Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Never thought I'd say it since I hated her the first episode, but I actually think Bimini deserves the crown. She's really killing it this season, she's quirky, she's incredibly intelligent, and very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Agreed TBH. She was fantastic once again in this episode.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I think A'whora being in the bottom was fair. Her physical comedy was good but the content was lazy in comparison to Bimini's witty and smart set. But Tayce's flow was much better than Ellie's :colbert: I'm actually really surprised they didn't buy into an A'whora/Ellie lip sync. Feels like A'whora set herself up with all the jokes about having sex with Tayce.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I love Bimini and it's really exemplified in the lockdown special that he worked and improved throughout lockdown.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm TeamBimini as well. Unless Lawrence somehow knocks it out of the park next episode, I can't see anyone else deserving the crown. Bimini's trajectory has been skyrocketing since lockdown, whereas Lawrence has been coasting.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Regarding Ellie, I think people are angry that someone who is visually quite polished but has less of a personality (or at least SEEMS to have less) stayed over someone who could look a bit crunchy but has an incredibly charming personality like Tia, or hell, has both like A'whora. Particularly when you remember that UK S1 did the opposite (saving personality over looks) with Baga and currently, S13 is sort of attempting to do so with Kandy.

Frankly, I thought Ellie should have been in the bottom. Her standup set was one of the most painfully unfunny things I've seen on this show in a long time, which isn't fully her fault considering the judge's cackling and encouragement. Ellie's diamond runway look, while VERY nice, didn't wow me like the other looks did and just struck me as a slightly more elevated entrance look. Also, it's not like the other standup bits were particularly G-rated either...

I am confusion!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Read After Burning posted:

Frankly, I thought Ellie should have been in the bottom. Her standup set was one of the most painfully unfunny things I've seen on this show in a long time, which isn't fully her fault considering the judge's cackling and encouragement. Ellie's diamond runway look, while VERY nice, didn't wow me like the other looks did and just struck me as a slightly more elevated entrance look. Also, it's not like the other standup bits were particularly G-rated either...

I am confusion!

I was actually surprised that Ellie wasn't in the top! She got the biggest laughs out of all of them, even if they were laughing at just how ridiculous the bit was.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I don’t think she’ll win, but I’m glad Ellie has survived this long. She’s so polished, and she’s just physically a huge queen. It’s funny to see her standing in the back next to some of the smaller queens.

Her makeup is what I imagine Trixie and Dela’s daughter would look like.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

A’Whora was bratty at times but she has a lot of personality and excellent fashion sense so to see her go home fifth under no-badge Ellie left a bad taste in my mouth. I was expecting the third lipsync to do her in but Tayce slayed it, certified assassin

the result was pure riggamorris but this is prime opportunity to give a plus-sized queen the crown so I’m very much expecting a Lawrence coronation even if I’m rooting for Bimini

The producers are doing a bad job when the judges are gushing over how warm and instantly likeable Lawrence is but I just want to see more of Tayce, Bimini, and A’Whora

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

I was actually surprised that Ellie wasn't in the top! She got the biggest laughs out of all of them, even if they were laughing at just how ridiculous the bit was.

For me, I think it's because this show (or rather its judges/producers) seems to pick and choose when they want to complain that someone's "schtick" is grating on their nerves.

Now, Ellie's schtick was only limited to one challenge, so she isn't the best example. However, look at S11. Plastique is told to quit "relying on the Asian voice" or whatever the hell that borderline racist critique was, but Silky is hollering about being big or pulling food out of her bra in almost every challenge? Dusty goes on stage with dot makeup once and is borderline scolded, but Tina Burner is on stage in a red wig and ketchup-and-mustard tones more often than not?

Similarly (and thankfully this hasn't come up in the US seasons in quite some time), some queens get scolded for not padding and others get to coast by week-after-week with "boy body" (yes, I hate this term too).

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Apologies for the double post, but on a lighter note: I could listen to Tayce go "Kewl, let's Fatman Skewp it!" until the day I die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgRdPcIyJZw

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

this episode isn't even over yet, but see ya later Utica, it's been real

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Noise Machine posted:

This was exactly what I was betting too, unfortunately. It feels like they just do not care for her style.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Noise Machine posted:

Prediction wrong!

Eliot seemed completely deflated the entire episode. She knew during Snatch Game that she completely hosed up. Then the runway, she had zero energy in her walk. She was just walking to one point, posing for 3 seconds, walking to the next point posing for 3 seconds, then left the stage. She's a fantastic dancer, and barely put up a fight!

Utica SUCKED at Snatch Game, but she really gave her all, and didn't even seem the least bit unsure.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm not mad at Ellie for playing the game but I do think she should have been in the bottom two.

I am 100% team Biminy. That's one cool self actualized queen

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Mik was on fire this week. The Snatch Game choice, the runway, and one word: "No!"

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Utica lipsynched a lot better than I expected, even with Elliott just giving up.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Also I wish Kandy had gone as Spongebob Patrick Star.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I was sad to see Lawrence be so angry with Ellie for playing the game. To be honest, it Ellie hadn’t staged the order that way, she could have easily gone home. I think it’s time for her to go but I’m not going to fault her for trying to get to the finale.

On US, I’m not surprised to see Eliott go home, but I do wonder if we had some harsh editing to that lip sync. Each time Eliott started doing something fun it seemed like they cut away.

I also think Kandy was incredibly weak in the challenge (loved the runway!) and continue to be annoyed by her.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Gottmik ate that challenge. I dunno which SG was more of a decisive win, hers or Bimini's.

Symone I thought would be top, but it was a close 2nd-4th. Glad she got a shout out for her runway.

Denali's SG and runway had me grinning like a madman the whole time.

Sad to see Elliott not turn it out as hard as her last lip sync, but at least she had a good run after what happened to her at the start. I hope she addresses her past comments because I do want to like her.

Utica surprisingly worked that lip sync.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheOliviaLux/status/1368019946052128768?s=19
:popeye:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Booooooo that would have been so much better

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

This response though
https://twitter.com/ericxchange/status/1368020054491602945?s=19

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Down under queens reveal video dropped at Mardi gras, has their werkroom entrances instead of a dedicated ruveal look but whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf_-FV3-lVs

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Excited to take in some Australian culture

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm bitterly disappointed there isn't a single queen with a cultural reference for a name completely incomprehensible to anyone from the outside world but totally coherent to an Australian

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm bitterly disappointed there isn't a single queen with a cultural reference for a name completely incomprehensible to anyone from the outside world but totally coherent to an Australian

I would love an example

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

If you told me two weeks ago that Utica would beat Elliott in a lipsync I would not have believed it.

The queens are real good at lipsyncs this season, I know it's been said a lot but it bears repeating.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I'm enjoying seeing Denali do well. I dunno why but she's just very easy to root for.

My disappointment at it being the wrong Patrick Star was immeasurable, I'd have loved to see that rather than just 'Kandy Muse being hungry for big dinners but in pink'.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Normy posted:

I would love an example

Speccy Longbomb.
Epponnee-Rae.
Coffs Adore aka The Big Banana.
Erin Borough.
Pauline Hands On.
Bogan Hunter.
Coolabah Goonsack.

Zombie Squared fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 6, 2021

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Zombie Squared posted:

Speccy Longbomb.
Epponnee-Rae.
Coffs Adore aka The Big Banana.
Erin Borough.
Pauline Hands On.
Bogan Hunter.
Coolabah Goonsack.

I'm mystified and I love it! Thank you

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Jakabite posted:

I'm enjoying seeing Denali do well. I dunno why but she's just very easy to root for.

My disappointment at it being the wrong Patrick Star was immeasurable, I'd have loved to see that rather than just 'Kandy Muse being hungry for big dinners but in pink'.

Yeaahhh much like the outfit making challenge this was another "Kandy sure is lucky 3 people hosed up harder than her this week"
I had no idea who she was, she didn't really make reference to anything I don't think either, she was just Kandy in a pink toga thing

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Simone was robbed. Also thought Denali had a good chance this week.

Miks runway was pretty decent overall but Paris is pretty basic for snatch game (even tho Raven hosed it up).

And Olivia is lucky - Utica’s Bob Ross was a complete failure. White people had afros! It’s just curly rear end loving hair. Everyone had em if they could! And that accent? Ugh. That runway saved their rear end.

Another boring turnout from Kandy. These judges blind as gently caress with that snatch game saying SAFE. gently caress off.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
How has no one been Bret Sommers or Charles Nelson Reilly yet? Ru would absolutely poo poo.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I wonder if Symone didn't get top placement because Ru chickened out on having to acknowledge serious issues on the main stage, on someone else's terms.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

spite house posted:

I wonder if Symone didn't get top placement because Ru chickened out on having to acknowledge serious issues on the main stage, on someone else's terms.

We were talking about this last night, and I was wondering if there may be some strategy beyond that. If you give a win to something that's that issue-driven, there's the chance that it may push a lot more queens to do that sort of thing in the hopes that it gives them an edge. If that becomes the standard, it becomes a very different show and one that is potentially a lot less light-hearted and fun than Drag Race is designed to be. So they might feel that they have to applaud the message and the presentation but for strategic reasons would be unwilling to let it win no matter how good it is. To be clear I'm not advocating for that, I was just wondering whether that was their thinking.

Anyway, I loved Mik and Rose in the Snatch Game, and I thought Mik's runway was fantastic. Utica and Olivia are two of my faves this season and they just absolutely poo poo the bed, which was disappointing. Kandy's runway looked like a pile of laundry for the second week in a row, and her Snatch Game was so forgettable that twelve hours later I actually can't remember anything she did or said except for checking her phone.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
As an Aussie, I’m very excited for Drag Race Down Under.

But already the werkroom looks very... bargain basement. The background where the numbers match up? Those tacky statues that look like they’re from Crazy Clark’s...

As for the queens, Art Simone & Karen from Finance are my picks.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Vintersorg posted:

Another boring turnout from Kandy. These judges blind as gently caress with that snatch game saying SAFE. gently caress off.

Tbh this is the second time (the first being the bag ball,) Kandy lucked out and there happened to be 3 other queens that poo poo the bed harder than she did.
She just did the "I'm me but I put on clothes to look like somebody! :D!" thing. Good job, you're Kandy but pink, that's landed people in the bottom before.

Also color me weird but I don't know how I feel about impersonating a celebrity you know personally. It feels like cheating.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Sheila B Wright isn't obtuse enough but I'm saying it out loud over and over again and I love it and need to google it to see if I can use it

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Poulpe posted:

Also color me weird but I don't know how I feel about impersonating a celebrity you know personally. It feels like cheating.

I have a personal connection with Patricia Quinn so I am sure my Snatch Game performance will be excellent.