Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That Hu Tao trial is so unfair. 3,033 atk and 2,000 of that coming from artifacts?! What the gently caress? I'm almost tempted to use my pity getting her because my Diluc is mediocre but I wouldn't have anything to give her if I did since he's using Crimson witch artifacts as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if its any consolation hu tao wants hp% over atk% so your diluc pieces are unlikely to be great on her

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
but also unless you're really enamored of the character, just building up your diluc is going to give you as good results as rolling for hu tao, and save a pile of primogems in the process

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Reiterpallasch posted:

if its any consolation hu tao wants hp% over atk% so your diluc pieces are unlikely to be great on her

You really only want it as a primary on the timepiece, still want pyro damage and crit on the cup and hat.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah but you want as much of it as you can get on your substats

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

No Wave posted:

Outside of her E she is even worse than bow form Childe, just completely worthless. I think that's why they sped the animation on her Q up so much, because you have to use it during her E window (whereas childe can help to fill his larger gap with his ranged ult).

C0 Hu Tao is less awkward to use than my C0 Childe.

Hu Tao is just use E, charge attack then ult if ready then cycle your supports. After cycling all your supports abilities her E is almost always off cool down. She also gives a crit chance boost after her E to nudge you off her.

Childe: you need to keep a mental tally on your ever changing E cool down. He works but he’s waay more technical (for me). I would often be just shooting his bow since he’s E is not up after dumping all my supports abilities. I just don’t find bow normal attacks fun so it kinda sucks.

Also the Crimson Witch is just waay better than the heart of depths as a set bonus.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As an owner of all the pyro 5*, it's really hard to overstate how brain dead easy Diluc is in comparison to literally every other DPS.

Not only does he not require a real rotation since his real cooldown on his skill is low, but his Ult gives him an infusion that stays *after* switching characters.

No thought on whether to switch to end DPS windows early for more DPS like Childe, Razor, Xiao, etc. and his Skill/Ult chases knockbacks.

None of his optimal attacks require stamina use ever, meaning his defense is actually stronger than other dps by virtue of being able to to dodge without thought.

Is Hu Tao harder to use than Diluc? Well yes, but so is basically every other DPS ever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

Yeah, her idle animations are really cool, her design's good and her voice acting sounds really nice but god, I just do not care about adding a polearm character to my roster. I already have a Zhongli I haven't leveled up.

I already can't decide what I'm going to spend this 5* pity on. Do I wait for Klee or try and get Venti when he shows up first? I'm already sad I couldnt get Keqing, with this new expedition event thing tomorrow.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Almost everyone should go for Venti if they don't have him. He makes combat such a breeze and I doubt there's going to be anyone to replace him anytime soon.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Uh, if you don't have Klee, do everything in your power to get Klee. She rules.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I smacked an enemy with Hu Tao's ult and unlocked the 50k crit damage achievement. That was fun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I already can't decide what I'm going to spend this 5* pity on. Do I wait for Klee or try and get Venti when he shows up first? I'm already sad I couldnt get Keqing, with this new expedition event thing tomorrow.

Your anxiety will be least hit if you get Venti. He doesn't get replaced by anyone else in his role.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wonder what's the split of people who have Venti that do/don't use him

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dogsicle posted:

On 11-2?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What are the rumors about an electro rebalance? Any truth to that?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Stare-Out posted:

Uh, if you don't have Klee, do everything in your power to get Klee. She rules.

code:

KLEE       | DILUC
pyro       | pyro
miner      | miner
no dad     | no dad
range      | melee
knight     | dark knight
in jail    | winery owner
treasure   | no treasure
cheerful   | brooding
explosions | no explosions

I think the winner is clear

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 4, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What are the rumors about an electro rebalance? Any truth to that?
The rumor going around is overload dealing more damage to elemental shields (so no damage buff) and electro-charged reducing electro res by 20%. No idea if it's really credible. Pretty minor/disappointing even if it is true.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

On 11-2?

i don't feel like that's a very compelling argument in favor of rolling him, at least. niche content with an expiration date

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

dogsicle posted:

The game is pretty different now as opposed to when he was initially available, and while he's still probably The Best Unit as a total package he's not the only source for any one of the things he brings to the table. I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched for other characters in comps where you don't rely on having most or all of his utility. Not to mention player fatigue - after running, e.g., Klee for three months, I just got tired.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I used to run venti all the time but he stopped seeing the light of day since my characters started doing real damage and have enough er to sustain them, now I find his cc either unnecessary or actively detrimental. I also need a proper team to clear 11-3 and I'm to lazy to reset after 11-2 so I just push through 11-2 and 3* with whatever I have. Somehow he ended up being my least used 5* if you start counting since december.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think a change that should be made is that Mystical Ore that is crafted using resin should be usable for weapons OR Artifacts :colbert:

edit: Also, don't go afk during your artifact run. Waiting for 20 minutes in the middle of your run sucks

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Venti's E is also way worse than Sucrose's (with C1)

For fighting at least

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
venti's burst also does great damage, shreds resistances with VV, and is one of the strongest energy providers in the game? in particular he's hilarious on the first half of 11-3 because if you bait the electro hammer guy into charging you in the middle of the arena, run away, and fire a venti burst back in, all three fatui get caught in a maelstrom of swirls that take each of them below half HP in the first couple seconds of the encounter. it's true that there are situations in which other characters can do the things he can do, but almost by definition he's less likely to get caught by power creep than any of the dps 5* units, who are going to become obsolete the second another dps gets printed in their element with higher numbers

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 5, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I think a change that should be made is that Mystical Ore that is crafted using resin should be usable for weapons OR Artifacts :colbert:

edit: Also, don't go afk during your artifact run. Waiting for 20 minutes in the middle of your run sucks

Magical crystal ore, please. I have metric tons of that stuff and it doesn't get used for anything useful ever. But yeah, using lower rank artifacts to rank up other artifacts is a remarkably clunky system and it needs to change.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also i somehow doubt abyss is going to, like, 100% stop having floors which are 27 random slimes and hilichurl archers evenly distributed across the arena

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's hard to encourage anyone to pull for anything when abyss is this easy with no harder content on the horizon. You could bring back original abyss and most people who care would be 36 starring it, day 1 players (especially bp buyers) have just outleveled it at this point.

I'm saving for 1.5 because I'm at 75 pulls but skipping the Rosaria banner will cause me physical distress.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

No Wave posted:

It's hard to encourage anyone to pull for anything when abyss is this easy with no harder content on the horizon. You could bring back original abyss and most people who care would be 36 starring it, day 1 players (especially bp buyers) have just outleveled it at this point.

I'm saving for 1.5 because I'm at 75 pulls but skipping the Rosaria banner will cause me physical distress.

Supposedly Rosaria is a 4*, so she may find her way into Standard or another banner... eventually.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

It's easy when you rolled a great comp that fits the situation :mad:

I got my first really great pyro applicator with Hu Tao, and I can't use her because I have no half way decent spear for her. Like, at all.

Next revision better be pyro since I have every hydro and cyro character except Qiqi (come home Qiqi, I need you for my Lithic weapons).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

White tassel is one of her best weapons next to deathmatch

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

White tassel is one of her best weapons next to deathmatch
Sadly, I did not know it was chest only, and trashed it into weapon exp. I still have not 100%ed every area, but I'm pretty drat close :(

Also, is there a "day of the week" guide? I need weapon materials and talent books, but if I could just look up what's available on a Thursday, it'd help alot.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Sadly, I did not know it was chest only, and trashed it into weapon exp. I still have not 100%ed every area, but I'm pretty drat close :(

Also, is there a "day of the week" guide? I need weapon materials and talent books, but if I could just look up what's available on a Thursday, it'd help alot.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

You are a beautiful person, and I will kiss you if I meet you irl.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I wish sunday wasn't the "ALL" day for everything. It would be nice to have an all books day and an all weapon mats day. I guess a lot of my posts lately have been bland complaints about gacha, I'll try to cut it out after this one.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You are a beautiful person, and I will kiss you if I meet you irl.

The person who made it deserves all the credit! Well, some should go to the person who made the cute icons.

Seriously, aside from the some clickbaity video makers and weird fanartists, content creators for this game are some cool and talented folks.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
I haven't been using Venti as often since I got Bennett and especially now that Zhongli got his buffs.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I use this site: https://genshin-center.com/planner

It doesn't have much more than that image posted, but you can pick the chars you want to focus on and it will tell you the exp and mora requirements as well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Flair posted:

Supposedly Rosaria is a 4*, so she may find her way into Standard or another banner... eventually.
She should get added to standard right afterwards and be on another banner soon enough... and if we're lucky she'll be in the starglitter shop two months afterwards... and if we're extra extra lucky 1.6 will give away a Mondstadt 4*. She's going to kick rear end and I will be very jealous for a few months.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Holy hell Venti and Jean? Dear god please have an event in the middle with a ton of primos.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Guess I'm actually saving up for a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I ended up hitting the pity on this banner with... Keqing. I don't even really want to bother because I already have 3 carries leveled up (Diluc, Ningguang, Ganyu) and have the Skyward weapons for Ning/Ganyu. Is there any particularly major reason I'd care about Keqing as a carry more than the other 3?