Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Maya Fey posted:

from what i gather he posted a terrible right wing meme and people are pretending he was doing it in earnest and being racist

he should post his feet next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This won't be the last centrist willing to suicide bomb their career to own the left

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Here's the c-span version of the video in case anyone runs into people claiming it's from a different day or vote

https://i.imgur.com/hF5OnKC.mp4

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Here's the c-span version of the video in case anyone runs into people claiming it's from a different day or vote

https://i.imgur.com/hF5OnKC.mp4

I'll be honest that moment has managed to make me angriest I have ever been at politics in real life, so that's something I guess.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

rofl

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Seems like an appropriate time to repost this very pretty song by C-SPAM's Pillow Face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7fE9DMXOAo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

"Delaware is Burning" started playing on my phone while I was driving this afternoon and between remembering CHRIS C--NS and this bullshit with Sinema I got so mad I had to pull over

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

"Delaware is Burning" started playing on my phone while I was driving this afternoon and between remembering CHRIS C--NS and this bullshit with Sinema I got so mad I had to pull over

the 2019/20 campaign was the only one with an original soundtrack. it was so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNouAUQS_EM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9IycCUQe8

oh well, better luck next time (lmao delaware and america)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
You ran a good campaign Nichael and I hope Jess gets to do work elsewhere

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

You ran a good campaign Nichael and I hope Jess gets to do work elsewhere

I didn't run it, but thank you. I only did the field and volunteer stuff. We had two campaign managers who worked for free who ran it.

Delaware is a gently caress regardless.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the deleware lowdown:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

In 2024 when Manchin and Sinema are eligible to be primaried, there is zero chance that libs clamoring for it today support it.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Nichael posted:

In 2024 when Manchin and Sinema are eligible to be primaried, there is zero chance that libs clamoring for it today support it.

Excuse me what part of 'no matter who' are you not understanding. This is, after all, the most important election of our lifetime

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

THS posted:

what did matt bruenig do lol

He posted a controversial conservative meme as a joke knowing his script was going to automatically delete his tweets a short while after he logged off, like he does from time to time, but this time it was anti-xi/anti-chinese salt bae-ing the world with corona.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Manchin is an rear end in a top hat, but Sinema has almost certainly murdered multiple people.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Popehat/status/1367931006263586816

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so sinema is either
a) a genius who used that stupid kawaii pose to deliberately distract and or prime the pump to accuse anyone critical of her as sexist
b) an evil snake scrambling to use identity politics to her benefit once she hosed up by being too obvious

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Oh man were gonna get President Musk out of this

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jel Shaker posted:

so sinema is either
a) a genius who used that stupid kawaii pose to deliberately distract and or prime the pump to accuse anyone critical of her as sexist
b) an evil snake scrambling to use identity politics to her benefit once she hosed up by being too obvious

c) khive

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

the sinema thing reminds me of how martin shrekli did nothing that pharma execs don't do every single day, he was just so smug and obnoxious about it that the public noticed and that was his downfall. i'm guessing dem leadership isn't happy with her rn

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

taking a moment to appreciate that time aoc said her expensive congressing clothes were given to her by a charity because everyone in congress needs expensive clothes due to the dress code

reads very different now in light of the fact that sinema just goes out and pulls an adam sandler all the time apparently and far from being even slightly punished for her disrespect of the rules is now one of the most powerful senators in congress

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think the idpol defense is just a reflex for sinema; no one who isn't already a braindead khiver is even able to pretend to buy it.

Evil and stupid.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Some Guy TT posted:

taking a moment to appreciate that time aoc said her expensive congressing clothes were given to her by a charity because everyone in congress needs expensive clothes due to the dress code

You can wear a track suit jacket to comply with the rules, it's the one weird trick that everyone in congress just hates

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think the idpol defense is just a reflex for sinema; no one who isn't already a braindead khiver is even able to pretend to buy it.

Evil and stupid.

I think she thinks her constituency is the brain dead khivers.

She may be right.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Stringent posted:

I think she thinks her constituency is the brain dead khivers.

She may be right.

The K in Khive stands for Krysten

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuUv1n954LA&t=369s

hasan going in on Sinema

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Maya Fey posted:

the sinema thing reminds me of how martin shrekli did nothing that pharma execs don't do every single day, he was just so smug and obnoxious about it that the public noticed and that was his downfall. i'm guessing dem leadership isn't happy with her rn

Yeah the whole kubuki is you are supposed to be making hard decisions which leads to SOMEHOW always losing on these publicly popular issues that fail by just a few votes oh well better elect more Democrats. When have a Senator dabbing to Mitch Mcconnell after voting to gently caress over the poor on an issue the President specifically campaigned on that might be a bad look.

Then afterward using the flimsiest idpol excuse for why it's wrong to be mad at her even further helping the right ring muddy legitimate complaints about sexism.

I'm sure it won't matter because the Democrat's primary voters will do what they are told by the leadership especially in high profile elections but man I hope that gif gets play for a while.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Eggplant Squire posted:

Yeah the whole kubuki is you are supposed to be making hard decisions which leads to SOMEHOW always losing on these publicly popular issues that fail by just a few votes oh well better elect more Democrats. When have a Senator dabbing to Mitch Mcconnell after voting to gently caress over the poor on an issue the President specifically campaigned on that might be a bad look.

Then afterward using the flimsiest idpol excuse for why it's wrong to be mad at her even further helping the right ring muddy legitimate complaints about sexism.

I'm sure it won't matter because the Democrat's primary voters will do what they are told by the leadership but man I hope that gif gets play for a while.

It's another example of the current crop of politicians not really understanding how the game is played.

Tip O'Neill wouldn't have had any problems appearing to be progressive while backslapping Reagan the whole time.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

losing eight votes on a straight minimum wage proposal is such an impossible public relations position im surprised they even allowed the vote to be forced at all

no one in their wildest dreams is pretending like the democrats can pick up eight votes in 2022 especially if were limiting that qualifier to candidates who will actually support a minimum wage hike in a similar situation

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
'only themselves' and yknow 50 republican senators

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The takes of that this is Sanders fault for not checking before hand like those 8 Senators couldn't just vote for the meager increase that doesn't even happen until 2026 anyway (that their leader specifically campaign on less than a year ago) or maybe only have Manchin spike it says all you need about where the party is at.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 13:30 on Mar 6, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nichael posted:

listen now is not the time for division

right now more than ever the democratic party needs to come together and help Sinema defeat Arizona GOP candidate Literally a Gun.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Some Guy TT posted:

losing eight votes on a straight minimum wage proposal is such an impossible public relations position im surprised they even allowed the vote to be forced at all

That they allowed the vote to happen, when they didn't allow a vote to be forced for M4A or anything else, means they thought they could manage the fallout.

Remember that this is being painted by pundits as proof of Sanders's incompetence for not whipping the votes before it happened, and that it failed is proof that it would've sunk the relief bill, and that therefore the full bill should go ahead without it.

The question is whether Sinema's stunt was planned or fouled their plans.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

listen now is not the time for division

right now more than ever the democratic party needs to come together and help Sinema defeat Arizona GOP candidate Literally a Gun.

We can't primary her only she can defeat Literally a Gun (R) despite her polling being in the shitter.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

That they allowed the vote to happen, when they didn't allow a vote to be forced for M4A or anything else, means they thought they could manage the fallout.

Remember that this is being painted by pundits as proof of Sanders's incompetence for not whipping the votes before it happened, and that it failed is proof that it would've sunk the relief bill, and that therefore the full bill should go ahead without it.

The question is whether Sinema's stunt was planned or fouled their plans.

I don't think it foiled their plans because Nothing Matters but there's no way her stunt was planned. Especially since she did her little call out to Mitch who Democrats hate just a tiny bit less than Trump.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

minimum wage in delaware is 8.75

average monthly rent is 1040

the poors have literally 300 dollars a month to spend on their subsistence gruel after paying to keep rain off their heads not sure what the problem is here

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1368093621342330881?s=19

In any same world Globe Twitter would be Republicans

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1368093621342330881?s=19

In any same world Globe Twitter would be Republicans

Actually...

https://twitter.com/ripe_kumquat/status/1368094027158089734?s=19

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What's odd is losing 8 votes on this. There are probably 35-40 other dems who would also vote no if they had the tiebreaker, but they know that for optics and keeping supporters happy they have to keep up the charade

I think what we're seeing is more cynicism, biden style, from these senator. just total if you don't like it vote for the (R), I don't have to do poo poo for you and the media will scream I need to win or else

An example of the charade that usually happens is stuff like romney's kid plan, which probably won't get enacted, but he and his co sponsors can go tell audiences look I'm fighting for you! And I guess that's just too much effort now because the plebes arent worth thinking about anymore in the minds of more and more senators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Reality Protester posted:

wow the Dems have even lost axeil

Pages ago, but no way. That piece of poo poo still loves the hell out of them. Ax's a real big fan of Biden 'work' with Reade.