Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Gaupo Guacho posted:

remember when everyone on the new left decided to expand their appeal by going after John lewis for insufficient radicalism and mocking him for being beaten by racist cops in the 60s

a real thing that happened

Zedhe Khoja has issued a correction as of 20:05 on Mar 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gaupo Guacho posted:

remember when everyone on the new left decided to expand their appeal by going after John lewis for insufficient radicalism and mocking him for being beaten by racist cops in the 60s

no I don't remember the fictional thing you're making up

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
John Lewis did some great things in his 20s. He was also a pretty bad member of congress.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i remember a lot of fictional things

like when trump electrocuted john lewis with lightning and threw him out of a window to his death last year

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

John Loseris

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rectal Death Adept posted:

i remember a lot of fictional things

like when trump electrocuted john lewis with lightning and threw him out of a window to his death last year

UNLIMITED PISSSSSSSSS

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Gaupo Guacho posted:

Thank you for your service.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gaupo Guacho posted:

No, because that didn't happen.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gaupo Guacho posted:

haha of course grandpa, let's get you to bed

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
i mean it was pretty awe inspiring how every time the black community in atlanta got too loud about being murdered they'd wheel him out to tell them to pull up their pants and go home

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mcmagic posted:

John Lewis did some great things in his 20s. He was also a pretty bad member of congress.

yea I'm pretty sure that poster is being bitchy about people rightly saying 'he did a lot of great things but we really shouldn't canonize people just for dying, Lewis himself would likely welcome a frank debate about the successes and failings of any activist'. Because obvs that means 'let's go poo poo on John Lewis' grave, for Stalin'.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
it was so hosed up when Nathanial J. Robinson got up after talking to John Lewis about who was being so mean to him but as he walked away he started shedding his fancy suit and giving up on his weird accent and John Lewis realizes all the things Nathanial was saying were based on bits of writing and text in his office and ran after him because Nathanial was secretly the racist cop from back then all along but he had already gotten away

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

loquacius posted:

haha of course grandpa, let's get you to bed

you have buttons, you can forum ban him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Gaupo Guacho posted:

Yeah what they learned is that if someone did something brave and bold in their early 20s, then sold out not long after (look up how he campaigned), that they get lifetime deference for whatever they say no matter what

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Raskolnikov38 posted:

divisive language

please let the forum heal first

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zedhe Khoja posted:

i mean it was pretty awe inspiring how every time the black community in atlanta got too loud about being murdered they'd wheel him out to tell them to pull up their pants and go home

it's gonna be really funny when Clyburn dies and they try to do the same thing but can't actually point to anything he did even in his youth that was that impressive before just settling into being a DNC kingmaker

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gaupo Guacho posted:

Yea it was the same day you begged me to suck my dick

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

sexpig by night posted:

it's gonna be really funny when Clyburn dies and they try to do the same thing but can't actually point to anything he did even in his youth that was that impressive before just settling into being a DNC kingmaker

Good news, we have 30 more years , minimum, of Obama being deified and obeyed no matter what he decides should happen, and he's more than happy to make the phone calls when needed

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Krysten Selma

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

sexpig by night posted:

ummm Clyburn saved america by ending the division in the democratic party

really the fact that Dellums went to a paupers grave with no mention and Lewis got a minor imperial funeral where they dunked on Stokley Carmichaels corpse illustrates what the actual dynamic is perfectly

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gaupo Guacho posted:

https://twitter.com/repjohnlewis/status/751432205826715648?s=19

Lmao the tweet is still up

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Democrats!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Gaupo Guacho posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Yea it was the same day you begged me to suck my dick

Aye, t'were a bonny St. Dicksuck's Day.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

In Training posted:

the only covid-related prison policy cuomo has enacted was forcing NY prison pop to produce hand sanitizer

didn't he end up buying it wholesale from mfers. then slapping a "made in prison" label over it?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lmao the tweet is still up

well he is dead

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Willa Rogers posted:

didn't he end up buying it wholesale from mfers. then slapping a "made in prison" label over it?

i mean this is basically the label on everything so respect to cuomo for being honest

the kind of leadership the dems could use tbh

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I see that Guacho is back to fulfill his humiliation fetish quota for the week.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/WhipClyburn/status/1270772766959120385?s=19

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

pigz posted:

So how's that 36b in Medicare cuts going? Dems jsut assuming they can prevent that somehow before next year?

it'll somehow end up being converted to more money for private insurers
& gently caress you.

The vig for not making the straight-up cuts demanded by dems' pay-go rules will be new medicare enrollees having to sign up with medicare advantage, a privatized system that is neither medicare nor an advantage over traditional medicare.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Gaupo Guacho posted:

No

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the look on his face in these video stills is of a grandpa who hasn't had a good poop in several days.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zedhe Khoja posted:

ummm Clyburn saved america by ending the division in the democratic party

really the fact that Dellums went to a paupers grave with no mention and Lewis got a minor imperial funeral where they dunked on Stokley Carmichaels corpse illustrates what the actual dynamic is perfectly

god I forgot that, what was it 'we need more Lewis and less Stokley' or something insane like that?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

god I forgot that, what was it 'we need more Lewis and less Stokley' or something insane like that?

We need less TikTok, and more tick-tock

- Gerry Adams

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

- Gerry Adams

"surely you know someone that can wire a timer" is definitely a top ten tweet

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

gradenko_2000 posted:

- Gerry Adams

:drat:

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Gaupo Guacho posted:

now this is a good unsourced d&d quote

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted: