Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/ayabekaz/status/1362331539996991495

I hope this dude gets to release his game in English.

There's no reason not to bring a Shin-Chan game over to the West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, the issue kind of is Shin-chan is a childrens show with like 2,000 episodes while what americans are familiar with is like 50 episodes redubbed with crude humor added and a child who loves Ronald Reagan.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I didn't realize that there's more to that show than that. What's it about when it isn't an awful show about crude humor?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My friends for whatever reason are suddenly getting into League of Legends. I'm trying to play it with them since they're so into it but man after playing HOTS for so long it's just like playing HOTS but everything is more annoying. There's a bunch of stuff I don't like about how LoL handles things compared to HOTS that I could sit here and list out, but the biggest thing that I don't like is the last hitting mechanic (which is directly tied to the shop, another mechanic I don't like). HOTS streamlines all this and it's rough trying to play LoL with my friends. LoL fans I'm sure love the "complexity" or whatever but I am too old and tired for this. Bulldozing through a bunch of structures as a tiny fish boy is so much better

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

I mean, the issue kind of is Shin-chan is a childrens show with like 2,000 episodes while what americans are familiar with is like 50 episodes redubbed with crude humor added and a child who loves Ronald Reagan.

I remember they used to air it on Fox Kids right after Jackie Chan Adventures and I thought it was some sort of prequel.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

I didn't realize that there's more to that show than that. What's it about when it isn't an awful show about crude humor?

Its honestly a pretty mundane kids show where the kid shows his butt sometimes and can be a little rude. Nobody outside of the US thinks of it as anything super special other than its been on air for freakin ever, its like what if Dennis the Menace had a 30 year weekly tv show.

Macaluso posted:

My friends for whatever reason are suddenly getting into League of Legends. I'm trying to play it with them since they're so into it but man after playing HOTS for so long it's just like playing HOTS but everything is more annoying. There's a bunch of stuff I don't like about how LoL handles things compared to HOTS that I could sit here and list out, but the biggest thing that I don't like is the last hitting mechanic (which is directly tied to the shop, another mechanic I don't like). HOTS streamlines all this and it's rough trying to play LoL with my friends. LoL fans I'm sure love the "complexity" or whatever but I am too old and tired for this. Bulldozing through a bunch of structures as a tiny fish boy is so much better

HOTS was made to remove that legacy cruft, sorry. Only thing I can tell you is a) League used to be so so much worse this is after a decade+ of cleaning things up b) Wild Rift is a console/mobile phone variant of LoL that further removes stuff and plays way faster maybe try to lure them into that whenever it comes out in your country?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only thing I know about shin Chan is that the movies have beautiful animation

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Barudak posted:

Its honestly a pretty mundane kids show where the kid shows his butt sometimes and can be a little rude. Nobody outside of the US thinks of it as anything super special other than its been on air for freakin ever, its like what if Dennis the Menace had a 30 year weekly tv show.
Alright then. I was just kind of curious because that's pretty much also how it came across in my own country. I didn't watch it in the US, but I can't exclude the possibility that they presented it in a similar way here or even translated it from the US show, so I was just kind of wondering what it was supposed to be like.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Alright then. I was just kind of curious because that's pretty much also how it came across in my own country. I didn't watch it in the US, but I can't exclude the possibility that they presented it in a similar way here or even translated it from the US show, so I was just kind of wondering what it was supposed to be like.

The US show was a very limited run on a late night programming network ( a later season was made for Hulu but god only knows what happened to those rights) so I highly doubt anyone cribbed from that.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
All I know about shin chan is that time she pierced her taint

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This bit from sailor moon was the first time I'd seen anything related to shin chan so you can probably imagine the confusion for anyone who wasn't aware what shin chan was, gag dub or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_m3ZTv56k

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Barudak posted:

The US show was a very limited run on a late night programming network ( a later season was made for Hulu but god only knows what happened to those rights) so I highly doubt anyone cribbed from that.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time. That said, I'm not sure how long the show ran here, so I wouldn't be able to really say. It was a late afternoon program, though, which I guess might mean that the broadcasters considered it more of an adult show than something suitable for children.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Barudak posted:

It's huge in India

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Wario.

Wario Hat.(or a reasonable facsimile thereof)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGH_gIjS2u0

how is the arby's shovel knight real

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Acerbatus posted:

how is the arby's shovel knight real

Arby's has a marketing budget and they like memes, Yacht Club is an indie and needs money, seems pretty natural honestly.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i just hope this is enough to finally end decades of prejudice against arbys. i have a dream, too

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

They renamed plague knight as "Doctor Knight", quotes and all, and... fair.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Arby’s is probably okay if there are no good sandwich places around and you have no standards (I sure don’t!) but the one in my town is like two minutes from a pretty good local sub shop and five minutes from a great sub place so I always wonder how they’re still in buisness.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thanks to ads

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i worked at arby's in high school and boy do those processed meat loaves look nasty before you slice them. they're huge dark red lumps wrapped in cling wrap with like little grease craters all over the skin, the grease trapped there by the cling wrap. they're kept on a warming rack so when you open the door you get hit with a wave of hot greasy beef air. the grease sort of sublimates in there so there's a thin film on the outside of every loaf

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah didn't Arby's online social choose "Gamer" as their brand identity years back

Edit: joker voice
https://twitter.com/arbys/status/849275376962478082

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which big brand(s) was it that tried to tap into millenial "poo poo sucks"-style tweets

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

Arby’s is probably okay if there are no good sandwich places around and you have no standards (I sure don’t!) but the one in my town is like two minutes from a pretty good local sub shop and five minutes from a great sub place so I always wonder how they’re still in buisness.

I have an "artisanal" roast beef sandwich shop down the street from me that serves a high-quality version of an Arby's sandwich... it's 7 dollars though

They also have a non-homophobic version of the Chick-Fil-A sandwich

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Which big brand(s) was it that tried to tap into millenial "poo poo sucks"-style tweets

https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1045038141978169344

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Wendy's tabletop RPG ruleset was "cringe"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Considering it was released as a free joke I thought the Wendy's RPG was funny as long as you took it for the marketing gimmick it was.

Never played it and probably never will but I had a chuckle looking at the rules.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Marketing games used to be weirdly popular for this short time during the nineties. Some of them were surprisingly fun.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I never played Sneak King but it seemed to be pretty popular

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was the KFC PC a real product you could buy or was it a goof?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Wendy's tabletop RPG ruleset was "cringe"
wrong it was *rolls d20* based

Weedle
May 31, 2006

chex quest is good. only the doom version though. the remake on steam sucks

http://www.chucktropolis.com/gamers.htm

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCoCPn0pB6A

Edit: I legit wanted to play the Yoshinoya game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28xhvOMSJYk

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I clicked through to see if "ends meat" was intentional, but I just got depression instead. :smith:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Youre probably thinking of steak-umms but all of those social media marketing accounts run through the same few gimmicks. It sucks!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

hatty posted:

Was the KFC PC a real product you could buy or was it a goof?
It is absolutely real and you can play it. It's as stupid and hilarious as it sounds. Coloned Bishie-Sanders is going to cooking school and of course everything he makes is fried chicken of some description.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

It is absolutely real and you can play it. It's as stupid and hilarious as it sounds. Coloned Bishie-Sanders is going to cooking school and of course everything he makes is fried chicken of some description.

Hatty was asking about the PC, not the game

https://landing.coolermaster.com/kfconsole/

It was originally a joke but they did make plans to actually sell one, but I don't know if they ever actually did

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Oh, sorry, my mistake.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

No big deal!

That KFC game looks wild, I like the idea of jokey VR games, although I tend to avoid the Oculus store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

loev 2 engage w/ all my fave brands