Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Thoguh posted:

That's a photoshop but all of her actual tweets are getting extremely ratiod.

Ah gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i was wondering how long it would take someone to come up with this take as if sinema was the quintessential arizona woman

in actuality she has a forty four percent approval rating and won a squeaker against mcsally a candidate so uniquely terrible she lost in a blowout to mark kelly two years later despite having the incumbency advantage of an appointment to mccains vacated seat in a year that saw broad republican gains in the congressional vote versus 2018s democratic blowout

sinema being on the ballot at all is probably going to destroy the democrats arizona chances in 2024 unless arizona republicans do something really stupid like nominating mcsally again which is to be fair not something we can completely rule out

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ardennes posted:

So basically, the Dems big accomplishment was passing a medium-sized (for the COVID era) stimulus bill with some extra subsidies on the side?

From what I saw pretty much that most of the subsidies would sunset either in a few months or by the end of the year, and otherwise there doesn't really seem to be any permanent changes. Even something like "15% higher spending on food stamps" is only going to last a couple of months.

Also, that child tax credit is only being expanded from $2000 to $3000-3600, it is only an extra $1000-1600 per child for a single year. All of this is just temporary spending and is at arguably compromised by the other cuts made.

$10 billion shoved into the maw of private insurance, which no one is gonna buy even with expanded subsidies, bc who wants a $15k/year family deductible + ultra-narrow provider networks.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
so does anyone remember anything where the dems passed a milquetoast stimulus bill in response to a financial crash while a new strain of crazy was spreading through the GOP ahead of a midterm election?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Stringent posted:

so does anyone remember anything where the dems passed a milquetoast stimulus bill in response to a financial crash while a new strain of crazy was spreading through the GOP ahead of a midterm election?
Nah there was a FASCIST in the white house, its different this time

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

stellers bae posted:

can’t wait to see what the MSM narrative about the Biden riots of summer 2021 will be

all the violence will be blamed on right wing infiltrators that the cops were forced to stop

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Some Guy TT posted:

i was wondering how long it would take someone to come up with this take as if sinema was the quintessential arizona woman

in actuality she has a forty four percent approval rating and won a squeaker against mcsally a candidate so uniquely terrible she lost in a blowout to mark kelly two years later despite having the incumbency advantage of an appointment to mccains vacated seat in a year that saw broad republican gains in the congressional vote versus 2018s democratic blowout

sinema being on the ballot at all is probably going to destroy the democrats arizona chances in 2024 unless arizona republicans do something really stupid like nominating mcsally again which is to be fair not something we can completely rule out

It's clear that there's collusion between the two parties to maintain apparent parity so that they can take turns playing obstructionist to anything that their collective corporate owners don't like.

Blue wave, red wave, it's all bullshit.

John_A_Tallon has issued a correction as of 02:26 on Mar 7, 2021

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

THS posted:

so when do the democrats start working on entitlement reform and the deficit

they didn't rescind the auto-paycuts to medicare/medicaid for the stimulus bill but I was told they will rescind the cuts before they are made. Snap of the fingers and poof! they're gone! :kiddo:

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Willa Rogers posted:

they didn't rescind the auto-paycuts to medicare/medicaid for the stimulus bill but I was told they will rescind the cuts before they are made. Snap of the fingers and poof! they're gone! :kiddo:

They're in there to make Medicare/Medicaid the hostages for 2022. A preview:

"You can't just stay at home! You have to get out there and Vote Blue No Matter Who, or the Republicans won't rescind the Medicare and Medicaid cuts!"

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

They've got another chance at reconciliation in 2022 in which they could literally raise taxes on the wealthy even as far as nine years after 2022 to cover those cuts, and they will throw that chance away right before they start arguing that

LinkedIn is advertising "Here’s a look at the true cost of a $15 minimum wage, according to a new CBO report." on my notifications page.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 02:46 on Mar 7, 2021

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

THS posted:

this thread has improved markedly without taintrunner and Dore Chat

yea it's amazing how rotten this thread was before

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

Lol Medicaid and Medicare are getting cut 100%

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raccooon posted:

Lol Medicaid and Medicare are getting cut 100%

They won’t be able to help themselves. Certainly not for a year and a half

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Flunky posted:

There's a lot more going on right now with the dems being very succ.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/status/1368329953138376709

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

show us what was on the $13,000 receipt

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/27/covid-relief-may-trigger-cuts-to-medicare-student-loans.html
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/13/biden-cuts-medicare-farm-aid-468895

They put out a bunch of articles which say "every expert we interviewed say it won't happen because the mandatory spending cuts include defense cuts and farm spending" as if that those things weren't already cut in a sequester in 2013

https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/usda-fy2021-budget-summary.pdf It was hard to find a place that mentioned it explicitly, but "Pursuant to the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985, sequestration is included in the numbers for mandatory programs in 2018 and 2019. The sequestration rate for 2019 is 6.2 percent and 2020 is 5.9 percent. The 2021 sequestration rate were not released at the time of this publication therefore, mandatory funds for 2020 and 2021 do not reflect a sequester reduction." and the sequester expired that year.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 03:14 on Mar 7, 2021

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

https://twitter.com/leftflankvets/status/1368328269548949511

the ratio on the Sinema tweet lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Oh wow. Maybe you should have convicted him of corruption

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The perfect timing for a deficit/austerity bill would be just after midterms.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Starting to think the democrats aren't very good

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqkT4B-9MGk

THS
Sep 15, 2017

really queer Christmas posted:

Starting to think the democrats aren't very good

they arent perfect but whats the alternative

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Honestly? King poo poo

If I were a succdem politician, this is what I'd do. You want your tax cuts, fuckers? Buy me the ridiculous $10,000 steak nobody has ever actually ordered. And another one. No, I'm not full yet, keep em coming. What's that? You've already spent enough to buy a house in some states on my loving dinner? Well that's too loving bad because I'm still loving hungry. If you're not careful I might get so hungry I accidentally represent my constituency's interests instead of yours! Yeah, that's what I thought. This steak is overdone, I'm gonna throw it on the floor, bring me a better one. Chop chop garcon

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
NICHAEL

https://twitter.com/KFosterStomberg/status/1368376340060266502?s=20

HOW CAN YOUR DAD DO THIS TO US?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I know it's $300k TOTAL, not in one night, but that just means Bob Menendez is a coward. I'd match that total in an hour. Bring me your most overpriced bottle of whiskey, I'm gonna gargle with it and shatter the rest on the ground care of New Millenium Political Action Committee

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Some Guy TT posted:

My "anyone but McSally" stance would at least get some thought against Sinema again.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

THS posted:

Hmm, sounds like I just need to vote harder

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit

THS posted:

this is why we need taintrunner

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

stellers bae posted:

A taintrunner with out the being a sex monster would be preferable

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Flunky posted:

Dore was proven correct though - we never would've gotten all of this Krysten Kontent if the vote hadn't been forced.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

$10 billion shoved into the maw of private insurance, which no one is gonna buy even with expanded subsidies, bc who wants a $15k/year family deductible + ultra-narrow provider networks.

someone i know just got a $2500 bill for having a miscarriage complication solved, because on top of the $500 deductible there was a 20% or whatever coinsurance. even more fun is they didn't even hit their out of pocket max!

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit

mastershakeman posted:

someone i know just got a $2500 bill for having a miscarriage complication solved, because on top of the $500 deductible there was a 20% or whatever coinsurance. even more fun is they didn't even hit their out of pocket max!

assuming they hit their OOP max at that point, that’s actually gold plated healthcare

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Rick posted:

My "anyone but McSally" stance would at least get some thought against Sinema again.
a quintessential monkey's paw scenario for sure

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Wonder Twins Powers... ACTIVATE

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

stellers bae posted:

nah we don't need sex pests in here, we do need the lib yelling though

Ahahahahah loving hell

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pair of evil nerds.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I love obama because he’s such a piece of poo poo cynical hypocrite ghoul he always gives up the game about himself and mutters the truth about his shittines from how disgusted he is with the people who voted for him.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lol this is way worse than krysten cinnamon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

when you lose elections, there's consequences... and then demented old men rub them in your face