Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Its very funny that you can make more money passively from team losses than wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Its very funny that you can make more money passively from team losses than wins

Mechanically it makes a lot of sense to reward people who are fans of bad teams to avoid ghost towns.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

The thing about maxing out the passive is that the diminishing returns are absurd. The last sunflower seed costs 10000 to get the hit bonus from 1482 to 1500 so it'll take 1250 hits (or 250 from Glover) to earn it back which takes multiple seasons.
Yeah I've since read that it's worth getting up to 40 then investing in other stuff.

Another thing I've noticed is the scaling on stale popcorn is much better than regular popcorn. From previous seasons, I had 71 regular popcorn already which is good for 218 coins per team win. But at only 31 stale popcorn I'm getting 250 per loss. So it seems more profitable to be a fan of a bad team.

efb

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
According to the number crunchers, stale popcorn is the best value up until you can get sunflower seeds up to 40-50, then seeds are the best right now. Put em on Wyatt glover for bigger lumps of money less frequently, a better hitter for consistent cash.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Some poo poo is happening right now, with this being blaseball I can't really describe further just go to the site

"Peace & Prosperity" has changed to "The Expansion Era"

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Crabs are back! Along with three other new teams

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Crabs back with Worms, mechanics, and Georgias.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The Atlantis Georgias is most amazing a name.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

The Atlantis Georgias is most amazing a name.

I laughed pretty hard at this one. Also their player minty shupe seems pretty decent

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

apparently all the new teams have multiple championships under their belts. 4 each for the Worms and Georgias, 3 for the Mechanics and of course the 3 we know about for the Crabs.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I know the mechanics of the game are purposely obscured but the Crabs ability(?) looks busted as gently caress.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

It means that we can probably bet Crabs when they're favorites despite black hole weather.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

they have to get the 10 runs in the first place AND dig themselves out of of the hole they made

e: and they give the player back at the end of the game

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

http://www.blaseball2.com/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lone Goat posted:

they have to get the 10 runs in the first place AND dig themselves out of of the hole they made

e: and they give the player back at the end of the game

True, it's not going to come until play often... until all the Crabs fans go back and ruin the rest of our fun.

e: Also:

https://twitter.com/Jessifris/status/1367533644047343618

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 4, 2021

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Peanutiel Daniel was swept elsewhere by the new flooding weather.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Alehkhs posted:

I... uh...

WELCOME SQUID OVERLORDS

Keeps paying off. (My name submission was 2 weeks before The Monitor first appeared.)
:cthulhu:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 4, 2021

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

just getting back into this but wow the Fridays are really good this year

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Absolutely bodied by a peanut allergy. If this happens to Sexton Wheerer the wins will flowing freely for the Tacos (because they'll give up 10 runs a game)

https://twitter.com/BlaseballPro/status/1367556036769574914/photo/1

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man I feel like a lot happened in blaseball in the few hours since I last checked.

Like, more than usual.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Is there a way to see strike out numbers or something? Like any stats or is this fully shrouded in mystery?

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I'm glad the NaN World Tour is up and running again. Have fun you kind and gentle post-human anomaly!

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is there a way to see strike out numbers or something? Like any stats or is this fully shrouded in mystery?

not on the site itself, I think, but there is blaseball-reference.com which definitely has them

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

doos posted:

I'm glad the NaN World Tour is up and running again. Have fun you kind and gentle post-human anomaly!

I was really, really hoping NaN activated against the Moist Talkers earlier today. Mills would love to have York onboard.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

VideoWitch posted:

not on the site itself, I think, but there is blaseball-reference.com which definitely has them
yes they're typically available there, though it looks like the site is still on siesta and hasn't updated for this season

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Blaseball reference stats aren't quite accurate this season, but you can view stats for all past seasons there. They're working on getting it fixed for this one.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

JOSHUA BUTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

riv

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Pinwiz11 posted:

JOSHUA BUTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

riv

You know what to do, friend.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://twitter.com/RottenTunaGames/status/1367530967234211842?s=20

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So I'm still working to wrap my head around this. Blessing buffs carry over season to season right?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So I'm still working to wrap my head around this. Blessing buffs carry over season to season right?

Unless they specifically say "next season" (like Early Bird/Late to the Party), they're permanent.

(unless the Devs forgot to word it properly lol)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Decrees are global.

Each team wins 2 Wills based on their own fans votes, they get executed in standing order (which, who knows how that will work as targets become illegal).

Blessings are awarded to random fans, who pass them on to their favorite team.

All of the above are permanent unless specified otherwise. If the title belt wins the decree, single season buffs will technically become more valuable (or to a lesser extent, pennants, in that they'll be more valuable to that team only).

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Every team having the ability to swap one player can be pretty chaotic, but from what I see from Discord no one wants to hurt anyone's feelings so things might be ok (as a Wings fan, please don't steal Burke, thank you).

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Average Lettuce posted:

Every team having the ability to swap one player can be pretty chaotic, but from what I see from Discord no one wants to hurt anyone's feelings so things might be ok (as a Wings fan, please don't steal Burke, thank you).

I know Mill's channels don't really want to lose our worst player because they are clutch even if bad, and we also have NaN right now who will leave us sooner than later anyway. I imagine the new teams with relatively worse players are going to hit Plunder hard knowing there isn't much to lose, Enrich, Infuse, and Foreshadow/Alternate are all probably solid. With how players die/shuffle/whatever, I would guess any team-wide Wills should be best by default.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Wasn't there a Chrome extension or something that allowed the games to be viewed horizontally instead of vertically? Anyone remember what it was and if it still works?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

rickiep00h posted:

Wasn't there a Chrome extension or something that allowed the games to be viewed horizontally instead of vertically? Anyone remember what it was and if it still works?

Big Screen Blaseball iirc.

Also thinking a little more about the Wills:
They execute in standing order, and execute as submitted. So if you're in first place and steal a star player, you're going to probably lose them to someone else who targeted them below you. Higher tier teams thus should focus on either buffing their middle-talent players or trading their worst players for other team's middling players to bring up their overall strength instead of going all in on a star or on stealing someone who will only be stolen right away. Likewise, if you're in last place you can just say screw it and start plundering/exchanging for the best players knowing you're going to hold them.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Nephzinho posted:

Big Screen Blaseball iirc.

seems to work, thanks!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

But maybe I don’t want the Tacos to get better cause all this stale popcorn is pretty profitable right now

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Sports brain is making selecting a new team difficult and I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bawfuls posted:

i have to think about betting now? I can't just max bet chalk every hour and rake in cash over the course of the week??

I'm OK with gambling being harder and less profitable. It was a pain in the rear end having to log on once an hour and click buttons just to keep up with the Joneses.

Macdoo posted:

Potentially an unpopular opinion but I'm really liking the election and inventory changes so far. I like how having limited slots means that there's a little bit of elbow scraping when thinking about what to buy and that there's a layer of strategy, even if it's thin.

:same: I sold my pitcher idol items, that i spent a lot to max, but it seems pointless now to have both pitcher and hitter items. If there's another Pitching Machine situation then oh well. Currently maxing stale popcorn. And the Fridays are building a ballpark next season so I think I need Pizza for the time being? Not sure how that works exactly tbh.

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 5, 2021