Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'who the gently caress is the charlimentarian' is really good and accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It really really felt good to hear three people I consider to be really smart all agree that the Parlimentarian thing was like this weird new move no one had ever tried before and is like only mentioned once in 8th grade social studies, because that was my exact reaction.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
legit funny dems posted the parliamentarian for all it was worth against themselves, rather than against republicans

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
Sounds like I need to try the bonus ep again. I made it a few mins in before her voice and mannerisms annoyed me - she was talking about what she wanted her project to be, etc., and it was just tedious.

havelock fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 5, 2021

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
I didn't like the part where the anthropologist, social scientist, cultural critic, political science, or whatever professor couldn't understand what the lifestyle-branded boner pill ads were all about.

"WHAT IS THISSSSSS"

"HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO gently caress IN SEPARATE BATH TUBS"

idk you are a doctor of analyzing it

maybe it was annoying to me because I was in a traffic jam idk

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

havelock posted:

Sounds like I need to try the bonus ep again. I made it a few mins in before her voice and mannerisms annoyed me - she was talking about what she wanted her project to be, etc., and it just tedious.

Yeah she sounded wasted from the get go and that's not something I can do for an hour straight.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

i for one love it when a guest tries to get a laugh by saying pussy over and over again to no reaction

Still better than most of their non podcaster/comedian guests though tbf

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I haven't finished listening to the bonus ep yet. I wasn't pleased that she immediately started getting into more-or-less random foibles of the people she's talking about. I mean that's entertaining enough, but Amber could do that by herself. I wasn't expecting a job talk but I do like a more focused approach.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Greg12 posted:

I didn't like the part where the anthropologist, social scientist, cultural critic, political science, or whatever professor couldn't understand what the lifestyle-branded boner pill ads were all about.

"WHAT IS THISSSSSS"

"HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO gently caress IN SEPARATE BATH TUBS"

idk you are a doctor of analyzing it

maybe it was annoying to me because I was in a traffic jam idk

Okay so there's this thing called a joke, right, that people sometimes make, where they

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I liked the episode, maybe because I am a PMC and a pain pig and we are a ridiculous and worthless class.

Hell I even bought the loving Owlet SMART SOCK because every single aspect of baby marketing revolves around the fact that your child will die instantly and silently all the time.

“Child rolled on its side? Dead. Put it to sleep on its stomach? Dead. Swaddle too tight? Dead. Swaddle too lose? Dead. Blanket in crib? Dead. Too hot? Dead. Too cold? Dead. Oh this stuffed animal has a 6 page CVS receipt disclaimer stapled to it listing the 1000 ways it will slaughter your infant? 99% of infants will die of SIDS and this sock will beep at you when that’s happening.”

Anyway I wasted my money and never got it to work and the baby hated it when I put it on and I was so sleep deprived and lazy that it didn’t become part of the routine. He’s still alive so far.

I would have liked more PMC analysis and less McArdle-esque gadget reviews? Although I like both. I guess I was just kind of bait and switched by that intro - here’s a book and a theory and a lot of anger, let’s now redirect to some kind of super specific invent a mommy blogger period lady.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Jack posted:

I haven't finished listening to the bonus ep yet. I wasn't pleased that she immediately started getting into more-or-less random foibles of the people she's talking about.

Sometimes I feel like half the people in this thread have never listened to Chapo before the episode they're posting about

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
There was one point where they were talking about the baby poo poo and I was like, yeah theres a market for this, because having a baby is a very anxious thing. Then they started talking in the next breath about it being a product of anxiety

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Good interview with the imprisoned lawyer, the hard r history segment that Matt and Felix did before the interview was a little sus though.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

some plague rats posted:

Sometimes I feel like half the people in this thread have never listened to Chapo before the episode they're posting about
I get what you're saying, but when they interview someone who wrote a book they usually ask them to lay out their thesis as a platform for the lo-fi chill vibing that comes after. Immediately going to "So the PMC, they like to drink kale juice and wear period panties" makes the whole thing meandering from the get-go. It's a mild criticism. I like the episode.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Liu's other interview on Its Not Just In Your Head sure is something too if you enjoyed her on Chapo, powerful wine aunt energy

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

some plague rats posted:

Okay so there's this thing called a joke, right, that people sometimes make, where they

where's the joke

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
whomst amongst us has not recorded a podcast while totally zooted on white zin and xannies.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

we need a Neera of the left

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Greg12 posted:

where's the joke

An example of a joke would be to point out the absurd incongruity of the way a situation is represented and the dissonance created by that representation, and to then laugh about it with your friends

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I thought the Liu chat was more interesting than the Donziger or Curtis interviews :shrug: the Chapo boys trying to do a serious interview isn’t what I go to the pod for

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

THS posted:

we need a Neera of the left

neera's lunatic posting is the only redeemable thing about her, i agree

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

shrike82 posted:

I thought the Liu chat was more interesting than the Donziger or Curtis interviews :shrug: the Chapo boys trying to do a serious interview isn’t what I go to the pod for

They choke on serious interviews, they're much better when they have fun with it and this was a fun one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I honestly only wish they brought up that when republicans had the senate we actually heard about the parliamentarian then too, because they also told the republicans they couldn't do a thing.

So the republicans fired them and replaced them with one who would let them do what they wanted, and there were no consequences because it's a loving fake job nobody cares about!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Any episode where Felix and/or Amber get to go full on catty is good, imo.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

space uncle posted:

I would have liked more PMC analysis and less McArdle-esque gadget reviews? Although I like both. I guess I was just kind of bait and switched by that intro - here’s a book and a theory and a lot of anger, let’s now redirect to some kind of super specific invent a mommy blogger period lady.

The idea behind the product reviews seemed to be, "the PMC like to fashion themselves as above being mere consumers of products, but we can look at what they consume and see that they're rubes too." Which is an okay idea, but they didn't structure it well and it came off messy, but also them just going off was entertaining anyway IMO.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Shipon posted:

They choke on serious interviews, they're much better when they have fun with it and this was a fun one.

Virgil did good interviews for the primaries that were also funny

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

the bit they did at the start of the curtis ep felt true in that they were asking “serious” questions e.g will asking if curtis had thrown in so much imagery of dancing in his docs to make some tortured point and curtis pausing for a while then “yes that’s exactly what i was doing”

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

I honestly only wish they brought up that when republicans had the senate we actually heard about the parliamentarian then too, because they also told the republicans they couldn't do a thing.

So the republicans fired them and replaced them with one who would let them do what they wanted, and there were no consequences because it's a loving fake job nobody cares about!

When was this? I've read that the current parliamentarian has been there since 2012

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

shrike82 posted:

the bit they did at the start of the curtis ep felt true in that they were asking “serious” questions e.g will asking if curtis had thrown in so much imagery of dancing in his docs to make some tortured point and curtis pausing for a while then “yes that’s exactly what i was doing”

That seemed kind of embarrassing to Curtis, but it was a helpful observation to me, and getting things out of an interview subject that they wouldn't necessarily just say on their own seems like a good thing to do.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
That bit reminded me of this, just with a different ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEqhiC4zcGA

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Breadallelogram posted:

When was this? I've read that the current parliamentarian has been there since 2012

bush era

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...1-54e6c033207c/

it had 0 negative effects on the Rs

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1367891313539055621?s=19

uhh let me be clear. americans will not vote for uhh lil homie gay rear end

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

I thought I was in the cumtown thread for a second :haw:

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
got to have them ribs (height) and pussy too (not gay)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Obama's right. I think Jimmy Carter was the last manlet president.

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Obama's right. I think Jimmy Carter was the last manlet president.

So easy to forget HW

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea America will allow a gay president, especially a white boring gay like him, but we will not tolerate a short president.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pharmaskittle posted:

lol so that's where they got the "bernie said women can't be president" lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eegah! posted:

So easy to forget HW

6'2"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Obama was giving Pete a swirlie while saying those things.