Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

3D world is driving me nuts. It looks great and the level design is cool and super varied. Also a big fan of 3D land and the old school 2D formula in a 3D Mario game. But something about the controls or camera angles just make it feel so imprecise and hard to gauge where I'm jumping that it just feels awful to play a lot of the time. I thought i'd get used to it but nope. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying it ruins the game but it's drat close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You know you can move the camera, right? I don't think there is a single place in the game where you have to do weird jumps where you can't move the camera so you are going forward or left/right. It defaults to that weird angle but is movable.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I finally decided to spend my brother's Christmas present and got the SMB3 pro controller. It's kind of nice, but there's one problem: it doesn't seem to be able to scan amiibo. I know in the regular pro controller the scan point is in the top center under the Switch logo, but there's no Switch logo on the SMB3 controller and I moved the amiibo up and down and all around on the center with no luck. I also tried using it over the right stick and even the top of the controller, but still nothing. So I had to just swap in my joycons and use the right stick to scan it. Doesn't make the controller bad or anything and I rarely scan amiibo anyway but it's still a slight annoyance. As is no rumble, though I know that's just how all pro controllers are.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

PowerA controllers superficially resemble pro controllers but they're not the same thing at all. No amiibo, no rumble, no gyro.

e. Or maybe they do have gyro? Getting mixed results looking it up.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I have one of the PowerA controllers and afaik it doesn't have gyro. At the very least I wasn't able to get it to work on BOTW, when I could get a DS4's gyros to work through an adapter.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Mine definitely has motion, I was able to use motion to look around when I was using the binoculars in Mario Odyssey. I also actually had no idea this wasn't an actual pro controller. It's fine, I probably still would have gotten it anyway. Looking it up it's actually apparently 20 bucks cheaper than a pro controller (which makes sense given it doesn't have rumble or an NFC reader).

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

How old and cheap are we talking? Like Vita OLED?
Not sure old was the right term as much as just not in much use/demand:

https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1367306260345884675

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Ratjaculation posted:

Did anyone get Windbound in the end? Did the updates add much? I was tempted until the initial reviews

The updates don't add any worthwhile content and the game itself is very repetitive and boring. You can also break it over your knee even in the first "level". Saw a few glowing reviews for it and bought it day one, unfortunately there's not much game there. The idea, graphics and the feel of the sea are really great though and if the devs build on that they can deliver something special.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

japtor posted:

Down for romance picross.

The article (or the reporter in a separate tweet, I forget) mentioned the specific type of OLED screen is older/cheap.

Specifically it's a hard flat single piece, where now most manufacturers are only wanting to buy the foldable, flexible, or curved kind wholesale.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

3D world is driving me nuts. It looks great and the level design is cool and super varied. Also a big fan of 3D land and the old school 2D formula in a 3D Mario game. But something about the controls or camera angles just make it feel so imprecise and hard to gauge where I'm jumping that it just feels awful to play a lot of the time. I thought i'd get used to it but nope. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying it ruins the game but it's drat close.

move the camera (up/down, right/left) with the right analog stick and never use Luigi

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hades is wonderful and it's by far the easiest rogue-like I've ever played.

Dicey Dungeons is fun but gently caress WITCH EPISODE 4. It's dogshit, unbelievably unfair, and unlike the others based soley on luck. I've had to skip it for now. If you've played it then you know

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
That Nintendo Will only upgrade the switch by a negligible amount so that it’s not really worth it but still have exclusives that can only play on it is such a magnificent gently caress you

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

That Nintendo Will only upgrade the switch by a negligible amount so that it’s not really worth it but still have exclusives that can only play on it is such a magnificent gently caress you

I think you should at least wait for the official release of the specifications before getting too bent out of shape about things

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Al-Saqr posted:

None of this is even close to being confirmed, calm down

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sakurazuka posted:

None of this is even close to being confirmed, calm down

But the insiders have said so

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/rumour_nintendo_switch_pro_will_have_exclusives_says_insider

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Yes, a more powerful newer version of a console will have games which weren't possible to port to a less powerful console. That's a given. Nothing about the specifications of the new console has been confirmed. That shtick of "b-b-but insiders!" is really dumb and tiring.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m an insider

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sorry to hear that, hope someone lets you out one day

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

not a bot posted:

Yes, a more powerful newer version of a console will have games which weren't possible to port to a less powerful console. That's a given. Nothing about the specifications of the new console has been confirmed. That shtick of "b-b-but insiders!" is really dumb and tiring.

You aren't wrong, but it's not like there's much other Switch news to shitpost about

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So like the New 3DS is this New Switch gonna have a Xenoblade X port cause I really wanna replay that right now.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Len posted:

You aren't wrong, but it's not like there's much other Switch news to shitpost about

How about we talk about weapons breaking in BotW instead? Now that's a classic

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

not a bot posted:

How about we talk about weapons breaking in BotW instead? Now that's a classic

Weapon durability, but every time a weapon breaks, you have buttery smooth 60 fps for 1 minute.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I think it's about time they released a printer for this thing.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

jackhunter64 posted:

I think it's about time they released a printer for this thing.

Bring back the Gameboy Camera and Printer

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

They changed how fast you move from the wiiu version and it's loving me up. Luigi feels awful.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Walk

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I beat the whole game playing exclusively as Luigi and always holding the run button. And I even jumped straight off the map the first time I played.

Apparently adapting is really hard for some people.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1360397421616844802?s=19

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Keeping it portable with three use modes and affordable in the same way means it's not going to be the PS6 or whatever but we don't loving know a single actual fact about it yet lmao

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Geo Fixer posted:

Yeah I agree on the Robo-Ridley boss fight. Overall I still love the game, I just wish Samus Returns was as good as Zero Mission.

I'm of the opposite opinion, but mostly because SR's way of doing completion jives with what I like about Metroid with regards to story telling, and I found the puzzles more creative than another Shinespark puzzle like a lot of the GBA era Metroid titles devolved to by the end. My personal Metroid tier list is one where the games aside from Other M and the first two are only separated by the smallest of margins because they are all that drat good.

EDIT: Not that Shinespark puzzles are bad or anything, I just feel like the GBA titles/AM2R overloaded on them too much for my liking.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like calling the shine spark stuff puzzles is a bit generous. Time fillers is more accurate.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love this phase of new console speculation because some people get pre-mad about what a company might do that when the product is revealed, they get even more mad because it's different.

Kid, I've been through every console war and the only ones gettin' hurt are the ones hurtin' themselves.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Inzombiac posted:

I love this phase of new console speculation because some people get pre-mad about what a company might do that when the product is revealed, they get even more mad because it's different.

Kid, I've been through every console war and the only ones gettin' hurt are the ones hurtin' themselves.

That happened with that direct like a week ago lol

Why won't mh hurry up and get on my switch

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Console war never changes.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Gnosia is cool as hell, y’all ought to check it out

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm gonna pick it up after I finish Persona Strikers and Bravely 2. Became interested once I learned it wasn't anime Among Us and actually has a story

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waffle! posted:

Console war never changes.

I can play sonic on a NINTENDO system but not Mario on a SEGA system.

The console wars are over and we won :mario:

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Don't worry you will still get to play late ports at 1.5 times the price, same as always.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

hatty posted:

I'm gonna pick it up after I finish Persona Strikers and Bravely 2. Became interested once I learned it wasn't anime Among Us and actually has a story

The story stuff seems interesting so far (I haven’t unlocked much yet) but I’m surprised how much I’m enjoying just playing Werewolf, it’s lots of fun and you can unlock moves that really help

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
I find it hard go belive a developer would put out game that depended on the screen of a particular switch revision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If you're so hot on playing non-Nintendo AAA titles and you only buy a nintendo console and then pitch a fit about it lmao what are you doing

Switch loving kicks rear end but it's not everything to everyone and it was never trying to be