Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Tweener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God, Bryan vs. The Ape on the latest B&V Show :vince:

Alaois posted:

"They're vaccinating monkeys!" :argh:

This is something I'm going to more enjoy the less context I have

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The feud got very maudlin when out of nowhere Bryan said he had to put down one of his cats because they caught COVID. A reminder covid is virulent to everything.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lid posted:

The feud got very maudlin when out of nowhere Bryan said he had to put down one of his cats because they caught COVID.

Royal Updog posted:

I was right.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Royal Updog posted:

"I'm not sure if this ape spoke English...."

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

"I'm not sure if this ape spoke English...."

It's covid, not metallic archaea.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

yea ok posted:

Tweener.

Tweeeeeener

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Vinny is an idiot lol

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This is why my cats have to quarantine sorry guys.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

yea ok posted:

Vinny is an idiot lol

He has a very large brain

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

All of the jokes in the 4 different threads speculating about the AEW surprise are more credible than Vinny thinking that it's going to be Hulk Hogan lmfao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

Vinny thinking that it's going to be Hulk Hogan lmfao

lol no way

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

yea ok posted:

All of the jokes in the 4 different threads speculating about the AEW surprise are more credible than Vinny thinking that it's going to be Hulk Hogan lmfao

What cha gonna do, when Trillionaire Tony runs wild on you!?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

From a ban as a fan to a multi-year contact. Incredible deduction skills Vinny

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why did the Hulkster get a ban? Was it the N Word / Sextape thing?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

yea ok posted:

Oh my god I'm not done with the episode yet and assumed you were talking about how he wasn't sure if the press conference questions were a shoot.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I listened to unrestricted for the first time in a while. The red Velvet episode.

She said she wanted to wrestle Tessa Blanchard and Tony and Aubrey were like uhhhhhh let’s move to the next question ASAP.

Overall I thought the episode kinda sucked. I dislike when the wrestlers do these partial kayfabe interviews. Full shoot or full kayfabe, nothing in between please.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jordan7hm posted:

I listened to unrestricted for the first time in a while. The red Velvet episode.

She said she wanted to wrestle Tessa Blanchard and Tony and Aubrey were like uhhhhhh let’s move to the next question ASAP.

Overall I thought the episode kinda sucked. I dislike when the wrestlers do these partial kayfabe interviews. Full shoot or full kayfabe, nothing in between please.

Really don't need full kayfabe either.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I didn't realise any of the Unrestricted eps were keyfaybed.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lone Goat posted:

Really don't need full kayfabe either.

I don't want it on unrestricted but I'd be ok with it in some other places.

Like please give me a kayfabe QT interview.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's up to the wrestlers, most of them don't do it, some edge towards it a bit when promoting the upcoming match, some go way too heavy for my tastes (the Shawn Spears one in particular was bad for this).

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

One of my favorite Tony moments was like a day or two (episode or two?) after getting the Tessa question where he went something along the lines 'you know there are some wrestlers out there who are really really talented but have a poor attitude and that's just not something we want in the locker room'.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The kayfabe ones are all awful, but the mixed ones work when you can tell they’re treating kayfabe as more of a light hearted wink-nudge thing rather than actually pretending it’s legit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Matt Sydal partially keeping kayfabe was funny given it's Matt Sydal and the rest of the interview was good. It's not like he's Abadon!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

Matt Sydal partially keeping kayfabe was funny given it's Matt Sydal and the rest of the interview was good. It's not like he's Abadon!
Gotta admit that I saw a Su Yung shoot on YouTube where she was laughing, joking, and talking like a normal person and it was one of the most jarring things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKADCstdqX8

(Rosemary did a shoot the same show in character but I'm used to Courtney Rush because of nL)

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

There’s an AIW podcast where MJF is out of character and you can tell he’s super nervous about it. Hearing him be humble and polite is like seeing a luchador unmasked.

Which also use to happen at AIW after parties. You’d see MJF being a human and Laredo Kid without a mask. I don’t like either of those things.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Big Bidness posted:

There’s an AIW podcast where MJF is out of character and you can tell he’s super nervous about it. Hearing him be humble and polite is like seeing a luchador unmasked.

Which also use to happen at AIW after parties. You’d see MJF being a human and Laredo Kid without a mask. I don’t like either of those things.

There’s an MJF shoot out there with Ethan Page which will completely destroy the illusion if you watch it but it’s so loving funny that it’s worth it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jordan7hm posted:

I don't want it on unrestricted but I'd be ok with it in some other places.

Oh sure, other places are fine, but I don't care to listen to them. I already watch Dynamite and most of Dark and BTE. But I listen to these type of pods to get to know about a person more than a character. Art of Wrestling was really good for that too.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Not fully but some people will talk about match results like they were real-ish, like how they want to get revenge (for whatever plot point), but then mixed in with like, their childhood or days on the indies or whatever. The latter is what I'm more interested in.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Big Bidness posted:

He used to hang out during tapings of the Highspots show Excalibur and Dan Barry had, and whenever they tried to get him to pop on camera he'd be pretty cagey about it.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Kayfabe is absolutely the worst thing about wrestlers on social media/podcasts(outside of retweets, if you follow a wrestler immediately go to their profile and turn off retweets)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Retweets being on by default on Twitter blows my mind.

Also I like in podcasts were wrestlers put over their rivals in upcoming matches. Jon Moxely is unreal at it. Any time he has a show coming up he’ll do a proper interview but then talk about his opponent in kayfabe. I can deal with that fine.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Holy crap. Meltzer's newsletter is formatted like something from 30-odd years ago. It just keeps going and going and going without anything in the way of section headers or jump links. It's seriously just stream of consciousness writing until you pass out; I can only imagine how he sits in front of some green-glow word processor to type it out with two fingers.

It's rad, but hard as hell to read.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
It’s a great print experience that translates brutally to phones

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think somebody once made a decent case that meltzer has 'written' more than any other published person in human history. granted you have to ignore that a lot of stuff in the newsletter is results that he very well may be copying and pasting from emailers without attribution

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I emailed him results from a show in Dublin a few years ago and he definitely rewrote them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Memnaelar posted:

Holy crap. Meltzer's newsletter is formatted like something from 30-odd years ago. It just keeps going and going and going without anything in the way of section headers or jump links. It's seriously just stream of consciousness writing until you pass out; I can only imagine how he sits in front of some green-glow word processor to type it out with two fingers.

It's rad, but hard as hell to read.

It pretty much is something from 30-odd years ago that just happens to be on a computer screen now.

Also you don't have to imagine:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

legendary seating stance

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

always been confused by that

maybe the chair was broken and he couldn't put it higher

surely he couldn't have wanted to sit like that?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ah i see some of you haven't discovered the Poster's Stance tech

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

History Comes Inside! posted:

The kayfabe ones are all awful, but the mixed ones work when you can tell they’re treating kayfabe as more of a light hearted wink-nudge thing rather than actually pretending it’s legit.

weirdly enough, tony khan does a lot of kayfabing

he always talks about matches like they're real, even when being interviewed by dave meltzer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Alaois posted:

ah i see some of you haven't discovered the Poster's Stance tech

its how he gets his scoops, feels and taps into the flow of pure posting energy