Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Triangle strategy hates particle strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i read somewhere that there used to be two letters that looked like “y” and one had the “th” sound, but everyone got confused and was pronouncing words wrong so they ditched the “th” y letter and just made “you” and “ye” the normal pronunciations. probably not true but i hope it is

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just did some research and it looks like the truth is that the word “the” was spelled “Ţe” in middle english but when typewriters were invented they just used a Y instead so everyone thought Ye was a real word but Ye is actually supposed to be pronounced like The. i hope everyone learned something

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

just did some research and it looks like the truth is that the word “the” was spelled “Ţe” in middle english but when typewriters were invented they just used a Y instead so everyone thought Ye was a real word but Ye is actually supposed to be pronounced like The. i hope everyone learned something

That letter is called a thorn OP.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Super Mario Broyers

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That letter is called a thorn OP.

badass

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

scary ghost dog posted:

you're close, but "ye" was also its own word distinct from "the" and "thee" and it was pronounced with a y
it was mostly equivalent to "y'all" except considered more formal than the singular (like the royal "we") and not really used as an object
("thou" and "thee" were informal nominative and oblique second person pronouns, roughly the "you" counterparts to "I" and "me")

hey fellas what disorder do you suppose supper mario broth has haha just wondering

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have deleted a tweet which speculated that Mario’s short stature is due to his degenerate Sicilian heritage.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

He can delete the post, we know the truth

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I played a couple hours of Mario Kart tonight while on the phone with a friend and it's crazy to me that this game is basically 8 years old. It looks so good, I have no idea what they'll do to ever top it. Maybe go the Smash Ultimate route and just have the next one have every single track from every single Mario Kart game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

American McGay posted:

I played a couple hours of Mario Kart tonight while on the phone with a friend and it's crazy to me that this game is basically 8 years old. It looks so good, I have no idea what they'll do to ever top it. Maybe go the Smash Ultimate route and just have the next one have every single track from every single Mario Kart game.

I would 100% be OK with this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

I feel like with Animal Crossing / Zelda content they were testing the waters to go full on Nintendo Kart in future, I know they never do that outside of Smash Bros but yeah I don't really see what else they can do from there

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ArfJason posted:

for the time being the thread should be renamed to better reflect real world events
https://twitter.com/AllGamesDelta_/status/1037256160762638337

I intendo purchase lots of games from this company.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

just the way super mario would say it.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's called Intendo because they intend to release some excellent games

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's called Intendo because they intend to release some excellent games

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Switch games that I can pick up and play for five or ten minutes at a time. I just got volume 1 of the Namco Museum Archives and it has a version of Pac-Man championship edition 1 with NES Pac-Man graphics that I love. I like but don't love Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 so it's nice to have some way to play the first one.

Nintendo

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/pablothinghouse/status/1367456781186850833

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I knew I stole that from somewhere.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lmao

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Accidentally watched the trailer for Pokémon Snap on my switch at 0.75x the other day and was pleased with the ASMR vibes. Has to be on the switch, not on YouTube because of pitch correction. Happy Friday imps :D

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

The accident was the speed, not the watching of the snap trailer btw

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
gently caress you

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

heehee posted: