Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Pursuers get tougher as you go. Forest Guy < Betwixt Guy < Bastille Guys < Iron Keep Guy < Drangleic Guys (obviously since they are intensity 2 only)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Tenzarin posted:

Bustin makes me feel good.

skasion posted:

Yeah it’s really good. Also really good that they decided to trigger a bunch of hollows to wake up and starting beating on you while you bask in the glory of killing him :twisted:

Yeah, that almost killed me. I missed with my spear's R2 and almost got Et tu, Brute'd

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I’m going for a bit of pyromancy this run. What’s most important: focusing on leveling INT/FTH or getting fire seeds and reinforcing the flame?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The flame is more important.

Good luck getting chaos fireball

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Why won't my new controller arrive, I'm sure it's my controller's fault I suck now and not me forgetting how to play.

Surely.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Is co-op in the DLCs just naturally spotty atm or has my soul memory reached the hosed zone? I've seen fewer and fewer player signs despite the game saying the DLCs are all hotspots. And I seem to have become a real target for invaders too.

Honestly I think I might simply shelve my playthrough at this rate because I'm just not finding the bone fist anywhere near enough fun to fight my way through DLC2 and 3 with it, and doubly so if I'm not gonna get any bites for co-op on top of that. I was looking forward to helping people with the Ivory King for those Loyce souls and doing the co-op areas as they were intended. :(

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 4, 2021

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

John Murdoch posted:

Is co-op in the DLCs just naturally spotty atm or has my soul memory reached the hosed zone? I've seen fewer and fewer player signs despite the game saying the DLCs are all hotspots. And I seem to have become a real target for invaders too.

Honestly I think I might simply shelve my playthrough at this rate because I'm just not finding the bone fist anywhere near enough fun to fight my way through DLC2 and 3 with it, and doubly so if I'm not gonna get any bites for co-op on top of that. I was looking forward to helping people with the Ivory King for those Loyce souls and doing the co-op areas as they were intended. :(

What's the actual difference between the cestus and bone fist? I've been using only the cestus but apparently bone fist requires 30 dex and I don't have anywhere close to that.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It's a wildly different moveset. You pretty much straight-up get a series of fighting game combos. Even a hadouken if you powerstance it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Sir Tonk posted:

You can get chaos fireball pretty easy. I'll list the steps

1. get to the covenant of blood from hangman's corpse.
2. Install cheat engine.
3. get the latest cheat table from https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=268
4. this cheat table requires special settings

5. while dark souls sotfs is running open the cheat table attach to dark souls 2 exe in your running programs and keep the list.
6. click the boxes to open all the scripts and pointers.

7. set your rank to 3 and then talk to the covenant vendor for all the spells and don't do 1000 pvp battles.

You can do these steps for almost every covenant. If you guys want to know how to do the turn in covenants its slightly different.
Same as above but you need 3 turn in items aka 3 sunlight medals.

At rank 0, you need to set your progress to 9 and then talk to the statue.
At rank 1, you need to set your progress to 19 and then talk to the statue.
At rank 2, you need to set your progress to 29 and then talk to the statue.
These will change per covenant, the cheat table will tell you the numbers before the next rank by the progress.

:siren: if you give yourself souls or edit your stats or give yourself +14 poison binoculars you will get softbanned. Which is that you play on the hacker server. :siren:

Hopefully this is useful if you want to play through the game with the covenant abilities/items without having to do the long grind of farming mobs for drops or doing 1000 pvp battles.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 4, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

+14 poison binoculars

lmao

e: just looked this up, it's apparently a thing and crashes your game, which is less funny than just carrying around some +14 poison binocs

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That won't work on console tho

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
on consoles you merely have to beat the game, beat the game on ng+, then make it back to Castle Drangleic. should only take a hundred hours or so.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You can speed it up by having extra bonfire ascetics on your ng+, go right to the rotten, bonfire ascetic farm 1 million souls, skip to castle drangleic and then finish the game. You have to farm 1 million souls each ng to skip the first 4 major bosses.

Then do that one more time but you can now buy all the covenant spells in castle drangleic ng+3.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

Welp, that’s not going to happen.

From what I understand you need not only win 500 duels, but you need 500 more victories than losses :negative:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

axolotl farmer posted:

Welp, that’s not going to happen.

From what I understand you need not only win 500 duels, but you need 500 more victories than losses :negative:

You can just buy it in NG++.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I played for an hour last night, managed to summon twice and get summoned once but after that I kept getting “Disconnected from playstation network” messages. Good thing I suppose is DS2 doesn’t just immediately kick you out of the game like the others do

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I've been getting loads of summons, including some where I join and there's already like 3 other people. The game is way easier when you outnumber the enemies!

It's very embarrassing though when you roll off a cliff by accident like 15 seconds after joining a group.

Dremcon
Sep 25, 2007
No, not a convention.
FYI- I can confirm you don’t need to wear the ring if you’re in the Way of the Blue to get summon support. No idea if you’re in the Sentinels though.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
So the ending credits list a voice actor for Shanalotte (Child), does a young version of the Emerald Herald appear anywhere in the game or is that a credit left over from cut content or something?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

From the Fextralife wiki:

Child Emerald Herald
A child model for her appears in the game files. Matches a version found in concept art. Additionally, the game's credits lists a separate voice actor for a Child Emerald Herald.

https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Unused+Content

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
This time I'm going to try a different build.

aaaaand I'm wielding Fire Longsword with Brigand Armor again.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
Pursuer everywhere is my favorite part of the DLC, you get twinkling titanite every time you win, so you can get 6 (enough for a +3 upgrade) after only doing things betwixted, forest of giants and lost bastille.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Frida Call Me posted:

Pursuer everywhere is my favorite part of the DLC, you get twinkling titanite every time you win, so you can get 6 (enough for a +3 upgrade) after only doing things betwixted, forest of giants and lost bastille.

The Pursuer Everywhere system.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ymgve posted:

This time I'm going to try a different build.

aaaaand I'm wielding Fire Longsword with Brigand Armor again.

Me with the Zweihander, Llewelyn Set, and Dark Mask. I don’t mean for it to happen but once I get to the castle things just end up evolving that way.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Item Getter posted:

So the ending credits list a voice actor for Shanalotte (Child), does a young version of the Emerald Herald appear anywhere in the game or is that a credit left over from cut content or something?

It’s left over from the cut time travel plot line. They made a model for the kid herald but it’s never used in the finished game. I think her dialogue was all cut too. Some people think her Dragon Aerie dialogue is the other actress but it sounds like the same woman speaking at a higher pitch to me.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

axolotl farmer posted:

From the Fextralife wiki:

Child Emerald Herald
A child model for her appears in the game files. Matches a version found in concept art. Additionally, the game's credits lists a separate voice actor for a Child Emerald Herald.

https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Unused+Content

I want to know what Network Test spells are. 60 INT to disconnect enemy from the Playstation Network

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Item Getter posted:

When you meet the Herald at the Dragon Aerie, she sounds slightly different, kind of higher pitched like a child might sound. Pretty sure it's a different voice actress there, and they just didn't bother making a different character model for her.

You can hear the change in pitch at this time stamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7t3JkMWHfQ&t=374s

Seems to imply that the Herald in Majula is just the "manifestation" of the real one that you meet at the Dragon Aerie.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 4, 2021

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Had a bunch of fun last night. Beat the skeleton lords/chariot and burned he windmill.

I forgot where the Covetous demon was but I also forgot how easy it was. I'm cleaning up NPCs today and then on to the place I usually hate, flame world.

I got my stats up to power stance the warped sword and its suddenly 50x more fun. Should I warp/rapier, or warp/warp? How do I asetic a 2nd flexile sentry?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
That makes sense, I suspected it was unused but wasn't sure since there are a lot of hidden things in these games. Not really unheard of, reminds me of how Deus Ex had voice acting credits for like at least 10 characters that didn't appear in the game.
I thought it was funny and telling that when looking at a gallery of DS2 concept art I think at least half of it doesn't relate to anything that appears in the final game.

Item Getter fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 4, 2021

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

they just didn't bother making a different character model for her.

They did though

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

a kiddy in a souls game ..... wtf O_O

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

skasion posted:

They did though

omg

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

multijoe posted:

They figured the Player would just murder her before going to NG+ for whatever outfit she dropped so they pulled her.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Oscar Wild posted:

They figured the Player would just murder her before going to NG+ for whatever outfit she dropped so they pulled her.

I'm sure the animator that spent dozens of hours working on her model was totally not annoyed by that at all.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

multijoe posted:

There’s the babby skeletons just before Nito’s lair.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The painter in Ashes of Ariandel is a kid, right?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

she may look like a child but she's actually 10,000 years old

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

She seems to be a teenager I guess, but not an adorable little tyke like babby herald

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Oscar Wild posted:

I got my stats up to power stance the warped sword and its suddenly 50x more fun. Should I warp/rapier, or warp/warp? How do I asetic a 2nd flexile sentry?

Go to the No Man's bonfire, select Burn, and there will be an option to burn an Ascetic. If you don't have an Ascetic, easiest one is probably the one in the cage elevator shaft near Straid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Oscar Wild posted:

There are ratings issues around being able to kill kids in games. So they would have had to make her invincible, or remove her entirely.