Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the only checkpoint race i'm interested in, is the daily quest in genshin you get sometimes where you have 20 seconds to climb a mountain and get more time as you kill slimes along the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Thanks everyone, think I'll go for BoTW first! :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy 20th birthday, PlayStation 2. This system had so many amazing games:
Tony Hawk 3
Resident Evil 4
Grand Theft Auto III
Vice City
San Andreas
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII
Devil May Cry
God of War
God of War 2
SoulCalibur 2
Time Splitters 2
Okami
Twisted Metal Black
Ico
Shadow of the Collosus
Dragon Quest VIII
Rogue Galaxy
Ace Combat 4
Persona 3
Persona 4
Devil Summoner 2
Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Red Faction
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
Bully
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Suikodan III
Katamari Damacy
Sly Cooper
Psychonauts
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Disgaea
Disgaea 2
Odin Sphere
Ring of Red
Fatal Frame
Soul Reaver 2
Max Payne
Dark Cloud

I am missing a whole bunch of stuff of course. Console was so good.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I said come in! posted:

Happy 20th birthday, PlayStation 2.

gently caress me I’m old. :negative:

Also you missed all the Bemani games. drat do I miss me some Pop’n Music.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dewgy posted:

gently caress me I’m old. :negative:

Also you missed all the Bemani games. drat do I miss me some Pop’n Music.

Not to make us feel even older, but I was off a year, PlayStation 2 is 21.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
That is a list of very very good games no matter your taste

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The best PS2 game was FFIX

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I am going through every Advance Wars game for some reason and gosh darnit I wish there were more of these- surely the revival of Fire Emblem post-Awakening signals that a new release would be successful?

Wargroove... was alright but not as good as the worst AW game

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Awesome new rune factory 5 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im1z6RHiVoQ

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I've never heard of this game but man this is a banger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuYnnm0MSf4

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

I am going through every Advance Wars game for some reason and gosh darnit I wish there were more of these- surely the revival of Fire Emblem post-Awakening signals that a new release would be successful?

Wargroove... was alright but not as good as the worst AW game
play daisenryaku

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

If I'm understanding my Japanese correctly then in this game I can date a catgirl :hmmyes:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.polygon.com/movies/2021/3/3/22311778/metal-gear-solid-2-ending-hypernormalisation

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

That's interesting and all, but what would mgs2 be if it was a dessert?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

Everything I've heard and seen about HZD makes it sound like completely my jam

I thought that too, and I'm 0/3 on attempts to play the game.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

play daisenryaku

Looks like the PS2/Xbox one is the best bet

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Please let me be a lesbian 😭

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I thought that too, and I'm 0/3 on attempts to play the game.
HZD starts out really good, but its biggest problem is that the shine wears off fairly quickly. You get full access to basically everything you can do very early in the game and from that point forward, all that is really left to look forward to is the Standard Ubisoft Open World Experience (and it's not even an Ubisoft game) and the plot.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Arrrthritis posted:

That's interesting and all, but what would mgs2 be if it was a dessert?

Something that looks like a delicious little round iced cake but when you cut into it, the frosting is just mayo and the cake is layers of ham.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
So technically it's really more like half a sandwich.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Cardiovorax posted:

HZD starts out really good, but its biggest problem is that the shine wears off fairly quickly. You get full access to basically everything you can do very early in the game and from that point forward, all that is really left to look forward to is the Standard Ubisoft Open World Experience (and it's not even an Ubisoft game) and the plot.

I was about to say the same thing about BotW, and the opposite about HZD. Nothing in BotW is as good as the first two hours on the plateau, while HZD doesn't really get started until after the Nora lands.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Soul Nomad is finally getting a re-release

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/stat...ingawful.com%2F

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

Looks like the PS2/Xbox one is the best bet
the ps2 one, daisenryaku VII exceed, in particular is an expansion over the xbox one. thats probably the best entry point for english speakers

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phantom Brave has already been on PC for awhile now.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Unreal_One posted:

I was about to say the same thing about BotW, and the opposite about HZD. Nothing in BotW is as good as the first two hours on the plateau, while HZD doesn't really get started until after the Nora lands.

Yeah one of the great things about HZD is that the story ends up in a completely different place from where it begins yet still answers all your initial questions in a consistently satisfying way. Also taking down each machine is a really unique experience requiring different strategies and loadouts. The gear is the least important part of the combat really.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Unreal_One posted:

I did have fun with it even for a few hours past the prologue, but by the time I found out that I had explored only half the map and there was not only another half of the world left to go through and that I had already long since unlocked every mechanic that the game ever gives you, I realized I just simply didn't like it that much. I could have spent twice again as long as the game and still not have done everything, and I just wasn't willing to do that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cardiovorax posted:

I did have fun with it even for a few hours past the prologue (i.e. the Nora area) but by the time I found out that I had explored only half the map and there was not only another half of the world left to go through, and that I had already long since unlocked every mechanic that the game ever gives you, I realized I just simply didn't like it that much. I could have spent twice again as long as the game and still not have done everything, and I just wasn't willing to do that.

That’s really not true of my experience at all, the machine types require completely different strategies for taking them down along with weapons you’re unlikely to have past the first couple hours of the game. Beating a Thunderjaw or a Stormbird is nothing like plinking out a watcher eye.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

They should remaster that Jeanne D'Arc PSP game, I seem to remember that being a good one of those games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

They should remaster that Jeanne D'Arc PSP game, I seem to remember that being a good one of those games
I think sony owns that, and it was developed by level 5, and i doubt either of them would be interested in that. PSP emulators are good, though

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

That’s really not true of my experience at all, the machine types require completely different strategies for taking them down along with weapons you’re unlikely to have past the first couple hours of the game. Beating a Thunderjaw or a Stormbird is nothing like plinking out a watcher eye.
I fought Stormbirds twice in my one and only foray into the western half of the map (really bad luck with spawns there) before I gave up on the game and I just didn't enjoy it at all. It takes forever, eats up insane amounts of resources, and the game makes it actively more difficult on you than it has to be because you can't aim straight up. There is a limited angle to how far up you can turn the camera and Stormbirds have an annoying tendency to hover right above you. It felt like everything that is least fun about Monster Hunter, a game which I otherwise love.

Worst of all, the reward was entirely random and not at all worth it.

Not going to advise anyone else to not play the game, because I certainly got my money's worth out of it, but it's definitely one of those games I'll never go back to and never finish.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 4, 2021

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rarity posted:

BotW is an Ubi game and that game is Immortal Fenyx Rising

pretty good one too, though it took me a while to get used to the :airquote:greek accents

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Whoever posted that Geoguessr thing I watched that video and that is just the most insane thing ever :stare:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

That game is really good, but it'll probably have to play it on a PSP emulator unfortunately.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Update: I have played the first 5 minutes of BoTW and it looks great but now I want to fight robot dinosaurs so am downloading H:ZD instead :eng99:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I loved both BotW and HZD for different reasons. Of the two I think BotW was the more memorable experience and the one I'm more likely to replay someday (on account of I've already played through twice and only played through HZD once), but HZD is also extremely good and has much more interesting combat.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Whoever posted that Geoguessr thing I watched that video and that is just the most insane thing ever :stare:

Good GeoGuessr players are a sight to behold.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

here's my geo guess: earth. boom. got it in one

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Weedle posted:

here's my geo guess: earth. boom. got it in one

Wrong, we're actually in the matrix

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

I did have fun with it even for a few hours past the prologue, but by the time I found out that I had explored only half the map and there was not only another half of the world left to go through and that I had already long since unlocked every mechanic that the game ever gives you, I realized I just simply didn't like it that much. I could have spent twice again as long as the game and still not have done everything, and I just wasn't willing to do that.

i thought this post was about BotW cause this is how i felt about that game

what kind of zelda game gives you all of your toys at the beginning???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Rarity posted:

Wrong, we're actually in the matrix

where do you think they store our goop pods