of the main campaign 'canon'?

I'd assumed the alternate missions weren't (ie things like The Icon/Landslide and the ETs) except I recently noticed a news report about Dino Bosco during a later campaign mission, so presumably The Icon is, and The Censor ET is mentioned similarly on a news broadcast.

Is there anything in the Patient Zero campaign that ties it back to the main campaign?

Oybek Nabazov is mentioned in the Constant's tower on Sgail.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Weirdly, they actually don't go anywhere -- you just can't access them. If you hack the game just so, you can load in an ET map in the Contracts Mode creator and somehow save it as a playable contract, subject to all the same restrictions and extra dialogue (for example, The Undying will have the special start location restrictions, The Prince will have the closed off trespassing churchyard, etc.).

Same deal with the holiday maps. H2 even had a Holiday Hoarders contract on Santa Claus. As long as the altered map ever did exist, it seems like it can be made to exist. IO just doesn't want it to exist, so it can only be done with hacking. And no, I don't know how to do the hacking; if I did, believe me, I'd do some crazy poo poo.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I like these games but something about the way the way the level access works really loving sucks.

I got through Hitman: The Complete First Season and thought I had Hitman 2 completely installed along with the bonus missions. Then I got through 3 locations on HM2 but now 2 levels are telling me to "get access"? Apparently this is a known issue and the only workaround I can find is to completely reinstall the game. When I poked around my Xbone it said the game was "installed in 2 places" so I don't know what the gently caress.

Those locations were definitely there before.

Does this have anything to do with needing to be "always online"? Because god forbid my internet connection gets shaky for 2 minutes I guess.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BiggerBoat posted:

I like these games but something about the way the way the level access works really loving sucks.

I got through Hitman: The Complete First Season and thought I had Hitman 2 completely installed along with the bonus missions. Then I got through 3 locations on HM2 but now 2 levels are telling me to "get access"? Apparently this is a known issue and the only workaround I can find is to completely reinstall the game. When I poked around my Xbone it said the game was "installed in 2 places" so I don't know what the gently caress.

Does this have anything to do with needing to be "always online"? Because god forbid my internet connection gets shaky for 2 minutes I guess.

Okay are you playing Hitman 2 or Hitman 3? And which Xbox are you on?

This is likely a console thing.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Zaphod42 posted:

Its sad how many of us expected this to change in Hitman 3, and this being the end of the series... and then its exactly the same.

Also funny how IOI made a tweet about "We can't wait to share with you the changes to ETs!" a few months ago, then... silence... and then ETs come out and are exactly the same.

What changes? :iiam:

E: Lol the website still says it

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-game-modes/

Later*

*Never

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Okay are you playing Hitman 2 or Hitman 3? And which Xbox are you on?

This is likely a console thing.

Xbone. Hitman 2 and already have The Complete First Season installed.

I'm just doing a complete clean reinstall and then I'll go see if my HM1 poo poo is on there. Something whacked out. It started telling me I needed the game installed to play it and it was right there. I don't think it's a console thing because I tried a few of my others and HM2 was the only one giving me poo poo.

It even had my ratings listed for the levels I'd beaten once so it knows the game is there. Just was prompting me to "gain access" for the last two locations.

Maybe they never fully installed the first time (?) which is possible because jesus christ they take forever but I seem to recall seeing them as playable before.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Don't do that, just go to the store pages and force install the individual levels. it's a bug with Hitman's modularity and a full reinstall doesn't always correct it as well as just telling it to install individual missing pieces in the Xbox store

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Awesome. I’m going to give it a try tonight, along with the added sleeping dose, well that or another barf and then drag people back in , thanks.

I didn't have this challenge so I decided to try it. As soon as you gas the server room it summons Tyson who runs to reach the server room. His bodyguard also comes, but doesn't run. So you need to get to his body and pull it out of sight before his bodyguard shows up. Unfortunately, this means that if you use the sedative method you won't get dialogue with all three of them. Ludmilla's bodyguard also shows up when she comes down but he should be the last person to enter the room (because Ludmilla doesn't run to get to the server, so Bradley always gets there first) so you should be able to knock him out by hand and remove him from the scene before using the poison.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo21FO24H0U

Triple kill with the rowboat.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Rube Goldberg rear end game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Wow, I can't believe none of the guards got killed and he got SA. That's incredible.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

text editor posted:

Don't do that, just go to the store pages and force install the individual levels. it's a bug with Hitman's modularity and a full reinstall doesn't always correct it as well as just telling it to install individual missing pieces in the Xbox store

Oh gently caress. Thanks for the kind advice but...too late.

These levels take forever to install for some reason. Like each one is its own game. I think what happened is when I bought and installed HM2, my xbox went to sleep and only gave me 3 levels. Plus, I seem to recall that it started to download and then told me my HD didn't have enough room so I switched it over to my external and I think that's why my files were saying the game was "installed in 2 places"

SOrry to poo poo up the thread with tech support questions instead of just posting really cool ways I figured out to murder people but, good lord, I've never had this much of a problem getting a game to simply be playable. And I'm not even up to HM3 yet which I hear has its own issues.

Thanks again though.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Zaphod42 posted:

Wow, I can't believe none of the guards got killed and he got SA. That's incredible.

The guards are spaced far enough by design so they dont die when you drop the boat on the two who are supposed to be there.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DalaranJ posted:

I didn't have this challenge so I decided to try it. As soon as you gas the server room it summons Tyson who runs to reach the server room. His bodyguard also comes, but doesn't run. So you need to get to his body and pull it out of sight before his bodyguard shows up. Unfortunately, this means that if you use the sedative method you won't get dialogue with all three of them. Ludmilla's bodyguard also shows up when she comes down but he should be the last person to enter the room (because Ludmilla doesn't run to get to the server, so Bradley always gets there first) so you should be able to knock him out by hand and remove him from the scene before using the poison.

Awesome much appreciated. I didn’t get a chance to try it last night, mostly finishing off the other remaining missions I had for the first time. It’s funny how much easier Hokkaido is then Colorado initially. Granted I was also fine with whacking Yuki’s two bodyguards. Right now I’m grinding China for the sniper rifle. It’s funny how you can beat the game so straight forward, rather quickish, but I swear the fun doesn’t truly get started (not that the game isn’t fun initially lol) once you start unlocking stuff and can do so many goofy things and faster too.

Also how do challenge unlocks work exactly? I didn’t realize you can complete a challenge and reload, before doing the mission and it stays unlocked (like an achievement) and the XP is just banked until the next time the mission is completed, is it just from a particular save being competed, which is fine.

I have a great idea on killing just a bunch of times and then finishing up gassing Royce to finish her challenges.

It’s a shame the drone is the only way to get her outside. I’m assuming after killing hush, even if you did it, she’ll call him and get no answer and just remain inside. It’s not a huge deal, it just would be nice to optimize killing her quickly after hush, as much as possible.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 2, 2021

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The xp and any unlocks from challenges are awarded immediately, you just aren't informed until the next time you complete the level.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
That's why I'm enjoying the randomizer so much. Even in levels where you might have items memorized you'll find wacky items and you can just do goofy shenanigans.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pilchenstein posted:

The xp and any unlocks from challenges are awarded immediately, you just aren't informed until the next time you complete the level.

Oh cool. That means I can just keep doing unlocks and reloads and I don’t even need to bother finishing the level, that’s fantastic.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pilchenstein posted:

If anyone is still worried the elusive target might be too difficult or require any kind of skill at all, I threw together a quick video guide to the method I posted yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc0vi6W9r-Q

This saved my bacon, thank you. I haven't been in the mood for Hitman for the last week and wanted the suits, so perfect. Thank you so much.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StrixNebulosa posted:

This saved my bacon, thank you. I haven't been in the mood for Hitman for the last week and wanted the suits, so perfect. Thank you so much.

I came so close, but didn’t look for an exit and got killed running to where one normally is there. :lol:

Now I’m working on Miami and since I realized I can just created a save right as I complete the mission m unlocking stuff like crazy. I’m happy the IOI designed the system this way, it makes replaying things, being goofy, and just experimenting painless to try and not require an insane time sink. Getting the silent s pier rifle in China was so worth it to get the car snipe in Miami. I’m happy IOI doesn’t really lock things out based on difficulty. This really is the most accessible stealth action game ever, even more then MGS V (although that is up there).

Honestly and I know this sounds weird, but this is such a great way to teach problem solving and if you could create a non criminal or murder variant, it would be great for younger kids.

But hey I destroyed the bison population as a kid in school and I turned out fine. :v:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

But hey I destroyed the bison population as a kid in school and I turned out fine.into a murderous goon

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I came so close, but didn’t look for an exit and got killed running to where one normally is there. :lol:

Now I’m working on Miami and since I realized I can just created a save right as I complete the mission m unlocking stuff like crazy. I’m happy the IOI designed the system this way, it makes replaying things, being goofy, and just experimenting painless to try and not require an insane time sink. Getting the silent s pier rifle in China was so worth it to get the car snipe in Miami. I’m happy IOI doesn’t really lock things out based on difficulty. This really is the most accessible stealth action game ever, even more then MGS V (although that is up there).

Honestly and I know this sounds weird, but this is such a great way to teach problem solving and if you could create a non criminal or murder variant, it would be great for younger kids.

But hey I destroyed the bison population as a kid in school and I turned out fine. :v:

God I feel this. It's such a perfect flexible game that lets you poke and play with it so easily. I love it a lot!!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

StrixNebulosa posted:

God I feel this. It's such a perfect flexible game that lets you poke and play with it so easily. I love it a lot!!
This is why complaints about difficulty are always so laughable - the game is trivially easy if you play it slowly and carefully but plenty difficult if you're trying to do the levels quickly but perfectly, so everyone has a level they can play at.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Did the Deceivers in a really stupid way. Choked out the non-guards in the city hall office so the target's scripting there "broke" and he sat down for a cup of coffee outside the cafe. Then poisoned the glass in the wine cellar of the mansion. Pulled out my sniper rifle and sat on the balcony outside the lazy cook, then once the alert that one target hit, I sniped the second target then ran for the exit. Almost blew it because I needed a second sniper shot to bring the target down...

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Untitled Goose Game comes close.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Having finally completed the x17 challenges for Sniper and SASO I am very happy they left some leeway, because I'd really rather not do Bangkok or Colorado.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Even though it sucked poo poo, I have a certain pride in having done Bangkok and Colorado master SASO, since now it's not a requirement for any challenges, no one new to the game will ever do it. Probably won't ever bother doing the new levels on master though.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Pilchenstein posted:

On the subject of loving around:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ3gHT3OX7U
Edit: I keep meaning to ask if anyone knows why the back streets exit is disabled on this ET? I know the car exit could mow down a pedestrian and break SA in 2016 but I've no idea why they turned off the second closest exit other than "to be dicks" :v:

Wait - do they hit the first target with the emetic? Just..... how? I mean, I get it, but... wow.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-march-roadmap/

- Easter egg hunt event on Berlin
- The final deluxe escalation
- A non-deluxe escalation on Berlin
- Repeat of The Stowaway ET on Sgail

Still no mention of new ETs or what the changes to the ET formula are supposed to be

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

repiv posted:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-march-roadmap/

- Easter egg hunt event on Berlin
- The final deluxe escalation
- A non-deluxe escalation on Berlin
- Repeat of The Stowaway ET on Sgail

Still no mention of new ETs or what the changes to the ET formula are supposed to be

I like the graphics for these roadmaps :shobon:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Red Oktober posted:

Just..... how?
Practice :v:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I wonder what kind of dart gun that'll be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Based on the theme, it's probably a tranq/sleepytime dart. But gods do I want more emetics.