Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Programmer Humor posted:

statement: dems are bad
fact check: technically true but nevertheless highly misleading

While the Dems are bad, they have to be taken in context of the Republicans being worse. So it’s a falsehood to say the Dems are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Smythe posted:

obama letting loose a huge cross-court swish which explodes on a yemeni preschool killing hundreds of orphans, turns to address his legions of adoring fans as a shower of gore and childrens toys rains down around him: "what can i say, he's a short little queer haha"
now thats a top shot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Programmer Humor posted:

statement: dems are bad
fact check: technically true but nevertheless highly misleading

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Smythe posted:

obama letting loose a huge cross-court swish which explodes on a yemeni preschool killing hundreds of orphans, turns to address his legions of adoring fans as a shower of gore and childrens toys rains down around him: "what can i say, he's a short little queer haha"

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

snopes.com

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
uuuuuh let me be clear

*points at Pete*

lil homie gay rear end over there

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Maya Fey posted:

snopes.com

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah it came out very badly, but in context that might have been the most human thing the rat ever said

That self loathing over his orientation + apparent strong drive to conform and be at the levers of power probably informs a lot of why he turned out the way he did

it did annoy me when people mocked him saying that because it is 100% a thing when not everyone lives in places where being gay isn't quite acceptable socially

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shipon posted:

it did annoy me when people mocked him saying that because it is 100% a thing when not everyone lives in places where being gay isn't quite acceptable socially

as someone who grew up gay in the south not to a wealthy college professor family no he absolutely had a reasonable expectation to find a better way to explain those feelings than 'if there was a pill to make me straight I'd take it'. Also I really loving hate him describing it as 'war' that him being a loving spook overseas helped him with, that sure as gently caress doesn't help LGBTQ youths in tough environments.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm sure there's an analogy that can be made between D&D 5th Edition being a designed-by-committee piece of poo poo that panders to reactionaries and boasts of a rapist and a white nationalist in its consultant credits

And D&D posters supporting Joe Biden

4e, much like Bernie, would have won

but it turns out 4e, much like bernie, was a failure

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

THS posted:

i have wanted to believe mayor pete would be gone, multiple times, and each time i was wrong. i think we are going to see this sicko prominently in national politics for the rest of our lives

the democratic establishment has become obsessed with trying to shove these people down our throats. joe kennedy III will keep cropping up too. its some kind of cosmic joke

someone perfectly described him as the fresh face of the old guard. this guy's going to be propped up as The Next Big Thing by ghoulish dem donors for years to come. especially because he's good at duping old people

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1367882853451759616

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smythe posted:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/coreyf_4/status/1368286932204195841?s=20

jUsT cAlL yOuR SeNaToR

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Thinking of the old GE thread accelerationist posters in this trying time of good things happening

It's like some people internalized the saying "Beatings will continue until morale improves."

This bill is the most expansive government assistance passed in my lifetime. posting about how awful it is right now is letting the mask slip.

I am really happy about the child tax credit, and hope that gets made into a permanent benefit. childhood poverty is something i faced directly and it would have been such a good thing for my family growing up.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1368252622243651586?s=20

so the dems negotiated with themselves into making GBS threads out a bill with less money for less people lol

they could have done it day 1 if they felt like it, but they wanted to spend 2 months circle jerking with this aaron sorkin west wing bullshit

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

What's True

everything you said

What's False

we don't like the way you said it

good thing you posted this in cspam or else it might have gotten you a mod star

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Lmao

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1368287019080810498

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1368271168986247173

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

a Loving Dog posted:

What's True

everything you said

What's False

we don't like the way you said it

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

LOL

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/GiftedPrude/status/1368284409816875008?s=20

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Can't wait to not vote for the dems next year or ever

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bootleg Trunks posted:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

bedpan posted:

Bernie Sanders project to discredit the legacy of Bernie Sanders has been remarkably successful.

:waycool:

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
the bill is absolutely pathetic

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lmfao

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
checkmark - Support for Amtrak

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

“He’s thirty- eight,” Obama said, pausing for dramatic effect, “but he looks thirty.” The audience laughed. Obama was on a roll, using the tone of light ridicule he some-times pointed at himself— “ big ears” and “a funny name,” he’d said so many times before. Now, it was directed at Buttigieg. “He’s the mayor of a small town,” the former president continued. “He’s gay,” Obama said, “and he’s short.” More laughter.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

“He’s thirty- eight,” Obama said, pausing for dramatic effect, “but he looks thirty.” The audience laughed. Obama was on a roll, using the tone of light ridicule he some-times pointed at himself— “ big ears” and “a funny name,” he’d said so many times before. Now, it was directed at Buttigieg. “He’s the mayor of a small town,” the former president continued. “He’s gay,” Obama said, “and he’s short.” More laughter.

loving heightist piece of poo poo

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

did anyone really think that vid may have been ironic???

I dunno it felt very poe's law to me but I'm also an idiot

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
democrat party is poo poo

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
uhh lemme be clear, he's short. And he's gay.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
we roasted some folks

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

calling out marie antoinette is, in itself, a sexist act, designed to denigrate a WOMAN for having an opinion on both what women should and shouldn't be allowed to eat, and silencing a female voice in an otherwise male-dominated field. 1/?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ringo Roadagain posted:

loving heightist piece of poo poo

America will vote for a black lesbian transgender woman before they vote for a short white dude

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Phew thank God the Dems are in power they are so good and wow this stimulus is DOUBLE of the 2009 one and just wow gosh golly we should be kissing bidens feet right now

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Critics of Queen Antoinette are steeped in sexism, from the Robespierre potos to the 'revolutionaries' that are eerily aligned with British interests when it comes to silencing voices in the monarchy, who have done so much for the French people that it honestly makes me sick. 2/?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
i cant wait until next year when i can be, like most americans, a non-voter. theyve got the right idea. this year im a non voter, next year ill be a non voter. feels good to keep the blood off my hands