Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I remember. Oh I do. I remember when AEW didn’t exist and all these same accounts would rip the gently caress out of WWE. Hell, that’s what scjerk was at one time, the sick bastards.

And now look. Gotta absolutely shred, for 8 hours a day, half of your entire post log, gotta shred and tear the hot new brand in town.

You love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

M(slur used against the Irish that ends with ck)-E-W

lmao

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

hahahah

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Reminded me of this extremely cursed image

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Benne posted:

Reminded me of this extremely cursed image

lmao wow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thought that said brexit for 1 secxit (the word second but rhyming)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I still hate it.

Cavauro posted:

thought that said brexit for 1 secxit (the word second but rhyming)

this I like.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
DCEX1ST

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it took ken shamrock many years and millions of dollars in legal fees to extricate himself from Union of People You Outta Respect, Son

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

I love how the banner made all of the worst people as angry as we all knew it would.

https://twitter.com/tnAEWfan/status/1367621399980949518

Is this like... a person praising Starbucks as being obviously superior to a local coffee joint? What world am I living in? Are we going to start waxing poetic about the superiority of Wal-mart to my local farmers market next?

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Sanguinia posted:

Is this like... a person praising Starbucks as being obviously superior to a local coffee joint? What world am I living in? Are we going to start waxing poetic about the superiority of Wal-mart to my local farmers market next?

I think they're saying the banner is like a small coffee shop being proud that they're outselling Starbucks in spite of the name recognition and corporate backing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...tm_source=share

This rules.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The sequel to Existenz. A David Cronenberg film.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Let's ignore all the backstage stuff that was actually bad and just focus on the on screen stuff, a year of the Fiend, the Fiendess, Orton's night vision, Raw Underground, Retribution, Matt Riddle's sexual assault accusations becoming part of his character and so much more and just try to get into the headspace that Miro's debut is one of the worst things of the year.

https://twitter.com/V1_OSW/status/1367870620743200768

Especially when every Miro promo since they started feuding with the Best Friends has been loving gold.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If the Street Fight hadn't been an amazing ending I think people would say the same about the Santana and Ortiz feud. They would be wrong in both cases because the Best Friends b-movie storylines are great.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

Let's ignore all the backstage stuff that was actually bad and just focus on the on screen stuff, a year of the Fiend, the Fiendess, Orton's night vision, Raw Underground, Retribution, Matt Riddle's sexual assault accusations becoming part of his character and so much more and just try to get into the headspace that Miro's debut is one of the worst things of the year.

Especially when every Miro promo since they started feuding with the Best Friends has been loving gold.

You would think that "this thing was a complete botch on every level" and "the fans don't actually think it's bad" would be mutually exclusive statements, but no.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the only thing i've thought was bad with his current run is that when they did that 'break the arcade machine' spot it clearly had nothing in it. everything else i've been fine with

is it just because he's not Rusev Part Two? he clearly didn't want to just be that when he debuted, and that's fine

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I like how one person tries to equate the Kip & Penelope wedding skit to the whole "cucking" storyline in WWE

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

lol at the special guest appearance from a psp poster in the comments

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Again, I cannot wrap my head this idea that wrestling promotions need to be held accountable for booking that is not sufficiently entertaining.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Again, I cannot wrap my head this idea that wrestling promotions need to be held accountable for booking that is not sufficiently entertaining.

i mean there's nothing wrong with the idea of 'hey this isn't working, it needs to get changed up'

the thing is, that dude (who is apparently one of the people behind OSW, lol) seems to think that it's obviously bad and that it's garbage that everyone else doesn't agree with him and they should change their minds

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

100%, totally fine with not liking and criticizing something. The “people are not sufficiently complaining about this thing I don’t like” is weird as hell though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
given similar sentiments i've seen i think the inner argument is 'people are pretending to like something when they really hate it because they're part of the aew sheeple or w/e'

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm not gonna pretend like Miro has been handled perfectly but it's not the worst thing AEW has done. We all know and remember how bad The Nightmare Collective was, and nothing he's done has been even close to that. At worst, the bad Miro stuff is probably just forgettable.

But also, if they brought Miro in as a monster and had him crushing everybody en route to winning a title there'd be (the same) people arguing that it's bad because he's a WWE castoff getting a huge push.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Miro is undefeated and presented as a monster every time he gets in the ring. He came in right after a run of big hossy men debuted at the top of the card (Brodie, Archer, Cage) and he's also having to learn for the first time who he is as a wrestler both as a character and a worker without WWE's control and being put in an instant top spot would have really exposed him. Yes the Best Friends storyline has dragged on longer than it had legs for and yes his debut match had some botches but his long-term prospects are still very high. By the end of the year I think he'll be in a really good spot.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think miro is probably strongest as a monster given what we've seen of his wrestling style before, but the person behind the character didn't want to do the same exact poo poo he was doing in WWE and that's absolutely worth respecting

i also think that things got a bit derailed with trent getting injured so they extended the miro/OC stuff to fill the gap

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Miro also seems to be having the time of his life and he's gonna get to the top of the card eventually, so I really fail to see any problem here.

Other than the usual of AEW having too many cool people and too little time to feature them.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/bossmoz/status/1367556149004828672?s=21

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Miro is undefeated and presented as a monster every time he gets in the ring. He came in right after a run of big hossy men debuted at the top of the card (Brodie, Archer, Cage) and he's also having to learn for the first time who he is as a wrestler both as a character and a worker without WWE's control and being put in an instant top spot would have really exposed him. Yes the Best Friends storyline has dragged on longer than it had legs for and yes his debut match had some botches but his long-term prospects are still very high. By the end of the year I think he'll be in a really good spot.

Exactly this. He came in low and has room to grow. If you bring every new person in as the top person, the only place they have to go is down. Now AEW can do this weird thing of "building a star" in their company which is a wild new idea.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Miro is kept strong and out of the main event scene pretty obviously Bc he will eventually get a storyline that elevates him. That story is not currently happening, but they want him on TV, so they gave him a different storyline! How do some people not get this?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So you're saying to just wait and see

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I enjoy Miro now than I ever did in WWE.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

miros fine, that osw guy is a dickhead

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

bold of the osw guy who is always wrong to post takes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

bold of the osw guy who is always wrong to post takes.

some people get cocky when they know people are paying attention to them

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I normally start drinking around noon so I won't judge Dixie cracking open a box of wine and firing up her burner account early on a Friday

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Even if you don't care for Miro's AEW run so far, there have been worse things in wrestling this week.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

IRL Happy Midcard Miro is longrun better than forced JTTS Main Event Rusev in every way

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that miro tweet just reminded me of the time he went on a spiel about how WWE obviously hosed up and completely misused the incredible, can't miss talent Jack Swagger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Eat My Fuc posted:

it's <>, not ()