Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Never forget that Avery Brooks had his own spinoff series before DS9

https://youtu.be/zge345LB5ZM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I know this is probably old news to a lot of you, but I just filed our taxes, and Taxact can kiss my rear end now. Last year I paid $10 for Fed/State, and this year they wanted $110 (we need the premium edition for Braksgirl's travel business), but they helpfully gave me a discount of $20. I know CreditKarma does both for free, but they couldn't activate my account due to the freezes on all our credit reports, so I tried Freetaxusa.com this year. $12.95 for both federal and state filed electronically.

Freetaxusa isn't as pretty as Taxact, but I'll take that hit. In fact, it almost paid for itself because when I calculated the taxes in Taxact, the federal refund amount was the same, but the state refund was ten bucks lower. Not a ton, but hey.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1367495714968920069

:qq:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Braksgirl posted:

You do not want me to get started on the churchy wife poo poo. You do not.

There was an article recently about how women shouldn't wear leggings to church because it causes men to "stumble" in their faith because it's a distraction, and my head nearly exploded from rage.

lol

“Wives be attractive for your fella!”

*wears leggings to church*

“Not like that!”

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Silly Burrito posted:

I know this is probably old news to a lot of you, but I just filed our taxes, and Taxact can kiss my rear end now. Last year I paid $10 for Fed/State, and this year they wanted $110 (we need the premium edition for Braksgirl's travel business), but they helpfully gave me a discount of $20. I know CreditKarma does both for free, but they couldn't activate my account due to the freezes on all our credit reports, so I tried Freetaxusa.com this year. $12.95 for both federal and state filed electronically.

Freetaxusa isn't as pretty as Taxact, but I'll take that hit. In fact, it almost paid for itself because when I calculated the taxes in Taxact, the federal refund amount was the same, but the state refund was ten bucks lower. Not a ton, but hey.

Yeah yeah tax preparer industrial complex, but I honestly don't understand income stable adults who insist on doing their own taxes when the cost of tax preparation is a standard write-off every subsequent year, and I don't ever have to think about taxes except to sign my 1040

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Double post

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ehud posted:

I ordered a new vacuum and I’m so excited about it.

I’m old as poo poo.

What kind didja get?

My recent exciting purchase is an organizer for Terraforming Mars

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

What kind didja get?

Broken token? Did you get the indented player boards too?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hot Diggity! posted:

What kind didja get?

I got a Shark Vertex Duoclean. There is a YouTube channel called Vacuum Wars that reviews vacuums. He tested a bunch of vacuums for pet hair and said it was the best.

I’m so excited because I spend like 2 hours each weekend cleaning pet hair lol.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

You do not want me to get started on the churchy wife poo poo. You do not.

There was an article recently about how women shouldn't wear leggings to church because it causes men to "stumble" in their faith because it's a distraction, and my head nearly exploded from rage.
Women are to wear loose gingham dresses down to the floor to cover their bare feet as they stay in the kitchen and other bullshit

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

D-LINK posted:

Yeah yeah tax preparer industrial complex, but I honestly don't understand income stable adults who insist on doing their own taxes when the cost of tax preparation is a standard write-off every subsequent year, and I don't ever have to think about taxes except to sign my 1040

I did my taxes on creditkarma and it was free and took me like an hour. I even have some semi-complicated taxes with multiple brokerage accounts, and an inherited ira.

I got sick of paying TurboTax like $100 and creditkarma seems to catch everything.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Skwirl posted:

I try and not fall into stereotypeing everyone in the south as being dumb backwards hicks, but good lord it's not always easy.

While Missouri was a slave state, and for some reason they're in the SEC, they are not in the South

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

Broken token? Did you get the indented player boards too?

Yeah. The base set seems to accommodate all expansions now too, which is neat.

We're running out of room for board games and records and it's a very good thing I haven't bought a book in a while :negative:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Bird in a Blender posted:

I did my taxes on creditkarma and it was free and took me like an hour. I even have some semi-complicated taxes with multiple brokerage accounts, and an inherited ira.

I got sick of paying TurboTax like $100 and creditkarma seems to catch everything.

Yeah and also I trust creditkarma a thousand times more than any human being

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Android Apocalypse posted:

It's a nice to be reminded that Seth Meyers is from Boston.

I've lived in various parts of the US over the years to the point those "what accent do you have?" tests can't really place my origins. I have been told I sometimes get a weird combo New England/Southeastern drawl when I get really drunk.

I grew up in Chicago and then spent eight years in eastern Iowa before I moved with my ex-wife to Wisconsin in 2010, and I did some radio work early in my career, so I have the "Neutral Midwest" accent that TV stations look for in their news anchors.

Oddly enough, I did get the Baltimore accent imprinted in me, even though I only lived there for a year. The telltale sign that I'm really exhausted and need some sleep is when I start talking in Bawlmerese.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

D-LINK posted:

Last year after I got married we paid to have our taxes done. Worth every penny.

Also, lol

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/1368221432048717825?s=19

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

I must see this video but I'll settle for the transcript. Would something be made public?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GD_American posted:

While Missouri was a slave state, and for some reason they're in the SEC, they are not in the South

I am very bad at geography once we're talking about anything east of the Cascades.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Missouri isn’t a legitimate state imo.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I-70 in Missouri is the dividing line. North of that is the Midwest, south of that is the south.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

GD_American posted:

The bootheel is completely indistinguishable from Arkansas. If Arkansas is in the South, then so is this idiot.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

I got a Shark Vertex Duoclean. There is a YouTube channel called Vacuum Wars that reviews vacuums. He tested a bunch of vacuums for pet hair and said it was the best.

I’m so excited because I spend like 2 hours each weekend cleaning pet hair lol.

I have 2 vacuums, a cheap auto robot one and a heavier duty Hoover pet vacuum one. Both are... not great, as the Hoover has a really squeaky wheel and has seen nearly 10 years of use. My girlfriend has pet allergies so I'm wondering if it's worth an upgrade.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Missouri isn’t a legitimate state imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoWc6WRHKEE

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

CannonFodder posted:

Women are to wear loose gingham dresses down to the floor to cover their bare feet as they stay in the kitchen and other bullshit

No, my wife better stay the gently caress out of my kitchen. :mad:

Edit: now she's in here making a sandwich for our daughter! Get out of here!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 6, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Guze posted:

Judas and the Black Messiah is good but the actors are too old. Fred Hampton was 21 when he was killed.

Holy hell that really adds to the story. They definitely didn’t seem to be so young.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

seiferguy posted:

I have 2 vacuums, a cheap auto robot one and a heavier duty Hoover pet vacuum one. Both are... not great, as the Hoover has a really squeaky wheel and has seen nearly 10 years of use. My girlfriend has pet allergies so I'm wondering if it's worth an upgrade.

This one is supposed to have a great seal that doesn’t just spread pet dander and dust all over the place.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Ehud posted:

lol

“Wives be attractive for your fella!”

*wears leggings to church*

“Not like that!”

That's what's so ironic to me. Leggings are "give up" pants. They're what you wear when you cannot stomach the thought of putting on real pants, but you have to wear SOMETHING on your lower half because you didn't shave your legs again this week. They are the anti-sexy.

Quiet Feet posted:

No, my wife better stay the gently caress out of my kitchen. :mad:

Edit: now she's in here making a sandwich for our daughter! Get out of here!

I really wish someone would kick me out of the kitchen someday. What a treat.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Are Dyson vacuums still a multi thousand dollar rip off?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

D-LINK posted:

I didn't know you could write that off but with the standard deduction so much higher now, there's no real extra write-offs for us now except her business expenses and the new up to $300 cash charity write-off.

Kramer may know how to write it off but it's usually not worth it for us when the itemized deductions are less.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They cost way less than that. You can buy refurbished ones on ebay from Dyson or new from Costco and all they sell are cordless models now from 250-600. We think they work well but YMMV. Braks still wants a Roomba though.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1368029213152976902?s=20

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I love my Dyson and it's great with pet hair :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Silly Burrito posted:

They cost way less than that. You can buy refurbished ones on ebay from Dyson or new from Costco and all they sell are cordless models now from 250-600. We think they work well but YMMV. Braks still wants a Roomba though.

Roombas are cool and all but you still need a normal vacuum because they just can't get everywhere.

I have a refurb Dyson and it works great but the latch that holds the filter in is janky so I have to mess with it for a few seconds ever few times I vacuum. Paid like $200

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’m just remembering some really old rear end ask/tell thread of a door to door Dyson salesman.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Have one for each side of the house, the wall mounted Dyson. There was a great sale on slickdeals for $199. They’re awesome.
Edit the v7. About a year ago. They both still work awesome and you can easily replace the batteries when the time comes.

My dogs track in dirt like it’s their job so it’s absolutely necessary. Roomba can’t keep up.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
My dog has never once pooped in the house but I would still never have a Roomba for the horror stories I've seen.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I sprung for a cheap knockoff Roomba brand, Eufy. It gets the job but it just goes in random spots, gets stuck and will often go over the same spot 5 times.

Anyway

https://twitter.com/srslyberserk/status/1367670667190169601?s=19

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I have a eufy too, it does ok. It is maddening watching it go though because it seems to get stuck in little corners forever.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I'm now entering I Am Old Now Chat due to looking at reviews for steam cleaners and getting excited by all the cleaning possibilities of the different attachments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Happy anniversary

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1236029449042198528