Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe

thank you essential workers!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
I have to say a lot of my friends who were like "Vote Biden even though he sucks" are expressing their anger openly at this poo poo so I really do think people are sort of fed up with this poo poo more and more

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

readingatwork posted:

Overt fascism is inevitable at this point I think. Sooner or later one of these crises are going to force people to eat their pets to survive and with no real left wing alternative to this poo poo people are going to vote for whichever right wing psychopath figures out that promising people free stuff will actually win them votes. It's going to be bad and Democrats will have no idea why it's happening.

the gently caress is "overt fascism" they aren't gonna be walking around like a bunch of eurotrash in goofy uniforms or whatever. its going to be just more assholes in jeans, polo shirts, and leather jackets t-bagging you/the planet for the next 500 years, just like the last 100 years and not that different from the 300 years before that

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

stealing this

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

Shipon posted:

I have to say a lot of my friends who were like "Vote Biden even though he sucks" are expressing their anger openly at this poo poo so I really do think people are sort of fed up with this poo poo more and more

They have the memories of goldfish and the temerity of sheep they'll get corralled back in the pen in time for these swine to vote

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Shipon posted:

Are they coming up with recipes for bbq Dem flank yet? Let me know when we're at that stage.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

readingatwork posted:

Overt fascism is inevitable at this point I think. Sooner or later one of these crises are going to force people to eat their pets to survive and with no real left wing alternative to this poo poo people are going to vote for whichever right wing psychopath figures out that promising people free stuff will actually win them votes. It's going to be bad and Democrats will have no idea why it's happening.

yup

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

the gently caress is "overt fascism" they aren't gonna be walking around like a bunch of eurotrash in goofy uniforms or whatever. its going to be just more assholes in jeans, polo shirts, and leather jackets t-bagging you/the planet for the next 500 years, just like the last 100 years and not that different from the 300 years before that

more like the next 50 years

maybe life will evolve on earth again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

readingatwork posted:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I hope it's better cause this sucks balls

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

dems gettin it done

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Crazypoops posted:

Are they coming up with recipes for bbq Dem flank yet? Let me know when we're at that stage.

yeah get back to me when they actually break from liberalism

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

the 2016 lover posted:

thank you essential workers!!!
if they want to have the justification (they don't need) to raise minimum wage it's that loving tweet

"award essential workers throughout the pandemic by raising minimum wage" or some bullshit and it fits with Covid and everybody is happy, but we can't do that

Any standalone shot at this will fail

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Shipon posted:

yeah but they'll be back the next time some bluecheck guilts them into voting for Biden again

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Can't wait for the democrats to tell voters in 2022 that the parliamentarian stopped them from doing stuff.

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin
They'll be angered into the street and then a strong man will engineer a provocation to cause a massacre by security forces and people will be so imiserated and frightened by the chaos gripping the country they'll gladly support a return to order through a soft fig leaf coup by a strong man hth op

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

this is the Most Important Election Of Our Lifetimes, a record that will be broken by every subsequent election in american history

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
also hawley voted against it lol there won't be a grand strausserian bargaining or whatever

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

more like the next 50 years

hopefully it doesn't make the mistake of evolving advanced intelligence again. Warning to whatever extremophile bacteria are going to be the dominant life form in like a hundred years: DO NOT start using tools.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Manchin gonna gently caress it up by supporting the Portman amendment lmao

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

loquacius posted:

as a bonus, the reason that lady thinks this was a bad idea is that it was disrespectful to John McCain lol

https://twitter.com/AngryKavanaugh/status/1367946004562014209

Honestly it's probably a good sign if even someone so totally decorum-obsessed as that hates it

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

i sure am enjoying all this help

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I love to be helped.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

also hawley voted against it lol there won't be a grand strausserian bargaining or whatever

Yeah "overt fascism" isn't gonna come in the form of some charismatic right wing figure taking absolute power because they offered some scraps to the proles. Its going to happen via shock doctrine after a series of crises where the big corporations seize more and more power from government until they replace it entirely. We're probably already like 50% of the way there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Chillgamesh posted:

Honestly it's probably a good sign if even someone so totally decorum-obsessed as that hates it

yea that person is deeply stupid and 100% has never supported actual progress but right now I'm just doing the sicko laugh at even someone like that getting mad at Sinema.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Didn't say which way, or who'd be helped

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

how dare you use the presidents own statements against him

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Tzen posted:

i sure am enjoying all this help

it's on the way CHAMP, that means its not there yet CHIEF

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

is pepsi ok posted:

Yeah "overt fascism" isn't gonna come in the form of some charismatic right wing figure taking absolute power because they offered some scraps to the proles. Its going to happen via shock doctrine after a series of crises where the big corporations seize more and more power from government until they replace it entirely. We're probably already like 50% of the way there.

basically it's lovely shadowrun

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The funniest thing to imagine would be if sinema thought mccain's dramatic obamacare vote was cool and saw how everyone fawned on him for it, and wanted to have a moment like that, and then chose this to be her moment

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
put it to wwe commentary like that fail mccain one all those years ago

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/520613904263962624?s=20

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Joe just figuring out giving people money boosts the economy.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

is pepsi ok posted:

1/6 was a fascist coup, but it wasn't Trump or the Q people that did it. It was the intelligence state and media.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
I feel like climate doomerism really just isn’t pessimistic enough. Or rather, it’s just another way out. It’s saying, “Well, we can’t change this, but at least the universe will sort all this out on its own.” It’s a belief that, one day, reality will become inescapable and all this will collapse under the weight of its contradictions. God will sort them out, etc.

Nah, the real nightmare is that it never ends. That clean energy arrives just in time to prevent the worst consequences for the wealthy enclaves of the developed world (or give them time to prepare for it) while the rest of the world is devastated. That surveillance capitalism eats up the financial industry and creates an algorithmic panopticon that doesn’t really look all that different from everyday life in America now, because we already live in a highly efficient dystopia and most of us are perfectly happy with it.

History really is dead, we’ve just been occupying its twitching corpse.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What happened to the Bernie that threatened to tank the CARES Act if it didn't include 600/week UI?

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
it appears that not a single individual person in the United States will receive more stimulus funds under Biden than they did under Trump. same UI extension. less stimulus check money with slightly more means testing. never vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the 2016 lover posted:

it appears that not a single individual person in the United States will receive more stimulus funds under Biden than they did under Trump. same UI extension. less stimulus check money with slightly more means testing. never vote

also less UI money