Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Japan Cup March 6th
MOTYC
Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi
- absolutely Herculean effort from Okada with a busted back. Shingo was good too I guess

HM
Tomoaki Honma vs Minoru Suzuki
- Honma recaptures some of that 2014-15 magic, even if it's just for one more match
KENTA vs Juice Robinson
- lost me in a couple of places, but the final stretch got real good, especially once Kenta started slapping the poo poo out of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi, NJPW New Japan Cup, 06/03

Kazuchika Okada hates his back and so does Shingo Takagi

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi New Japan Cup 06.03

HOLY loving SHIITTTTT

:sbahj:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

HOLY loving SHIITTTTT

Nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Minoru Suzuki vs Tomoaki Honma New Japan Cup 06.03

Old man violence is such a solid concept that it got a good match out of goddamn Honma.

Nth

Cerebral Bore posted:

HOLY loving SHIITTTTT

Nth

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

2nd.

Taichi is now the best wrestler in NJPW

Shingo laughs in your face.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

HOLY loving SHIITTTTT

Nth. While I still think the G1 match was better, this match was still fantastic and still had me yelling at the TV by the end of it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate at Korakuen Hall 3/4

HM: Dragon Kid vs. SB Kento

Nice singles showing for Kento. Gets docked for the predictable smoz at the end leading into YAMATO/KAI and the set up for the DoA match.

Dragon Gate Championship Gate Night 1, 3/6

HM: Masaaki Mochizuki & Takashi Yoshida vs. Bokutimo Dragon & Kota Minoura vs. Don Fujii & U-T

Fun match, surprised at how well Mochizuki and Yoshida are gelling as a team and I'm warming up to goofy babyface Yoshida. Just keep him away from singles maches.

MOTYC: Open the Brave Gate Championship - Keisuke Okuda vs. H・Y・O

Got-drat, this match was cool as hell. H・Y・O outdid my expectations and even the heel shenanigans were fun Doing the Eddie chair spot not to get your opponent DQd but to set up a ref bump so you have time to do a really stupid chair-assisted senton had me howling.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- absolutely Herculean effort from Okada with a busted back. Shingo was good too I guess

HM
- Honma recaptures some of that 2014-15 magic, even if it's just for one more match
KENTA vs Juice Robinson
- lost me in a couple of places, but the final stretch got real good, especially once Kenta started slapping the poo poo out of him

Agreed

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ChocoPro #93 March 6th
HM
Emi Sakura & Yuna Mizumori vs Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki

Emi Sakura said they'd be stepping up the match quality/work rate on the road to ChocoPro #100 in the wake of the spotlight on Gatoh Move brought by Stardom and AEW, and it's true!

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
GCW Take Kare 3/6/21

HM
G Raver vs Jimmy Lloyd

A really good barbed wire ropes match.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Oil! posted:

GCW Take Kare 3/6/21

HM
G Raver vs Jimmy Lloyd

A really good barbed wire ropes match.

2nd

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fez_machine posted:

ChocoPro #93 March 6th
HM
Emi Sakura & Yuna Mizumori vs Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki

Emi Sakura said they'd be stepping up the match quality/work rate on the road to ChocoPro #100 in the wake of the spotlight on Gatoh Move brought by Stardom and AEW, and it's true!

+1

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Hm: Nolan Edward vs Alex Colon GCW Take Kare 3/6/21

This was really loving rad

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: BUSHI, SANADA & Shingo Takagi vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Master Wato, NJPW Road to New Beginning, Jan. 24

Fun house show main event with some really hard work by everyone.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
GCW Take Kare 3/6/21

HM
Rickey Shane Page vs Joey Janela

Watch it, great spots, but can't say much more without spoilers.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

HOLY loving SHIITTTTT

Nth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, Goto & SHO) vs LIJ (Naito, SANADA, Shingo & BUSHI) New Japan Cup 07.03

An excellent match on its own merits and an even better hype match for the upcoming NJC bouts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Shingo Takagi/SANADA/Tetsuya Naito/BUSHI vs. Kazuchika Okada/Tomohiro Ishii/Hirooki Goto/SHO, NJPW New Japan Cup, 07/03

Not really a surprise that this combination of good wrestlers (and BUSHI) had a good match

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: ZSJ vs Gabriel Kidd New Japan Cup 07.03

This was the best match in its style that I've seen for, hell, so long that I can't recall the last one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Gabriel Kidd, NJPW New Japan Cup, 07/03

Love a bit of grapplefucking on a Sunday morning

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Gabriel Kidd in the New Japan Cup Round 1 - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/7

Perfect in-ring chemistry between these guys, and the counters and holds and their transitions on display were just stunning.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Gabriel Kidd, NJPW New Japan Cup, 07/03

Love a bit of grapplefucking on a Sunday morning

Nth. Kidd has improved out of all recognition.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM
KENTA vs Juice Robinson

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Change the Wind Direction March 6th
MOTYC
121000000 vs NEO Biishiki-gun - Don't want to spoil who made the finals, but pure entertainment from start to finish

HM
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Deathmatch Rangers (Sena Shiori and Hikari Noa)
121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Miki Itoh) vs Kyoraku Komei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)
Kamiyu vs Mizuki vs Haruna Neko
Yuka Sakazaki and Bakuretsu Sisters (Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) vs Pom Harajuku and Daydream (Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe)

Another real good show from TJPW

nth to all of these

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HM - NJPW New Japan Cup March 7th
Gabriel Kidd vs Zack Sabre Jr
- Match of the night, Gabe had some great moments

e: J-Ru would like to note I made a typo for the March 6th TJPW show. Misao and Shoko are 'Kyoraku Kyomei', whereas I wrote down 'Komei' which everybody quoted

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 7, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Change the Wind Direction March 6th
MOTYC
121000000 vs NEO Biishiki-gun - Don't want to spoil who made the finals, but pure entertainment from start to finish

HM
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Deathmatch Rangers (Sena Shiori and Hikari Noa)
121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Miki Itoh) vs Kyoraku Komei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)
Kamiyu vs Mizuki vs Haruna Neko
Yuka Sakazaki and Bakuretsu Sisters (Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) vs Pom Harajuku and Daydream (Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe)

Another real good show from TJPW

I'll Nth all these.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

e: J-Ru would like to note I made a typo for the March 6th TJPW show. Misao and Shoko are 'Kyoraku Kyomei', whereas I wrote down 'Komei' which everybody quoted

Fixed now, thanks!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Great Voyage in Yokohama March 7th
MOTYC
Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba) (c) vs Agression (Masa Kitamiya and Katsuhiko Nakajima) - GHC Tag Team Championship
- Broken Down Saku and Old Man Sugi do it again, these are the flag bearers for the 50+ performers. Awesome match, although marred by an unnecessarily sick headbutt in the closing moments.

HM
Kenoh vs Kendo Kashin
- Weaker than Kenoh's last couple of defences, but still quite a bit better than I was expecting from Kashin
Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura vs M's Alliance (Keiji Mutoh, Naomichi Marufuji and Masato Tanaka)
- For gently caress's sake Go take a loving break and heal up, let Kiyomiya hold up the company for a bit. Mutoh really showed his age in a few places but the other 5 were very enjoyable

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Great Voyage in Yokohama March 7th
MOTYC
Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba) (c) vs Agression (Masa Kitamiya and Katsuhiko Nakajima) - GHC Tag Team Championship
- Broken Down Saku and Old Man Sugi do it again, these are the flag bearers for the 50+ performers. Awesome match, although marred by an unnecessarily sick headbutt in the closing moments.

HM
Kenoh vs Kendo Kashin
- Weaker than Kenoh's last couple of defences, but still quite a bit better than I was expecting from Kashin
Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura vs M's Alliance (Keiji Mutoh, Naomichi Marufuji and Masato Tanaka)
- For gently caress's sake Go take a loving break and heal up, let Kiyomiya hold up the company for a bit. Mutoh really showed his age in a few places but the other 5 were very enjoyable

Was about to nominate for these so Nth.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki vs. Tomoaki Honma, NJPW New Japan Cup, 06/03

If this had been any other opponent for Suzuki it would be an HM but him getting such a good match out of Honma is a goddam miracle

nth. much better than a HM imo. Honma is one of the most underrated wrestlers of the past ten years

Cerebral Bore posted:

HOLY loving SHIITTTTT

nth. tremendous

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

HOLY loving SHIITTTTT

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

Hm: Nolan Edward vs Alex Colon GCW Take Kare 3/6/21

This was really loving rad

nth

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate Championship Gate Night 2, 3/7

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship - BxB Hulk & KAI vs. Masaaki Mochizuki and Takeshi Yoshida

Solid match with some really effective heat and the finishing stretch with Mochizuki and Yoshida going all fiery babyface was great.

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Shun Skywalker vs. Kaito Ishida

What a war. Absolutely phenomenal match that used all of it's 30 minutes perfectly. Shun and Ishida were lightning together.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Shingo Takagi vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & SHO, NJPW Road to New Beginning Jan 25

This was an excellent prelude match that had a fantastic last five minutes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
3rd March
Stardom All Star Dream Cinderella
High Speed Title
AZM vs Natsupoi

Best Natsupoi performance I've seen since she jumped from TJPW

HM
Momo Watanabe vs Nanae Takahashi

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 8, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Riho & Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker & MAKI loving ITOH AEW Revolution Preshow 08.03

I can't believe they let the simps have this for free.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Thunder Rosa/Riho vs. Britt Baker/Reba, AEW Revolution, 08/03

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Riho & Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker & MAKI loving ITOH AEW Revolution Preshow 08.03

I can't believe they let the simps have this for free.

nth

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rarity posted:

+1

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Rarity posted:

Nth. What an excellent match!