Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
All snails are cool and are your friends. Same with slugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Metal Slugs are the best though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished WandaVision tonight. This show was extremely good.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

hatty posted:

Garden owners will strongly dispute that Spanish slugs are our friends.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Remember when namco released xenosaga for the DS? Episode 3 hadn't yet come out.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Finished WandaVision tonight. This show was extremely good.

I liked it. I thought it whiffed the ending a bit and fell into MCU tropes towards the end, but it's probably the most interesting piece of MCU content.

gimme Dr. Strange 2 pls

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Weedle posted:

*taps mic* weed is good

:yeah:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Quick little Enter the Gungeon trophy report.

Gungeon Acolyte: Complete the tutorial. Earned 4/5/2016

Historian: Complete all 4 main character Pasts. Earned 3/5/2021

Now I guess I need to look into the advanced bosses and secret stuff. In that last run I got greedy and also didn’t quite understand the curse system, so I had the specter of death hunting me during the final boss fight. It was hairy but I came out on top.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey Axel, this you?

No

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

axelblaze posted:

Hey games chat. Because I think there are some people in here that care about me I thought I'd share this Twitter thread I made
https://twitter.com/axleblazeSA/status/1367993839949144064?s=20

:unsmith: glad you're doing okay!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Remember when namco released xenosaga for the DS? Episode 3 hadn't yet come out.

No actually! I had no idea they ever did such a silly thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

As someone everyone actually hates

I don't hate you :kiddo:

e: I loved the end of WandaVision, cried a whole bunch. Although I did lol at the old 'fight an evil version of yourself' trope

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

No actually! I had no idea they ever did such a silly thing.

I think for further bafflement it was the only way to get the story of Xenosaga 1+2 in europe

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Barudak posted:

I think for further bafflement it was the only way to get the story of Xenosaga 1+2 in europe

I remember seeing PS2 Xenosaga ads in gaming magazines. The DS version was Japan only.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wait apparently only episode 2 got a PAL release? :psyduck:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh my I was thinking I would be able to hit the end credits to Hades tonight but this game is actually longer than I thought.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

I don't hate you :kiddo:

oh yeah how about now: wrestling, more like meh-stling

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Ooh my I was thinking I would be able to hit the end credits to Hades tonight but this game is actually longer than I thought.

You’ve gotten like 25% through the game once you see the credits IMO, if you’re still up for more hacking and slashing then they give you a looot to gun for wrt questlines. I don’t even think it’s possible to unlock a bunch of mechanics by the time you clear the game, lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

This makes me like you even more.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

HOLD ME BACK VG HOLD ME BACK

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I liked the end of Wandavision but I have a couple of questions

1. What happened to Agnes when the Hex was shut down? She never lived in Westview to begin with so she doesn't have a house or an original identity, and Wanda permanently locked her into wacky sitcom neighbor persona, so is she just a weird hobo who hangs around town now? Or did Wanda take her out of reality entirely and she's trapped in a pocket sitcom universe or wherever the boys are now?

2. Is this the same Darkhold that appeared on Agents of Shield and was last seen being given to Ghost Rider to take back to hell?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Not sure on the first but yes on the second

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

You’ve gotten like 25% through the game once you see the credits IMO, if you’re still up for more hacking and slashing then they give you a looot to gun for wrt questlines. I don’t even think it’s possible to unlock a bunch of mechanics by the time you clear the game, lol

The story really punches you in the gut near the end too with the request to stop doing the exact thing youve been doing and building up an emotional attachment to the entire time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zaphod42 posted:

The train in VI was basically a boatman of Styx / a Psychopomp (if you're familiar with that word) so I wouldn't call it evil at all!

It was ridden by some spooky ghosts and other evil spirits, but it also had Cyan's family, who were definitely 100% good people bound for the afterlife.

So the train is just a necessary element of their religion / world.

Sometimes religion needs to be suplexed and sometimes your god needs to be cut down the middle with a chainsaw.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

axelblaze posted:

Hey games chat. Because I think there are some people in here that care about me I thought I'd share this Twitter thread I made
https://twitter.com/axleblazeSA/status/1367993839949144064?s=20

I don't think we interacted before but thank you for posting and I hope things go better for you.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Wait why have I only just realised that you can change camera angle in F-Zero GX using up and down on the dpad :stare:

I've been playing this drat game for 15 years and never realised there was a cockpit view. This changes everything

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

stay safe Nipple Bandit

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad things are going better for you axelblaze

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

I read this as "meh-sting" at first and it still tracks

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

How long does an average Enter the Gungeon run take? I've been playing Risk of Rain 2 lately but it's not a great game to play in spurts because the runs go on for an hour plus and there's no ability to save a run that's in progress (on console).

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
An hour to an hour thirty, maybe? That's for a full win. You can save after each floor, though, as I remember it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jolo posted:

How long does an average Enter the Gungeon run take? I've been playing Risk of Rain 2 lately but it's not a great game to play in spurts because the runs go on for an hour plus and there's no ability to save a run that's in progress (on console).

Usually about 30-40 minutes, plus you can save at the end of each level.

Also EtG is one of my favourite games of all time, everything about it is just wonderful. EXCEPT RAINBOW RUNS, gently caress YOU BOWLER

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ol' blue eyes

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1368246207391350790

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Blue Eyes WaRyu

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Magical Melody: This morning I woke up and Eve brought me some soda and said she'd like to go for a drink with me sometime. I think she wants to go steady :3:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Adding “wario” to my fave things to google image search, alongside “gamer” and “the hedgehog”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What do we think of Wario's WarioWare outfit vs his regular one