Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Can you believe all six people working at the Toddler Poison Factory are going to lose their jobs because of DEMOCRATS? I knew you were anti-American!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Grape posted:

Still waiting for a 300 style movie that takes lots of conservative "tough on crime/foreigns/browns" movie tropes and does the John Brown story with it.

HBO did a really good TV series of John Brown called "The Good Word Bird." With Ethan Hawke as John Brown.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
So when the two week buffer catches up to drunk duck being dropped by more than 250 papers, I wonder just how whiney it will get.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Twibbit posted:

So when the two week buffer catches up to drunk duck being dropped by more than 250 papers, I wonder just how whiney it will get.

Wait for real?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fister Roboto posted:

Wait for real?

All Gannett papers are dropping him.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

That poor contractor, he must be completely without jobs if one single pipeline project is canceled.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

All Gannett papers are dropping him.

Was it the baby food comic?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Kelly's nomination for best edit

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I'm so tired of the "big muscular trans woman beating little girl" cartoon. Like every single hack has to draw that one idea and probably thinks they're a great genius.

Meanwhile, in real life, you will lose all that man muscle on HRT (what little you had, because you probably never wanted to bulk up and be super manly) and sometimes your bones too.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gonna be great when Tinsley gets dropped by even more publishers because he weeps over not being able to do Me So Solly bits

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Electric Phantasm posted:

No, the trans athletes comics.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Electric Phantasm posted:

No, they were about trans athletes. One of them had Biden saying something like "Once upon a time only women were allowed to compete in women's athletics, thank god those dark days are over," and I can't be assed to look up the other one but it said some similarly transphobic poo poo. Apparently those two comics caused the people who owned the papers to go "Nah we're not having this poo poo."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Can I disallow :tinsley: from being a man? He makes me so unproud of my gender.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

This is another factor in US terfism being weaker than UK terfism I think.

When you have our much crazier right wing recently (and still) bellowing out all these tropes and more about the gays, and a few years later trans issues gain wider mainstream awareness... and yeah it's the exact same poo poo.
I think this influences sympathetic middle of the road Americans to some degree.
Like they recognize that smell, that's the smell of poop.

And maybe similar middle class suburban Brits who might otherwise be trans sympathetic are wiping the poop on their faces, not having as much recognition of the material.

"This is bigotry?? Come off it mate *rubs more feces on face*"

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Dr. VooDoo posted:

“These people believe your a Jewish satanist who eats children’s brains after torturing them and that you stole the election with the help of aching. Why won’t you meet them half way in these issues to bring the country together?” :qq:

"The Help of Aching" sounds like a great postpunk comp.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

By popular demand posted:

Can I disallow :tinsley: from being a man? He makes me so unproud of my gender.

Or gender has sadly produced far worse than him

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

A lot of TERF stuff in the UK also seems to cross party lines and the left / right divide also, while all the gay and trans bashing poo poo is almost exclusively a conservative GOP thing in the states

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Feldegast42 posted:

A lot of TERF stuff in the UK also seems to cross party lines and the left / right divide also, while all the gay and trans bashing poo poo is almost exclusively a conservative GOP thing in the states

it's still flying largely under the radar in public awareness how much us party politics is currently along fairly strict demographic lines. There is, ofc, some crossover, but the margins range from large to massive along racial and other key demographic lines. It's always been somewhat this way, but the republicans tacking very hard to the right (and in particular going all in on aggrieved whiteness around 2010) caused a substantial realignment that hasn't been all that widely recognized yet.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Feldegast42 posted:

TERFism seems to be strangely popular in within the British elite compared to the rest of the country; polling data has the majority of people being ambivalent or vaguely positive on trans issues. TERFism gets so much traction because shithead politicians and hack opinion columnists, even for nominally leftwing newspapers and parties, are fairly bought in.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Vagabong posted:

TERFism seems to be strangely popular in within the British elite compared to the rest of the country; polling data has the majority of people being ambivalent or vaguely positive on trans issues. TERFism gets so much traction because shithead politicians and hack opinion columnists, even for nominally leftwing newspapers and parties, are fairly bought in.

I think in the UK there are a lot of middle class, middle aged people who were left wing as students and don't like to think of themselves as conservative who are desperate for any excuse not to be left wing now and with Corbin gone TERFism is their concern troll of choice.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Ben back on the antivax poo poo posted:

The Best Disinfectant Is Sunlight and Truth

Governor Cuomo and New York are on the fast track toward medical tyranny.

They’ve rolled out a pilot program known as a “COVID passport.” It harkens back to Nazi Germany’s “Ihre Papiere bitte!” (“Your papers, please!”). New Yorkers will need the passport to enter stadiums, businesses, and restaurants. What they’re doing will become a template for the entire country.

Centi-billionaire control freaks such as Bill Gates want us to have no choice—we must be jabbed with endless, dangerous vaccines. Many are dying quickly from the mRNA vaccine which actually changes the genetic structure within cells. It’s rushed-out and under-tested concoction that is more Frankenstein monster than it is a vaccine.

Heed Ben Stein’s Warning and see what happened to him after he got the shot… Ben Stein says he suffered from “wild side effects. Like I had the worst flu in the world, extreme shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, extremely irrational thinking. It has just been devastating.” Watch Ben Stein’s warning here Click here

The vaccines are ghoulish in that they contain cells from aborted human fetuses. They may also contain secret nano particles and you’re not supposed to know what they do. Gates wants his vaccine software in all of us, and we know how buggy his software can be. Do human being really want to become walking computers with Gates’ software in their cells?

Yet many continue to line up and insist that they get the jab. The mainstream lying media has told them over and over that it’s the right thing to do. Even those suffering adverse side effects brag that they would do it again. They will continue to take more of them no matter what. This amounts to insane virtue signaling and a submissive genuflecting to power. I’ve come to realize the the vast majority of Americans are zombies. They are mindless sheep who will wear double masks, take swabs up the nose and backside and take whatever noxious substance they’re told to take. They will unthinkingly do whatever CNN and the ‘authorities’ tell them to do and they will badger others for not doing the same.

When the masks were rolled out about a year ago, we were told it was only temporary. It should only last a few weeks. Remember? I made the prediction that they would become permanent and now they are permanent. Milton Friedman once said there is nothing so permanent as a temporary government program. The masks are good example of his adage. They will always be at airports. No matter how many vaccines, the masks will remain mandatory. Social distancing, too. In fact, the tyrants are talking about lockdowns every two years in order to benefit the planet. That would destroy what’s left of small businesses.

They will give the vaccination passport some sort of patriotic name such as “Freedom Pass.” The Constitution is our freedom passport, but even beyond that document we have natural rights as human beings. We should be able to decide what goes into our own bodies. We all need to inject some truth into the propaganda coming our way nonstop from the lying corporate media. We need a truth inoculation to protect us from the injections of lies.

—Ben Garrison

quote:

The Enemy Within: The Wall around the Capital building in D.C. is only there as a political prop to use against conservatives.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Geeze, attempt to overthrow the government ONE time, and you never hear the end of it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

A) I wanna throw Garrison in a room with Sydnee McElroy and give her her choice of weapons

B) Hmm, wonder if there's been any fences or walls or anything built by the Republicans for nakedly political reasons in the last 20 years, or even just because you don't want to have to see anyone who opposes a war or something...

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The term "gaslighting" gets thrown around so much these days but...

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is this the first time Zyklon Ben has gone all in on NANO CHIPS in vaccines? Before it was the usual anti vaxxer garbage but I don’t recall him jumping into the nano tech conspiracy until now

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Stultus Maximus posted:

It’s a kellies category! Feel free to nominate!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, didn't Trump put this up? I remember Trump being the one who put this up.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I guess walls are bad now? Everything is bad when a democrat is president and also the democrat's fault.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gonna be fun for traitors to continually probe and concern troll democracies defenses until they get another shot at overthrowing it

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Many are dying quickly from the mRNA vaccine which actually changes the genetic structure within cells.

Source: my rear end

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Raised By Birds posted:

They’ve rolled out a pilot program known as a “COVID passport.” It harkens back to Nazi Germany’s “Ihre Papiere bitte!” (“Your papers, please!”).

Yeah republicans would never push anything called a "show me your papers" policy

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Garrison continues to prove he is the dumbest gently caress.

Branco continue to proves he's the biggest rear end in a top hat

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
"They may also contain secret nano particles and you’re not supposed to know what they do."

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

in the spirit of Ronald Reagan, Garrison should die of pneumonia .

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, didn't Trump put this up? I remember Trump being the one who put this up.
I think you're thinking of the extended fencing around the WH and the surrounding area from the BLM demonstrations.

This was fencing around the Capitol that came after the insurrection.

That was a one time thing no need to worry anymore. We don't even know why those people were there or who they were. It's weird.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Johnny Walker posted:

That was a one time thing no need to worry anymore. We don't even know why those people were there or who they were. It's weird.
I'm not gonna harm anybody, and there's nothing wrong with me. And if there was, I'm all better now. I'd like to come back inside.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Johnny Walker posted:

I think you're thinking of the extended fencing around the WH and the surrounding area from the BLM demonstrations.

This was fencing around the Capitol that came after the insurrection.

They certainly don't have a series of dates where they think the military will declare Donald Trump still President of the United States or anything

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So I didn't know what censure means and googled it and I'm still not sure. Your political party decides they hate you and won't support you and you get the stink eye when they see you walking down the hall?
Are Mittens Romney or Bernie censured? The Squad?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Lodin posted:

So I didn't know what censure means and googled it and I'm still not sure. Your political party decides they hate you and won't support you and you get the stink eye when they see you walking down the hall?
Are Mittens Romney or Bernie censured? The Squad?

It's usually a public statement of disapproval for some action, intended to shame the subject into compliance or publicize their poor action, sometimes as a distancing move, sometimes to avoid stronger accountability. Think of it as the lowest possible form of public discipline.

Here's an OK explanation of it in the house, if you have time (don't donate to that site, they're scum).

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'd also dearly love Ben to explain what he thinks a polymerase chain reaction test is, and why it's so bad.