Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

Trump and the GOP were more generous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haha 75k.

So my mother and father don't get this one. I'm sure they'll understand though, I'll just explain how means testing is a way of guaranteeing the money goes to where it's most needed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

*reaches across the aisle*
*hand ends up in a meat grinder*

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
makes sense they would cut it off there as a middle finger to blue staters in HCOL areas

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I like how its been six weeks since Biden was inaugurated, and in that time, Democrats spent like 2 weeks impeaching the ex-president (?????) and then took a nice vacation, but we can't let the Covid bill get stalled by minutiae like a living wage, people urgently need help NOW

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

so it's true that she both brought cake and voted no

seems like snopes should just say that

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Dolphin posted:

Haha 75k.

So my mother and father don't get this one. I'm sure they'll understand though, I'll just explain how means testing is a way of guaranteeing the money goes to where it's most needed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

quoting so I can follow up on this later

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 16:52 on Mar 6, 2021

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

so "mixture" just means "true but I don't like that people asked me about it" huh

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit

lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

literally nowhere on the Internet was lying that the cake was to be purposefully symbolic and evocative and virtually every post makes references to or comments on her bringing the cake for Senate staffers, but I guess they have to falsely imply in their own fact check that posts are falsely implying in order to try to garner unearned sympathy

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

this rules lmao

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

why the gently caress would you bring cake to eat first thing in the morning after an all nighter

get a couple dozen donuts and some of those Starbucks/wherever coffee boxes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

owns

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I love how Snopes' reaction to the right wing calling them fake jew owned propaganda is to completely cater to the libs by making any 'fact check' against a dem this weak bullshit like 'well yes she did bring cake and vote no, but she was good actually'

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

What's True

everything you said

What's False

we don't like the way you said it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

a Loving Dog posted:

What's True

everything you said

What's False

lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Complaining about Sinema giving a thumbs down while making a fart sound is tone policing; she has every right to do so given her lived experience as a piece of poo poo.

Kyrsten Enema

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

a Loving Dog posted:

What's True

everything you said

What's False

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
i've been playing Dungeons and Dragons with a bunch of morons lately. but honestly one of the biggest morons of all is the dungeon master, one of the biggest dodo brains in herstory

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol these parodies are getting pretty good

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Jel Shaker posted:

lol these parodies are getting pretty good

you actually made me check and now i hate you https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sinema-cake/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

What's True

everything you said

What's False

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I just challenged USPol to toxx themselves on Biden not doing any future warcrimes since he's so dedicated to peace. Strangely enough I haven't gotten any takers despite me doing the chivalrous thing and toxxing first (that he absolutely will do warcrimes). Weird... :thunk:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's false is this thing we made up implying you said she was deliberately trying to make herself into Marie Antoinette when really she did it accidentally just like Marie Antoinette

We give this statement three Joe Bidens

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I feel like I already know the answer, but what happened to that unemployment tax forgiveness...compromise they put in instead of 400/wk? Is that still a thing? Is it retroactive? Am I wasting time thinking the Dems are capable of anything beyond capitulation?

Where’s my loving money Joe

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

actually could someone specify? do the new UI benefits fall under the standard deduction or do they get their own $10,200 standard deduction?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

this rules lmao

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

a Loving Dog posted:

this rules lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i say swears online posted:

actually could someone specify? do the new UI benefits fall under the standard deduction or do they get their own $10,200 standard deduction?

id like to know too bc i owed on my taxes this year on the UI. which pissed me off a lot and i dont know poo poo about tax law. someone give me my money back.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

a Loving Dog posted:

this rules lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Syria bombing. Singular. The entire American drone war and conventional air war in Syria are on hold. If you can find any reports contrary outside of the singular attack, I am all ears.

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Syria bombing. Singular. The entire American drone war and conventional air war in Syria are on hold. If you can find any reports contrary outside of the singular attack, I am all ears.

it says "no syria bombingS". we're allowed to have one

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/1368184156056879108

"man it really sucks that the Internet allows people to know things we would have otherwise swept under the rug"

People like this should be put in the ground in some kind of a box

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

readingatwork posted:

I just challenged USPol to toxx themselves on Biden not doing any future warcrimes since he's so dedicated to peace. Strangely enough I haven't gotten any takers despite me doing the chivalrous thing and toxxing first (that he absolutely will do warcrimes). Weird... :thunk:

The great promise of the Democratic party is not to not do evil, but rather to do less than a theoretical Republican. Not any actual Republican, mind, but the hypothetical one that might have been in their place.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

readingatwork posted:

well that's a stupid toxx. Everybody, even the libs, know that Joe will do war crimes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoomTrainPhD posted:

well that's a stupid toxx. Everybody, even the libs, know that Joe will do war crimes.

They've spent a year swearing he'd only do good

Like, that's the entire point behind them going "lesser of two evils" and then immediately retracting that under the basis of "he couldn't possibly be evil at all, he's on My Team"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Yeah speaking generally the defense of liberals who commit war crimes is typically not "no they didn't!", it's that the war crimes were done as a passive and inescapable aspect of maintaining empire that no one really likes but that's how the world works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

They've spent a year swearing he'd only do good

Like, that's the entire point behind them going "lesser of two evils" and then immediately retracting that under the basis of "he couldn't possibly be evil at all, he's on My Team"

Do you think libs think doing war crimes is bad????