Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

karmicknight posted:

Lmao at thinking things in star ratings rather than going "was this cool as hell? y/n/hm"

please respect how my broken brain works (also i work like forkboy does)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I respect the effort of spreadsheeting wrestling, but I still want to dump your books. I am sorry.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

karmicknight posted:

I respect the effort of spreadsheeting wrestling, but I still want to dump your books. I am sorry.

It's deffo deserved but also it's worth it purely to know at a glance my top matches of the year without having to rely upon my barely existing memory

The other good/bad thing is it lets me keep track of how many shows I've watched & uhhhh, it's a lot. 73 so far this year, & still massively fallen behind with 2 NOAH shows to watch, 2 DDT, 1 NJPW, 1 DG, 1 Stardom, 1 2AW, 1 BJW, 1 Gake No Fuchi Joshi, 2 Diana shows, & god only knows how many ChocoPro. And that's with me trying to stick to the big shows for joshi & cutting way back on my New Japan watching.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 5, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
13th February
Stardom Go To Budokan Valentine Special Day 1
SWA Undisputed World Title
Syuri vs AZM

Wonder of Stardom Title
Giulia vs Starlight Kid

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT This is our 9th Narimasu Party February 20th
MOTYC

HARASHIMA and Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi and Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Sauna Club (Konosuke Takeshita, Yuki Ueno and MAO)
- Just a bunch of extremely talented wrestlers having an awesome match. It's matches like this that make me really like these six, just going out on a random show and making magic. A smidge below the Sakaguchi/Ueno match from last week, but still well worth the time to check out.

2nd this match. 95% of the reason I didn't just skip this show entirely is because of how good this match looked and it delivered

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW PPV Show 2 ~Starting Point~January 30th
HM

Maki Itoh vs Moka Miyamoto
Miyu Yamashita and Mirai Maiumi vs Rika Tatsumi and Suzume

A fun mat show, a bunch of performances at the beginning and Miyu pulled double duty. Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

karmicknight posted:

This is entirely fair and I'd only mutter to myself a little bit as I pick them back up.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Shunma Katsumata (c) vs. MAO in a Kids' Room Deathmatch for the DDT Extreme Championship - DDT Into the Fight (2/28)

This was fantastic. I love these two idiots. All the spots where they had to argue with the referee over whether something counted as something that could be found in a kids' room owned.

Nth. Super fun match.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

gently caress I forgot about your toxx, I should have lied :negative:

Jade fandom overcomes all

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW PPV Show 2 ~Starting Point~January 30th
HM

Maki Itoh vs Moka Miyamoto
Miyu Yamashita and Mirai Maiumi vs Rika Tatsumi and Suzume

A fun mat show, a bunch of performances at the beginning and Miyu pulled double duty. Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours

I'll nth these, watched this the other day and enjoyed Moka for the first time, and thought the main event definitely stepped things up a notch.

Also might be giving Maki some extra credit for performing the entirety of Brooklyn The Hole....

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
For me HM is 'I can recognise this is a good wrestling match' and MOTYC is 'holy poo poo I am marking the gently caress out aaaaaaaaaaaa'

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Great O'khan vs Naito, Kojima vs Jeff Cobb
MOTYC: El Desperado vs Kota Ibushi
New Japan Anniversary Show March 4th

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Hirooki Goto vs Taichi New Japan Cup 05.03

Fighting Spirit: The match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

Second. Holy gently caress what a match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

2nd.

Taichi is now the best wrestler in NJPW

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Hirooki Goto vs. Taichi, NJPW New Japan Cup, 05/03

A bit slow to get going but just kept getting better and better and better

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Taichi is now the best wrestler in NJPW

Always has been :hai:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth

Fantastic match

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cerebral Bore posted:

it ruled

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
4th March
NJPW Anniversary show
New Japan Cup 2021 First Round Match
Tetsuya Naito vs The Great-O-Khan

MOTYC
4th March
NJPW Anniversary show
IWGP Heavyweight Title / IWGP Intercontinental Title Match
Kota Ibushi vs El Desperado

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi & Shingo Takagi vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Master Wato & SHO, NJPW Road to New Beginning Night 3, Jan 19

A nice warm up six man main, with everyone working and the usual suspects doing enough to make this worth watching.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
14th February
Stardom Go To Budokan Valentine Special Day 2
Giulia vs Saya Kamitani vs Tam Nakano vs Utami Hayashishta

I'm not nominating this entirely because of Tam murdering Giulia on a German Suplex but it was one spectacular spot among several

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Njpw strong 6/3 (my time)

HM Alex Coughlin/Karl Frederick vs Clark Connors/Kevin Knight

Maybe I was just happy to see Alex and Karl back but I thought it was great

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Change the Wind Direction March 6th
MOTYC
121000000 vs NEO Biishiki-gun - Don't want to spoil who made the finals, but pure entertainment from start to finish

HM
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Deathmatch Rangers (Sena Shiori and Hikari Noa)
121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Miki Itoh) vs Kyoraku Komei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)
Kamiyu vs Mizuki vs Haruna Neko
Yuka Sakazaki and Bakuretsu Sisters (Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) vs Pom Harajuku and Daydream (Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe)

Another real good show from TJPW

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
121000000 vs NEO Biishiki-gun - Don't want to spoil who made the finals, but pure entertainment from start to finish

HM
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Deathmatch Rangers (Sena Shiori and Hikari Noa)
121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Miki Itoh) vs Kyoraku Komei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)
Yuka Sakazaki and Bakuretsu Sisters (Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) vs Pom Harajuku and Daydream (Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe)

nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

nth

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

+1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Happy to give HMs to both, they were really entertaining matches and the main event was definitely the best match of the night.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth. Yeah, agreed.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Agreed

I'm all down for Taichi adding in some Taue spots to his matches

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MOTYC - NJPW New Japan Cup March 5th
Taichi vs Hirooki Goto
- Taichi has fully assumed his beef form

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Minoru Suzuki vs Tomoaki Honma New Japan Cup 06.03

Old man violence is such a solid concept that it got a good match out of goddamn Honma.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki vs. Tomoaki Honma, NJPW New Japan Cup, 06/03

If this had been any other opponent for Suzuki it would be an HM but him getting such a good match out of Honma is a goddam miracle

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Old man violence is such a solid concept that it got a good match out of goddamn Honma.

Second. This was a good Honma match in 2021 :stare:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cerebral Bore posted:

agreedo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Juice Robinson vs. KENTA, NJPW New Japan Cup, 06/03

The only bad thing about this match is Juice's outfit

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Juice Robinson vs KENTA New Japan Cup 06.03

Started as an extremely solid affair that got real good as the match went on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

HM: Juice Robinson vs. KENTA, NJPW New Japan Cup, 06/03

The only bad thing about this match is Juice's outfit

Agreed, though I like that Juice just goes for the weirdest look possible all the goddamn time. Wrestling having some gigantic weirdos in it is always a good thing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi New Japan Cup 06.03

HOLY loving SHIITTTTT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi New Japan Cup 06.03