Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My favorite ghost hunter review was by Chaos D1 who did the always entertaining in a pants on head kind of way Paranormal State, but I think he's taken it down from YouTube because he thought it was too mean-spirited* but it's still on Archive.org: https://archive.org/details/bliptv-20131015-030623-ChaosD1-ChaosReviewsParanormalState131 PS being one of the shows that decided to lean hard on SAVING YOUR SOUL.

Features some guest appearances by demon lords from the D&D Monstrous Manual!

*Their psychic is Chip Coffey so it would hard to actually be too mean-spirited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WHY BONER NOW posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0I7D2sGuHg

Sweet video where the Ghost Doctor (aka Ghost Behaviorist) breaks down The Ring and explains how it relates to real life curses/demonic parasites/other stuff

lol I figured he dropped everything else after his toy review channel started doing numbers.

edit: just summarizes the plots of the movies hahaha

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 6, 2021

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Let's face it: The Ring is ruined.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

BASED and LEGOLASPILLED

EDIT: It’s worth noting that this nice, but potentially empty statement was followed up by a series of tweets talking about how his streaming audience has almost tripled in the last year, and he’s actively expanding his moderation staff to ensure that the anti-bigotry rules can be actively enforced. This feels good, it’s the opposite of suddenly discovering a content creator I like is a shithead.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 6, 2021

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

JordanKai posted:

Let's face it: The Ring is ruined.

If that were the case you wouldn't see so many people complain about the lack of ring on this site. :colbert:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I'm glad the rats guy isn't an rear end in a top hat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I don't think I know who that dude is but that's good to see :unsmith:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its jerma

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i know that reply sounds snarky but its actually summary

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jimmer is a cute and funny guy, his chat sucks rotten assholes for sport though.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I never want to read Jerma's chat, not only because all Twitch chats are unreadable garbage, but because I do not want to ruin the image I have in my head from the chat messages he reads out in the videos. I choose to live a reality where the comedic geniuses behind "sing the raid song" and "I GUARANTEE you won't beat the first level of Fellowship of the Ring" are representative of all chat members.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

A lot of twitch chats are good, but you have to actually exert any effort to cultivate a good community, which is anathema to letting your chat instead be a trashfire run wild as not to scare off the subs and donations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Jerma is great and I honestly expected him to be the guy to be supportive but quietly neutral out of fear of backlash. Glad he took a stand.

I think the edgiest streamer I watch is Joel (Vargskelethor). His older videos were pretty 4Chanesque when it comes to his humor but some of his commentary comes from reading phrases from his chat. Most of his humor just comes from being a deathmetal Swede who got into gory horror/action stuff in his youth. He seems at least phased out of his more offensive humor where he quoted funny videos that used the f-slur or when he used the phrase ‘triggered’. I don’t watch his livestreams so I don’t know the environment.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Joel is pretty alright from all I've seen on stream.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Joel is good people.

Also seems like this new game Omori is becoming the new Undertale, for better or worse. (Spoilers, relevant bite starts at around 2 minutes )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv08YECWhYI

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 6, 2021

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
that whole sphere has grown up pretty gracefully with the times as far as i can tell

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Noah Caldwell-Gervais on Cyberpunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWEkeqJ2djM

Regardless of quality that game got memory-holed like Game of Thrones and How I Met Your Mother.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I am curious to see if CDPR can revive 2077 or if they just eventually dump it after a couple patches and move on to the next big project. No Man's Sky had a similar release where unrealistic expectations crashed against a game that released as an unfinished, buggy mess, but Hello Games then put years into rebuilding the game from the ground up such that it not only almost completely salvaged their studio's reputation, but NMS is actually a pretty good game these days.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

While not close to as bad as 2077 has gotten it, people forget how haphazard like all three Witcher games were when they released too, it's inevitably gonna get a Director's Cut or whatever a year or two down the line and it'll get rolled back into CDPR being untouchable ultra geniuses again probably.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
W3 was in nowhere near as bad of a shape as 2077 is though.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah Witcher 3 was the expected AAA level of jank upon release. W2 and W1 though were basically unplayable as released.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

2 in particular I still really remember just strangling even high end of machines of the time again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

2 in particular I still really remember just strangling even high end of machines of the time again.

The duality of Crysis

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Only if you had Ubersampling on, which was considered some super hardcore poo poo at the time of the release.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
CD delayed their next patch because they got hacked so don’t expect much

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Only 30 minutes into the Cyberpunk video, but leave it to Noah to just completely cut through the bullshit discourse and get to the critical heart of the matter. Even if everything here was working as intended with no bugs and more focused gameplay, it still doesn't change the fact that the dystopia being presented is decades out of date at the point. It's just a buffet of classic cyberpunk themes and visuals without any attempt to actually update any of it for a modern audience who isn't even going to blink at a 20th century/early 21st century depiction of capitalism run amok. We're already loving living it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Also that, every time I watched a buddy play Cyberpunk it just felt like I was looking at an extremely dry version of Shadowrun, without the cool metahumans or say shamanism or even that impressive of tech wizardry.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like Cyberpunk, but I knew it was crap going in and I got it for 30 bucks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yardbomb posted:

Also that, every time I watched a buddy play Cyberpunk it just felt like I was looking at an extremely dry version of Shadowrun, without the cool metahumans or say shamanism or even that impressive of tech wizardry.

It did seem very boring when it was working. Though in fairness to Cyberpunk New Vegas kinda ruined open world RPGs.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

While not close to as bad as 2077 has gotten it, people forget how haphazard like all three Witcher games were when they released too, it's inevitably gonna get a Director's Cut or whatever a year or two down the line and it'll get rolled back into CDPR being untouchable ultra geniuses again probably.

I can't believe people are still saying this poo poo man. The cope is just way too real for cyberpunk.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'm just glad nerds have shut up about it. The unreasonable hype and evangelising about it actually drove me mad, especially as release was dawning.

Like seriously, I couldn't even escape into other games without a high chance of some rando bringing it up unprompted at points.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sydin posted:

Only 30 minutes into the Cyberpunk video, but leave it to Noah to just completely cut through the bullshit discourse and get to the critical heart of the matter. Even if everything here was working as intended with no bugs and more focused gameplay, it still doesn't change the fact that the dystopia being presented is decades out of date at the point. It's just a buffet of classic cyberpunk themes and visuals without any attempt to actually update any of it for a modern audience who isn't even going to blink at a 20th century/early 21st century depiction of capitalism run amok. We're already loving living it.

It is intentionally going for an 80s version of cyberpunk. That was definitely a mistake outside of the pretty decent aesthetics.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

As a reversed engineered time capsule I'm sure Night City is a towering achievement but I'd rather see Cyberpunk transposed to a more modern prospective dystopia, or failing that just jump ship to Ecopunk or something less derivative.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I can't believe people are still saying this poo poo man. The cope is just way too real for cyberpunk.

That's not being said in favor of CDPR, it's more that if they manage to do another Super Duper Cut or whatever with the bugs ironed out, a ton of gamers are gonna try and memory hole the issues of before, like they've already done before.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cyberpunk literally is an 80s vision of cyberpunk.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ghostlight posted:

Cyberpunk literally is an 80s vision of cyberpunk.

Which is why it kinda sucks these days tbh.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's based on an existing source material. You can't do a CyberPunk game without setting it in an 80's dystopian future in which Night City exists. It's part and parcel to the property.

It's like complaining that Lord of the Rings is set in Middle Earth.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It would have probably been wise if you're doing a license game to pick a license that A) hasn't had its name thoroughly conflated with a generic term and B) was actually remember fondly by a large fanbase.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah, it just sounds like wide cyberpunk is better than CyberPunk as a specific thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vagabundo posted:

It's based on an existing source material. You can't do a CyberPunk game without setting it in an 80's dystopian future in which Night City exists. It's part and parcel to the property.

It's like complaining that Lord of the Rings is set in Middle Earth.

Actually adaptations can in fact...adapt source material.