Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The best football movies are M*A*S*H and Little Giants. The best team sports movie is Slap Shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Last year I tried to do that "let's watch football movies" thread during the offseason, and it didn't really go anywhere but I could probably bump it again if there's interest.

Maybe a catch all thread with documentaries like the good 30 for 30s and YouTube series as well?

Id be down

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Maybe a catch all thread with documentaries like the good 30 for 30s and YouTube series as well?

Id be down

This seems like a better idea because man football movies as a group go from watchable to straight trash like they're a drag car.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Timby posted:

Yes and no.

Sisko's corporeal form dies. :pseudo:

As originally written and filmed, Sisko never said anything about returning one day. Brooks shot the scene as written, but he was uncomfortable with it right from the start, as the optics of a Black man skipping town on his son and pregnant wife to go jet-setting with some wormhole aliens just didn't sit right with him and played into a lot of racial stereotypes. So he personally appealed to Ira Behr, who wrote some new dialogue about Sisko promising his return.

One of the reasons that was so important to Brooks was his relationship with Cirroc Lofton. Lofton was just 13 when he started working on DS9, so here he is, just startiyoung adulthood and puberty and all that jazz, yet starring on a show that had long-rear end working hours. Brooks knew how rocky of a situation Lofton was in, so he immediately took him under his wing and essentially adopted him as his work son. Brooks would help Lofton with his rehearsals, made sure he was keeping up with his schoolwork, helped him get ready to go out on dates with girls, the whole nine yards. He also brought his own son, who was only a year apart from Lofton, to the set quite often, because he wanted to be sure Lofton had the opportunity to socialize with someone his own age instead of just a bunch of actors, knowing that it's pretty hard to grow up as a normal kid when you're in Hollywood, and he wanted Lofton to be as well-adjusted as one could hope for. Basically, Brooks was raising Lofton from Day One and continued to be his mentor long after the show ended. (For example, Lofton used to have a restaurant in Los Angeles, and Brooks would often make appearances there and at the wine bar next door--which Lofton's wife owned--to drum up business.)

So if you're ever finding yourself thinking that Sisko and Jake have really good on-screen chemistry, it's because the actors had a legitimate father-son relationship, and the love you see on the screen was absolutely very genuine and real both on-camera and off.
[/quote

Avery Brooks was too good for the Star Trek universe and I'm bummed he's basically ended his acting career because I would've loved to see a follow-on movie or cameo where he and Jake reunited 😕

[quote="FizFashizzle" post="513021575"]
https://twitter.com/jaredpushner/status/1367946693531025413?s=21

Warming up for a date later?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Necessary Roughness is the only one you need to see.

Varsity Blues is an under rated film

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/neontaster/status/1367619192271364100

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Semi-Tough is an incredibly underrated football movie.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you don't watch Any Given Sunday, you just kind of let it wash over you and soak in the Oliver Stone

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
the miami sharks

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Alaois posted:

you don't watch Any Given Sunday, you just kind of let it wash over you and soak in the Oliver Stone

Sunday morning
Makes me feel
So godly
Pardon me
If I take your sooooooul

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Varsity Blues has some of the best-shot football action in any football movie.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Reminds me of one night in college when my buddy across the hall left his computer loudly playing "Beer" by Reel Big Fish on repeat well into the night one Saturday, while he went to a party. Fortunately I was able to climb in his window and cease the music after about the seventh time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nick Jr. Face posted:

the miami sharks

whats a good color scheme for a team that plays in Miami? ah yeah i know, all black

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Leperflesh posted:

Last year I tried to do that "let's watch football movies" thread during the offseason, and it didn't really go anywhere but I could probably bump it again if there's interest.

Wildcats is worth a watch from an anthropological perspective. It's a comedy where all the jokes have been substituted for casual racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. This makes the movie less offensive and more weirdly boring. It also has the obligatory song sung by Football players.

It's basically the 80s incarnate.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

Vanderbeeks Texas accent makes me want to swallow bleach.

I still watch it all the time though. The movie is good enough to make up for it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

Vanderbeeks Texas accent makes me want to swallow bleach.

I still watch it all the time though. The movie is good enough to make up for it.

"I dohn't wahnt your life."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

He saw that video of that little Russian girl beating up the tree and wanted to one-up her?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

C-Euro posted:

He saw that video of that little Russian girl beating up the tree and wanted to one-up her?

I would much, much rather get in a fist fight with Madison Cawthorn than a random tiny russian girl.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wow this is nuts.

Court exam adjourned after witness, defendant found together in livestream

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I liked Friday night lights. The movie was good and the show was good (aside from the dumb sub plot with the dead dude).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Varsity Blues is like 75% of the reason I'm a leftist.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dude loving crushed this ball.

https://twitter.com/MrRogers99/status/1368285352180518918

E: that's a 530 yard par 5 that he's swinging for the green on and hit a 370 yard drive

https://twitter.com/PGATOURComms/status/1368285236065341457

Oh poo poo someone hit a hole in one during this tourney too

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1368266698210619398

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 7, 2021

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Skwirl posted:

"I dohn't wahnt your life."

One time years ago a friend of mine called up another and simply yelled into the phone, "I DON'T WANT"

It was 2 or 3 weeks later, they were hanging out and he turned to him and said, "YOUR LIFE!"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hey it's my dog.

I have legit thought about making that suspended harness thing to hang her in to clip her nails she is such a pain about it. She will legit try to take a chunk out of you if you don't immobilize her head.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Your description did not do it justice

Hot Diggity! posted:

Dude loving crushed this ball.

https://twitter.com/MrRogers99/status/1368285352180518918

E: that's a 530 yard par 5 that he's swinging for the green on and hit a 370 yard drive

https://twitter.com/PGATOURComms/status/1368285236065341457

Oh poo poo someone hit a hole in one during this tourney too

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1368266698210619398
This is alarming because the local sports radio guy loves Spieth and will talk about golf for a million years instead of interesting stuff if Spieth starts heating up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, I've been a DC fan more than a Marvel fan my whole life. The Marvel movies are so much better. And it's because if this had actually happened, I would've just threw my hands up and noped out permanently.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-sequels-batman-lois-child/

Storyboards for Zack Snyder's originally planned Justice League sequels have emerged, and one major takeaway is that the films would have seen Lois Lane give birth to Bruce Wayne's child.

According to the storyboards, Justice League 2 would have Batman discover Lois was pregnant, only for her to insist the child wasn't his. Five years later, in Justice League 3, The Flash would have traveled back in time to tell Bruce, "Lois lied to you. You're the father." This would prompt Batman to dive in front of Darkseid's Omega Beams, which killed Lois in the previous timeline but only injured Bruce in this one.

In the ensuing battle against Darkseid, Batman would sacrifice himself to save the world. Then, when the dust settled, Superman would learn Lois was carrying Bruce's child before admitting he always knew. Nevertheless, he'd embrace her, seemingly agreeing to father the child in Bruce's absence.

20 years later, Commissioner Barbara Gordon would meet with Lois after a memorial for Batman and ask her if she ever planned to tell her son about his true parentage. This would prompt Lois to show her son the Batcave and reveal the truth. Justice League 3 would then end with a new Batman rising from the shadows.

Snyder recently discussed his plans for a romance between Lois and Bruce, saying, "The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life. So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: 'I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.' And of course, that doesn’t work out for him."

Jesus Christ DC. Pull your poo poo together and make an enjoyable superhero movie that doesn't poo poo all over your well established characters.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

Replacements was on while I was eating pancakes, so today is the day I realized that these two fine people are the same actor:

I'm sure the rest of you knew that but there it is.

Also in Rudy.

Are there roles that have defined an actor for anyone else? Like, maybe it was the first time you saw them or it was a character that stuck for some reason.

For me, Sean Astin will always be Dave from Encino Man. We watched them movie countless times growing up.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Neil Armbong posted:

Also in Rudy.

Are there roles that have defined an actor for anyone else? Like, maybe it was the first time you saw them or it was a character that stuck for some reason.

For me, Sean Astin will always be Dave from Encino Man. We watched them movie countless times growing up.

Sean Astin will always be Mikey from the Goonies with the occasional detour into the delinquent commando kid from Toy Soldiers.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Ok, I've been a DC fan more than a Marvel fan my whole life. The Marvel movies are so much better. And it's because if this had actually happened, I would've just threw my hands up and noped out permanently.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-sequels-batman-lois-child/

Storyboards for Zack Snyder's originally planned Justice League sequels have emerged, and one major takeaway is that the films would have seen Lois Lane give birth to Bruce Wayne's child.

According to the storyboards, Justice League 2 would have Batman discover Lois was pregnant, only for her to insist the child wasn't his. Five years later, in Justice League 3, The Flash would have traveled back in time to tell Bruce, "Lois lied to you. You're the father." This would prompt Batman to dive in front of Darkseid's Omega Beams, which killed Lois in the previous timeline but only injured Bruce in this one.

In the ensuing battle against Darkseid, Batman would sacrifice himself to save the world. Then, when the dust settled, Superman would learn Lois was carrying Bruce's child before admitting he always knew. Nevertheless, he'd embrace her, seemingly agreeing to father the child in Bruce's absence.

20 years later, Commissioner Barbara Gordon would meet with Lois after a memorial for Batman and ask her if she ever planned to tell her son about his true parentage. This would prompt Lois to show her son the Batcave and reveal the truth. Justice League 3 would then end with a new Batman rising from the shadows.

Snyder recently discussed his plans for a romance between Lois and Bruce, saying, "The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life. So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: 'I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.' And of course, that doesn’t work out for him."

Jesus Christ DC. Pull your poo poo together and make an enjoyable superhero movie that doesn't poo poo all over your well established characters.

Batman not only beats the poo poo out of superman but cucks him too.

Amazing.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Skwirl posted:

He directed that second film too.

Nope that’s Iron Man 3 directed by Shane Black, the best Iron Man :eng101:

Neil Armbong posted:

Also in Rudy.

Sean Astin will always be Samwise.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

They could just do the Injustice storyline as a few movies and it'd be way less bleak then this.

Anyway, total side note, I was looking for something in last year's thread and Lowtax was outed and sold the forums in Late June of last year. How the gently caress was that so recent?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Favreau will always be Mikey in Swingers. Awkwardly recording 10 increasingly desperate messages on a girls machine.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pops Mgee posted:

Sean Astin will always be Samwise.

The ball turret gunner in that really sappy and terrible WW2 movie.

Memphis Belle, I blanked on the name for a second.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Qwijib0 posted:

My parents in law recently redid theirs and every lower cabinet is full extension drawers and now I want nothing but when I get the chance to redo mine. Not having to bend and reach for stuff in the back is amazing.

Some of our lower cabinets now have a platform about halfway up that pulls out, is that what you mean? Or are they those ones that look like cabinets but the whole thing pulls out? Those seem real handy.

Dango Bango posted:

I mounted a magnetic strip to the side of a cabinet by the sink and I absolutely love it. No more knives laying out on the drying rack or laying wait in a drawer if you're getting something else out.

Magnetic knife thing seems achievable with our expanded kitchen, and it seems like a great way to get rid of the knife block that takes up so much space.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Silly Burrito posted:

:words: about Snyder's supposed DC Justice League sequels

I was watching Man of Steel earlier on WatchW.me (the new version of WindowsMovieHouse) and the change to Jonathan Kent creates such a fundamental shift in Clark's character that it's :psyduck:.

I've now come around to being excited for the Snyder Cut of Justice League in that I can't wait to hate-watch that train wreck.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't remember Batman and Lois ever talking to each other in those movies, when were they supposed to bang?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Very excited as we did some demo today and are getting our final layouts ready to start doing more detailed planning for our kitchen. Here is the before and proposed after. If anyone has feedback, I'm all ears.

Before:

After:

For the record there is more in the room, I only bothered to model the actual kitchen stuff. This area is the kitchen/dining room/family room (weird long, narrow room). The wall that had the useless high shelf is against a stairway, and can't really be removed. The "back" of the bluish wall at the upper left is a pantry that's about 3' x 3' (not modeled at all), and the bumped out doorway next to it leads to the rest of the house (yes it is a huge PITA going in that way because the refrigerator is so close to the wall currently).

It isn't our "dream kitchen", but we're planning to sell once everything is renovated in a few years, and we're hoping this should help sell it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Neil Armbong posted:

Also in Rudy.

Sean Astin is Bob Newby from season 2 of Stranger Things, mainly cause that’s the only thing I can consistently remember him from that I saw within the last 15 years.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

I was watching Man of Steel earlier on WatchW.me (the new version of WindowsMovieHouse) and the change to Jonathan Kent creates such a fundamental shift in Clark's character that it's :psyduck:.

I've now come around to being excited for the Snyder Cut of Justice League in that I can't wait to hate-watch that train wreck.

I will watch it, but I remember just hating Batman v Superman and thinking "how the gently caress did they screw up the Death of Superman AND Dark Knight Returns in the SAME MOVIE?????"

C-Euro posted:

I don't remember Batman and Lois ever talking to each other in those movies, when were they supposed to bang?

Right after Superman's funeral I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

Nope that’s Iron Man 3 directed by Shane Black, the best Iron Man :eng101:

Fair point, but as much as I hate Iron-Man 2 I kinda wish he'd directed the first Avengers.