Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
just imagine being mayo pete. you basically become the white obama and do his bidding and then you find out behind the scenes he's going "lol homo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"He's gay" is certainly a reason to give for why he knew pete couldn't win a democratic primary lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I still can't believe how lucky we are that the Dems swept the GA senate seats. We would've been hosed with a GOP Senate

i mean its better in the way being shot in the foot is better than being shot in the thigh i guess

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

which part of the dem base was it that thoroughly rejected pete again because lol there's a lot of implication there

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

just imagine being mayo pete. you basically become the white obama and do his bidding and then you find out behind the scenes he's going "lol homo"

obama letting loose a huge cross-court swish which explodes on a yemeni preschool killing hundreds of orphans, turns to address his legions of adoring fans as a shower of gore and childrens toys rains down around him: "what can i say, he's a short little queer haha"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

cue montage of zizek saying “ideology” 100 different times

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Smythe posted:

obama letting loose a huge cross-court swish which explodes on a yemeni preschool killing hundreds of orphans, turns to address his legions of adoring fans as a shower of gore and childrens toys rains down around him: "what can i say, he's a short little queer haha"
https://youtu.be/PWICOht1Ago

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Smythe posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

which part of the dem base was it that thoroughly rejected pete again because lol there's a lot of implication there

The portion that was put off by the uncanny valley.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i have wanted to believe mayor pete would be gone, multiple times, and each time i was wrong. i think we are going to see this sicko prominently in national politics for the rest of our lives

the democratic establishment has become obsessed with trying to shove these people down our throats. joe kennedy III will keep cropping up too. its some kind of cosmic joke

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

nothing about pete will top him saying in front of his husband that if there was a pill to not be gay, he would take it
just a dead-eyed psycho

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

THS posted:

i have wanted to believe mayor pete would be gone, multiple times, and each time i was wrong. i think we are going to see this sicko prominently in national politics for the rest of our lives

the democratic establishment has become obsessed with trying to shove these people down our throats. joe kennedy III will keep cropping up too. its some kind of cosmic joke

The good news is, a lot of their appeal (to very, very dumb voters) is their novelty, and that's already quickly fading away for Ratboy.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

lmao if you ever vote for a dem

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I think Pete got his unjust reward and they will replace him with another model. He doesn't feel nearly liked enough by anyone, even in the party for them to keep pushing him like Osaff or whatever Kennedy climbs out of the primordial ooze.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Majorian posted:

The good news is, a lot of their appeal (to very, very dumb voters) is their novelty, and that's already quickly fading away for Ratboy.

a politician’s appeal doesn’t seem to matter much to a political party so comfortable with losing

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

THS posted:

a politician’s appeal doesn’t seem to matter much to a political party so comfortable with losing

Yeah, but the party apparatus seems pretty done with him as well.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

THS posted:

Buttigieg is proof that the party can just create a politician. They've been buying politicians for a long time of course; just take some city council member or state rep, hook them up to the money hose, boom, centrist dem who votes for tax cuts, deregulation, war and so on. But with Pete it's more direct, they literally took a guy right out of the military intelligence/lobbyist/consulting blob and said, here's your candidate, now vote for him you idiots.

See also: all the house reps with CIA/military intelligence backgrounds. I think there's like dozens now lmao.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

Buttigieg is proof that the party can just create a politician. They've been buying politicians for a long time of course; just take some city council member or state rep, hook them up to the money hose, boom, centrist dem who votes for tax cuts, deregulation, war and so on. But with Pete it's more direct, they literally took a guy right out of the military intelligence/lobbyist/consulting blob and said, here's your candidate, now vote for him you idiots.

See also: all the house reps with CIA/military intelligence backgrounds. I think there's like dozens now lmao.

Yeah, that's the bigger concern imo. I think Pete's done unless he somehow makes a splash at DoT (lol). It'll be much easier for the party to just outright replace him with a newer model.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Majorian posted:

Yeah, but the party apparatus seems pretty done with him as well.

i pray you are correct

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lansdowne posted:

nothing about pete will top him saying in front of his husband that if there was a pill to not be gay, he would take it
just a dead-eyed psycho

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Majorian posted:

Yeah, that's the bigger concern imo. I think Pete's done unless he somehow makes a splash at DoT (lol). It'll be much easier for the party to just outright replace him with a newer model.

Biden shows they don't even need a newer model, I think that's Pete's real problem.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lansdowne posted:

just a dead-eyed psycho

oh no i forgot about this

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

sexpig by night posted:

it's so loving funny that he straight up promised to 'cure cancer', a thing that isn't possible, and nobody made fun of that.

I made fun of it

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1368280085904519170?s=19

Falcon man, reveal yourself

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

It's going mainstream and I'm here for it

https://twitter.com/Carrasquillo/status/1368038825960816646?s=20

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lansdowne posted:

just a dead-eyed psycho

quote:

Instead, he described wrestling with his sexual orientation as “a kind of war” — one he said he was only able to win when he came home from serving in Afghanistan. As a youngster in high school and college, he said, the situation was very different.
“If you could have offered me a pill that could make me straight, I would have swallowed it before you could give me a swig of water,” Buttigieg said at the LGBTQ Victory Fund’s annual brunch. “It’s a hard thing to think about now. If you had shown me exactly what it was that made me gay, I would have cut it out with a knife.”
He added later: “Thank God there was no pill. Thank God there was no knife.”

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/ChrisCoons/status/1368281613046579204

https://twitter.com/ChrisCoons/status/1368281712271241217

did he forget to add "✔️$15 minimum wage"?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

He dropped out while he was in second place.

Edit: or was it third?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

So the real homophobe was Pete.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

It's all true but the truth looks bad for democrats. let's spin this unexcusable garbage

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

god doesn't exist

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nichael posted:

god doesn't exist

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lansdowne posted:

just a dead-eyed psycho

How much do you think Pete resents his gay spouse for being gay with him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

But the devil does

And he deserves better than America

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

The Pussy Boss posted:

i think the deep state is just sick of doing the backroom deals and subterfuge like back in the jfk, johnson, and nixon days and are just seeding the public facing parts of the state with their own ghouls

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yeah it came out very badly, but in context that might have been the most human thing the rat ever said

That self loathing over his orientation + apparent strong drive to conform and be at the levers of power probably informs a lot of why he turned out the way he did

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
statement: dems are bad
fact check: technically true but nevertheless highly misleading

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

yellowcar posted:

i think the deep state is just sick of doing the backroom deals and subterfuge like back in the jfk, johnson, and nixon days and are just seeding the public facing parts of the state with their own ghouls

because there's so many people willing to sell themselves for pennies they're disposable

just endless supply of psychos lining up to have their lives ruined for scraps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

“He’s thirty- eight,” Obama said, pausing for dramatic effect, “but he looks thirty.” The audience laughed. Obama was on a roll, using the tone of light ridicule he some-times pointed at himself— “ big ears” and “a funny name,” he’d said so many times before. Now, it was directed at Buttigieg. “He’s the mayor of a small town,” the former president continued. “He’s gay,” Obama said, “and he’s short.” More laughter.

looool