Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Lungboy posted:

Yeah they circumcise as a matter of course in the US, although I don't know if it's a state by state thing or everywhere. Non-medical circumcision is some nasty poo poo, very little difference to FGM which is rightly deemed abhorrent yet this ....isn't.

It is different, to a very definite degree. Circumcision does not remove sexual pleasure. Clitoridectomy does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

crispix posted:

my ma got her wooden garden table and chairs off a loyalist bonfire years ago lol

lmfao that rules, did the pack of 12 year olds inevitably keeping watch on the thing not say anything to her?

(i may have historically been such a 12 year old drafted in to the surely vital work of protecting the bonnie before the 12th)

e; I had to get cut when I was like 27 or so and it had a much less dramatic effect on pleasure than I expected or feared, like it's not nothing but it's definitely not the devastation of all sensation either. But it doesn't actually matter because it could make sex 200 times better to get circumcized and it still shouldn't be done to babies on account of you know personal autonomy and consenting to things and stuff.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 6, 2021

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

bessantj posted:

I wonder if that was the case here, because we found several letters that looked official. Network Rail took them but I'm not sure what they can really do with them.

The police turned up at my neighbour's a few months ago and interviewed her under caution (or some similar official sounding police thing idk) for fly tipping because a box of seaweed snacks with her name & address had been found a few streets away. Fortunately for her she'd requested a refund because it had never been delivered (I suspect a fox nabbed it) but it does at least seem to demonstrate that they take errant seaweed very seriously

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Ms Adequate posted:

lmfao that rules, did the pack of 12 year olds inevitably keeping watch on the thing not say anything to her?

they actually helped her put them in her car, such is the derren brown style mind-bending power of ma's indignation at perfectly good ____ going to waste

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ash Crimson posted:

I needed more than two but i did end up getting a diagnosis of Gender Dysphoria by one of the people from the closest GIC (Chalmers) which i guess will help in the future and at least can't be swept under the rug or discounted.

In terms of GPs it really depends on the gp and the practice. I'm lucky, really lucky that my gp is supportive and affirming, with the above probably contributing to that as well.

Just becareful with who you go to whilst GenderGP might be cheaper alot of gps don't like to work with them, going by british trans people's experiences. It might end up cheaper in the long run.

Again, I don't know how typical my experience is, but at least with Edinburgh's branch of YourGP it was pretty good, not as much gatekeeping as i thought there would be, just make sure to show that you're taking active steps, they understood that i had concerns about my safety, which is why i'm still in boymode (for the most part).

yeah I kinda pushed fairly quickly as far as social stuff because to be honest it was either that or not survive last year

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

crispix posted:

they actually helped her put them in her car, such is the derren brown style mind-bending power of ma's indignation at perfectly good ____ going to waste

now that's a powerful norn iron auld doll, salute to yer ma!

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Ms Adequate posted:

l But it doesn't actually matter because it could make sex 200 times better to get circumcized and it still shouldn't be done to babies on account of you know personal autonomy and consenting to things and stuff.

My son has the same ears as me- they stick out. He is the most handsome 15 month old boy in the UK. My wife is thinking about surgery for his " problem " .

I tried to explain that it can't be that much of a problem if we got married and reproduced with me with the same sticking out ears. We settled on waiting untill he is Gillick competent and can make up his own mind on his ears.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i think evolution-wise sticking out ears is an improvement for the species

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i have webbed toes which i think is unarguably an improvement but unfortunately i'll not be going forth and multiplying in this life

when i was 2 years old my aunt caught my cousin just about to "fix" them with a pair of scissors :/

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ash Crimson posted:

It's basically to punish people for jacking it

...you realise in the US they do it to newborns right.

And yes its a cultural norm over there, not just the Midwest. 50s ideas of hygiene I think, not a religious thing, though apparently it does have a minor positive effect in reducing STD transmission iirc.

I was circumcised for phimosis when I was 13. Recovering from the operation wasn't fun but the effects afterwards aren't huge, or you wouldn't see the entire white male WASP population of America being put through it generation after generation. In my particular case it would have saved me several months as a teenager of having my penis look like corned beef and feel like fire. Still sympathetic to banning it on consent grounds but no it really really isn't equivalent to FGM (which also doesn't happen at infancy iirc?)

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Rumda posted:

I'm not calling you a transphobe I'm just saying you are posting apologia for an institutionally transphobic service

You are a piece of poo poo and I'm extremely glad you aren't systemically representative of trans people because you very obviously don't give a gently caress about other trans people potentally being able to have good lives.

Was gonna go debate bro and say 'please define "posting apologia for an institionally transphobic service"' but gently caress you just 1. tell us what would be sufficiently good enough for you and 2. highlight just one example that is systemically better than the one you're making GBS threads on. It should be very easy for you from your rhetoric.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

feedmegin posted:

It's grim as gently caress though and actually no-one even defends it, it's just a disgusting grimy thing that apparently keeps happening just because of cultural momentum.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

feedmegin posted:

And yes its a cultural norm over there, not just the Midwest. 50s ideas of hygiene I think, not a religious thing, though apparently it does have a minor positive effect in reducing STD transmission iirc.

I was circumcised for phimosis when I was 13. Recovering from the operation wasn't fun but the effects afterwards aren't huge, or you wouldn't see the entire white male WASP population of America being put through it generation after generation. In my particular case it would have saved me several months as a teenager of having my penis look like corned beef and feel like fire. Still sympathetic to banning it on consent grounds but no it really really isn't equivalent to FGM (which also doesn't happen at infancy iirc?)

Neonatal circumcision is a lot safer. It's why it happened for at least 1000 years in the Middle East without creating a historical mortality dip.

Probably a lot long longer than that. You get good at slicing.

Dogatron fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 7, 2021

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dogatron posted:

Neonatal circumcision is a lot safer. It's why it happened for at least 1000 years in the Middle East without creating a historical mortality dip.

common but if your older brother died of it you got a free pass (because it’s a good way to find out if haemophilia runs in the family)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

You are a piece of poo poo and I'm extremely glad you aren't systemically representative of trans people because you very obviously don't give a gently caress about other trans people potentally being able to have good lives.

Was gonna go debate bro and say 'please define "posting apologia for an institionally transphobic service"' but gently caress you just 1. tell us what would be sufficiently good enough for you and 2. highlight just one example that is systemically better than the one you're making GBS threads on. It should be very easy for you from your rhetoric.

how about a service which doesn't have 6 year waiting list and that doesn't demand strict conformity to conservative gender roles. Even the US system is better that the one we currently have at least there people can get prescribed hormones with in a year, or how about Belgium which has 6 clinics to England's 7 with a sixth of the population or Norway's which only has the one clinic but still manages to have much shorter waiting times

Rumda fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 7, 2021

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

The GICs do not give a poo poo about trans people and they should be replaced with a system of informed consent which will be able to help much much more people

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

feedmegin posted:

Jesus Christ what kind of circumcision did they do on YOU? :stare: My phimosis cut was clean and healed quickly.

Vitamin P is on my ignore list for a reason and this is why. Rumda you're 100% in the right and as far as I'm concerned you are absolutely free to speak for me if you want.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

i think evolution-wise sticking out ears is an improvement for the species

Blair and Charles did very well.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Rumda posted:

how about a service which doesn't have 6 year waiting list and that doesn't demand strict conformity to conservative gender roles. Even the US system is better that the one we currently have at lest there people can get prescribed hormones with in a year, or how about Belgium which has 6 clinic to England 7 with a sixth of the population or Norways which only has the one clinic but still manages to have much shorter waiting times

I'm sure the US system is significantly better for very rich people, unless you're leaning into the fake trope that trans people are all bored hedonists that's not relevant. Genuinely can't parse the last bit of your post but it seems like you're broadly describing Scandi counties which have a functionally very similar health system to the UK? Certainly you haven't made a meaningful disctinction.

You were explicitly saying young trans people shouldn't be engaging with UK health services and you aren't even remotely close to having made that point.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

A bad post by a bad person

Unremitting shite flows from you

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 7, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't see how the hell you can possibly parse those results as anything other than a systematized attempt to deny people healthcare without just explicitly stating it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

I'm sure the US system is significantly better for very rich people, unless you're leaning into the fake trope that trans people are all bored hedonists that's not relevant. Genuinely can't parse the last bit of your post but it seems like you're broadly describing Scandi counties which have a functionally very similar health system to the UK? Certainly you haven't made a meaningful disctinction.

In Norway my friend got referred in August and they have their first appointment in April, I was referred in February last year I have just received my acceptance of referral letter.

Vitamin P posted:

If you were explicitly saying young trans people shouldn't be engaging with UK health services and you aren't even remotely close to having made that point.
no I was saying that the UK gender service is entirely unfit for purpose and needs to be reformed root and branch because right now it is entirely designed to gatekeep and to enforce desistance on trans people. Any help they do is entirely incidental.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Guavanaut posted:

Found Miftan's nemesis

Bobstar posted:

Which bit does the Jesus live in?

It's all Jesus: corpus, skin and appendices.

Well it might be more of a shoggoth or asura rather than jesus, but speaking generally here.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I don't see how the hell you can possibly parse those results as anything other than a systematized attempt to deny people healthcare without just explicitly stating it.

The only way anyone can argue that the current situation is in anyway adequate is to explicitly ignore the experiences of trans people

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Dropping in to say that my Fudjit order arrived today.

Some exquisite fudge, shared with the family and will last us a good few days. ( I got a bit of everything!)

The Cherry Bakewell was a favourite.
Would highly recommend it to any that can.

Lovely stuff Camrath!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I genuinely want to know what the gently caress trans people in Britain are supposed to do when the clinics designed to help them are at best poo poo and at worst actively hostile and ran by people who don't have the best interests of trans people in mind

Do we just wait and hope to God that we get an introductory appointment before we die?

There's a reason GIC's are viewed with utter suspicion and contempt

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 7, 2021

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Dogatron posted:

Uhhh you have heard of Jewish people yes? Quite a lot longer than a thousand years, yes. I doubt they'd be doing it if it killed babies by the cartload.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ash Crimson posted:

I genuinely want to know what the gently caress trans people in Britain are supposed to do when the clinics designed to help them are at best poo poo and at worst actively hostile and ran by people who don't have the best interests of trans people in mind

roll over and be okay with it like the good little broken people we are

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i realise there are two quite heated debates going on atm but i would just like to say that asda bacon bites (which are vegetarian - figure that one out!!!!!) are a NOTCH ABOVE frazzles

aythankyou

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Rumda posted:

You know it's bad when the American healthcare system is an actual improvement over the current situation

And it's only going to get worse unfortunately

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

crispix posted:

i realise there are two quite heated debates going on atm but i would just like to say that asda bacon bites (which are vegetarian - figure that one out!!!!!) are a NOTCH ABOVE frazzles

aythankyou

Hmmmm you know thinking about it you might be correct on that, though I hadn't given the matter much consideration before

Ash Crimson posted:

You know it's bad when the American healthcare system is an actual improvement over the current situation

And it's only going to get worse unfortunately

It truly is bonkers that if I was in the US right now I could get HRT so much more easily than here, I mean I'd have to pay yea but like... probably not even more than going private here!

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Ash Crimson posted:

Conform and stop scaring the mumsnet lot.

I don't like posting about myself but I've come to the conclusion I'm probably non-binary. gently caress going to a doctor about it though.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Lol at the fact I have to undergo years worth of evaluations before I can access medication that cis people can easily obtain with relatively little hassle and gatekeeping

But sure the system is fit for purpose

I get that not everyone is familiar with this but gently caress me man, don't tell me it's sufficient when I've been waiting at least 2 years for an introductory appointment and that I've been forced into going private and paying thousands for basic poo poo that cis people can access with little fuss

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 7, 2021

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i dont understand how anyone could defend the GIC. Every person I know that has tried to use it has numerous horror stories that boggle the mind and defy explanation outside of it being a transphobic front that exists to torture trans people.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Rumda posted:

Aww poor baby, keep exploiting unrelated oppressed people to justify you being a nasty little streak of piss.

It actually took me a second to realise why your last post felt so scummy and apologies for MSpaint it's not terribly readable but the point stands

you clicked quote and then went and changed what was written in the quote box what is wrong with you? You can't be this actively nasty, actively wierd and actively dishonest and still be so nastily judgemental about actually useful poo poo. You have zero moral highground twat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i dont understand how anyone could defend the GIC. Every person I know that has tried to use it has numerous horror stories that boggle the mind and defy explanation outside of it being a transphobic front that exists to torture trans people.

Earlier this month an official twitter account from the Tavistock was tweeting articles from transphobes from America with pictures of razorblades on it. Utter scum

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

Aww poor baby, keep exploiting unrelated oppressed people to justify you being a nasty little streak of piss.

It actually took me a second to realise why your last post felt so scummy and apologies for MSpaint it's not terribly readable but the point stands

you clicked quote and then went and changed what was written in the quote box what is wrong with you? You can't be this actively nasty, actively wierd and actively dishonest and still be so nastily judgemental about actually useful poo poo. You have zero moral highground twat.

You're either just a loving liar, straight up delusional or a troll if you think GIC's are in anyway fit for purpose.

So which is it?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

all I did was separate your points so i could reply to them separately all your stunning prose is there entirely unchanged. Honestly even if you believe that i'm so wrong you have multiple other trans people agreeing with me and calling you out for the transphobic oval office you are.

edit you edited your post after I quoted it but before the deadline for the edit to show you disingenuous gently caress

Julio Cruz posted:

why is Vitamin P not threadbanned yet

can this please be what does it

Rumda fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 7, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
why is Vitamin P not threadbanned yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why do you even post, just gently caress off and we'd all be a lot happier.