Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

InnercityGriot posted:

I just hope the game doesn't become a plundefest over a few high star players and instead teams call up cool names from their shadows and boost them, we need more Chorby Shorts in the game

Plunders can also just go horribly wrong if you execute it early and then someone else just steals them from you immediately, leaving you having wasted a will. You have to be pretty sure no one else is behind you in the standings that might target the same player. Shadows and infuse are just so much better at long term improvements to any team.

Having said that, it is going to be chaos tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Would it really be that bad if some Fridays fan voted to get York back? It kinda doesn't feel like that big a deal.

E: Like I don't get what's so frustrating about the hypothetical outcome of the Garages plundering Jalen or whatever. I can get thinking that's a boring move and being disappointed but it seems absurd that would ruin the game for you.

i mean the Fridays explicitly don't want York back (they're extremely happy lore-wise with him being on the MTs), so i'm pretty sure they'd be upset with that at least.

more specifically like people are saying most of the teams I've seen have come to the consensus that they'd rather boost their own players than try to steal back players they haven't had for months (exception of course are the new teams, and i doubt anyone will really get upset if they try and boost their starting line-up a bit). So the Fridays stealing back York or the Garages stealing back Jaylen or whatever is going to be the result of some individual's random wimdy vote instead of any concerted effort by a team. and as much as having your election plans ruined by the Crab Economy sucked, having them ruined by someone ostensibly on your own side is probably going to feel a lot worse to people.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I will not rest until Kofi Groverhaus is on the Mechanics main roster

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Fridays discord channel or w/e is full of posts saying don't poach players, its bad vibes

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I think my IRL Detroit sports fandom, and the very real possibility that all four of their major sports teams could finish in dead last this year, has led me to value winning much less in these sorts of things. If Valentine Games gets plundered off the Tacos, oh well, maybe we'll get someone good next election. Having teams slightly improve with the potential for large swings in either direction sounds entertaining to me.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

There has been zero mention of poaching from the thieves, we are singular in our goal of getting Tillman to hit and Blood to pitch. And maybe 4th strike and maybe enhance someone.

E: also if poaching did happen I trust the game band would make it “a thing” like they did counterfeit peanuts. Our currency overlords would do something to punish us for our transgressions.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I am still explicitly ignoring Firefighters groupthink because it's far more fun to me to vote and hope for the best and then be pleasantly surprised when we get nothing AGAIN instead of trying to put all the eggs in one basket only to be outvoted by the Crabs in nearly every good AND bad blessing anyway.

The sheer size of fanbases are far more important in actionable changes than organization. That is to say, if something good comes along you're going to be outvoted. Just vote for what you want and hope for the best and create the lore afterward. That's how sports works, you can be sure that's how splorts is going to work too. Everything else is random, too. Trying to engineer the randomness only breeds contempt.

In my opinion.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

E: Like I don't get what's so frustrating about the hypothetical outcome of the Garages plundering Jalen or whatever. I can get thinking that's a boring move and being disappointed but it seems absurd that would ruin the game for you.

Getting Jaylen back would be dumb as poo poo because she has a buff that makes here EXTREMELY susceptible to getting traded. You don't have Jaylen, you just borrow her.

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
I think with wills it all comes down to how you view your team's community. It's basically a blind ballot box for you to throw in your amazing/terrible tactical decisions and be safe in the knowledge that somebody probably suggested something worse and that you're not accountable, as a team or individual, for bad scores / drama that come about as a result. Like I've just basically used it as a way to invest in my true opinions for the best actions of the team. If that lines up with others, great. If not? Eh they should have invested more of their own votes in it. I think it's a push by the devs to make team interplay a beat meaner and more competitive without that making the team communities more hostile to each other

100% people are going to get salty about unpopular choices winning but as an individual you could just go into the discord channel and go "aw no what a shame! I put all of my votes into giving Jessica Telephone kitty cat ears, I can't believe somebody incinerated her!" If your thing wins and it'll just be some anonymous person with bad opinions rather than "this specific meanie" or "this team of meanies"

Macdoo fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 7, 2021

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

reminder:

https://twitter.com/SchneiderBendie/status/1300362459853795329

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I changed teams without a flute or even trying. Cool

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Congrats to the Tigers for winning the 3rd and not ascending

...You know, now I'm curious to see what would happen if evolution came into effect and the Tigers started to immediately mutate :unsmigghh:

Lone Goat posted:

Getting Jaylen back would be dumb as poo poo because she has a buff that makes here EXTREMELY susceptible to getting traded. You don't have Jaylen, you just borrow her.

That blowout game against the Peanut is as close as the Shoe Thieves are going to get to getting Workman Gloom back. :(

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I changed teams without a flute or even trying. Cool

go to the Website Bugs channel on the discord and tell them what happened and they'll sort you out

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
everything is fine.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

lmao one of the Firefighters' wills was to boost the pile of ash that used to be Joshua Butt

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Did the firefighters vote to infuse a dead player? Also tacos are good again

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

drat Fridays got boned.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
That was a disastrous election for the Mints. Sigh. There is always next week I guess.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Victory Position posted:

...You know, now I'm curious to see what would happen if evolution came into effect and the Tigers started to immediately mutate :unsmigghh:

That blowout game against the Peanut is as close as the Shoe Thieves are going to get to getting Workman Gloom back. :(

Well they evolved, a version of mutating

Also ty mints, we didn’t get a blessing but we got mostly everything we wanted and your newly enhanced pudge :rip:

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 7, 2021

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Ouch, the Worms infused Huber Frumple, who was then immediately stolen by the Pies

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

BOOOOOOOOOOO

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Watching the Flowers swipe Nagomi and then promptly stash them in the Shadows is... well, it's a thing that happened, yep

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

lmao Wings were worried about getting Burke stolen and in the end we kept him and stole Jessica Telephone (which was just some rando putting a bunch of votes for that, the discord was all against stealing).

I actually would have preferred to Infuse someone, oh well.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Moist Talkers lost star pitcher PolkaDot Patterson (who got Trusted for some unknown reason) to the Mechanics but now our bats look like this

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

God drat it I was too lazy to vote in this election and forgot entirely about Eat the Rich.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Yeah, as upsetting as the election was as a Mints fan. At least we didn't shadow an all-time player or infuse a pile of ashes i suppose.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I need to see what the hell happened in Discord to get Joshua Butt buffed in death.

Glad we got rid of Declan though. Stupid loving Declan.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

rickiep00h posted:

I need to see what the hell happened in Discord to get Joshua Butt buffed in death.

My guess is that all the votes to Infuse him were cast pre-Incineration, and, well, that's the ticket that got drawn

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

blastron posted:

God drat it I was too lazy to vote in this election and forgot entirely about Eat the Rich.

Same.

Jazz Hands taking baby steps so we can play Giant Steps later. That said our infuse roll could’ve been better as evidenced by literally the next team to roll wills getting a better one

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I like that the Shoe Thieves found a consensus on the Fourth Strike that was so unilateral that the odds matched up with the amount of people who voted for it.

Average Lettuce posted:

lmao Wings were worried about getting Burke stolen and in the end we kept him and stole Jessica Telephone (which was just some rando putting a bunch of votes for that, the discord was all against stealing).

I actually would have preferred to Infuse someone, oh well.

Pitching Machine is on the Worms now, in exchange for someone new.

Victory Position fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 7, 2021

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Also the Pitching Machine is a batter now

like the third-best batter on the Worms

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

InnercityGriot posted:

Also tacos are good again
My precious hoard of stale popcorn :argh:

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Steaks unscathed! :toot:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

That election really couldn't have gone better for the Mills, we got exactly what we wanted across the board.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Wyatt Glover ate poo poo in a reroll blessing and is now a worse batter than NaN, rip the entire economy.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

rickiep00h posted:

Same. The only issue is that the replacement also has a single star of Hitting and wasn't the replacement we were targeting.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

tinstaach posted:

The Tacos are content to replace Peanut Bong with a 3-star pitcher from the Shadows rather than hurt anyone's fee-fees by taking a better player from them. Unless the devs do something to force it, player-stealing is going to go the way of the offer sheet in the NHL, a theoretically available way of making your team better that everyone just refuses to use.
Nah. The Mints had Jessica Telephone for two seasons, and we all knew that wasn't going to last. It didn't.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Nah. The Mints had Jessica Telephone for two seasons, and we all knew that wasn't going to last. It didn't.

Plus, cards on the table since it didn't happen, our plan was to plunder Mint whatever their name is from the Georgias. And I, personally, won't rest until Mint is a Mint

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Do tarot readings do anything or :iiam: ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Do tarot readings do anything or :iiam: ?

The cards you get? We have no idea.

The cards dealt in the reading on the day 27 siesta? Yes, Curry Aliciakeyes from the Magic got a debuff and Kennedy Rodgers on the Firefighters got a buff.