Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Stop kink shaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Waltzing Along posted:

When it comes to McAfee, always remember that he likes to eat poo poo. Literal poo poo. Direct from someones rear end into his mouth.

He's a man of wealth and taste.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Waltzing Along posted:

When it comes to McAfee, always remember that he likes to eat poo poo. Literal poo poo. Direct from someones rear end into his mouth.

Yes, McAfee's regard for butt coins is well established.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Waltzing Along posted:

drat hes a mod?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Can someone explain why Binance is making blockchains within blockchains with their BEP-20 thing and how it has lower transaction fees than the root ETH it's running on? Like don't all the transactions that happen in BEP-20 have to run through two blockchains to get approved, making it like doubly expensive? Yet it's like 1/100th the cost for a transaction???

I've gotta be missing something here.

And what the gently caress is PancakeSwap? What the gently caress are they even trading?

The last time I looked at crypto was like 4 years ago and this poo poo is just loving dumb.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

drat hes a mod?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bought the monero dip and have made 1 dollar of profit
see you on the moon boys

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Can someone explain why Binance is making blockchains within blockchains with their BEP-20 thing and how it has lower transaction fees than the root ETH it's running on? Like don't all the transactions that happen in BEP-20 have to run through two blockchains to get approved, making it like doubly expensive? Yet it's like 1/100th the cost for a transaction???

And what the gently caress is PancakeSwap? What the gently caress are they even trading?

The last time I looked at crypto was like 4 years ago and this poo poo is just loving dumb.

Lies and hope.

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

Just had a flashback to the old bitcoin days when some idiot on the bitcoin forums wanted to buy a movie theater and his plan was to show Duck Tails reruns or some dumb poo poo.

Is Pirate@40 out of jail yet?

edit Also, the loving spongebob squarepants guy at bitcointalk who came up with trust ratings of all the ponzi schemes -- AAA- (AbsolutelyAScam's 8% weekly returns may be just a bit too high, will likely have to knock it down to 6% in the coming years)

honky dong fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 7, 2021

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Nitrousoxide posted:

quote:

PancakeSwap is a decentralized exchange for swapping BEP20 tokens on Binance Smart Chain. PancakeSwap uses an automated market maker (AMM) model where users trade against a liquidity pool. Such pools are filled with users’ funds. They deposit them into the pool, receiving liquidity provider (or LP) tokens in return. They can use those tokens to reclaim their share, plus a portion of the trading fees.

The LP tokens are called FLIP tokens. PancakeSwap also allows users to farm additional tokens – CAKE and SYRUP. On the farm, users can deposit LP tokens, locking them up in a process that rewards users with CAKE. Users can stake CAKE tokens to receive SYRUP, which will have further functionality as governance tokens (and as tickets in a lotteries).
Just type in any common noun and someone has turned it into some kind of completely insane crypto concept.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Users can stake CAKE tokens to receive SYRUP, which will have further functionality as governance tokens (and as tickets in a lotteries).

Yeah that’s the same thing...

(I don’t know or care what a governance token is)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

Butts go BEP BEP

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

honky dong posted:

Just had a flashback to the old bitcoin days when some idiot on the bitcoin forums wanted to buy a movie theater and his plan was to show Duck Tails reruns or some dumb poo poo.

Is Pirate@40 out of jail yet?

edit Also, the loving spongebob squarepants guy at bitcointalk who came up with trust ratings of all the ponzi schemes -- AAA- (AbsolutelyAScam's 8% weekly returns may be just a bit too high, will likely have to knock it down to 6% in the coming years)

Tail Spin too. He wanted all the sodas in one dispenser as well.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Tail Spin too. He wanted all the sodas in one dispenser as well.
Literally all the sodas. He wanted to serve every soda that existed.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Splicer posted:

Like some kind of soda utopia that coke and Pepsi will be joining hands in and singing kumbaya.

Also, he expected to get the tail spin IP for free... Cause Disney isn't doing anything with it, you see.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Splicer posted:

ok that would kick rear end

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Made approximately $30 on Coinbase Earn. If any one of these coins becomes the next BTC I'll be set!

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Looking back at the old bitcoin threads when goons were making fun of other goons for buying bitcoin when it was worth 300 bucks a coin.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Look all you want, we made fun of them for a reason (and still do, for literally the same reasons)

if ten people each spend a thousand bucks on lottery tickets and one of them hits the million, it's still a pretty fuckin stupid plan to spend a grand on lottos

edit: its an even stupider plan to obsessively predict that in the future all economies will be based on lottery tickets and nothing else

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 7, 2021

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Gianthogweed posted:

Looking back at the old bitcoin threads when goons were making fun of other goons for buying bitcoin when it was worth 300 bucks a coin.

Buying bitcoin is always stupid, hth. The entire price right now is entirely propped up by market manipulation by tether and the exchanges. Why do you think coin base is trying to do an ipo? It’s because it’s the only way they get real money that isn’t going to be seized for some kind of fraud scheme out of this.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ad by Khad posted:

Look all you want, we made fun of them for a reason (and still do, for literally the same reasons)

if ten people each spend a thousand bucks on lottery tickets and one of them hits the million, it's still a pretty fuckin stupid plan to spend a grand on lottos

edit: its an even stupider plan to obsessively predict that in the future all economies will be based on lottery tickets and nothing else

Or, more simple and easy to believe, you were wrong. The moving goalposts and grasping at straw is fairly transparent.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
"I'll bequeath FkMC (Fuckknows Money Coin) to my great grandchildren. They'll thank me when they are great grandparents themselves (although I don't expect they will before)"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

xtal posted:

Or, more simple and easy to believe, you were wrong. The moving goalposts and grasping at straw is fairly transparent.

You really, genuinely believe that something who’s value comes entirely from its enforced scarcity, who’s price is dictated on unregulated exchanges who manipulate the price for their own benefit, is a good “investment”?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

xtal posted:

That all currencies are like that. It's a fine currency and a terrible investment asset.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
bitcoin, bitcoin never changes

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

How high of a price does it have to hit before people will admit that they regret not buying even a little?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stealthgerbil posted:

How high of a price does it have to hit before people will admit that they regret not buying even a little?

I don't regret not buying, I regret not running it on a lark back when I first heard about it and generating a couple coins. At the same time I also harbor no illusion that under my absolute best case scenario I would have liquidated when they hit like, a dollar a coin and that in a more real scenario I'd have forgotten the password or been robbed long before I ever saw a dime.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I regret not buying a few BTC for pennies in the same way I regret not buying the winning powerball ticket when it pops above $300m and makes news.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Stealthgerbil posted:

I regret not putting all my money on red the last time I was in Vegas because my $10 bet on black lost.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stealthgerbil posted:

The problem with Bitcoin has never been that there is no money to be made

The problem with Bitcoin is that if you had bought in when Bitcoin first appeared on these forums, you would have likely lost your bitcoins in the 10 years since thanks to poo poo like mtgox crashing and all the theft and all the hacking and all the stupid poo poo that surrounds the internet funbux.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

Stealthgerbil posted:

Nothing to regret because it's a scam.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Fun fact if you had bought stonks 11 years ago as well, I am sure they'd be pretty pricey by now also.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I know all this but at some point its going to be a million bucks because of its decentralized ponzi nature plus human greed.

The only reason I say that is because I have a coworker who buys a little buttcoin each month, no matter the cost. It has worked out pretty well for him so far. Its probably dumb but he is way ahead over just buying stocks. He has been doing it for like the past four years or so.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If I regret anything, it's not buying Apple stocks 30 years ago. Could have been the savviest three year old investor.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Stealthgerbil posted:

The only reason I say that is because I have a coworker who buys a little buttcoin each month, no matter the cost. It has worked out pretty well for him so far.
Coinbase recommends users do this. I wonder why... :thunk:

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I'll grant buttcoiners that you can apparently profit by investing in a purely speculative asset whose only value derives from artificial scarcity and capital not having enough tangible assets to invest in. I'm pretty sure that's not the utopian vision that they originally sold crypto as, but hey, some people can make money off it.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The truth is that Bitcoin is dumb and we all could have made good money anyway if we'd bought in a little bit at 30 or 300 or 3000. It's not a binary choice between the bitcoin utopianism and bitcoin doomerism. Just because the buttcoiners act like a cult doesn't mean we have to.

HermanCain
Aug 2, 2013

Stealthgerbil posted:

I know all this but at some point its going to be a million bucks because of its decentralized ponzi nature plus human greed.

The only reason I say that is because I have a coworker who buys a little buttcoin each month, no matter the cost. It has worked out pretty well for him so far. Its probably dumb but he is way ahead over just buying stocks. He has been doing it for like the past four years or so.

Well sure, number go up, but there's an insanely large environmental impact directly related to it, with nothing positive in return. And every person in favor of buttcoins ignores that altogether and just goes "ah, but number go up?", as apparently money is the only thing that drives them.

Like, if you were living in Germany in 1942 the equivalent of your post would be "hmm, but my nazi neighbour did just get stolen artwork gifted for all the jews he ratted out... perhaps it is worth it?"

The equivalent of your previous post would be "lol so how many deutsche marks worth of art should be taken from the jews and redistributed before you guys regret not supporting hitler's coup?"

So, sure, talk about solely the potential money gain (which, as others pointed out, is not a 100% certainty thanks to endless scams), but realize that it makes you sound like an enormous antisocial rear end in a top hat.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

poverty goat posted:

The truth is that Bitcoin is dumb and we all could have made good money anyway if we'd bought in a little bit at 30 or 300 or 3000. It's not a binary choice between the bitcoin utopianism and bitcoin doomerism. Just because the buttcoiners act like a cult doesn't mean we have to.

The people that bet it all on black and won are trying to say that gambling all your money on black is a great idea. Yes, the truth is that if we had picked the right roulette number we would have a lot more money. That doesn't mean we're dumb for not playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Bitcoin will come crashing down eventually, almost certainly when tether folds due to being insolvent and operating illegally, at which point the people who realise their “usdt” isn’t redeemable anywhere will likely figure it’s a scam.