Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

collocation posted:

it's <>, not ()

shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mob posted:

I normally start drinking around noon so I won't judge Dixie cracking open a box of wine and firing up her burner account early on a Friday

I love it because they clearly are trying to rehab TNA on the back of AEW's success but nope no one takes TNA seriously to this day and trying to argue it was good overlooks that TNA was so awful it made WWE look great by comparison for 15 straight years and allowed WWE to get away with a lot of failures because when compared to TNA it was brilliant.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

You're short

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ignoring the dumbest four word back and forth I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/NPettinato14/status/1367896341041487874

Love to think about wrestlers providing a niche service that the company has not established it wants or needs. Like this is the platonic ideal of a wwf-brain response. It uses a lovely Cornette name. It features a heel authority booking a match during the show for later on that night. It seems to imply some sort of pointless talking segment. Just perfect crystallization of poo poo the wwf does that I would actually be angry at seeing in AEW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The funny thing is, they actually *did* do that where it makes sense when Fuego got booked to face Miro on Dark and get destroyed, they just didn't make it a huge thing like that.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
do they mean early 2000s Kane that tagged with RVD and Hurricane, early 2000s Kane that tried to father Lita's child, or the Katie Vick one

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Kane had no aura after early 1999. Having a match with Kane was literally as frightening as having a match against Test.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/lytp1i/so_honest_questionis_apollos_new_gimmick_racist/

All of the replies here, but especially

quote:

If Vince was a "known racist" Bobby Lashley probably wouldn't have won the WWE Championship 5 days ago.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Somebody hasn't Googled Bill Watts

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

That top comment thread is classic reddit

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yikes!!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

do every single one of these people have authoritarian-brain and daddy worship syndrome

everything that daddy doesnt do is bad

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bad takes from a Mark Jindrak thread of all things

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheUnexpectedM2/status/1368036773704646658

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheUnexpectedM2/status/1368042528453386241

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Brother.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

That’s a pretty impressive standing dropkick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rocky Johnson did have really sick dropkicks including doing rolls into dropkicks. The Unexpected M2 is right.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Everybody knows that Okada's got the best dropkick anyway.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Shaggy 2 Dope has the best dropkick

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
That is a crazy dropkick.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

Rocky Johnson did have really sick dropkicks including doing rolls into dropkicks. The Unexpected M2 is right.

Jindrak’s got $100 waiting for you if you hit him with a GIF.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kane with the weakest comebacks in the business.

https://twitter.com/GlennJacobsTN/status/1368280025020174340

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yard sign going over Kane, wow

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol that sign is cool

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I don't know any wrestlers named Mayor.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Power Windows posted:

I don't know any wrestlers named Mayor.
"The Wrestler, Mayor, is a moron". He's trying to tell Kane that he hates Randy the Ram.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/ArmaniShoe/status/1367086821310681088

making up anti stardom fans in my head to get mad at.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Just lmao if you didn't sign up for an IPTV trial for $3 instead of paying $40

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

who is saying you can't run hair vs hair as a main event

it's one of the few stip matches left that draws consistently in every country

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Apuestas matches are the pinnacle of wrestling stips

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
That guy is a fool: he does the thing where he feels the need to justify the business of every company he likes because just liking the wrestling isn't enough. Earlier in the year he consistently tweeted about how All Japan were outdrawing DDT and NOAH in Korakuen with the implication being that they are bigger; when its a promotion that hasn't run anywhere bigger than Korakuen in over two years at this point while NOAH just ran Budokan - admittedly without the pandemic it'd have been Sumo Hall but its still big. The PPV thing is directly about a few of us who are critical of Stardom's approach to their international fans: he defended them not making earlier PPVs available internationally because "they are focused on the domestic market right now, and Stardom World exists", defends them not doing regular live streams of Korakuen shows and other venues where everyone else does it because "they are growing so they know what they are doing" (as if certain other promotions that have increased live shows aren't growing) and just other weird things.

He does the most annoying thing where he uses google translate to read random Japanese tweets and to imply that they are the consensus opinion among the "Japanese fans"; especially women who are fans of New Japan. He went on and on about how Giulia was this big star among women who like New Japan and, well, from live reports not many women went to the Budokan show so that would suggest that they aren't interested in spending money. He also has a habit of saying snide things about certain Joshi vets he doesn't like: the most open example was when he called Nanae Takahashi and Arisa Nakajima "out of breath old timers" because he didn't like the Stardom vs SEAdLINNNG tag match - Nanae is 42, Arisa is 31. Funnily enough he doesn't seem to have the same issue with New Japan veterans and I wonder why that might be.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

IceAgeComing posted:

when he called Nanae Takahashi and Arisa Nakajima "out of breath old timers"

this makes alot of jokes I see on twitter make a whole let more sense now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nanae looked pretty good at the Stardom Budokan show and made Ryo's knockoff Pitbull theme she's using in AEW so she rules.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/MsAmandaJayne/status/1368267835726725122

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Nanae rules; her Hair vs Hair match against Arisa Nakajima is worth a watch, was my 2019 Match of the Year. She was out for pretty much all of 2020 rehabbing a knee injury but she doesn't seem to have lost anything in that time. Some people don't like that since she's a veteran when she's working with younger people she tends to work on top and control most of the match: but that also applies for a Minoru Suzuki and yet it isn't a problem with him apparently. Her making that theme is very funny to me; didn't realise that she was into that sort of thing and its really cool that she'd do something like that for her friend - she's been a SEAd regular for basically its whole existence and in that gap between her resigning from WAVE and her going to AEW (which was meant to happen before but COVID) SEAd was basically her home promotion and I'm pretty sure they had her departure angle all planned out ready for when she received a date. She also like isn't someone that gets gassed: at least I can't say I've ever noticed!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Thankfully the replies are all good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IceAgeComing posted:

That guy is a fool: he does the thing where he feels the need to justify the business of every company he likes because just liking the wrestling isn't enough. Earlier in the year he consistently tweeted about how All Japan were outdrawing DDT and NOAH in Korakuen with the implication being that they are bigger; when its a promotion that hasn't run anywhere bigger than Korakuen in over two years at this point while NOAH just ran Budokan - admittedly without the pandemic it'd have been Sumo Hall but its still big. The PPV thing is directly about a few of us who are critical of Stardom's approach to their international fans: he defended them not making earlier PPVs available internationally because "they are focused on the domestic market right now, and Stardom World exists", defends them not doing regular live streams of Korakuen shows and other venues where everyone else does it because "they are growing so they know what they are doing" (as if certain other promotions that have increased live shows aren't growing) and just other weird things.

He does the most annoying thing where he uses google translate to read random Japanese tweets and to imply that they are the consensus opinion among the "Japanese fans"; especially women who are fans of New Japan. He went on and on about how Giulia was this big star among women who like New Japan and, well, from live reports not many women went to the Budokan show so that would suggest that they aren't interested in spending money. He also has a habit of saying snide things about certain Joshi vets he doesn't like: the most open example was when he called Nanae Takahashi and Arisa Nakajima "out of breath old timers" because he didn't like the Stardom vs SEAdLINNNG tag match - Nanae is 42, Arisa is 31. Funnily enough he doesn't seem to have the same issue with New Japan veterans and I wonder why that might be.

I like AJPW. I think they have finally gotten into a decent stride after a ropey back half of 2020. But it's an indie at this point. If Kento Miyahara got hurt longterm you'd be as well sticking a pin in them, especially since the obvious next guy has vanished for a year with nary a word about his return.

Also not enjoying Nakajima is a loving weird take. Because she quite clearly rules.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Smoking Crow posted:

who is saying you can't run hair vs hair as a main event

it's one of the few stip matches left that draws consistently in every country
Sounds like someone's never seen a 1-year Bald Head Hair vs Mask Steel Cage Survival Double Risk Six Way Match headline a major annual PPV before.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

davidbix posted:

Thankfully the replies are all good.

She replied to a couple of them and I'm not going to post them but she seems like a real dumb piece of poo poo who wants to die on that hill

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Benne posted:

Is she doing the whole "age of consent is 16 in England so it's technically legal and he did nothing wrong" thing

She said she wouldn't call him having sex with a drunk 16 year old "rape," and would instead use "another word." She did not elaborate on what other word could describe that.